How To Make Strawberries Smoothies
These strawberry smoothies are easy to make. Theyre surprisingly filling, since they offer a good amount of protein and fiber. Whip them up for breakfast, or any time youre in the mood for ice creamtheyre that good.
Frozen strawberries offer characteristic berry flavor, antioxidants and a fun pink color. One 10-ounce bag or about 2 cups will be just right. If possible, buy organic strawberries as conventional berries are notoriously high in pesticide exposure.
Frozen bananas make this smoothie lusciously creamy and naturally sweet.
Almond butter offers extra creaminess, plus protein, fiber and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
Vanilla almond milk makes this smoothie as creamy as possible . Buy unsweetened to avoid refined sugar. My favorite brands are Malk, Three Trees and Foragers. Or use water, for a slightly less luxurious texture.
For a sweeter smoothie, add maple syrup, to taste. The bananas are typically sweet enough for me, but a little drizzle of maple syrup makes this smoothie taste like a milkshake.
For extra sticking power, you can add up to 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats and/or up to 2 tablespoons flax seed . Flax makes leftover smoothies almost pudding-like in texture, and I like that!
Tips For Making The Best Strawberry Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt
- This smoothie recipe can be served to babies and toddlers of all ages. Just omit the added sweetener if desired for your kiddo.
- Add a few raw cauliflower florets to add a veggie.
- Add 1 tablespoon hemp seeds for additional protein and healthy fats.
- Use nondairy yogurt as needed.
- Use regular yogurt or Greek-style, knowing that the Greek-style will be thicker.
- Use frozen strawberries if needed, knowing that the result will be thicker.
- Make this up to 24 hours ahead and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- You may also like my Strawberry Smoothie with Cauliflower, my Cherry Smoothie, and my Simple Green Smoothie.
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt
This post may contain affiliate links. If you shop from one of our links, we may earn a commision.Updated:
If your kids love those expensive bottles of drinkable yogurt at the grocery store or youre looking for a super simple smoothie recipe, you have to try this one. This Strawberry Smoothie recipe with yogurt has just 3 ingredients and can even be made ahead!
Don’t Miss: Cancer Fighting Smoothies Recipes
Healthy Yogurt Smoothie For Kids
A simple yogurt smoothie doesnt need a lot of ingredientsso its affordable and quick to make. We love it as is, or with crackers or a muffin for a more substantial meal or snack. It has all of the natural sweetness you want in a kid smoothie, plus protein, calcium, Vitamin C and fiber. My toddler drinks it from a straw cup or in a reusable Squeasy Gear Pouch.
TIP: This is a nice starter smoothie for kids who are still learning to like them.
How Do You Make A Strawberry Smoothie
Read Also: King Center Seating Chart Melbourne
How To Make A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 57 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.The wikiHow Culinary Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 752,623 times.
Strawberry smoothies are healthy, delicious, and refreshing and best of all, theyre easy to make! With just 4 ingredients and a blender, youll have a nice cold treat thats sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Swaps And Substitutions
The great thing about smoothies is that you can add or switch out ingredients to make it your own. Here are some variations you can try:
- Make this smoothie dairy-free by using dairy-free yogurt and non-dairy milk such as almond or oat milk.
- You can leave out the yogurt all together.
- Use vanilla or strawberry yogurt for a sweeter smoothie. Alternatively, add up to 1 tablespoon of honey for added sweetness.
- Swap up to half of the milk for orange juice.
- Add up to 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter. Combined with the strawberries, it tastes like a PB& J smoothie.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chia seeds.
Also Check: Smoothie King Low Carb Options
Top Results For How To Make A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
Easy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
This Strawberry Smoothie recipe is thick, refreshing, and packed with fresh strawberry flavor. It has just 4 ingredients: strawberries, bananas, and pineapple blended together with coconut milk or your favorite base.
This strawberry banana smoothie will give you some serious feel-good energy in the morning!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart By Row
How To Freeze Bananas Quickly
Buy a big bunch of bananas and let them turn nicely ripe. Aim for nicely yellow bananas, perhaps with a few spotsnot full-blown spotty brown like you would for banana bread.
Peel and slice the bananas into 1/2-inch segments. Flash-freeze them by placing the slices in a single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheets that will fit in your freezer). This is also a great way to freeze your bananas in a hurry.
Once fully frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag and they will keep in the freezer for several months.
How To Store Leftover Smoothie
If you find yourself with leftover smoothie, theres no need to throw it away! Smoothies are a great way to get your fruits and vegetables, and leftover smoothie can be stored in the fridge or freezer for future enjoyment. Here are some tips on how to store leftover smoothie:
- If you plan on drinking the smoothie within a day or two, store it in a covered container in the fridge.
- For longer storage, pour the smoothie into an ice cube tray and freeze. Once frozen, transfer the cubes to a freezer-safe bag or container. When youre ready to enjoy, simply thaw the cubes and blend them up again.
