Why Youll Love This Recipe:
- This banana smoothie is thick, creamy and satisfying! Its a good source of protein with the addition of Greek yogurt, and contains no added sweeteners.
- It takes only 5 minutes of prep and 4 ingredients.
- Its easily customized with your favorite milk and yogurt, making a good option for vegan and dairy free diets.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
Smoothies are so easy to make, and you can easily customize them to whatever flavors youre in the mood for. Today we are making our favorite Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe, so you will need:
- Bananas you can use bananas that are a little more ripe or even frozen bananas.
- Strawberries fresh or frozen will work.
- Plain Greek Yogurt Plain is the healthiest choice, but you could use a flavored as well, like vanilla or strawberry.
- Honey to sweeten.
- Milk or apple juice depending on how creamy you want your smoothie, milk or even almond milk will give you a more frothy texture. Apple juice also sweetens so you could omit the honey.
- Ice optional, see below
Simple, healthy ingredients! The actual amounts that we use and recommend are in the printable recipe below, but really, its all about the flavor and texture youre going for. Do you want a banana strawberry smoothie that has more banana flavor than strawberry? Or do you want the strawberries to be the star?
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie is my go to healthy breakfast that takes just a few minutes to throw together and tastes like ice cream 😀 Legit one of my FAVORITE smoothie recipes on the blog.
Considering I have a ridiculous amount of smoothie recipes on my blog at this point, its a little crazy that I dont already have a peanut butter banana recipe. I make a version of this smoothie ALL of the time so I figured that I would document my go to recipe for you.
As the weather starts to warm up in the spring , I always find myself reaching for smoothies more often in the mornings. Im not sad about that one little bit since most of my smoothies just taste like a big cup of creamy ice cream. Ice cream for breakfast on the reg is the kind of life that I want to live.
As with most of my smoothies, I tried to make this one flexible. I often offer an alternative for bananas . But since its a star ingredient in this peanut butter smoothie, Ill refrain 🙂
The kinds of yogurt and the milk that you use are completely up to you. I used almond milk and greek yogurt but if desired, you can use regular milk or a dairy free alternative yogurt. Whatever works best for your diet.
Also Check: Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Vanilla
Strawberry Banana Orange Juice Smoothie:
Strawberries are popularly used in fruit smoothies and strawberry banana smoothies are especially popular!
Strawberries also go great with bananas and oranges in smoothies!
You may also use other fruits like kiwifruits to make kiwi banana orange smoothie!
So here is how you can make easy, creamy and delicious tropical & citrus flavored smoothie using bananas & mandarin oranges as the main ingredients.
Personalizing The Smoothie Recipe
A banana smoothie with yogurt is the perfect base if youre someone who loves a protein shake in the morning. Add the required amount of protein powder to this smoothie recipe, and it should work out pretty well. You may need to alter the amount of milk if it is too thick or too runny.
You can always add more fruits into this smoothie for more flavor. Its also a great way to add a bit of color to the drink. Personally, I love this drink without any changes.
Another option is to add something like flaxseeds or chia seeds for a bit more flavor and help increase the nutrition of the smoothie. If you want to add either one of these, I would recommend adding about two teaspoons of whichever you decide to use.
I have a few more suggestions on what you can do with this smoothie further down the page that I highly recommend that you check out.
Also Check: Smoothies For Depression And Anxiety
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Spoon the yogurt and milk into the blender container first, so that the blades will start rotating quickly rather than getting hung up on the hard, frozen fruit.
- tip 2 Strawberry-banana is one of the most popular fruit combos for smoothies, but if you find yourself with an overload of other ripe fresh fruit, get to work creating your own freezer pantry. To freeze fruits, sort, wash, and drain completely on a clean kitchen towel. Prep fruits as you would for serving by removing stems, coring, peeling, and slicing. Small whole fruits such as berries and cherries can be frozen individually, then placed in ridged covered containers or freezer bags. Freeze ripe bananas, in halves, so theyre ready and waiting too.
- tip 3 Almond, coconut, rice, flax, and hemp milk are all terrific lactose-free milk substitutions that make delicious smoothies.
- tip 4 Any flavor of yogurt can be spooned into the blenderthere are no rules.
Make It Plant Based / Vegan
You can make this banana smoothie plant-based or vegan by doing two swaps:
- Use vegan yogurt or another ½ banana. Use your favorite brand of plant-based yogurt or try another half banana to get just the right texture.
- Substitute non-dairy milk for the milk . We like using oat milk or almond milk. Another good option here would be coconut milk, since the flavor pairs well with banana.
Recommended Reading: Almond Mocha Smoothie King Recipe
Why Make This Banana Smoothie Recipe
Out of all banana smoothie recipes, why choose this one? Let us tell you why this one deserves to be part of your smoothie repertoire.
- Its made with unfrozen bananas. Its our pet peeve to open a smoothie recipe and find it calls for frozen bananas. That requires thinking ahead, and you want your smoothie now! This recipe removes the need for freezing those bananas.
- Frothy and creamy texture. Youve got to have just the right combo of ingredients to get a creamy texture thats not runny or gooey. This one nails it.
- Sweet and banana-forward, with no added sugar! If not formulated correctly, a banana smoothie needs added sugar to bring out the banana flavor. But this one has just the right amount of fruit to be sweet enough on its own.
How To Make Banana Shake
1. Add 2 ripe bananas. Here I have also added 20 to 24 cashews for a protein boost. You may skip them if you dont prefer or add 6 scoops of vanilla ice cream instead. Cashews give a more rich and creamy consistency to your banana shake. Also you can optionally soak them for 3 to 4 hours for health benefits.
2. You may skip this step if using ice cream. Add sugar or honey as per your taste. 2 tbsps is a good amount. I used 4 pitted dates instead of sugar. Just note that adding too many dates can alter the color of your shake. Also add ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or ¼ tsp cardamom powder.
3. I also add 1 tsp vanilla extract for extra flavor.
4. Pour 1½ cups chilled milk. If using ice cream you will need only half a cup of milk. I used this homemade almond milk here. You can also use coconut milk.
5. Blend everything to smooth shake. You may add more milk if you prefer to thin down or add more bananas to thicken.
Pour banana shake to serving glasses immediately and serve.
You May Like: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipe
Delicious Banana Yogurt Smoothie
If you love bananas, then this banana yogurt smoothie is the perfect drink for you. You only need a few ingredients, and its super easy to whip up in a blender quickly.
I love this smoothie as it blends to be nice and thick without needing any ice cream. The bananas add a ton of flavor, and the honey sweetens it slightly. Overall its a fruity drink thats hard to stop drinking.
A single batch of this recipe will make enough for roughly two people, but this depends on how thirsty you are. Alternatively, you can easily double or triple the recipe to cater for more people.
Freeze Your Bananas First
Making this smoothie with a frozen banana is key. The banana lends natural sweetness, and when frozen, does wonders for the texture.
Let your banana get good and ripemottled with black spots. Peel it, slice it and store in a resealable bag or covered container. Freeze overnight. When its smoothie time, add it to the blender. Bananas will keep well for several months in the freezer when properly sealed.
Thats just one pro tip for making the best smoothie possible! Here are a few more tips and tricks for making better smoothies.
Also Check: Peach Slice Plus Smoothie King Recipe
Banana Smoothie Q & A
Is a banana smoothie good for you? What smoothie you prepare for yourself depends completely on what your body needs! This smoothie is a great healthy breakfast or snack throughout the week. Bananas are packed with potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C.
This smoothie also has extra fiber and protein from the flax and greek yogurt. If your doctor recommends a low sugar diet for you, keep in mind that bananas have a lot of natural sugar and adjust your meal prep for the week accordingly.
How long can you keep a banana smoothie in the fridge? We recommend eating this smoothie immediately after preparing. If you are prepping this banana smoothie and storing it in the refrigerator, we recommend storing this smoothie in the refrigerator for no longer than two days.
Do you put ice in smoothies? We dont usually recommend using ice in smoothies because it tends to water down the flavor of the smoothie. We recommend using frozen fruit over ice. However, if you are using fresh fruit, feel free to add in a handful of ice to chill the smoothie.
What can replace a banana in a smoothie? Well, in this smoothie we recommend bananas. However, feel free to use a cup of your favorite fruit if you are out of bananas.
Dairy Free Vegan Substitutes To Make Smoothie
In this banana orange juice smoothie, I have used milk as well & also I have used honey to sweeten the smoothie.
To make the smoothie dairy free, you can replace milk with almond milk or coconut milk as you like!
To make the smoothie vegan, you can replace the milk with plant based alternatives like almond milk or coconut milk and also replace the honey with maple syrup, stevia etc or use any of your favorite sweeteners or you may even skip the sweetener if you do not want it very sweet.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Row Numbers
How To Freeze Fresh Fruit For Smoothies
For the coldest, creamiest smoothie possible, use quality frozen fruit. Store-bought frozen fruit is a convenient option and is especially handy when berry season is long gone. Keep bags tightly closed and consistently frozen to avoid icy, dull-tasting fruit.
Its also easy to freeze fresh ripe fruit, and its a great option when strawberries are dirt cheap at the supermarket or you bought a few too many bananas.
To freeze strawberries: Give them a good wash, drain, and let them completely dry. Cap the berries and slice them in half, placing on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Theyll keep for two months.
To freeze bananas: Simply peel and slice into chunks. Stick the baking sheet full of fruit in the freezer for at least an hour, or until the fruit is frozen solid. Scoop into a zip-top freezer bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Frozen bananas will keep for a month.
How To Make Bananas Ripen Faster:
Read Also: Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie
What Is A Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie bowls are smoothies that are taken to the next level! Its basically a big, thick, creamy smoothie in a bowl with lots of toppings that you eat with a spoon like ice cream! Basically its like an ice cream and a smoothie had a baby.
Smoothie bowls seem simple, but it can be difficult to achieve the perfect flavor and consistency. This is a complete guide on how to get your smoothies creamy and delicious every time!
1. Follow the perfect smoothie formula:
- 1 cup of frozen fruit
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup green vegetables
- 1 cup of milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup yogurt of your choice
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder
2. Mix the bowl of smoothie.
Smaller blenders like the Magic Ball are great, but I find they can be a bit tricky if you want to make a bigger bowl of smoothie. Here are some great options for smoothie bowl mixers
- Vitamix Blenders
3. Add toppings! What are the best smoothie bowl toppings?
- fresh berries
How to make a smoothie bowl without bananas?
- 1 1/2 cup frozen fruit
- 1/2 cup green vegetables
- 1 cup of milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup yogurt of your choice or avocado
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder
Which yogurt should you use for making smoothie bowls?
Personally, I love using coconut yogurt as a dairy free option! Culina Coconut Yogurt is definitely the best option. It is thick, creamy and contains the best ingredients.
If you can tolerate dairy products, Greek yogurt is another great option!
How can you add more nutrients to your smoothie bowls?
Ingredients To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This easy strawberry banana smoothie recipe calls for just 3 ingredients. How easy is that? Check em out:
- Ingredient 1: Strawberries
- Ingredient 2: Banana
- Ingredient 3: Milk of your choice
And if you like to get fancy, you can add in vegan vanilla protein powder, ice for extra frostiness, and anything else ya please.
Don’t Miss: 10 Day Detox Smoothie Diet
Heres What Youll Find In This Article:
- How to make Banana Smoothies
- Grown up Strawberry Banana Smoothies Recipe
- Blueberry Banana Smoothies Recipe
- Banana Smoothies Chocolate Lovers Recipe
- Banana Avocado Smoothies Recipe
- Peach and Banana Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
- After Workout Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
I recommend working with frozen bananas. They help cool the smoothie without having to add ice, plus theyre a great way to use up bananas that have started to brown.
Below you will find basic directions on how to make banana smoothies, then below that 10 recipes to work with.
How To Freeze Fruit For Smoothies
To make smoothies even easier, freeze fresh fruit into portions. You can even prepare smoothie packs and freeze them for a grab-and-blend smoothie option.
To freeze fruit for smoothies, rinse and chop fresh fruit into small pieces. Pat them dry then arrange, in one layer, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Slide the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze until hard .
When the fruit is hard, divide it between freezer-safe bags and keep it in the freezer for your next smoothie.
Read Also: Curl Smoothie Mielle
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Benefits
I often rely on Healthy Breakfast Smoothies to kick-start my day.
I bet youll also find it comforting knowing that youve made major progress with your requisite servings of fruits and veggies first thing in the A.M.
Or, if you are looking for a post-workout smoothie, this peanut butter banana version is one of my favorites.
Its a perfect option because banana smoothies like this recipe are good for you.
- Bananas are high in fiber, potassium, and vitamins B6 and C.
- Peanut butter has protein and healthy fats too .
Generally speaking, with the right ingredients a peanut butter smoothie can be good for weight loss. Smoothies with healthier foods like fruits, Greek yogurt, and peanut butter can be sufficiently filling with better nutrients than other breakfast options.
How To Make Banana Milkshake With Almonds
Years ago we stopped using store bought vegan milk and moved on to making our own at home. To make this banana shake, I do not blend and extract the milk from the nut pulp but instead add the nuts to the blender and make the milk. Then simply add the fruit and flavoring ingredients. Blend it to a smooth, rich and creamy shake.
1. If using regular milk, then boil, cool and chill in the fridge. According to ayurveda boiled milk is easier to digest.
2. I make almond milk instead of using regular milk. So I wash and soak the almonds for 4 to 6 hours. However you can skip and just add them directly to the blender.
3. Peel off the skin. If well soaked the peels just come off easily.
4. Give the nuts a good rinse.
5. Add them to the blender.
6. Add the sweetener. I added 2 dates. Do add as needed.
7. Pour chilled water or milk. You can also use coconut milk.
8. I added vanilla extract. Cinnamon powder goes well during winters and cardamom powder during summers.
9. Blend until the nuts are smoothly blended and you have frothy milk.
10. Add bananas. Break them to 2 to 3 parts.
11. Blend until smooth and frothy.
You May Like: Smoothies For Stress And Anxiety