Different Oat Milk Smoothie Recipe Flavors
While this smoothie above is great on its own, there are all kinds of variations you can try to find your favorite. Here are a few of them, along with suggested quantities:
- 1 to 2 cups of baby spinach for a green smoothie
- Chocolate oat milk instead of regular oat milk for a chocolate smoothie
- If you want a tropical smoothie, add shredded coconut and a ½ a cup of diced pineapple to the mix, instead of the banana and peanut butter
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries for a yummy blueberry oat milk smoothie
- Add a ½ cup of strawberries instead of bananas for a strawberry oat milk smoothie
Can You Put Oatmeal In A Smoothie
Yes, you can put oatmeal in a smoothie! You get all the benefits of a bowl of oatmeal, yet in a smoothie form. Oatmeal is loaded with fiber, which boosts the good bacteria in your gut. Whether you need an on-the-go breakfast or you crave a refreshing sippable morning meal, this delicious banana oatmeal smoothie is a great option.
Are Oat Milk Smoothies Good For You
Lets see, oat milk plus healthy fruits and sometimes veggies sounds healthy to me! However oat milk can have higher fat content that other alternative dairy-free milks, but many brands have low-fat options. I also like that Chobani has a no sugar added option, something to consider if you want to reduce sugar intake. Oat milk offers several necessary nutrients such as: B Vitamins , Zinc, Copper and Magnesium to name a few. So if youre wondering if oat milk smoothies are good for you, consider that you can count on oat milk as plant-based source of several necessary nutrients. Also, just keep in mind if you are looking to reduce the fat and sugar in your diet, you might want to go with a low-fat and/or no sugar added oat milk.
Don’t Miss: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Cartersville Ga
A Banana Oatmeal Smoothie With Healthy Fat
I know, fat isn’t always seen as a good thing. Yet hear me out your body actually needs healthy fat in order to process your food properly. Without fat, the body does a poor job digesting food, converting carbs into energy, absorbing fat soluble nutrients like vitamins A, D, E, and K… which are vitally important. For a creamier smoothie use full-fat coconut milk. For a less creamy smoothie, use a homemade coconut milk, or one you can find in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store.
How To Freeze Fruit For Smoothies
To make smoothies even easier, freeze fresh fruit into portions.
To freeze bananas for smoothies, peal banana and cut into round disks.
Arrange, in one layer, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Slide the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze until hard .
When the bananas are hard, divide it between freezer-safe bags and keep it in the freezer for your next smoothie.
If youd prefer the lazy way, I often just stick a full banana into a freezer safe bag blend it whole.
Read Also: Easy Way To Make Smoothies At Home
How To Make A Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
Start your Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Smoothie by adding your banana to your blender.
Followed up by the milk.
Next add your Greek yogurt.
Then add your old fashioned oats.
And your peanut butter.
Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Put the lid on your blender and blend until smooth, adding ice until you reach your desired consistency.
Pour evenly into 4 cups, and serve and enjoy your Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Smoothie!
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
- Its really tasty! This smoothie with oat milk is so refreshing. With the delicious combination of fresh berries, ripe banana, oat milk, and creamy peanut butter this smoothie is both filling and full of flavour!
- This refreshing smoothie can be customized with any fruit and add-ins of your choice. Change it up and make a cherry oat milk smoothie, frozen berry oat milk smoothie or raspberry oat milk smoothie.
- It is naturally sweetened and isvegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
- This oat milk breakfast smoothie is very easy to make.
- This healthy smoothie is the perfect breakfast, snack, or after-workout shake.
- You can meal prep it the day before and take it with you on the go in the morning!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie Recipes To Help Lose Weight
Why Try My Oat Milk Smoothie
- Can be made with homemade or store-bought oat milk
- Packed with banana, berries and mango
- Super refreshing & invigorating
- Enriched with a hint of vanilla to balance the acidity of raspberries
- So easy to make and customise
- A great way to use up oat milk thats about to go bad .
If you’re a fan of smoothies, dont forget to also check out my plant-based smoothies super-post with 6 of my favourite smoothies.
Can I Add Protein Powder To My Smoothie
For a macronutrient balanced smoothie, I love to add whey protein powder, collagen protein powder, or plant-based protein powder.
For this orange banana smoothie, a plain or vanilla flavored protein powder works best. Simply add the recommended serving size, usually 1-2 scoops to the blender, and blend up with the rest of your ingredients.
If Im not drinking my smoothie right away, I like to wait to add the protein powder until Im ready to enjoy it.
Read Also: Quick And Easy Breakfast Smoothies
How To Make Oat Milk Smoothie
Ingredient quantities & detailed instructions to be found in recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Put blueberries, banana , cored and roughly chopped pear, seeds, nut butter, oats and oat milk into a blender and blend until smooth.
Depending on the type of blender you use you might need to stop it and scrape down the sides to ensure everything is blended properly. You might also want to add some extra oat milk .