- If you want to keep your smoothie extra fresh, transfer it to a vacuum-sealed container before storing in the fridge or freezer. This will help to prevent oxidation and preserve flavor.
With these tips, you can enjoy your leftover smoothie any time!
Don’t Miss: Mielle Organics Curl Smoothie
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie
So today I want to share a Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe that has nothing to prove. I believe this to be the best strawberry smoothie recipe because:
All you need is:
Simply throw them all into a good blender and whirr away!
Can I Make This With Greek Yogurt
You can make this yogurt smoothie with Greek yogurt if you prefer. The result will be slightly thicker, but it will also contain more protein. Try it both ways and see what you thinkand if your toddler has a thickness preference!
TIP: We love this strawberry yogurt smoothie without banana as an easy option if youre out or if you have a banana allergy in the house.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating Capacity
Strawberries + A Whole Banana Peaches + Mangos + A Whole Banana
How to make a thick smoothie bowl strawberry. Strawberries are cool, fruity, and a smoothie classic. I love smoothie because they taste so rich and yummy! You need a higher powered blender if you want that super thick texture. 1 cup milk of choice source : Strawberries + mango + coconut.
1 cup milk of choice source : It comes down to the frozen fruit : How to make a thick smoothie with yogurt. This is the ultimate strawberry smoothie. One essential thing is that always utilize a powerful blender.
How can i make this a thicker strawberry smoothie? Strawberries are cool, fruity, and a smoothie classic. I love smoothie because they taste so rich and yummy! For a lower fat option, use almond butter instead of peanut butter. Baby spinach + mangos + a whole banana.
If your smoothie is thicker than you like, add some milk, and blend to consistency. Strawberries + mango + coconut. Blueberries + strawberries + kale + a whole banana. How to make a thick smoothie with yogurt. 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
This bowl can be topped with banana, toasted coconut, chia seeds, and granola. This recipe uses a total of 1 cup fruit and 1 cup of liquid (including the. This bowl can be topped with banana, toasted coconut, chia seeds, and granola. They are a good source of a. How to make a thick smoothie with yogurt.
How To Make It Plant Based / Vegan
You can make this strawberry smoothie plant-based or vegan by doing the following:
- Make our strawberry banana smoothie. Try our Strawberry Banana Smoothie: its vegan and uses only 2 ingredients!
- Substitute non-dairy milk AND vegan yogurt or ½ banana for the yogurt. We like using oat milk or almond milk. Oat milk is usually a little sweeter and creamier so we tend to like that a little more. You could also try coconut milk, which adds a nice coconut essence, or soy milk. Then for the yogurt, use vegan yogurt or another ½ banana.
You May Like: 10 Day Smoothie Detox Diet
Why You Should Make This Strawberry Smoothie
Ive made a version of this easy smoothie recipe more times than I can count. Its perfect on its own and is the best base recipe for adding more ingredients.
Here are a few more reasons we love it:
- You need less than 5 minutes to make it.
- You can use fresh or frozen fruit. In fact, frozen strawberries make the smoothie extra creamy.
- Its easy to adapt to what you have in the kitchen.
- This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Kids love it!
- You can make the smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and save for later. Details below.
How To Freeze Fresh Fruit For Smoothies
For the coldest, creamiest smoothie possible, use quality frozen fruit. Store-bought frozen fruit is a convenient option and is especially handy when berry season is long gone. Keep bags tightly closed and consistently frozen to avoid icy, dull-tasting fruit.
Its also easy to freeze fresh ripe fruit, and its a great option when strawberries are dirt cheap at the supermarket or you bought a few too many bananas.
To freeze strawberries: Give them a good wash, drain, and let them completely dry. Cap the berries and slice them in half, placing on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Theyll keep for two months.
To freeze bananas: Simply peel and slice into chunks. Stick the baking sheet full of fruit in the freezer for at least an hour, or until the fruit is frozen solid. Scoop into a zip-top freezer bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Frozen bananas will keep for a month.
You May Like: Smoothie King Protein Powder
What Makes It A Perfect Strawberry Smoothie
A strawberry smoothie is the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day. But what makes a strawberry smoothie so perfect? First, its the flavor. Sweet and refreshing, strawberry is a classic flavor that everyone can enjoy.
Second, strawberry smoothies are healthy. Strawberries are packed with vitamins and antioxidants, making them a great choice for a nutritious snack or breakfast. And third, strawberry smoothies are easy to make.
Just blend fresh or frozen strawberries with milk or yogurt, and youre done! So if youre looking for the perfect summer treat, look no further than the strawberry smoothie. Trust us, its as good as it sounds.
