How To Make Easy Banana Peanut Smoothie
The combination of banana and groundnuts is famous for being a jam that your tongue dances to what not make a smoothie version? Enjoy this nutritious peanut butter banana smoothie to start your day. It only takes a few minutes to mix together and uses standard kitchen supplies making it the perfect breakfast for busy mornings or a snack when youre on the run. And with 15 grammes of protein in each serving, this creamy smoothie will keep you full until lunch.
Ingredients1 cup of low-fat or fat-free milkBanana slices, half a cup, frozenPeanut butter, 1 tablespoon1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, groundVanilla extract, half a teaspoonenticing cocoa powder
MethodBlend each ingredient separately in a blender until completely smooth and creamy. Enjoy your peanut butter banana milkshake after pouring it into a tall glass and, if you like, add a dash of chocolate powder as a garnish.
Recline cross your legs and enjoy what nature has to offer.
Strawberry Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
Last week, I shared my first smoothie recipe Banana Mocha Smoothie. Since that one uses chocolate protein powder, I thought I would share a smoothie with vanilla protein.
To start, this easy smoothie is so delicious! Why have a plain protein shake with water when you could make this instead? Plus, I bet you already have all of these ingredients in your kitchen!
I used peanut butter powder in this recipe, but you can use regular peanut butter as well. Personally, I feel like the PB flavor really comes through when I use peanut butter powder opposed to regular peanut butter. I noticed I have to add a lot of regular peanut butter to the smoothie in order for it to taste peanut buttery.
Pro Tip: You could also add a drizzle of peanut butter on top of the smoothie as well as some granola and eat this smoothie with a spoon. I LOVE doing this!
Also Check: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie Shampoo
Calories Protein And Nutrition Facts
This chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie has 250 calories, 36 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fiber, 17 grams of protein and 6 grams of fat. It also provides 20% of the daily value for calcium, 6% of the daily value for vitamin D and 10% of the daily value for potassium. I share more nutrition information like cholesterol, sodium and sugars in the nutrition card below.
This smoothie takes just a few minutes to make and you can drink it as youre running around getting yourself and everyone ready in the morning. Or, put it in a cup and take it with you. It also makes a great post-exercise recovery meal or a sweet snack in the evening.
Read Also: Cantaloupe Smoothie For Weight Loss
Expert Tips From A Dietitian
This is a level 3 recipe . Fruits and low-fat dairy milk are low calorie foods Id generally recommend for weight loss. This strawberry banana smoothie for weight gain has peanut butter added for higher calories and fat.
Keep in mind that this smoothie recipe is intended for a snack, not a complete meal. You can substitute the peanut butter for other nut and seed butters . The calories per serving will not change much with this modification.
To make this smoothie even higher in calories, you can use whole milk. To make a lower-calorie smoothie, substitute skim milk for the 2%. Unsweetened soy milk is another way to cut calories .
You could also experiment with using PB2 in place of the peanut butter. Peanut flour provides yummy peanut flavor to recipes for far fewer calories than peanut butter.
You may need to adjust the amount of peanut flour used in the recipe, however. It doesnt tend to work as a 1:1 substitution for peanut butter.
Were using whole fruits here, not fruit juice, to make the smoothie thick and add fiber. Though high fat foods and highly processed carbs can help promote quick weight gain, its still important to maintain a balanced diet. This means including sources of fiber and protein, like youre getting in this healthy smoothie.
Variations Of This Vegan Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Even though peanut butter is in the title, you can easily make a peanut-allergy friendly variation of this smoothie by using a different nut butter. Almond butter works great.
- Bananas add plenty of sweetness to this smoothie, but if you want to make it even sweeter, feel free to add a teaspoon of honey or agave syrup.
- Use any kind of milk you want. Soy, coconut, plain all work great.
- Optional toppings include: nut butter, sliced bananas, chopped nuts and a drizzle of honey
Don’t Miss: Tums Smoothies Extra Strength 750 Peppermint
A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie For A Healthy Breakfast
I know some people swear by cold cereal for breakfast. But whenever I eat a bowl of cereal, I always seem to be hungry again less than an hour later.
Does this happen to you as well?
However, I do like the convenience of cold cereal. Sure, it would be nice to eat homemade pancakes or waffles or this Healthy Banana Bread every single day for breakfast, but who has time for that?
Especially on Mondays, I want something that doesnt take all morning to prepare, can be made with just a few ingredients, and will hold me over until lunch.
Enter this easy banana smoothie recipe.
