High Calorie Offending Smoothie Ingredients Include:
- Nut butter. I love to add nut butters to my smoothies, but measuring it and limiting it is essential to keeping calories down.
- Too much fruit. While the whole point is to get your fruit servings for the day, too much fruit is unnecessary. Keep fruit to 1 cup or less in your smoothie.
- Fruit juices. Every smoothie needs a liquid, but be careful what you add. Juice can add 120 calories or more to your smoothie as opposed to water.
- Milk and creams. Adding skim milk is a great choice, but whole milk or cream could double your calories.
- Sugar, honey, or high calorie sweeteners. Theres a reason smoothies from a smoothie restaurant are so high in calories, and its SUGAR! Yes. I agree. They taste amazing. But, the trade off might not be worth it.
- High fat yogurts. Including a cream yogurt makes a delicious fruit smoothie, but choose nonfat yogurt and save half the calories. Choose nonfat Greek yogurt and boost the protein in your shake.
- Coconut, avocado, or seeds like chia seeds. There are whole food, healthy, high fat ingredients like avocados, seeds, or coconut. These are delicious and healthy for you. But they are also high in calories. Simply weigh and measure before you dump these high calorie whole food into a smoothie. Chances are, you will be adding ingredients that you cant even taste. Is it worth it to over do it? Probably not.
The 19 Best Almond Milk Smoothies For Weight Loss
If you are trying to lose weight but find yourself craving sugary treats why not try incorporating some of these almond milk smoothie recipes into your diet plan?
Each smoothie contains, at least, one portion of your five a day and is so delicious that it is guaranteed to keep you from falling off the wagon.
Made from nuts, almond milk is a creamy dairy-free alternative to regular cows milk.
It contains a multitude of vitamins and antioxidants, not to mention the incredibly high protein and fiber content that can help contribute towards a healthy body.
It is extremely low in calories with virtually no fat, making it the perfect ingredient in smoothies for those individuals watching their waistlines.
Try a smoothie with almond milk for a delicious treat perfect at any time of the day.
Whether you need breakfast on the go, an afternoon pick me up or a satisfying dessert we have a smoothie recipe with almond milk for every occasion.
If youre one of those people that always finds themselves on-the-go and has no time to prepare these recipes, These pre packaged almond milk smoothies are a great alternative.
How To Make A Fruit Smoothie
This frozen fruit smoothie recipe is versatile, and easy. As you saw above, you can use any type of frozen fruit you desire.
In this section, youll learn how to make a smoothie, as well as tips on making fruit smoothie recipes low in calories.
Its very easy to make homemade fruit smoothies, we have some tips below to make them even easier
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Benefits
Coconut Almond Spinach Smoothie
Green smoothies are always fun. People often look at you a little funny when you have one in your hands.
But once they give it a try, its hard to believe they even doubted you! Green smoothies are often packed with fresh, bright flavors.
In this case, the green smoothie is going to be creamy and a bit nutty in flavor. The almond milk develops the nutty base for the smoothie.
But ultimately, its the fiber-packed pumpkin seeds that will finish out the exceptional flavor and help you feel satisfied.
- Sugar: 37g
Ways To Add More Vegetables To Your Smoothies
Now that weve established to minimize certain fruits in smoothies, its time to bring in the power of greens! Yes, you can load your smoothie with tons of nutrients without ruining the taste.
Tip on adding vegetables: two vegetables that are a great substitute for adding heft to your smoothie are blanched and frozen zucchini and frozen cauliflower. Blend these into your mix and you have the perfect replacement for your typical banana.
Now, here are a few vegetables options to add:
- Avocado has the highest protein of any fruit and adds an unmatched creaminess to any smoothie.
- Cucumber provides a light and fresh taste while providing a lot of water to stay hydrated.
- Carrots are great for boosting your immune system and add a natural sweetness and color to your smoothie.
- Leafy Greens are a great source of fiber, protein and antioxidants.
- Beets can be used to sweeten an all veggie smoothie and boost energy levels.
- Zucchini is high in fiber and water content to keep you full and is virtually tasteless in a smoothie.
- Cauliflower is filled with Vitamin C, potassium, and fiber and adds non-sugar creaminess.
Also Check: Bahama Mama Smoothie King
Dietary And Flavor Variations
- Add protein! Make it a low calorie protein smoothie by adding 1/4 cup of your favorite protein powder and/or half a cup of non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Make it a smoothie bowl. For a low calorie smoothie bowl, add 1 cup of ice to any of the smoothies. You will need to add a sweetener to them to compensate.
- Add sweeteners. For sweeter smoothies without adding calories, you can add some sugar free maple syrup, sugar free honey, sugar free simple syrup or even a brown sugar substitute.
- Add some healthy fats. This gives the smoothies more satiety, protein and fiber. For an extra 100 calories, add a tablespoon of peanut butter, almond butter, or a nut free alternative.
Carrot And Orange Smoothie
Never had a Carrot and orange smoothie? Well, youve got to try this!
