How To Make A Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
Step 1: Add the fresh watermelon chunks to the blender first, this will make it easier to blend.
Step 2: Place the frozen strawberries on top of the watermelon.
Step 3: use a high powered blender to blend until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!
The juiciness from the watermelon and the iciness from the frozen strawberries makes that perfect smoothie texture.
This smoothie is naturally sweet and so refreshing.
You could also freeze this into ice pops for your kids!
If your fruit is not sweet enough, you can add a touch of maple syrup, but I really dont think you will need it.
This smoothie was plenty sweet and so fun to drink.
I only wish I had been drinking it poolside!
This drink is perfectly thick from the frozen fruit.
I would not recommend using fresh strawberries unless you are using frozen watermelon.
If you are using fresh watermelon and strawberries, you could add ice to thicken the smoothie, but it may water down the flavor a bit.
More smoothie recipes
Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
The best strawberry banana smoothie recipe is easy to make in less than five minutes. It’s healthy and made with yogurt so it’s full of protein – the perfect snack or breakfast!
Is there any other smoothie flavor more classic than a Strawberry Banana Smoothie?!
All of my memories of strolling through the mall in my tween-teen years involved shopping with a creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie in one hand and my purse in the other. It was like I couldn’t possibly buy that Bath and Bodyworks lip balm if I wasn’t simultaneously sipping on a sweet fruity treat!
Well, I can only imagine what those mall smoothie places put in their creations , so I set out to create a healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie that tastes just as good than those smoothies I knew and loved as a kid…and let me tell you I totally accomplished that goal!
This is seriously the BEST strawberry banana smoothie recipe ever! It’s so easy to make and comes together in under 5 minutes! Plus it’s healthy, using only a touch of honey as the sweetener and it’s loaded with whole fruits! It’s also made with yogurt, giving it a nice dose of protein and making it irresistibly creamy!
Have I convinced you yet that this Strawberry Banana Smoothie is 110% the perfect most delicious smoothie to enjoy for breakfast or a snack?!
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt
When you have bananas that are rapidly turning brown in the fruit bowl and strawberries that have been sitting, neglected on the counter for days, making a smoothie is one of the easiest ways I know to put them to use.
When it comes to smoothies, the first thing that strikes the mind is Yogurt! What should I do if I dont have yogurt in place? Shall I skip the idea of making smoothies? Or should I run round to fetch a cup of yogurt?
Well, the answer is, you can make a palatable smoothie even without a yogurt.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to make a strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt:
A quick tip for Banana:
When the bananas are fast turning brown, pop them into a freezer and store at least 2 days. In two days, when they emerge out of the freezer, you will be able to blend them in smoothies like this one without any lumps.
Strawberry and banana is a fantastic combination that offers you excellent health along with palatable taste:
Read Also: Greek Yogurt Smoothie Weight Loss
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Tours
How Do You Make A Healthy Strawberry Smoothie
Making a healthy strawberry smoothie is about the ingredients you put in it. When using fresh, or frozen, fruit, healthy sweeteners like honey and high-quality cocoa, the smoothie is healthy. Watch out for pre-made smoothie mixes. These smoothie mixes are usually loaded with chemicals, added fat and added sugar. Making strawberry smoothies are healthier when you make them yourself.
How To Meal Prep Your Smoothies In Advance
Meal prepping your smoothies in advance is a great way to save time in the morning at breakfast or in the afternoon when you need a quick snack.
To meal prep a few smoothies at a time, just place all of the smoothie ingredients, except the liquid, in a small freezer bag. Place the bag in the freezer until you are ready to use.
Once you are ready to blend the smoothie, add the liquid to your blender and then pour in the contents of your frozen smoothie bag. Blend on high until completely smooth.
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Club Level
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie:
Smoothie Pro Tip: Be sure to put the liquid ingredients in first, and then the frozen ingredients. The liquid helps with the blending process and prevents your blender from locking up on the hard frozen fruits!
- I recently purchased a new high-powered blender and absolutely love it .
- You do not need a high-dollar blender to make this strawberry blueberry smoothie. If you use a high powered blender , your smoothie will have a finer, more even consistency, but you can certainly make this recipe in a regular blender too. If your smoothie is too thick to blend, add more almond milk .
- I owned this more economical option for a while. While it doesnt get things as smooth as quickly as a high-powered blender or come with the same bells and whistles, its a good option for the price.
- I sip my smoothies through these stainless steel straws. They make everything you drink through them from smoothies, to iced tea or iced coffee, to even water taste extra refreshing. I also keep a few in my purse for when Im out and about, so I dont need to ask for a plastic or paper straw.
Thaw Strawberries For 5 Minutes Before Using
Frozen strawberries, especially larger ones, can be hard on your blender. To prevent damage to your blender and for greater ease in blending, let the strawberries thaw at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before using. Or, you can microwave them for 30 seconds to a minute, just until theyre losing their frost and starting to soften a bit.