Taste and adjust sweetens to your liking by adding some maple or agave syrup or throwing in couple of pitted dates.
Blend some more and serve!
Oat Milk Smoothie Ingredients
To make this delicious and healthy smoothie you need only 5 ingredients! These whole-food, natural ingredients bring in sweetness , creaminess, and a touch of earthy flavour.
Heres what youll need:
- Oat milk
- Vanilla plant protein powder or unflavoured collagen peptides
- Peanut or almond butter
The protein powder and nut butter in this smoothie are both optional but I highly recommend adding them. The protein and fat help to make the smoothie more filling, balance the natural sugars, and bring in all the benefits that protein and healthy fats do, making this smoothie a well-rounded, well-balanced meal or snack.
Also Check: Good Things To Put In Smoothies
Ingredients In This Oat Milk Smoothie
This oat milk smoothie recipe works for any type of frozen fruit. But you cant go wrong with strawberry banana! Its our favorite way to load up on healthy fruit that tastes like a dessert. Here are the ingredients youll need:
- Frozen strawberries : Strawberries are our go-to, but there are many more ways to mix and match this recipe.
- Fresh banana: All you need are two room temperature bananas. No need to remember to freeze them!
- Oat milk : Use plain or unflavored oat milk. You can use vanilla if you like, but sometimes vanilla flavors are overly sweet or artificial tasting.
- Ice: Ice adds just the right frozen texture.
- Maple syrup or honey : Whether you need it depends on the ripeness of the bananas. Sometimes frozen strawberries can also be very tart and need a little sweetener. Add a touch to taste.
What Is Oat Milk
Oat milk is made from oats soaked in water. The oats are then blended together and strained through a cheesecloth or strainer.
Oat milk is a great Vegan and dairy free alternative to milk. Since oats retain water better than nuts, oat milk tends to be much more creamy than other plant based milk alternatives.
While oat milk is lower in protein than cows milk, it is actually higher in fiber and lower in sugar.
Don’t Miss: Do Mcdonald’s Smoothies Have Real Fruit
How To Make An Oat Milk Smoothie
This dairy free and healthy oat milk smoothie is so easy to make. Simply add all your ingredients to a high-speed blender, blend, and enjoy! Here are step-by-step instructions:
First, add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, with optional add-ins.
Then, blend until smooth and creamy. To make a thinner smoothie, add more oat milk. To make a thicker smoothie, add a bit more frozen banana or ice cubes.
Pour into a glass and enjoy for breakfast, snack, dessert, or a post-workout refuel!
Using Oat Milk In Smoothies
Oat milk is actually a newer plant based milk option on the market. I only really started seeing it on shelves in the grocery store about 2 years ago, as the plant milk section was always dominated by nut milks like almond or cashew milk.
Now, many people love to add oat milk to their smoothies because it has a very subtle taste that blends well with other ingredients so it becomes pretty much undetectable, except for the added creaminess it provides. Its also a great option for those who want a plant based milk but have an allergy to nuts and nut milks.
When it comes to using oat milk in smoothies, I recommend using a natural, unsweetened oat milk , and to look for a gluten-free certified and organic brand that does not add a bunch of stabilizers and thickeners. The taste will be noticeably cleaner and smoother.
You May Like: Bed Bath And Beyond Smoothie Blenders
Creamy Oat Milk Smoothie In Minutes
Its time for another simple, delicious, and healthy smoothie recipe!!
This nutritionally balanced oat milk smoothie is made with a mix of simple whole food ingredients and contains all of the macronutrients along with micronutrients . The oat milk makes the smoothie extra creamy and dreamy and brings in some added nutritional benefits.
I love the smooth flavour of this satisfying beverage and its just so simple and easy to whip up, even for the most novice smoothie-makers!
Storing And Freezing Banana Oat Milk Smoothie
- To store: Smoothies can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Be sure to vigorously mix the smoothies before enjoying them, in case some of the liquid has separated.
- To freeze: Place smoothie in a shallow container or ice block molds and freeze for up to 6 months. When ready to enjoy, re-blend until creamy.
Don’t Miss: Closest Smoothie King To My Location
A Naturally Low Sugar Breakfast Option
Many quick breakfast options are loaded with extra sugar. While that might make you feel a rush of morning energy, it’s just not sustainable for a busy day. Instead, this banana oatmeal sweet talker with a straw has less than 20 grams of sugar per serving, and balances out that sugar with healthy fat from the coconut milk + fiber from the oatmeal. These ingredients help the body break down the natural sugar, then turn it into usable energy.
Want to help your blood sugar even more? Use a plant based protein powder, like my Protein Smoothie Boost, to give this smoothie an extra 10 grams of protein + 4 grams of healthy fat. This superfood blend helps keep you full longer, as well as provides more energy.
Does Oat Milk Taste Good In Smoothies
It sure does! The great thing about oat milk is that is has a very subtle flavour and does not overpower the taste of the smoothie.
It has an earthy taste that blends wonderfully with fruits like banana, strawberries, or other berries, and added ingredients like nut butter and protein powder.
