Substitutions For Fruit Smoothie
Fruit Mixing in some pineapple or strawberries would be delicious in this fruit smoothie.
Yogurt Nonfat greek yogurt is a great way to add protein and richness to smoothies for a low amount of calories. You can substitute with dairy free yogurt or full fat yogurt. You can also skip the yogurt, but may need a little bit more milk.
Milk Any milk will work in this recipe. Almond, Dairy, or other non dairy milks will all work.
Protein Powder Protein powder isnt necessary but it is recommended for this recipe. The added protein will help keep you full, rather than this just being blended fruit . Any protein powder will work. We like this protein powder best.
Frozen Fruit You can substitute frozen fruit for fresh fruit. Substitute 1:1. Frozen fruit will result in a thicker smoothie. Fresh fruit will result in a thinner smoothie
Other Add Ins Feel free to add in other nuts or seeds to this recipe. Chia or flax seeds would make a great addition!
Frozen Cauliflower: Frozen cauliflower is relatively tasteless and helps thicken smoothies. Its also a great way to add in sneaky veggies. 1/4 cup cauliflower rice will blend nicely in this recipe.
How To Make A Smoothie Creamier:
- Avocado is ideal for adding creaminess to smoothies. Its mild flavor disguises its nutritional wallop. After removing its skin and pit, you can add a whole avocado to your smoothie, or save some for the next day. As an alternative, add ice cream, frozenyogurt, or vanilla yogurt for more creaminess. Work your machine back up to its highest speed, and process for 10-20 seconds.
- Tip: Smoothies need a good blend of liquid and solid ingredients to achieve just the right texture.
Easy Healthy Smoothie Prep
If you want to have smoothies everyday, you need to be super organized. Its best to get everyone involved with smoothie prep.
Chop and dice fruit and store them in the freezer in single portion packs. You can vary the fruit combos to cater for different preferences.
In the morning, simply blend with the liquid of your choice.
Heres a YouTube video by A Sweet Pea Chef on how to do smoothies prep.
Also Check: Best Ninja For Making Smoothies
Make A Yogurt Smoothie
Yogurts that are made from plant-based food such as beans and nuts are healthier than fruits in the sense that they are rich in protein and calcium, which are macronutrients necessary for maintaining a sound healthy body.
For less than a hundred calories, plant-based yogurts are relatively lower than most fruits in terms of calorie content.
Up to 10% of the recommended daily allowance of calcium can be obtained from soy-based yogurt, and approximately 3 grams of protein per 100 grams serving can be accumulated as well.
Almond yogurt, on the other hand, is usually fortified to contain additional calcium and higher protein content.
Coconut yogurt, while low in protein, is also low in sugar which can help you avoid dangerous levels of blood glucose.
Additionally, though fruits seldom contain healthy fats, plant-based yogurts have them in sufficient amounts to contribute to a sustainable diet.
Since most yogurts are dense, they can lend creaminess and thickness to the smoothies, which is ideal for preventing a watered-down version of the beverage.
So instead of going for water, opt for 1 cup of any of the following yogurts to add into your smoothie.
- Soy Yogurt
- Coconut Yogurt
Green Tea Blueberry And Banana Smoothie
To prepare this smoothie featuring antioxidant-rich green tea, simply heat 3 Tbsp. of water in a bowl in the microwave until its steaming hot. Then, add 1 green tea bag and allow it to brew for 3 minutes. Remove the tea bag and stir in 2 tsp. honey until it dissolves. Combine 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, 1/2 medium banana, and 3/4 cup calcium-fortified light vanilla soy milk into a blender. Add the tea and process all ingredients until smooth.
Nutrition :269 calories, 2.5 g fat, 3.5 g protein, 63 g carbs , 38.5 g sugars
You May Like: Doordash Tropical Smoothie Promo Code
One Of The Best Fruit Smoothie Recipes
We love this frozen fruit smoothie because its delicious, but there are so many things to love about it!