If you still have trouble blending, pause, stir and let the mixture rest for a few more minutes before trying again. You can always add another splash or two of milk if you need more traction.
You May Like: Best Seats At Smoothie King Center
Other Popular Smoothie Recipes For You To Try
- Healthy strawberries and cream smoothie is a deliciously creamy, smooth and naturally sweet breakfast smoothie. Its made with only 4 ingredients and no actual cream!
- Blueberry apple smoothie is not only healthy but it tastes just great. An amazingly refreshing wakeup call in the morning or maybe as a lively pick me up during the day.
- Strawberry sunrise smoothie will give you that energy boost you need to help wake you up in the morning. Nutritious, delicious and packed full of vitamin C its sure to give you that extra glow!
- Strawberry and raspberry smoothie. This is the perfect summer smoothie recipe. A delicious combination of sweet and sour berries to tantalise your taste buds!
What To Put In A Smoothie
Any number of great things can be put into a smoothie! Thats why they are so popular! The trick is creating the right ratio of vegetables & fruit so your creation is not only good for you, but tasty too !
The best thing about a smoothie is that its really easy to make your own!
- Milk: Cows milk, almond, rice, hemp, coconut the skys the limit!
- Juice: Lots of juices like apple, orange or grape can add a little sweetness and change up the flavor of this strawberry banana smoothie recipe.
- Yogurt: Greek yogurt or regular work. If youre using unsweetened yogurt, you might like to add a squeeze of honey to sweeten it.
- Just for Fun: Add in your favorites like chocolate syrup, almonds or peanut butter!
- Ice: If you use fruit that is not frozen, youll want to add some ice to give it a frosty chill.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Bahama Mama
Why This Recipe Works
This strawberry smoothie recipe is definitely one of my favorites, especially during the warmer months. Refreshing smoothies with strawberries are rich, creamy and bursting with the bright flavor of fresh strawberries.
I also add a banana to make a thick and milkshake-like consistency. Plus it adds another pop of healthy sweetness to the drink that is great to get your morning going!
When making a smoothie with bananas, I prefer to use coconut milk or almond milk. Using plant-based milks makes this a tasty vegan smoothie recipe, and is a bit easier on your stomach.
I have read that according to ayurveda, eating certain fruits and dairy milk together can create all kinds of digestion problems. For instance, banana and dairy tend to cause gut issues. However, I always find that beverages made with coconut milk or almond milk are lighter and easy to digest.
I have not used any sweetener in this 3 ingredient smoothie recipe, but you can add some sweetener if your strawberries arent quite ripe or you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
Smoothies, fruit juices and milkshakes are terrific to make for a quick and healthy breakfast. Here are just a few Smoothie Recipes I have shared on the blog:
You May Like: Best Water Bottle For Smoothies
The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Even with such a seemingly basic recipe, theres actually a trick that makes some strawberry smoothies taste better than others.
The trick is to use frozen strawberries instead of adding ice, because this will result in a thicker and creamier smoothie with a much deeper strawberry flavor.
If using fresh strawberries, just cut off the stems and freeze them beforehand, or you can buy the berries already frozen. Before blending, thaw them just enough so they arent rock hard and can be easily blended.
Serve for breakfast, with homemade Vegan Donuts
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Seating Chart With Seat Numbers
What Are The Health Benefits Of Strawberries
If you didnt know it already, strawberries are a cholesterol free, fat free, sodium free, low calorie fruit. Strawberries also contain a lot of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and a ton of other vitamins and minerals. Strawberries are loaded with potassium so if you ever get a leg cramp, try eating some strawberries!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is made with just three ingredients. You cant go wrong with this simple and delicious smoothie!
This strawberry banana smoothie could not be any simpler.
With easy ingredients and a blender, you can make this at home in just 5 minutes.
Kids and adults alike will love this smoothie recipe!
Strawberry and banana is such a classic favorite flavor combination, just like the favorite peanut butter banana smoothie is.
You May Like: Strawberry Banana Smoothie Mcdonalds Calories
Put The Ingredients Into The Blender
Put the ingredients for this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe into the container of your blender in the order listed. There is always a rhyme and reason behind why I write the order of ingredients in my recipes, especially when it comes to using a blender!
Always put liquids in the blender first!
In order to ensure a smooth blend it’s important to put the liquid ingredients into the blender first. This way the blades can move freely in the first few seconds of blending to really blend everything nice and smooth.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients:
To make this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, you will need the following ingredients :
- Frozen strawberries: Or you can sub in any other kind of frozen berries that you have on hand.
- Banana: I typically just use fresh bananas. But if you have frozen sliced bananas, you can omit some of the ice in this recipe.
- Milk: Any type of milk will work for this recipe cows milk, almond milk, oat milk, you name it.
- Ice: However much is needed to achieve your desired smoothie consistency.
- Optional add-ins: See ideas below!