How To Make The Perfect Strawberry Smoothie: Tips And Tricks
- 28 April 2022
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Do you love strawberry smoothies but never seem to make them the same way twice? Are you looking for some tips and tricks to help you create the perfect strawberry smoothie every time? Well, look no further! In this blog post, we will discuss some tips that will help you make the perfect strawberry smoothie. Well also give you a few recipes to get you started. So what are you waiting for? Lets get blending!
Also Check: Smoothing King Center Seating Chart
The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Even with such a seemingly basic recipe, theres actually a trick that makes some strawberry smoothies taste better than others.
The trick is to use frozen strawberries instead of adding ice, because this will result in a thicker and creamier smoothie with a much deeper strawberry flavor.
If using fresh strawberries, just cut off the stems and freeze them beforehand, or you can buy the berries already frozen. Before blending, thaw them just enough so they arent rock hard and can be easily blended.
Serve for breakfast, with homemade Vegan Donuts
More Drinks To Sip On
Whether it is a quick breakfast or a fancy meal, the drink can make all the difference. Drinks can quench your thirst, warm you up or just help you unwind. Remarkably simple to make and full of flavor, drinks are just so fun to make and drink. Here are a few favorite, tried, and true drink recipes to try the next time you need something for a special occasion.
Also Check: Smoothie King Concert Seating
Thaw Strawberries For 5 Minutes Before Using
Frozen strawberries, especially larger ones, can be hard on your blender. To prevent damage to your blender and for greater ease in blending, let the strawberries thaw at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before using. Or, you can microwave them for 30 seconds to a minute, just until theyre losing their frost and starting to soften a bit.
If you still have trouble blending, pause, stir and let the mixture rest for a few more minutes before trying again. You can always add another splash or two of milk if you need more traction.
How To Hull Strawberries:
The hull is the green leafy cap at the top of a strawberry. We hull strawberries to keep the color consistent in the smoothie. Hulling a strawberry is easy using a small pairing knife, make a circular cut around the top, aiming towards the center to remove the top like a cork.
A strawberry huller makes this job really quick and easy with minimal waste since you remove the hull with one circular motion and you dont have to cut away any portion of the strawberry flesh.
Also Check: Smoothie King Arena Events
Ingredients For The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Simple and easy, these ingredients combine to make a refreshing drink ready for any occasion.
- Frozen strawberries: Using frozen strawberries thickens and cools the smoothie to be more like a milkshake.
- Greek Yogurt: Adds creaminess, and calcium. Use non-fat Greek Yogurt for less fat.
- Honey: Natural sweetener that has antioxidants in it as well.
- Apple Juice: Also adds a bit of sweetness, but minimal flavor.
Tips For Making Smoothies
Here are a few tips for making the best smoothies possible:
- Start with ripe fruit. High quality fruit means better taste which makes a delicious smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit. Frozen fruit makes for a creamier, more refreshing smoothie.
- You dont need ice. Since youre using frozen fruit, theres also no need to include ice in the mixture. Your smoothie will be much more flavorful this way because the ice wont dilute the other ingredients.
- Plan ahead. Measure out the fruit for a few batches of smoothies into separate zip-top freezer bags. When its smoothie time, add the contents of one bag to the blender along with the milk and yogurt for a super quick breakfast or snack.
Don’t Miss: Protein Shake Smoothie King
Variations On This Strawberry Smoothie:
- You can always make things more interesting by mixing up the fruit: throw in some raspberries, pineapple, mango really, anything goes!
- Add grains theyre a great source of fiber, protein, and varying vitamins and minerals. Add quick oats, ground flax, or wheat bran to give your smoothie a boost and give it more staying power.
- Swap the yogurt and milk for probiotic yogurt and kefir Im a big believer in the power of probiotics and this is an easy way to get them!
- Add a scoop of protein powder if thats your schtik.
- Add a scoop of peanut butter or a spoonful of cocoa powder for a dessert-like treat.
Pin this recipe to save for later
Why This Recipe Works
This strawberry smoothie recipe is definitely one of my favorites, especially during the warmer months. Refreshing smoothies with strawberries are rich, creamy and bursting with the bright flavor of fresh strawberries.
I also add a banana to make a thick and milkshake-like consistency. Plus it adds another pop of healthy sweetness to the drink that is great to get your morning going!
When making a smoothie with bananas, I prefer to use coconut milk or almond milk. Using plant-based milks makes this a tasty vegan smoothie recipe, and is a bit easier on your stomach.
I have read that according to ayurveda, eating certain fruits and dairy milk together can create all kinds of digestion problems. For instance, banana and dairy tend to cause gut issues. However, I always find that beverages made with coconut milk or almond milk are lighter and easy to digest.
I have not used any sweetener in this 3 ingredient smoothie recipe, but you can add some sweetener if your strawberries arent quite ripe or you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
Smoothies, fruit juices and milkshakes are terrific to make for a quick and healthy breakfast. Here are just a few Smoothie Recipes I have shared on the blog:
Don’t Miss: Curl Smoothie Mielle