- High Protein This recipe has nonfat greek yogurt and protein powder, giving it 20g+ of protein per smoothie!
- Easy to Make You only need 4 simple ingredients to make this smoothie recipe, and its as easy as adding to a blender and turning it on!
- Easy to Customize There are tons of ways you can make this recipe your own with whatever fruit you have in your fridge or freezer
Pineapple And Broccoli Smoothie
This is a very pretty smoothie and tastes as good as it looks. To make it, you simply need to blend:
6 ounces key lime pie flavored yogurt ½ cup pineapple juice 5 or 6 ice cubes ½ cup cucumber slices peeled 12 ounces frozen broccoli ¼ cup crushed pineapple
These natural smoothie recipes are sure to please any taste and they are packed full of vitamins and minerals so they are tasty and healthy. Enjoy! Pictures: , and our own creations.
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
How To Make A Smoothie Without Fruit Taste Delicious: 5 Ways
5 ways to make a smoothie taste delicious without fruit. Here are some effective tricks Ive learned to make smoothies taste sweet and delicious without fruit.
During a period of time when I was trying to improve my health, I cut out fruit for a while, while experimenting with a low carb keto diet.
Although Im back to eating fruit again now, lots of people still want to know how to avoid fruit in their smoothies.
Here are some effective tricks Ive learned to make smoothies taste sweet and delicious without fruit.
Have you ever wondered how to make a smoothie without fruit?
Most people havent, because fruits have become quite synonymous to smoothies.
Theyre basically what make most smoothies palatable and easier to drink every day.
Who wouldnt want a beverage that doesnt taste like grass, right?
This speaks true for recipes that require leafy greens and other vegetables for the ingredients.
FREESMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Many dieters believe that it is the fruit that lends the delicious taste in healthy drinks.
But I beg to disagree.
Why? Because fruits arent everything.
You can make delicious smoothies even without fruits, and even get as many nutrients as possible out of the other ingredients that could be used to replace fruits.
What Are Some Great Smoothie Recipes
Alright, now that youre fully versed on how to make a great smoothie, let me share with you some of our absolute favorite combos! Click on any image to jump over to that specific smoothie recipe.
Classic Simple Smoothies
These smoothies are a great place to start. No weird ingredients that you have to special order, just fresh, real food that you can find at any typical supermarket.
You May Like: How Much Are Smoothies At Mcdonald’s
Banana Almond Protein Smoothie
Creamy almond butter offers healthy fats, while coconut water helps restore electrolytes after a tough workout. Greek yogurt and a scoop of whey keep the protein content high.
In a blender, add 1/2 cup coconut water, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 3 Tbsp. almond butter, 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup ice. Process until smooth, serves 2.
Nutrition : 329 calories, 17 g fat, 21 g protein, 26 g carbs , 15 g sugars
And Check Out Some Of Our Favorite Smoothie Hacks Too:
- How to Freeze Strawberries. There are lots of ways to use frozen strawberries, but smoothies are definitely one of my favorites!
- Smoothie Booster Packs. Never let spinach go bad again! Drop these frozen smoothie packs into your smoothies to boost the nutrition.
- 3 Ways to Meal Prep Smoothies. Yes, you can make ahead smoothies! And we have three ways to show you how.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Dragon Fruit Smoothie
Peaches And Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
No time for a leisurely meal? Try this grab-and-go, probiotic-rich take on morning oatmeal. Whole-grain oats contain prebiotic fiber that promotes gut health.
This recipe from Preventions Smoothies & Juicesmakes two smoothies: Blend 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 cup frozen peaches, 1/2 frozen banana, and 1/2 cup ice until smooth.
Nutrition : 217 calories, 5.5 g fat , 11 g protein, 33 g carbs , 15 g sugars
Why You Should Make This Banana Smoothie
Ive made a version of this easy banana smoothie recipe more times than I can count. Its perfect on its own and is the best base recipe for adding more ingredients like fruit, nut butter, and veggies.