If you like the taste of oats or even oatmeal, youll notice that same subtle flavour in the oat milk, which makes it a great breakfast smoothie option.
Read Also: How To Make High Protein Smoothies
How To Freeze Banana Oat Milk Smoothies
If you made too much, or you simply want to be able to quickly get to your oat milk smoothie on the go, then you can also freeze your oat milk smoothie and drink it later. If you put the smoothie in a shallow container or ice cube trays, you can freeze it for up to 6 months. Make sure to re-blend the smoothie when you take it out of the freezer so that its creamy and delicious once again.
This is our favorite recipe for easy oat milk smoothies and a few of the variations we find appetizing on a hot summers day. Do you have a favorite variation of an oat milk smoothie recipe?
Why Would You Use Oat Milk In A Smoothie
Naturally dairy-free, oat milk adds a creamy consistency and is the creamiest plant-based milk making it a great option for smoothies!
It can also be a good alternative for those looking for a nut-free plant-based milk option.
Tip: Not all oat milk is gluten free or nut free. Be sure to check labels and ingredients lists to ensure the milk is gluten-free & nut-free if thats important to you!
Recommended Reading: Best Smoothie Diet To Lose Weight
Key Ingredients And Substitutions:
- Oat milk: an incredible non-dairy milk that has a nice sweet flavour. Use plain or unflavoured oat milk for this recipe to avoid any added sugars. You could also use your own homemade oat milk for this smoothie.
- Bananas: the banana helps to make this smoothie sweet, filling, smooth, and creamy. If you prefer a smoothie with no banana, omit the banana and add more berries or other fruit instead. You could also use frozen banana for this recipe.
- Berries: both blueberries and raspberries are used in this recipe to give it an incredible flavor and beautiful light color. You can easily substitute these for your other favourite berries such as strawberries or blackberries. Use either fresh or frozen berries and you could also swap some of the berries to make a cherry smoothie or frozen berry smoothie.
- Peanut butter: use your favourite creamy peanut butter or substitute with a natural nut butter, such as almond butter or cashew butter. Be sure to use natural, unsweetened, smooth peanut butter.
Blend Until 100% Smooth
The clue is in the name. For best results, smoothies should be completely smooth with no bits floating about. When you pour the smoothie into your cup, it should have no clumps of fruit hiding between the liquid.
To ensure its as smooth as possible, all you need to do is blend it for long enough. Some newer blenders will even have a smoothie setting.
I find that 2 or 3 minutes of blending is usually enough to get rid of any bits. This might depend on how powerful your blender is.After blending, always run a spoon or a small spatula through the smoothie and see if you run into any bits. If yes, make sure to blend for longer until no bits remain.
Recommended Reading: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Lawton Ok
Variations And Add Ins:
- Add some protein powder or collagen peptides to this recipe to turn it into an oat milk protein shake.
- Feel free to swap the berries for other berries or fruit including strawberries, or blackberries. You can also use frozen berries or even cherries!
- To make a green smoothie with oat milk add a handful of spinach or kale.
- If you prefer an oat milk smoothie with no banana, omit the banana and double the amount of berries in the recipe.
- To make this smoothie gluten free, be sure that the oat milk you are using is certified gluten free.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe if you are serving more than one person.
How To Make A Banana Almond And Oat Smoothie
Breakfasts can be hard. Time can be short in the mornings and not everyone can face the idea of food either. Heres an answer to that dilemna a Banana, Almond and Oat Smoothie. It contains loads of useful energy to help you get the best start to your day. So, there it is Banana, Almond and Oat Smoothie to the rescue.
It begins with a frozen banana and some soaked oats. It couldnt be simpler but does need a little planning. Usefully, this part could be made in bulk so freeze a weeks worth of sliced-up bananas and soak maybe upto four days worth of oats.
This smoothie contains both almond milk and almond butter , so lots of good things going on with vitamin E, fibre, protein, magnesium and it is absolutely loaded with antioxidants. Its a total superstar at helping to regulate blood sugar levels and may play a part in reducing cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure. Do yourself some good and make the smoothie, youll feel brilliant or at least virtuous.
Recommended Reading: Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe With Greek Yogurt
About This Oat Milk Smoothie Recipe
One of my favorite ways to start the day is by blending up a healthy smoothie recipe.
Theyre such a quick & easy way to kick off my mornings with a sippable serving of plant-based goodness, protein, healthy fats and fiber.
So Im always searching for new flavor combinations to add to my rotation, and this creamy oat milk smoothie is SO good I knew I had to share it with you asap!
Were using simple ingredients like frozen bananas, peanut butter, ground flax seed and oat milk to create a milkshake-style smoothie that tastes like a total treat.
I honestly love having this smoothie as-is, but its so versatile that it lends itself to almost endless variations.
Ive added lots of customizations & ideas for you so you can use this everyday recipe and make anything from a berry oat milk smoothie to a chocolate or a no-banana version!