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients
Variations For A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Not only is a smoothie a fantastic vehicle for nutritious food during the day, but is also very adaptable to your liking. Here are easy variations for this recipe:
- Chocolate. Thinking of having a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie to stave off the temptation of a less healthy dessert? Add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder or a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and this very well may replace your favorite milkshake.
- Protein Powder. This peanut butter banana smoothie has protein because of the peanut butter and Greek yogurt. But if you need an extra boost in your banana smoothie after a workout, add a ½ to 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder .
- Bowl Style. For a new twist, try a peanut butter banana smoothie bowl. Add extra banana or ice to thicken it further, then serve it in a bowl with toppings, such as granola, banana slices, or blueberries, and a drizzle of additional peanut butter.
You May Like: Smoothie King Arena New Orleans Louisiana
Peach And Peanut Butter Smoothie
Speaking of unusual peanut butter associations, have you ever tried peanut butter with peaches? If not, youve been missing out. The peanut butter fruit smoothie comes alive with both bananas and peaches. This recipewill have you changing your entire perspective on peanut butter and peaches, not to mention peanut butter fruit smoothies in general.
How Does It Taste
I know that the combination of strawberries and peanut butter may sound weird, but its a must-try in a smoothie!
If you love peanut butter jelly sandwiches, you want to try this strawberry peanut butter smoothie! It has a sweet strawberry flavor with a creamy thick texture from banana and just a touch of peanut butter flavor to balance!
Its not overly sweet and absolutely delicious and fulfilling as a post-workout snack or vegan breakfast.
Also Check: What Age Can You Work At Tropical Smoothie
Making Delicious Peanut Butter Protein Shakes
It really comes down to the ingredients you use. My number one tip? Use a delicious chocolate protein powder.
- Goodchocolate proteinpowder: Ive tried my fair share of protein powders and I recommend a whey, stevia-sweetened protein powder for this shake. The protein powder can make or break the shake leaving you with a great taste or a strange, powdery aftertaste. Heres a list of the top-rated protein powders. My personal favorite: Optimum Nutrition® Gold Standard 100% whey protein powder .
- Banana: We want the banana flavor to be mild and in the background, adding nutrition and a creamy texture. Make sure to freeze a fully ripe banana before adding it to this shake. Dont use more than 1/2 cup or it will contain too much banana flavor.
- Peanut butter: I recommend real peanut butter, but powdered peanut butter works. Read above for how to substitute powdered peanut butter for real.
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk: Any milk works, but almond milk is the type I recommend. I particularly like the vanilla flavor.
- Ice: Ice gives us a thick milkshake consistency without all the calories! I use eight regular ice cubes or about 1 cup of ice.
- Cocoapowder: The cocoa balances the protein and really amps up the chocolate flavor. I recommend a Dutch-process cocoa powder. Special Dark® cocoa powder is great in this shake.
Why This Recipe Works
- This recipe is great for breakfast, as a meal replacement or post workout recovery!
- This peanut butter smoothie can easily be whipped up in your blender. Made in just 5 minutes for a delicious and wholesome meal.
- Full of nutrition. This smoothie is packed with healthy ingredients that will fuel your body, is low in sugar and wont leave you crashing afterward!
- Taste like dessert and is low in carbs! This peanut butter smoothie tastes just like a peanut butter cookie but is much healthier and nutritious! This smoothie is made with peanut flour in place of peanut butter! Will satisfy your sweet craving and leave you feeling satisfied.
- This smoothie is perfect for those with special dietary restrictions. It can easily be made nut-free, is gluten free, dairy free and low carb .
- Perfect for meal prep. This smoothie can easily be prepared and pre-measured ahead of time for those who are busy and on the go!
You May Like: Healthiest Smoothie From Smoothie King
Read Also: What Smoothies To Make To Lose Weight
Health Benefits Of Bananas
Bananas are one of the most popular snack fruits in the world, and for good reason. Theyre not only extremely portable and convenient to eat without getting messy , but good for you too.
One medium sized banana has a fair amount of dietary fibre, is high in vitamin B6, manganese, copper and magnesium. You can read more about the health benefits of bananas here.
Ingredients To Make Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Tips to Rip Bananas for Banana Bread
Bananas are sweetest and ripest when they are spotted with black or brown spots. They are very soft and easy to smash.
