How To Make The Perfect Strawberry Banana Smoothie
The perfect strawberry banana smoothie is a wondrous thing creamy yet light and fresh, whizzed together in only a couple of seconds, ready for breakfast, post-gym workout or after an exercise class, or even as a healthy snack.
Often, with the simplest dishes, its difficult to know where to begin. How do you make the most delicious cheese on toast, pasta salad, or banana bread? I have another one for you how do you make the best strawberry banana smoothie?
Ill show you how.
My strawberry banana smoothie recipe is made with a couple of extra ingredients to give the flavor a big boost, plus it is healthy, ticking off two of your five a day in one drink.
So, if youre looking to find out how to make the perfect strawberry banana smoothie, keep reading!
Bananas And Cardiovascular Health
Banana is fruit that can help you avoid cardiovascular diseases such as atherosclerosis, stroke and high blood pressure. High potassium level in banana is essential to maintain normal blood pressure and heart function. It is able to help prevent high blood pressure and subsequently reduces stroke risk.
High fiber content in bananas is also very important in lowering cholesterol level in our blood by binding it and taking it out of our body and will help to prevent high cholesterol from developing in our body.
How To Make Banana
1. Mix well all the ingredients in a blender to create a smooth drink. Serve cold.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see 🙂
Coni’s passion is to make healthy, easy and delicious homemade meals.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Also Check: Proti Vlc Smoothie Flavor Pack
Heres What Youll Find In This Article:
- How to make Banana Smoothies
- Grown up Strawberry Banana Smoothies Recipe
- Blueberry Banana Smoothies Recipe
- Banana Smoothies Chocolate Lovers Recipe
- Banana Avocado Smoothies Recipe
- Peach and Banana Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
- After Workout Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
I recommend working with frozen bananas. They help cool the smoothie without having to add ice, plus theyre a great way to use up bananas that have started to brown.
Below you will find basic directions on how to make banana smoothies, then below that 10 recipes to work with.
Smell Color Easy Of Plucking
In any doubt, remember my own smell, color and ease of plucking test. A ripe banana will be 1) have a sweet banana smell, 2) yellow color with lots of dark speckles, and 3) very easy to be plucked from its branch. An unripe banana will be 1) little to no smell at all, 2) very bright yellow color, and 3) hard to be plucked.
I would recommend for you to freeze these ripe banana immediately because if you let it ripe more, it is going to go bad soon. A banana gone bad will feel squishy, mushy looks very dark and you wont even think of eating the flesh. Freezing the banana at its ripest stage will allow you to use it at a later time not too mention you dont have to add any ice if you are using a frozen banana for your smoothie.
A bit overripe banana in this picture here. For these, you are going to need to peel it open and see its inside. If the banana is still firm and bright yellow in color, then its good to be eaten. But if its dark, mushy and slimy, its better to just throw it away
You May Like: Best Personal Blender For Frozen Fruit Smoothies
Best Blenders For Smoothies
When making a smoothie recipe at home there are a few ways you can blend it together. Here are the pros and cons of each method:
- High-speed individual blender such as aNutribullet. This option makes for super easy clean-up, but is best for just 1-2 servings.
- Large high-speed blender such as aVitamix. Best for making a large batch, but calls for more cleanup.
- 6 cup+ food processor such as a Cuisinart Food Processor. A last resort since it does not blend up the smoothie as easily, but it will get the job done.
How To Thicken A Smoothie
I love a good smoothie that has a milkshake-like texture. Here are 3 tricks to make sure your smoothie turns out nice & thick:
You can also add ice to help thicken a smoothie, but keep in mind that the ice will dilute the flavor. This peanut butter banana smoothie is so delicious as written, you wont want to change the taste!
Recommended Reading: What Do You Need For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Variations For A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Not only is a smoothie a fantastic vehicle for nutritious food during the day, but is also very adaptable to your liking. Here are easy variations for this recipe:
- Chocolate. Thinking of having a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie to stave off the temptation of a less healthy dessert? Add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder or a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and this very well may replace your favorite milkshake.
- Protein Powder. This peanut butter banana smoothie has protein because of the peanut butter and Greek yogurt. But if you need an extra boost in your banana smoothie after a workout, add a ½ to 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder .
- Bowl Style. For a new twist, try a peanut butter banana smoothie bowl. Add extra banana or ice to thicken it further, then serve it in a bowl with toppings, such as granola, banana slices, or blueberries, and a drizzle of additional peanut butter.
How To Make Banana Smoothies
- Freeze the banana: While this smoothie is simple to make, it does require just a bit of planning. I like to prep the bananas right after I get home from the grocery store, so I dont forget! Remove the peel, slice the banana into coins, place in freezer-safe containers or bags, and freeze overnight. Honestly, having a completely frozen banana is what takes this smoothie over the top.
- Measure: While it might seem silly to actually measure out ingredients for a smoothie instead of just throwing everything in, I highly recommend measuring ingredients the first few times you make this, so you get a good feel for the quantities. Throwing random ingredients in a blender can often end up giving you way too much smoothie or tasting, well, nasty. Its also a good idea to measure if youre tracking macros or calories.
- Blend: If you have a high-powered blender , you can add everything in and blend until smooth. If you dont have a powerful blender, follow manufacturer instructions for what ingredients to add first to avoid cavitation.
- Taste: Give it a quick taste and if needed, add in a bit of sweetener. We rarely add in sweetener because the banana sweetens this so much. The sweetness of bananas can vary, though, particularly depending on their ripeness.
Why You Should Make This Banana Smoothie
Ive made a version of this easy banana smoothie recipe more times than I can count. Its perfect on its own and is the best base recipe for adding more ingredients like fruit, nut butter, and veggies.
Here are a few more reasons we love it:
- You need less than 5 minutes to make it.
- You can use fresh or frozen bananas.
- Its easy to adapt to what you have in the kitchen.
- This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Kids love it!
- You can even make the smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and save it for later.
Do You Put Ice In Smoothies
You generally wont find ice in any of my smoothie recipes because I find it detracts from the recipe. If you have fully frozen fruit, that will give you the perfect smoothie consistency without having to water it down with ice. Theres no ice in this banana smoothie and I think youll agree its best that way!
Recommended Reading: Can You Put Oats In A Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients:
To make this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, you will need the following ingredients :
- Frozen strawberries: Or you can sub in any other kind of frozen berries that you have on hand.
- Banana: I typically just use fresh bananas. But if you have frozen sliced bananas, you can omit some of the ice in this recipe.
- Milk: Any type of milk will work for this recipe cows milk, almond milk, oat milk, you name it.
- Ice: However much is needed to achieve your desired smoothie consistency.
- Optional add-ins: See ideas below!
Frozen Mango Or Peach
âFrozen mango and peaches offer a more subtle taste while offering sweetness like bananas, do, all while also providing the smooth texture you crave,â Jones says. These may be your best bets for green smoothies with kale and herbs since they add a sweet flavor, but you can use the fruits for other smoothies that are more fruity or tropical or use protein powder and nut butter. âIf you freeze your own fruit, be sure to peel the mango first, but peach skin is soft enough that it should blend well,â she adds.
You May Like: Banana Smoothie For Belly Fat
How To Freeze Strawberries
If you have a lot of fresh strawberries you can always freeze your own. Then use them to add to your smoothie later!
In order to prevent the strawberries from sticking together when frozen, you can follow these steps for freezing fresh strawberries:
How to Freeze Strawberries
My Strawberry Banana Smoothie Tips
Here are some tips for making the best ever strawberry banana smoothie:
1. Make sure your almond milk is unsweetened otherwise the whole smoothie will be too sweet. If you would like to add more sweetener to the smoothie, simply add a little more honey remember, just add a teaspoon at a time as sweetener goes a long way.
2. Pour in your liquid first then add the rest of your ingredients. The liquid then acts as a force to break down the fruit and other ingredients as it blends, and your final smoothie is in fact smoother!
3. Add vanilla a little extra sweet, spicy flavor to complement the cinnamon.
4. If youre vegan, try my strawberry banana smoothie with vegan yogurt, and maple syrup instead of honey.
So, now you have my guide for the perfect strawberry banana smoothie thick, creamy and indulgent, yet fresh and healthy, full of natural ingredients. Enjoy it as a quick snack or for a filling breakfast, and youll quickly agree that its the best strawberry banana smoothie recipe ever!
How To Make The Best Banana Smoothie
My basic smoothie recipe calls for four simple ingredients:
Banana I use one banana to make one large or two smaller smoothies. For the best tasting smoothie, use a ripe banana. For the creamiest banana smoothie, use frozen banana slices. Ive shared how I freeze bananas for smoothies below.
Half an orange When I have oranges in the house, I love adding them to my morning smoothie. It adds extra vitamin C and tropical flavor. If you dont have oranges on hand, dont worry, you can substitute other fruits like mango, pineapple, and berries.
Plain or Greek yogurt I dont always add yogurt to my smoothies, but when I do have it in the fridge, adding a spoonful ensures a protein-packed and creamy smoothie. For a smoothie without yogurt, add a little extra fruit or include veggies like spinach or kale.
Water or milk To help the ingredients blend, I like adding a splash of liquid to the blender. For a smoothie without milk, use water. It still tastes amazing. For more creaminess add milk .
To make the smoothie, I add everything into a blender and then blend until smooth. For an icy cold smoothie, throw in a handful of ice or use frozen fruits.
Final Thoughts On Smoothies With Bananas
This article proved beyond a double that bananas are a great addition to any smoothie.
Next time you have browning bananas, slice them and freeze them to make recipes with frozen bananas.
Here at Lose Weight By Eating we love smoothies! Between the website recipes and the cookbook recipes Ive written over 100 smoothie recipes.
I couldnt do that without my trusty blender. Check out this article to find out what blenders are best for smoothies.
Also Check: Surf City Squeeze Smoothie Mix
Why Youll Love This Banana Smoothie Recipe
- It will give you energy and fill you up without making you feel sluggish.
- Its very kid-friendly.
- You need only four simple ingredients and five minutes to make this banana smoothie.
- Its a good way to use up extra ripe bananas.
- This banana smoothie is endlessly customizable to add more protein, fiber and other nutrients. See more banana smoothie ideas below!
Is Mcdonalds Strawberry Banana Smoothie Healthy
Lets face it, McDonalds smoothies are definitely one of the healthier items on their menu. They contain very little fat, which is a good thing. However, they are quite high in calories and have refined sugar in them.
According to the American Heart Association, the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are:
- Men: 37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons
- Women and kids: 25 grams or 6 teaspoons
McDonalds nutrition facts for their strawberry banana smoothie doesnt precise what amount of sugar comes from added sugars and what is fruit sugar. However, the ingredients state that there is added sugar in both the fruit puree and the yogurt base of the smoothie.
If you go to McDonalds and get yourself a large smoothie, thats not too bad: you will only consume 330 calories. But if you also get yourself a McDonalds meal, you will hit closer to 1200 calories. Thats a lot unless you are hitting the gym after the meal!
According to health.com you need to jump rope for 35 minutes to burn 300 calories. As an alternative run up and down the stairs during 30 minutes to get those 300 calories from your system. However, it doesnt have to be that hard If you have a garden, 1 hour of raking the lawn will also burn the smoothie calories. Another alternative is to go for a 2+ hour shopping spree . Who knew shopping could be so efficient? For more information, check out this handy guide by Harvard Medical School% Calories burned in 30 minutes for people of three different weights.
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Real Smoothie
Are Banana Smoothies Good For You
Banana smoothies can be good for you as long as you use healthy ingredients! This recipe contains bananas, milk, vanilla, ice and a bit of sugar. Sugar is optional though. If your bananas are ripe enough, they will provide enough sweetness for your smoothie which will make a very healthy banana smoothie recipe!
The sugar in this recipe is used to sweeten and deepen the banana flavor. But it is not necessary if you prefer to leave it out.
The point is, you can always modify this recipe to meet your dietary needs, just know that the overall taste and texture will be a bit different if you do so.
Are you ready for this smoothie recipe? Ok. Let’s do this!
How To Freeze Bananas
When you find yourself with more ripe bananas than you can eat, freeze them and youll have frozen bananas ready whenever you want to make a smoothie.
- To freeze bananas, start by peeling the bananas and slicing them into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
- Place the sliced bananas in a zip-top baggie and squeeze out any excess air. Or, freeze in another airtight container.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours and up to 1 month, then add the frozen bananas to your favorite smoothie recipes.
- The bananas may stick together a little as they freeze, but you can easily separate any big clumps. Its ok if a few banana slices are stuck together when you put them in your blender.
- To prevent bananas from sticking together you can first flash freeze the banana slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and then transfer them to an airtight container. I usually dont bother with this extra step.
Also Check: Easy Healthy Breakfast Smoothies For Weight Loss