You May Like: How Much Do Smoothie King Workers Make
Ninja Bn701 Total Crushing Countertop Blender
- 3 pre-programmed settings
- Removable blade assembly
If youre looking for a nice blender below a hundred bucks, Ninja Kitchen is a great place to start. The brand is focused on providing high-quality kitchen appliances while operating at a low price-point.
If its this particular model here, it has various amazing features that can be very helpful when making your strawberry smoothie. For instance, the total crushing pitcher has the stacked 6-blade system that the maker innovated for dealing with ice and frozen fruits. So, you dont need to further mash your icy materials as some regular blenders request.
Another thing, the countertop blender has a 1400-watt motor thats strong enough to handle your foods without a fail. The power base even has three preset programs for ice crush, ice cream, and a smoothie. So, you necessarily dont need to stand by the machine until it completes pulverizing the materials.
Peanut Butter Banana Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
This smoothie is just like eating your favorite peanut butter, jelly, and banana sandwich. It makes a great afternoon snack. The grapes and strawberry combination taste as sweet as jelly.
This recipe yields 20 oz. . This is enough for 2 servings. Each 10 ounce serving has approximately 280 calories, 11 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and 31 grams of carbohydrates.
Smoothie Ingredients:Add in the following order.
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- If using fresh fruit, add 1 cup ice
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Map
Fresh Strawberry Banana Smoothie
It is a great tasting simple smoothie that uses frozen fruits but with fresh lemon juice. Another amazing ingredient in it is rice milk. In the above recipes, we used almond milk or low-fat milk. But, here, we will use rice milk. The quality of this ingredient is that it gives a more fresh taste than all other ways. In addition to it, it is more energetic and tasty. There are seven ingredients used in it. It only needs six minutes for the quick making. The total calories are 150kcal.
- Rice milk of one cup
- Use frozen strawberries of one cup
- One cup of banana
- Fresh lemon juice of only two tablespoons
- Basil leaves and mint leaves of one tablespoon
- The instructions are easier that you will quickly understand them. You can use both kinds of blender, i.e., high-powered or low-powered. The only difference between these blenders is their time of making. The high-powered blender will give you quick results, and the low-powered will take a little bit of time.
- Combine all food items in the blender. The best way to blending is to start with low speed and then gradually increase speed.
- After blending, check its results. If you notice the texture is no smoother, then again blend. You can also use any tamper for the scraping down of sides of it.
- The resulting drink may become too thicker. Now, if you desire to make it a little thin, then add little milk to it. You will enjoy the best taste after instantly made it.
Expert Tips And Tricks
- Freeze fresh strawberries. Fresh strawberries will have the most flavor and will be the sweetest. Freezing them captures that flavor and still results in a cold and creamy consistency.
- Add extra nutrients. Make this smoothie even healthier by adding in spinach, protein powder, oats, and even more fruit.
- Start with the banana. Loading the blender with the softer ingredients next to the blade allows for easier mixing.
- Test for sweetness. The amount of sweetener you need depends on how sweet your fruit and yogurt is. Sample the smoothie then add the sweetener as needed to taste.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Seating
Almond Oatmeal Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Almond Milk
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is light, clean, and creamy . If you use raw oats, blend longer than normal until the oats are completely blended in.
It is easy to make your own almond milk, but store bought works too.
This recipe yields 16 oz. . This is enough for 2 servings. Each 8 ounce serving has approximately 205 calories, 6 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber, and 29 carbohydrates.
Smoothie Ingredients:Add in the following order.
- 1 cup almond milk
- cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 cup strawberries
- banana , about 3 inches
- Sweetener as needed
- If using fresh fruit, add 1 cup ice
Strawberry Banana Smoothies For Breakfast
One of the more simple smoothie recipes for beginners and pros alike, is the infamous strawberry smoothie recipe.
A good homemade smoothie recipe has fresh fruits that complement each other , add a splash of milk, yogurt and a dash of honey if youd like and youve got a sweet snack that will nourish and fuel your body for hours!
If you are looking for a quick pick-me-up after a workout or are recovering from a cold and have had enough Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, youll love sipping on a vitamin packed strawberry banana smoothie!
Chock full of gut comforting calcium, vitamin C, and fiber, this such a great smoothie recipe! What we eat can truly transform our bodies, and with a solid supply of easy smoothie recipes on deck, its easy to get creative while getting healthy! Even kids love a good banana smoothie!
Also Check: Evening Smoothies For Weight Loss
Tips To Thicken Your Smoothie
I love my smoothies nice and thick, as I think it makes them more satisfying. This recipe is already fairly thick, but if youd like to thicken your smoothie even more, here are a few tips:
- Blend in a few cubes of ice after you mix your main ingredients until you reach your desired consistency.
- For thickness and added flavor, try blending in an extra handful of frozen fruit.
- You can also try adding in 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. After a few minutes, these little nutrient-rich seeds will soak up some of the excess liquid and thicken the smoothie.
Donât Miss: Green Smoothies That Actually Taste Good