It sounds kind of weird but its actually quite delicious and refreshing. The oranges and carrots make this smoothie you guessed it orange.
They also add lots of sweetness and bulk. In fact, youre getting almost 6 grams of fiber.
So, its good for your gut. The ginger adds a pleasant spiciness to wake you up in the morning.
And the oats make this smoothie nice and thick.
And youre getting all this yummy goodness for just 150 calories.
Ingredients for a glass of smoothie
1 medium carrot
1 tsp fresh ginger
1 tbsp oats
- Sugar: 22g
Don’t Miss: Low Carb High Protein Smoothie King
Tips To Making A Low Calorie Frozen Fruit Smoothie:
My second cookbook, Lose Weight by Eating Detox Week is packed full of low calorie smoothies. In testing for this book, I learn lots of tips and tricks to help keep smoothies low in calories.
This best selling cookbook, is popular because the smoothies are so flavorful, and filling. And this easy frozen fruit smoothie recipe is no different Ive used all my tips and tricks, to make the best low calorie simple smoothie in this yummy recipe.
What Do You Put In A Breakfast Smoothie
- Healthy Fats. Your favorite nut butter, coconut milk, or chia seeds. This makes the smoothie more satisfying and keeps you full between meals. Keep portions in mind I usually add about 1 tablespoon.
- Protein and Fiber Additions. Greek yogurt or your favorite protein powder are easy ways to make breakfast protein smoothies. A tablespoon of oatmeal adds fiber.
- Fruit. Breakfast fruit smoothies are always a crowd-pleasing choice. Strawberries and blueberries are my go-tos. Bananas make smoothies naturally sweet. Mango and pineapple can hide the taste of greens. Unexpected fruits like apples or watermelon can be scrumptious too.
- Vegetables. Spinach, kale, avocado, carrots, and even beets can all be added to smoothies.
- Flavor Additions. Vanilla, cinnamon, honey, maple syrup, and dates are all excellent ways to give your smoothie more flavor.
- Liquid. Unsweetened almond milk is my favorite for smoothies. You can also use juice , a different kind of milk, coconut water, or even plain water.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Box Office
Smoothie Detox The 10 Day Smoothie Cleanse
Update: The below program appears to no longer be available or unavailable at this time. For a different recommended plan, check out the Green Smoothie Seven Day Detox Plan. I am updating the links on this page to that plan. When the ten Day plan becomes available again, I will switch things back. Again, I
Low Sugar Chocolate Mocha Smoothie
This Low Sugar Chocolate Mocha Smoothie is perfect for those who are limiting the amount of sugar in their diet. This smoothie has less than 5 grams of sugar and instead uses stevia, a natural sweetener that comes from a plant native to South America. Raspberries are also added for a sweet flavor however, raspberries
You May Like: Tropical Smoothie Bradlee Shopping Center
Orange Coconut Protein Smoothie
This orange coconut smoothie is another great alternative to the traditional fruit smoothie. Its slightly sweet and tart with a nutty flavor as well.
Use fresh-squeezed orange juice, if you can. It will have the best flavor.
Plus, if youre squeezing fresh juice, your orange will be handy for the orange zest. That extra ingredient will really boost the flavor and tartness of the smoothie.
Keep in mind that this smoothie really packs in the calories. In fact, it has 770 calories per serving!
Therefore, it would be a great smoothie to have at the beginning of the day to boost your energy.
- Sugar: 53g
Healthy Breakfast Smoothies For Weight Loss: Off To A Good Start
If youre losing weight and looking for a satisfying and tasty way to start the day, consider a low calorie smoothie!
This avocado and spinach smoothie is a good place to start since it comes in at just 292 calories but contains a whopping 14g of protein, meaning that itll keep you feeling full until lunch.
While all of the low calorie smoothies for weight loss on this list work well for breakfast, there are certain classic flavour combinations that are more palatable when youve just woken up: this blueberry and banana low calorie smoothie has got those classic breakfast flavours without the hassle of having to actually cook the oatmeal or pancakes!
Alternatively, if youre feeling sluggish, put a spring in your step with this zesty, zingy mango spinach smoothie with ginger!
In short, there are few breakfast foods that are as easy, filling and tasty than these low calorie smoothies for weight loss!
Also Check: Curl Milk Vs Curl Smoothie
Our 6 Best Healthy Smoothies
Searching for a healthy smoothie recipe? Check out these delicious recipes that are quick and easy to make for breakfast, as a snack or even dessert.
Smoothies are a go-to for many of us looking for something quick and healthy. Whether you’re in need of a grab-and-go breakfast or a fuss-free snack, smoothies are a great option that can satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
With that said, not all smoothies are created equally. Loading up on high-sugar fruit and juices or adding lots of sweeteners can result in a less than healthy offering. Instead, try to balance the different elements in your smoothie when aiming for something that will keep you fuller for longer. Mixing both fruits and vegetables can result in a higher fibre content, while still maintaining a sweet taste. Additionally, including items like nuts, milk and yogurt can boost the protein and healthy fat content, helping you to feel fuller throughout the day.