Here are a few more reasons we love it:
- You need less than 5 minutes to make it.
- You can use fresh or frozen bananas.
- Its easy to adapt to what you have in the kitchen.
- This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Kids love it!
- You can even make the smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and save it for later.
Don’t Miss: Healthy Non Dairy Smoothie Recipes
Super Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Oh yes, fruit combinations are endless in smoothies! And that makes it all the more fun to experiment with new flavors and vibrant colors. Just remember to make the most of whats in season. Stock up on mangos in the summer and persimmons in the winter. Then blend those with year round fruits such as bananas or apples to create easy, tasty, and refreshing options.
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie: This is a classic combo that never fails and can be enjoyed all year round!
- Mango Smoothie: Mangos are blended with bananas and milk for a sweet and creamy summertime recipe.
- Mandarin Breakfast Smoothie: This creamsicle dream is brimming with Vitamin C, and plenty of power ingredients to kickstart your morning!
- Strawberry Acai Smoothie: If youve got frozen acai packs, blend them with strawberries and bananas to create a vitamin-packed smoothie.
- Peach Breakfast Smoothie: Enjoy the best of peach season with a breakfast smoothie full of creamy yogurt, chia seeds, and a few easy spices.
- Almond Orange Smoothie: Oranges, bananas, almond butter, and vanilla beans make for a simple smoothie thats packed with flavor and nutrients. Bonus, it tastes like an Orange Julius!
- Post Workout Green Smoothie: Try this easy combo of spinach, apples, bananas, avocado, and protein powder to complete your workout routine.
Caramel Apple Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie
This vegan, gluten-free breakfast smoothie is perfect for cold mornings when youre craving a fall treat. Dont worry: Theres no caramel in this recipe. Instead, this blogger subs in dates to add natural sweetness, along with antioxidants, fiber, and minerals. Rolled oats also pack fiber and protein, while apples and cinnamon give that undeniably heartwarming taste. This dreamy mixture sits in the fridge overnight, saving you so much time in the mornings.
Recommended Reading: Are Fruit Smoothies Good For Diabetics
Detox Green Smoothie With Chia Seeds
If you havent tried chia seeds yet, heres a great opportunity. These tiny but mighty seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids that are great for your heart. They also help you stay fuller longer, thanks to its plant protein power. Combined with spinach, unsweetened almond milk, frozen pineapple, and naturally sweet banana, this tasty mixture is the ultimate breakfast treat.
Smoothies For Toddlers + Kids
These 15 Smoothies for Toddlers + Kids are an amazing way to get more fruits, vegetables and nutrients into your kids belly! Theyre easy, fast, and delicious. Great for breakfast, snacks, or on-the-go lunch! Plus I give you my tried-and-true best smoothie cups for toddlers + kids.
Also Check: Smoothie King Team Member Job Description
How Do You Make A Frozen Fruit Smoothie
I personally have a blender meant just for smoothies but its not necessary any blending machine will work. Toss your blend of frozen fruit, juice, and Greek yogurt into the blender and mix until smooth. I chose to use blueberries, cherries, raspberries, and mango for a tart, yet sweet, blend of fruits.
This recipe makes two servings but can easily be adjusted to make only one serving, or more servings, whatever you desire. Simply cut the recipe in half for one serving. If you double the amount of ingredients called for, remember that it will bump it to four servings since this is enough to make two servings. Each serving is around 16 ounces each.
There are a lot of great juices out there that would work well in your fruit smoothie. I typically use apple juice because its readily available and a neutral flavor base, but other great options are
- White grape juice
- Pineapple juice
- Cranberry juice
You can even use milk, almond milk or coconut milk instead of juice for your smoothie.