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Also Check: What Smoothies Make You Lose Weight Fast
What Can I Put In A Smoothie To Thicken It
In order to thicken your smoothie, you have a few options. Always try using frozen fruits like frozen bananas and berries. This automatcally makes your smoothie thick. Dont have frozen fruits, use some ice but keep in mind when the ice starts melting and makes the smoothi a bit watery. Using frozen fruits is ideal which is what I did for my peanut butter smoothie bowl recipe. Making a green smoothie? Try adding avocados to make it thicker. You can also add things like flaxseed, whey protein, silken tofu, yogurt, and oatmeal.
Banana Smoothie With Peanut Butter Chia Seeds And Cinnamon
If there are two flavours that go well together I would say peanut butter and bananas take the first price. I used to snack on this combo all the time, Id grab a banana, my big jar of PB and with the help of a spoon Id soothe my cravings. Now I put a bit more effort, I got a bit creative, added more ingredients and made this Banana Smoothie with Peanut Butter, Chia Seeds and Cinnamon.
Aside from this two ingredients being such a delight when mixed together this smoothie is also a serious power bomb, meaning you can easily have it as breakfast, it will keep you energised and away from the cookie jar all morning. Or you can make it as a post workout snack, its loaded with 18g of protein and many other nutrients that will help your body recover and get those muscles on the gain train.
This smoothie has made it to the top of the list for many reasons. First of all, as you might know by now I really like simplicity and I like coming up with recipes that make sticking with a vegan diet as easy and as practical as possible. This smoothie recipe is as simple as it gets, you need 5 ingredients, they all go in a the blender for a quick spin and in less than 5 minutes youll have breakfast ready.
Even though we are aiming for simplicity, nutrition cannot be left out of this party so let go through some of the good stuff thats in this smoothie:
One last pro tip, you can leave those bananas in the freezer over night for a delicious, fresh and nutritious smoothie the next morning!
Read Also: How To Do A Smoothie Diet
Is A Chocolate Banana Protein Shake Good For Weight Loss
I think chocolate banana protein shakes are good for weight loss. Why? Because you are filling up with nutrients after exercise instead of reaching for that processed, empty of nutrition, calorie-laden protein bar.
BTW, looking for a healthy protein bar? See what makes a healthy protein bar and see my top 7 here.
Enjoying a shake made with power-packed protein powder can help you lose weight:
- The keeps you away from junk food
- Protein helps you lose weight slowly , maintaining lean muscle mass
- Protein helps beat belly fat
Can You Make This Recipe Ahead And Freeze It
You can pre-make this recipe and freeze it into individual ice cubes that can later be re-blended with more milk to make a smoothie on the go.
You can also pre-measure ingredients and store them in a freezer bag. This option is perfect for busy mornings. Just add frozen ingredients and dairy free milk to your blender and blend for 1 minute.
Also Check: Healthy Berry Smoothie For Weight Loss
Is It Bad To Put Peanut Butter In Your Protein Shake
Its definitely okay and smart to put peanut butter in your protein shake. Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient! Peanut butter has all 3 of the macronutrients we need daily, those being fat, protein, and carbs.
So yes, go ahead and add peanut butter to your shake as I did in this recipe. It tastes great, too!
Shopping List For Healthy Peanut Butter Smoothies:
Special Tip: You can find all the measurements in the recipe card below. There you can choose how many servings of this healthy banana peanut butter smoothie you want to make, and it will do all the measurement math for you! All of the ingredients for these low calorie peanut butter banana smoothie recipes can be doubled or tripled with the click of a button.
Up next, how to make a peanut butter smoothie healthy and protein packed
Don’t Miss: How Much Is A Tropical Smoothie Franchise
Peanut Butter Protein Shake
Flavor-packed, thick and creamy Peanut Butter ProteinShake is made with peanut butter, chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, a frozen banana, and milk. This protein shake is good enough to pass for a healthy peanut butter cup milkshake.
How To Make Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
Here are the steps for making strawberry banana smoothies for weight gain:
Read Also: Breakfast Smoothies To Lose Weight Fast
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This sinfully looking peanut butter banana smoothie is vegan, dairy free, gluten free and naturally sweet. Have it for breakfast, or top it with fresh fruits and your favourite nut butter and enjoy it as a healthy treat.
Some matches were made in heaven: strawberries and chocolate, apples and cinnamon, peanut butter and bananas, Sally and Harry, Rachel and Ross, Rose and Jack, Sandy and Danny, Ilsa and Rick. Okay, okay, lets rewind a bit – peanut butter and bananas.
When you pair bananas with peanut butter, theres really not much else that needs to be added to get a flavour combo that will ride together into the sunset and live happily ever after. Which is why this smoothie calls for only a handful of ingredients that enhance rather than mask the rich flavour of bananas and peanuts.