Tips For Making The Best High Protein Fruit Smoothies
So, the best thing about smoothies is that they are packed with nutrition and easy to make. They are delicious, full of fiber, and a great way to boost weight loss. To make the best high protein fruit smoothies ever, keep these tips in mind:
- Use unsweetened almond milk as your liquid because it is low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals, and also gives a good consistency
- Loading your blender in this order typically works best liquid, not frozen veggies or fruits, greens if you are adding any, then the frozen fruits and veggies, and finally, the protein powder
- If you find your smoothie to be too sweet, add lemon juice
- If the taste is too bitter, add pineapple, orange, or banana
- Natural sweeteners like honey and pure maple syrup work great in smoothies
- Avocado can add creaminess to a smoothie, not to mention a load of nutrition
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the shake
Recommended Reading: Protein Shake Smoothie King
Frozen Fruit Smoothie Ingredients
These easy fruit smoothie recipes can be made a number of different ways, and we will go over the simple smoothie recipes so that you can try new fruit shakes every day.
In this section, youll find several easy smoothie recipes, and a shopping list with all of the ingredients for a smoothie recipe.
I recommend taking a screenshot of the shopping list on your phone, this way you have it handy the next time you go to the grocery store.
Consuming Sugar In Moderation
I think were all aware that excessive sugar isnt the best for your body, but as long as you consume it in moderation, youll be just fine. Ill admit, I love fruit and include quite a bit of it into my weekly meals, but the key is understanding which fruits have higher or lower sugar content. Here is a quick breakdown:
Which Fruits Have High Sugar?
Read Also: Smoothie King Green Tea Tango Recipe
Are Smoothies A Good Way To Lose Weight
Simple smoothies can be a way to lose weight, if you incorporate them into your diet correctly.
One common mistake that causes some people to not successfully lose weight is to not pay attention to portions or what ingredients they are putting in their smoothies.
And because smoothies are drinks that are easy to down rather than meals you sit down and chew, its not hard to overlook the amount of food thats in your blended beverage.
If you do plan to lose weight with smoothies, as with any food or diet, you need to take in fewer calories than you are currently eating to shed those pounds. This is done by combining ingredients that are low-calorie, nutrient-dense, and leave you feeling fuller.
Homemade weight loss smoothies are the best way to control the quality of the ingredients that go into your blended beverage. And remember, never put your health at risk or leave you feeling starved.
As always, check with your health practitioner to make sure that you are embarking on a diet that is suitable for your situation.
Pear And Avocado Smoothie
Are you a big fan of green smoothies? This smoothie screams green.
Youre getting the green from the pear, mint, spinach, and avocado. Now, thats a ton of green.
Not only is this smoothie refreshing and tasty, but its also great for you too.
Pears are packed with Vitamin C and potassium. And they may even help you lose weight.
Meanwhile, avocados are full of fiber and heart-healthy fats. And they contain even more potassium than bananas.
Spinach is a heavy hitter too. It provides Vitamin K, calcium, and iron.
And youre getting all this nutrition for just 172 calories. Nice!
Ingredients for a glass of smoothie
¾ cup coconut water
A few fresh mint leaves
- Sugar: 55g
Read Also: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipes
Coconut & Mulberry Smoothie
Healthy fruit and vegetable smoothie recipes for weight loss Coconut Mulberry
This smoothie, which is more preferred in the summer, helps you burn fat quickly.
- A Cup of Coconut Water
Mix all the ingredients with the help of a food processor. The strongest ingredient of this mixture is of course coconut. This nutritional food, rich in carbohydrates with its effective and unsaturated fats, is a preferred fiber source as it helps with everything from abdominal fat-dissolving to skin health with its nutritious properties. The most striking benefit of mulberry in this mixture, which combines two fruits that are frequently used in alternative medicine, is to balance the blood level.
Blood Orange Strawberry Smoothie
The sweet-tart taste of the blood orange juice is a fantastic base for a variety of drinks. One of the best ways to enjoy that taste is in the blood orange strawberry smoothie.
This recipe is a great choice for a spring brunch and you’ll love how the two fruits play off each other. The blend is rounded off with smooth yogurt, sweet honey, and a few ice cubes, so it’s as easy as any other smoothie.
Recommended Reading: Berry Punch Smoothie King Recipe
Awesome Smoothies For Weight Loss
Dieting? Here are ten of our popular Nutribullet smoothies for weight loss. Each of these is low calorie, but packed with nutrition. Also, if you are looking for a smoothie detox or cleansing diet, look at at our information on the 10 Day Smoothie Cleanse. If you really want to kick start weight loss, see our
How To Make Ahead + Store Smoothies
- No time in the morning to whip up a smoothie? NO PROBLEM. You can make most smoothies the night before and store them in the refrigerator.
- To Store. Store blended smoothies in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Place the smoothie in an airtight jar the less air touching the smoothie, the better. Stir before serving.
- To Make Ahead. Prepare the smoothie as directed, then pour into an airtight freezer-safe mason jar and freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
You May Like: Smoothie For Depression