I typically use whatever odds and ends of fruit I happen to have in my freezer. You can really mix and match however you like here, just use the same quantity of the fruits listed in the recipe. Some other great fruit options to use are
The Trick To Blending
Ever hear that empty whir of your blender blades with no movement? Yep, sometimes smoothies can be hard to blend because the icy components can freeze the blender blades. When this happens, you need to add more liquid: but not so much that the smoothie becomes watery! Here are some tricks to blending up the perfect fruit smoothie:
- Use a good blender. Really, your smoothie is only as good as your blender. A weak one just doesnt cut it! Get a high quality blender and if you have the resources, a high speed blender is even more powerful.
- Place the fresh fruit and liquid near the blades. In this smoothie, youll start with the fresh apple and banana, then add the water, then place the frozen items on top. Layering in this fashion prevents the blades from getting stuck initially.
- Use a smoothie tamper. Some blenders come with a smoothie tamper, a long stick you can place through the hole in the top of the blender to help the smoothie blend. Its not necessary but can be helpful.
Read Also: Green Smoothie Weight Loss 40 Lb 1 Month
Is It Healthy To Have A Smoothie For Breakfast
Smoothies can make a healthy breakfast if you have a good balance of ingredients and nutrientsincluding protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Smoothies that heavily rely on veggies over fruit instantly cut down on sugar and increase the fiber content. You also want to avoid adding a lot of fruit juice and sweeteners, like syrups and honey, to limit the sweet stuff. Adding yogurt and protein powder helps make smoothies more filling, so youll stay satisfied longer. Just be sure to choose powders that have little to no added sugar and have zero artificial ingredients.
The liquid bases you use in your smoothie also play a big role. Skip fruit juices, which are packed with sugar and lack protein and fat, and go for low-fat milk or an unsweetened, non-dairy milk alternative, like almond, coconut, or cashew. Some non-dairy milks have less protein than cows milk, but they offer healthy fats to keep you satiated.
How To Make A Fruit Smoothie
This basic recipe will teach you How to Make ANY Fruit Smoothie using fresh and frozen ingredients! Once you learn this simple formula youll be able to mix it up with tropical fruits and berries, add in greens such as spinach or kale, and even make them vegan and dairy-free. And the best part? Only a few simple ingredients and less than 5 minutes are needed to make the best homemade smoothie!
Read Also: Best Fat Burning Powder For Smoothies
How Do I Make Smoothies If I Dont Like Bananas
Lucky for you, we have an entire post of recipes to make a smoothie without banana. Try those recipes, or tweak any of the recipes below by:
- Subbing in 1/2 cup additional plain Greek yogurt , plus 1 tablespoon additional sweetener and a handful of ice cubes in place of the frozen banana in these recipes.
- Other options: canned pineapple, sweetened yogurt, canned pears. Adding half a ripe avocado can really help make up for the creaminess that bananas usually add, too.
Can You Store This Fruit Smoothie
Actually, you can! Smoothies are best eaten immediately. But you can store this fruit smoothie for 1 to 2 days refrigerated, stored in a sealed container or a mason jar with the lid on. If it separates , just shake it up and youre good to go.
Why would you store it? Its actually perfect for breakfast on the good. Mix up a smoothie the night before, and you can enjoy it for breakfast the next day.
Don’t Miss: Closest Smoothie King To Me
Add Healthy Sweeteners To Make An Extra Sweet Smoothie Without Fruit
Natural sweeteners are your instant alternatives to unhealthy refined sugars whenever your sweet tooth craves.
While they may be processed into simpler forms, they still retain their natural goodness that lacks an exceeding amount of glucose and artificial enhancers, which may be harmful to health especially to diabetics.
Most of these sweeteners are sourced from plants having a long list of essential health benefits themselves.
No wonder many doctors recommend sugar substitutes such as stevia among many other natural sweeteners that also pack in nutrients such as enzymes, vitamins, and minerals.
Here are other healthy sweeteners you may use for your smoothies: