A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
The other day I was flipping through one of my favorite cooking magazines and noticed a strawberry smoothie recipe. It immediately caught my attention because of the vast array of ingredients, 15 grocery items to be exact.
I stopped in wonder. Who in their right mind is going to go to the store and buy 15 items just to make smoothies?
Some smoothie-makers like to add protein powder, flax, or minerals to their smoothies to up the health benefits, but I wasnt fooled. My beloved magazine was putting on airs to dress up a simple strawberry smoothie.
Like wearing heels with your gym shorts, this just doesnt make sense.
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie Without Milk
If you havent tried frozen banana in a smoothie yet, youre in for a treat.If you want to make a delicious smoothie without adding sugar and milk to.If youd prefer to eat your breakfast out of a bowl, id recommend cutting back onsome of the milk to create a thicker consistency.Its also gluten free and can be made without refined sugar.
Next, add 1/2 cup of yogurt and 1 cup of ice, and blend until smooth.Peanut butter is loaded with healthy fat, vitamins, and minerals that can buff up the nutritional content of your smoothie.Place the strawberries into your blender, then add 1/2 cup of milk and about 5 ice cubes.Put your main fruit or other flavourings in the blender cup add frozen banana chunks to recreate the creaminess without yogurt or milk.
Replacing the strawberries with any of your other favorite frozen fruits, including raspberries, mango, pineapple, or sweet cherries.Simply add 1 tbsp of your favorite protein powder to the blender.Strawberries, yogurt, almond butter, honey, vanilla, and almond milk.The strawberry and banana smoothie is therefore a real classic.
This is about 1.25 cups of chopped strawberries.This smoothie is also adaptable and easy to adjust with different ingredients.This strawberry smoothie can be stored in the refrigerator for later (but.To make a strawberry smoothie, begin by pouring 1/2 cup of orange juice into a blender before adding 12 strawberries.
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie
So today I want to share a Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe that has nothing to prove. I believe this to be the best strawberry smoothie recipe because:
All you need is:
Simply throw them all into a good blender and whirr away!
Recommended Reading: High Fiber Low Sugar Smoothie
Variations On This Strawberry Smoothie:
- You can always make things more interesting by mixing up the fruit: throw in some raspberries, pineapple, mango really, anything goes!
- Add grains theyre a great source of fiber, protein, and varying vitamins and minerals. Add quick oats, ground flax, or wheat bran to give your smoothie a boost and give it more staying power.
- Swap the yogurt and milk for probiotic yogurt and kefir Im a big believer in the power of probiotics and this is an easy way to get them!
- Add a scoop of protein powder if thats your schtik.
- Add a scoop of peanut butter or a spoonful of cocoa powder for a dessert-like treat.
Pin this recipe to save for later
How Many Carbs In Strawberries
There is 1.4 g of carbs in one large strawberry. Carbohydrates are the dominant macronutrient in strawberries.
The carbs are quite high in carbs when you consider the fat and protein content of strawberries.
Thankfully strawberries are very strong flavored so just one or two accompanied with some high-fat ingredients works a treat.
Don’t Miss: Protein Packed Smoothies For Weight Loss
Ingredients For The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Simple and easy, these ingredients combine to make a refreshing drink ready for any occasion.
- Frozen strawberries: Using frozen strawberries thickens and cools the smoothie to be more like a milkshake.
- Greek Yogurt: Adds creaminess, and calcium. Use non-fat Greek Yogurt for less fat.
- Honey: Natural sweetener that has antioxidants in it as well.
- Apple Juice: Also adds a bit of sweetness, but minimal flavor.
Keto Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 large Strawberry
- 2 scoops of Vanilla Collagen Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Essence
- 1 teaspoon of Strawberry Essence, optional
- 2 teaspoons of Erythritol, or your preferred sweetener
Feel free to experiment with the ingredients and come up with your own version. If looking for extra fiber in your keto diet try adding psyllium husk to your strawberry smoothie.
Can I Use A Different Kind Of Milk
Smoothies are so versatile! You can make them using just about any milk or liquid base. My favorite option is to use Coconut Milk for Strawberry Smoothies, which adds a slight tropical taste and is a great dairy-free option if you have allergies or other health concerns.
Other liquid options include:
- Regular Milk: Creamy traditional smoothie base
- Nut Milks: Almond, Cashew, etc add a nice nutty flavor and are a great dairy-free option
- Fruit Juice: An extra punch of sweetness without needing to add sugar
- Water: If you are counting those calories!
Strawberry & Peach Smoothie
Since peach and strawberry season overlap, itd be rude not to combine the two into a summery glass of goodness. We prefer our smoothies without yogurt but you can add a little if you like. Our recipe includes a handful of leafy greens to instantly multiply its nutritional value.
- 1 peach
- 10 spinach leaves
Blend the leaves with peach until smooth, then add the strawberries. Since peaches are so juicy you shouldnt need any additional liquid, but judge it based on your own preferences and add a little water if you prefer.
You May Like: What To Put In A Protein Smoothie
Variations Of Homemade Strawberry Smoothie
This recipe is basic, which means it is very customizable. Get creative and make this strawberry your own.
- Juice: Instead of apple juice use orange juice, almond milk, milk, or even water.
- Bananas: Frozen bananas add even more creaminess, and can add the extra sweetness you want.
- Protein: Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder. They come in so many fun flavors, you can really get creative with them. I personally like good vanilla with my strawberry.
- Nut Butter: A spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter for texture and flavor. It will taste like a sandwich in a straw.
- Greens: Of course you can add kale or spinach to your smoothie for iron and nutrients. I do have to warn you the color will be a little unappealing, but still delicious.
- Chocolate: Add in a scoop of cocoa powder for a chocolate-covered strawberry smoothie.
Dont Miss: Mielle Pomegranate And Honey Curl Smoothie
Should I Put Yogurt In My Smoothie
A lot of smoothie shops and restaurants use ice cream to create that signature flavor and texture.
Kim and I drink a lot of smoothies and the idea of eating that much ice cream on a regular basis would do a number on our health.
So, we started using yogurts and frozen fruit to re-create the same texture without all the added sugar and fat.
In closing, if the choice comes down to yogurt or ice cream, then yes, you should put yogurt in your smoothies.
Don’t Miss: Mizon Apple Smoothie Peeling Gel
New: Strawberry Banana Smoothie
A little sweeter: My 3-ingredients, sugar-free Strawberry-Banana Smoothie.
: Besides my Healthy Strawberry Smoothie above, which only contains 2-ingredients, I also love, love, love this Strawberry Banana Smoohtie. This naturally sweet 3-ingredient strawberry banana smoothie is simply amazing. Its so tasty, fruity, creamy, and sweet that you wouldnt believe its sugar-free. I make this one when craving something sweet, like chocolate. Im sure youll have all the ingredients needed on hand.
As you may have noticed, this article contains an affiliate link.
Recommended Reading: Smoothies To Aid Weight Loss
Easy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt
This Easy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe with Yogurt is easy to make, and is just 94 calories!
Plus, we have added some protein add-ins should you want to make this a strawberry smoothie for breakfast or meal replacement.
This strawberry smoothie with yogurt recipe makes a great snack, dessert, or breakfast .
Plus, we have supplied you with low calorie tips to making the calories in strawberry smoothie, and all berry smoothies low calorie and healthy!
This Easy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe with Yogurt is easy to make, and is just 94 calories!
Recommended Reading: Best Protein Shake At Smoothie King
Nutrition Info You Can Trust
Our in-house associate nutritionist holds a Masters degree in Human Nutrition, a bachelors degree in Sports Science and English, and a Diploma in Personal Training. She has over 15 years of experience in the health and fitness industry, working with leading health clubs, equipment companies, and one-to-one clients.
How To Freeze Bananas Quickly
Buy a big bunch of bananas and let them turn nicely ripe. Aim for nicely yellow bananas, perhaps with a few spotsnot full-blown spotty brown like you would for banana bread.
Peel and slice the bananas into 1/2-inch segments. Flash-freeze them by placing the slices in a single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheets that will fit in your freezer). This is also a great way to freeze your bananas in a hurry.
Once fully frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag and they will keep in the freezer for several months.
You May Like: How To Prepare Beets For Smoothies
How To Make It Plant Based / Vegan
You can make this strawberry smoothie plant-based or vegan by doing the following:
- Make our strawberry banana smoothie. Try our Strawberry Banana Smoothie: its vegan and uses only 2 ingredients!
- Substitute non-dairy milk AND vegan yogurt or ½ banana for the yogurt. We like using oat milk or almond milk. Oat milk is usually a little sweeter and creamier so we tend to like that a little more. You could also try coconut milk, which adds a nice coconut essence, or soy milk. Then for the yogurt, use vegan yogurt or another ½ banana.
How To Make A Healthy Strawberry Smoothie:
We try to use super ripe berries. They tend to be sweeter meaning I can use less honey or sweetener. You can even substitute the yogurt for sherbet if you want to really make this smoothie into a dessert. If you go that route, I suggest ditching the honey all together.
Read Also: Best Superfood Smoothie For Weight Loss
Kid Favorite: Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
This strawberry smoothie recipe is a healthy option for the entire family! Made with fresh berries, yogurt, and almond milk for a healthy sweet treat.
Yall My kid is the only one on the planet that does NOT like smoothies.
We have tried so many varieties and he has shot every single one down. Until we got to this one.
Fresh strawberries, ripened to sweet perfection, are paired with a handful of ingredients for the perfect ice cream substitute.
Check out this list of over 100 Breakfast ideas!
This recipe has saved me during the summer. It is the perfect substitute for frozen sugar filled desserts.
Thats right ladies and gents My child will pick this smoothie over ice cream.
We make it slightly thicker to give it the classic ice cream texture and he dives in with a spoon.
I feel better giving in to his need for a sweet treat and he gives me brownie points.
How To Make Strawberries Smoothies
These strawberry smoothies are easy to make. Theyre surprisingly filling, since they offer a good amount of protein and fiber. Whip them up for breakfast, or any time youre in the mood for ice creamtheyre that good.
Frozen strawberries offer characteristic berry flavor, antioxidants and a fun pink color. One 10-ounce bag or about 2 cups will be just right. If possible, buy organic strawberries as conventional berries are notoriously high in pesticide exposure.
Frozen bananas make this smoothie lusciously creamy and naturally sweet.
Almond butter offers extra creaminess, plus protein, fiber and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
Vanilla almond milk makes this smoothie as creamy as possible . Buy unsweetened to avoid refined sugar. My favorite brands are Malk, Three Trees and Foragers. Or use water, for a slightly less luxurious texture.
For a sweeter smoothie, add maple syrup, to taste. The bananas are typically sweet enough for me, but a little drizzle of maple syrup makes this smoothie taste like a milkshake.
For extra sticking power, you can add up to 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats and/or up to 2 tablespoons flax seed . Flax makes leftover smoothies almost pudding-like in texture, and I like that!
Recommended Reading: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Sunrise Sunset Smoothie
Why We Love This Recipe
This smoothie is also adaptable and easy to adjust with different ingredients. You can replace the strawberries with another frozen berry , throw in a handful of spinach, add a banana, or use orange juice instead of milk. The smoothie of possibilities!
You all know how I love smoothies. And Im usually throwing all sorts of weird things into smoothies in the name of health, like beets or spinach or cauliflower. But sometimes the simplest flavors are also great, so today were whipping up a simple Strawberry Smoothie recipe!
RELATED: you might also like this recipe Strawberry Shortcake
More Vitamin C Than An Orange
Vitamin C is well-known for keeping the immune system functioning at its best. But did you know that it also helps strengthen the eyes and protect them from the suns damaging rays? Plus, its an antioxidant which means it can help to reduce the risk of cancer by protecting cells from damage and mutation.
Tasty tip Pairing strawberries with blueberries in a smoothie will get you an even better vitamin C hit. The anti-oxidants in blueberries also enhance the effects of vitamin C, so you get even more immune boosting benefits.
Recommended Reading: Fruit Smoothie Recipes Without Yogurt
They May Stop Snack Attacks
Scientists have recently found that strawberries may reduce blood sugar spikes. These high-low sugar spikes cause cravings and affect mood, so by adding more strawberries to your diet you can avoid these feelings, reducing the temptation to snack on naughty bits.
Its suspected that the high levels of antioxidant polyphenols are responsible, which also help out the body in other ways. However, these studies were done in a test tube so more research is needed to prove that the same effect would happen in people.
Dont Miss: The Smoothie Spot Williamstown Ma
How Can You Make A Fruit Smoothie More Filling
This is a pretty common question I get. How can you make your smoothie more filling?
If you are using this as a meal replacement it can be tricky. We find it best used as a snack or lunch.
The yogurt adds protein to your drink but if you are looking for a way to get an extra boost I suggest chia seeds.
We add a scoop right into the blender before we mix the ingredients. My son doesnt even realize they are in there and it does not alter the flavor in the slightest.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
Also Check: Is There A Keto Smoothie
More About This Recipe
- With just three ingredients and a quick spin in the blender, you can have a fruit-packed smoothie in just 10 minutes. The thick texture and tang of Yoplait® Original yogurt is a perfect complement to the sweet, fruit, and making it at home gives you a jump start to a streamlined, better-for-you day. Now that youve mastered this easy strawberry smoothie recipe, you can make smoothies a regular part of your routine. Weve also got some handy tips for making smoothies even easier with make-ahead versions. For new ideas and inspiration, check out the rest of Bettys best smoothie recipes.
- Yoplait is a registered trademark of YOPLAIT MARQUES used under license.
How To Make A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 56 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.The wikiHow Culinary Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 751,286 times.
Strawberry smoothies are healthy, delicious, and refreshing and best of all, theyre easy to make! With just 4 ingredients and a blender, youll have a nice cold treat thats sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Also Check: Mixed Berry Smoothie Mcdonald’s
Why You Should Make This Strawberry Smoothie
Ive made a version of this easy smoothie recipe more times than I can count. Its perfect on its own and is the best base recipe for adding more ingredients.
Here are a few more reasons we love it:
- You need less than 5 minutes to make it.
- You can use fresh or frozen fruit. In fact, frozen strawberries make the smoothie extra creamy.
- Its easy to adapt to what you have in the kitchen.
- This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Kids love it!
- You can make the smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and save for later. Details below.
Shopping List For Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe:
- Vanilla Protein Powder
Special Tip: You can find all the measurements in the recipe card below. There you can choose how many servings of these strawberry smoothie recipes with yogurt you want to make, and it will do all the measurement math for you! All of the ingredients for this frozen strawberry smoothie with yogurt can be doubled or tripled with the click of a button.
Up next, how to make a strawberry smoothie recipe easy
Also Check: How To Make A Smoothie With Slim Fast