Boost The Smoothie Flavors
You can choose the milk that you like the most. You can use plant-based milk like coconut milk or almond milk. Also, you can use skim milk, low fat milk as well as whole milk. In fact, it depends on your diet and preferences.
Another great tip is to add toppings to the strawberry mango banana smoothie. Whats not to love? You can add chia seeds with chunks of fresh mango and strawberries.
Also, you can add sliced almond to get a sweet crunch in your smoothie. Moreover, you can enjoy it with coconut shavings or even cashews!
To add, you might like your strawberry mango banana smoothie to have a creamy texture. So, you can replace the milk with yogurt. You can add it to your blender till you get the thickness you prefer.
One last tip is to choose ripe bananas to avoid adding any sweetener. In fact, this is a healthy smoothie. Therefore, it would be better to enjoy the natural sweetness of the fruits.
So, it is better to choose ripe bananas to mix with fresh strawberries and the tropical taste of mango. They will enrich the sweet flavor of this mouthwatering smoothie.
Can I Have Smoothies During Whole30
While the Whole30 team doesnt recommend smoothies for satiety reasons, its possible theres a place for smoothies during your Whole30. When I was pregnant, cold smoothies were pretty much the only thing I could stomach in the morning and the only way I could get any fruits or vegetables in me. You can read more about appropriate smoothies during Whole30, if youre interested.
Like this Mango Banana Smoothie recipe? Drop a star rating below! And Id love to hear about your experience making it leave a comment or tag me on Instagram
Why Use A Non
Technically you could use regular milk, but I wanted to keep it vegan. Regular cows milk is mucus forming and slows down our metabolism due to its casein content. If you want to learn more about why I recommend cutting cows milk out of your diet. Check out this quick post on why dairy leads to calcium loss, weaker bones, and a slower metabolism. I use non dairy milk for my coffee drinks too like this iced coffee frap. Using a non-dairy milk for the mango smoothie makes it:
Also Check: Cucumber Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
What To Add To Smoothies
Browse the list of smoothie add-ins below and discover your favorite.
- Greens: Leafy greens are a nutritious way to increase the fiber content of your smoothies. The best options include spinach, kale, and arugula. Dont worry, adding greens will not cause your smoothie to taste like grass! Since this recipe contains sweet fruits, like banana and mango, the greens are easily hidden. Spinach is the best choice because its completely flavorless.
- Protein powder: Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to make it a protein smoothie. This is a good idea if youre enjoying the beverage as post-workout fuel or trying to build muscle.
- Seeds: Hemp seeds, chia seeds, and flax seeds provide omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. I prefer adding healthy fats through seeds instead of nut butter for this particular smoothie recipe. In my opinion, nut butter pairs better with berry smoothies.
- Lemon: Lemon juice adds a fresh flavor and subtle tartness.
- Turmeric: This ingredient provides powerful anti-inflammatory benefits. You can add fresh turmeric or turmeric powder.
- Avocado: Avocados mild flavor and creamy texture makes it a perfect add-in for pretty much any smoothie. If you want to increase your intake of healthy fats, simply add half an avocado to the blender along with the other ingredients.
- Ginger: Add a ½-inch cube of fresh ginger for its immune boosting properties.
Tips For The Best Mango Banana Yogurt Smoothie
Use frozen fruit. If you are looking to quench your thirst with a truly refreshing beverage, frozen fruit is better than fresh fruit. The cold temperature will create a chilled smoothie with a thick consistency.
Adjust the liquid as needed. You may need to adjust the amount of coconut milk to get your desired consistency. If you are using all frozen fruit, add more. On the contrary, use less if you are using all fresh fruit.
Use your favorite yogurt. If you prefer almond milk yogurt over coconut yogurt , feel free to swap the ingredients.
Don’t Miss: Red Heart Scrubby Smoothie Yarn
What Fruit Pairs Well With Mango
Mangos have a sweet, syrupy, tropical flavor that pairs well with just about anything! If youre looking for other fruits to add to this mango banana smoothie recipe, try some of these:
- Tropical Fruits: pineapple, kiwi, fresh coconut
- Berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Stone Fruits: peaches, nectarines, cherries
- Pome Fruits: red or green apples, pears
- Citrus Fruits & Juices: orange, lime, grapefruit
How Do You Make A Creamy Smoothie
The yogurt here really helps to make this strawberry mango smoothie creamy and delicious. By avoiding adding ice to your smoothie, the fruit and yogurt combo helps to keep the smoothie luxurious and creamy delicious.
I have also found that using frozen fruit helps to keep smoothies creamy because you certainly dont need to add any extra ice to keep your smoothie chill. If you are planning ahead of time to make this strawberry mango smoothie, you can prep the fresh fruits by cutting them up into the cubes and placing them into an airtight bag and popping them in the freezer overnight! Making your own bags of frozen fruit is a great way to have pre-made smoothie packs on hand!
Also Check: What’s In A Banana Smoothie
Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
Simple and refreshing 4 ingredients mango banana smoothie is packed with flavors. It has pure mango goodness, creaminess from banana and slight taste of coconut milk to the PERFECTION!!
First things first. There are only 4 ingredients. Well start with mangoes. I love the mangoes in beverages. For that always choose the less fibrous variety. If you blender is powerful like mine then fibers will get broken and ground. But few will get missed and having a stringy fibers while drinking smoothie is not pleasant at all.
We also have banana in it. I always have frozen banana in my freezer. This is the secret to make creamy, super thick smoothie. In case you havent tried before, take the ripe banana, peel it, cut into three-four pieces and freeze in ziplock bag. Your life is about to change.
Also ripe banana will provide the natural sweetness to the smoothie. So you may not need to add sugar or honey.
Also, coconut milk. This adds the tropical flavor along with mangoes. Coconut milk also adds creaminess. I always use Thai Kitchen Organic Lite Coconut Milk. Instead of coconut milk, you can use almond milk. But NEVER use dairy milk means cows or buffalos milk. Dairy and banana are the worst combination in Ayurveda.
Last one is coconut water. It is added to make drinkable smoothie consistency. I always have coconut water in my fridge, so I use that. Instead you can use regular chilled water. It wont make much difference.
Making mango banana smoothie recipe:
Tips For The Best Smoothie
When first figuring out how to make a fruit smoothie, the key to sweetening it up is using extra ripe fruit. They may not be as pretty, but those concentrated natural sugars lend a sweetness that cant be compared.
Youre welcome to use fresh or frozen fruit in this homemade smoothie. If using frozen fruit, you may not need to use as much ice as the recipe calls for.
To make this even more protein potent, add a scoop or two of vanilla protein powder. I like this brand because its the light version and has the same amount of protein but less calories.
Don’t Miss: Grapefruit Smoothie To Burn Fat
What We Love About This Recipe
This recipe calls for 5 ingredients mango, bananas, milk, honey, and powdered green cardamom seeds
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipe
This week the internet exploded. Not because of political scandals, the return of Downtown Abby, or even because some guy raised a baby duck in his beard.
No, its because with the new year comes new resolutions for better health and a plethora of new homemade smoothie recipes. Its a cool and refreshing domination of the www. and perfect timing to add mine to the pack with my tropical mango banana smoothie.
Back in the day when I would drag myself into the office after my morning torture weight training session with my trainer, I would somehow will my legs one. step. at. a. time. to the community kitchen, meagerly toss a handful of ice into the blender, peel a banana, add a dash of milk and pour in a packet of protein powder. In my post workout trance Id refuel with a fantastic protein-powered shake that nourished my rebuilding-muscle tissue and keep me full and satisfied til lunch.
Since I dont work in the office anymore, I can invest a little more time and effort into my smoothie cravings. Sometimes I get a even get a little exotic. Okay, maybe more tropical than exotic. Ah hell, who cares. Im going big, and going with exotic.
Also Check: How Do You Freeze Bananas For Smoothies
Can We Use Store
You could, but I would suggest you get unsweetened mango pulp so that you can control the amount of sugar used in the recipe. One cup of mango pulp should be sufficient for this recipe.
Looking for more smoothie ideas that your family will love? Here are my top picks
Got a new Instant Pot?
How To Make Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe:
1) Wash and peel the mangoes. Chop them roughly and discard the pit. Take chopped mangoes into the blender or grinder.
2) Add banana. I am using frozen banana here just to make the smoothie extra chilled. Add sugar or honey as per your liking. I have not added any because I use very ripe banana to get most sweetness from it.
3) Then add light coconut milk. You can use full fat coconut milk, but I found that full fat one is little bit on heavier side. So I always use light. NOTE: if you are using homemade coconut milk then use second extract.
4) Also add coconut water. Start with less coconut water. Blend it till everything is well blended and smooth. Check the consistency of the smoothie and if needed add splash of more coconut water and blend again. Here I have frozen banana which makes the super thick smoothie, so I have added around ½ cup of coconut water. Instead of coconut water, you can use regular chilled water too.
Pour the smoothie into individual serving glasses, stick in the straw and enjoy!!
Serving suggestions: Enjoy this banana mango smoothie as a breakfast or snack. Because of the banana in it, this smoothie is really filling to the stomach. I prefer this as a breakfast.
Don’t Miss: Muscle Milk Smoothie Yogurt Protein Shake
Ways To Make The Smoothie More Creamy
There are two ingredients that create a creamy texture in this smoothie, bananas and greek yogurt. The starches and icy cell walls in frozen bananas break down in the blender to give a chilly yet smooth consistency. The milk proteins and lipids in the Greek yogurt add a richness to the smoothie while providing health beneficial probiotics.
What If The Smoothie Is Too Thick Or Thin
To get the perfect drinking consistency you should use frozen mango and fresh banana. But you can use either frozen or fresh fruit.
- If you use fresh fruit, its going to be runny. Just add a handful of ice cube to make it thicker.
- If you only have frozen fruit you can use it. But your smoothie is going to come out too thick to drink. To fix a smoothie thats too thick add more milk! You may have to play around with the ratios, but you will find the right balance of ingredients easily.
You May Like: How To Make Healthy Smoothies At Home
How To Get The Kids Involved With This Recipe:
- Ages 2-3: Let them add the ingredients into the blender. They can also help place straws into the smoothies before serving.
- Ages 4-5: Help them measure out the ingredients and pour them into the blender. They can also help by getting the glasses out for the finished smoothie.
- Ages 6-8: Teach them to use the blender so they can begin to make this recipe on their own.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Discover why we love getting the kids involved in the kitchen and more tips in our How to Get Kids Involved In Cooking article.
Can I Make This Into A Mango Banana Smoothie Bowl
I love the trend of smoothie bowls, which is basically a super thick smoothie poured into a bowl instead of a glass for drinking. To make this a smoothie bowl, reduce the orange juice to 1 cup and be sure to use frozen mango and banana. You might have to use the plunger your blender comes with to get the smoothie going with the reduced liquid. When the smoothie is super thick and creamy, spread it in a bowl and top with granola, sliced almonds, and more diced fruit. So pretty and fun!
Other fun drinks:
You May Like: What To Put In Smoothies For Energy
How To Freeze Mango & Banana
You can buy store-bought bagged frozen fruit, or you can freeze your own! To freeze mango and banana, just follow these simple steps:
While you dont have to use frozen fruit, it gives the smoothie a creamy, ice cream-like texture. Using fruit that isnt frozen will give this a juicier texture.
How To Make A Mango And Banana Smoothie
It couldnt be more simple to make this recipe because it only has three ingredients!
There is only one step. Simply gather your banana, frozen mango, and almond milk. Place them in a high speed blender and emulsify until its smooth. Dont worry if you dont have almond milk or are allergic to nuts. You can use any type of non-dairy milk to make this smoothie recipe.
Recommended Reading: Fat Burning Smoothies For Weight Loss
Mango Smoothie Bowl Ideas
The beauty of a thick smoothie like this is its also perfect for a smoothie bowl. If youve never tried it, turning this into a mango smoothie bowl entails just pouring the mixture into a bowl, adding toppings, and serving with a spoon! That luscious, creamy texture is deliciously spoonable, and toppings give you a chance to add new flavors, texture, and nutrients to make this a meal.
- Sliced fresh fruit or berries
- Granola, cereal, toasted coconut
- Chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax meal
- Sliced or chopped nuts
- Chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Nut butter or seed butter, drizzled
What Is The Best Liquid To Put In A Smoothie
Smoothies can be anything you want them to be! I like using fruit juices because they enhance the flavor! However,you can always use flavored water or different kinds of milk! Theres no wrong way to make a smoothie, just put in your favorite flavors and try as many combos as youd like.
One of my friends made this Banana Mango Smoothie with pineapple juice instead of orange juice! Delicious! The end result was more tart than my original recipe, but wow, it was amazing! Adding another fruity flavor into the mix was really fun and delicious. If you try any other fruit juice combos in your banana mango smoothie, let me know how they turn out.
Don’t Miss: Greek Yogurt Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Here Are Some Flavor Variations You Can Try:
- To make mango banana spinach smoothie, add 1/4 cup frozen spinach into the blender.
- To make mango banana strawberry smoothie, add 1/4 cup frozen strawberries.
- To make pineapple banana mango smoothie, add 1/4 frozen pineapples.
- To make kale banana mango smoothie, add 1/4 cup chopped kale.
- To make apple banana mango smoothie, replace orange juice with apple juice.
- To make avocado banana mango smoothie, replace yogurt with half an avocado.
- You can replace orange juice with coconut water to make banana mango smoothie with coconut water.
Well, thats all for today.
If you liked this healthy banana mango smoothie recipe, you may like some of these other healthy smoothie recipes too: