Expert Tips And Tricks
- Freeze fresh strawberries. Fresh strawberries will have the most flavor and will be the sweetest. Freezing them captures that flavor and still results in a cold and creamy consistency.
- Add extra nutrients. Make this smoothie even healthier by adding in spinach, protein powder, oats, and even more fruit.
- Start with the banana. Loading the blender with the softer ingredients next to the blade allows for easier mixing.
- Test for sweetness. The amount of sweetener you need depends on how sweet your fruit and yogurt is. Sample the smoothie then add the sweetener as needed to taste.
Mcdonalds Smoothie Americas Favorite Smoothie
First of all, its a smoothie with bananas and strawberries so it already has a lot going for it. And its a McDonalds meal you dont have to feel guilty about.
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe makes a smooth and creamy drink that is a great way to start your day. Its also a great dairy-free option if you arent able to eat or drink dairy products.
So instead of going through the drive-thru, make this delicious smoothie at home. This smoothie makes a great breakfast for when you are on the go, and it takes just moments to prepare.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whats The Best Blender For Making Smoothies
Blenders have gotten so advanced in the past few years, that its hard to pick one that wont blend up a great smoothie! If youre blender shopping, here are the three blenders we recommend for daily smoothie-making:
- MOST AFFORDABLE: Cuisinart Immersion/Stick BlenderDont let its small size fool you, this tiny handheld blender is packed full of power, and will easily make a smoothie for you every day!
- MEDIUM: Ninja Professional BlenderFor under $100, you get an incredibly powerful blender that makes a dreamy, creamy smoothie. This was the blender we used in the Wholefully test kitchen for years, and its a great starter level, but still high-powered, blender.
- SPLURGE: Vitamix Professional BlenderA Vitamix is the top of the line when it comes to blenders, and its what we use every day in the Wholefully test kitchen. It comes with a hefty price tag , so if youre just blending a smoothie every now and again, there is no need to make the splurge. But if you do a lot of cooking or make a lot of smoothies or blended drinks, you might want to start saving your pennies for a Vitamix. Its a lifetime appliance that is a dream to use!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Seating View
My Strawberry Banana Smoothie Tips
- Dont use all frozen fruit. If you were to use both frozen strawberries and a frozen banana, youre likely to end up with a super thick texture more similar to my Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe. So instead, use fresh strawberries and a frozen banana. If you only have frozen strawberries, let them thaw before using.
- Dont add any sugar. Its crazy that some recipes call for a sweetener with a full fruit smoothie. Mother nature has given us plenty of sweetness in the strawberries and banana so theres no need to add extra sugar.
- Make it with dairy or dairy-free. You can make this strawberry banana smoothie with dairy or dairy-free/vegan. Ive got recipes for both homemade yogurt and a dairy-free coconut yogurt. You can also use regular milk or my cashew milk or any healthy store-bought dairy-free milk or yogurt options as well.
- Dont add ice. Using a frozen banana in the recipe keeps the drink cold, but it doesnt water it down. Adding ice to smoothies makes them watery pretty quickly.
How To Freeze Fresh Fruit For Smoothies
For the coldest, creamiest smoothie possible, use quality frozen fruit. Store-bought frozen fruit is a convenient option and is especially handy when berry season is long gone. Keep bags tightly closed and consistently frozen to avoid icy, dull-tasting fruit.
Its also easy to freeze fresh ripe fruit, and its a great option when strawberries are dirt cheap at the supermarket or you bought a few too many bananas.
To freeze strawberries: Give them a good wash, drain, and let them completely dry. Cap the berries and slice them in half, placing on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Theyll keep for two months.
To freeze bananas: Simply peel and slice into chunks. Stick the baking sheet full of fruit in the freezer for at least an hour, or until the fruit is frozen solid. Scoop into a zip-top freezer bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Frozen bananas will keep for a month.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Spoon the yogurt and milk into the blender container first, so that the blades will start rotating quickly rather than getting hung up on the hard, frozen fruit.
- tip 2 Strawberry-banana is one of the most popular fruit combos for smoothies, but if you find yourself with an overload of other ripe fresh fruit, get to work creating your own freezer pantry. To freeze fruits, sort, wash, and drain completely on a clean kitchen towel. Prep fruits as you would for serving by removing stems, coring, peeling, and slicing. Small whole fruits such as berries and cherries can be frozen individually, then placed in ridged covered containers or freezer bags. Freeze ripe bananas, in halves, so theyre ready and waiting too.
- tip 3 Almond, coconut, rice, flax, and hemp milk are all terrific lactose-free milk substitutions that make delicious smoothies.
- tip 4 Any flavor of yogurt can be spooned into the blenderthere are no rules.
Best Blenders For Smoothies
When making a smoothie recipe at home there are a few ways you can blend it together. Here are the pros and cons of each method:
- High-speed individual blender such as aNutribullet. This option makes for super easy clean-up, but is best for just 1-2 servings.
- Large high-speed blender such as aVitamix. Best for making a large batch, but calls for more cleanup.
- 6 cup+ food processor such as a Cuisinart Food Processor. A last resort since it does not blend up the smoothie as easily, but it will get the job done.
You May Like: Smoothie King Gladiator Chocolate Protein Powder
Using Veggies In A Smoothie
First I wanna talk about the cauliflower in the room. If you already read the ingredients for this smoothie and that one threw you off, don’t fear! I know adding cauliflower to a fruit smoothie might sound odd, but it is a super mild veggie that adds nutrition + creaminess.
When using frozen cauliflower, I don’t even notice the flavor of it in my smoothie! While using fresh can produce a different taste, this smoothie tastes like bananas and strawberries all the way.
I often throw veggies in my smoothies like carrot, sweet potato, cauliflower, leafy greens, cabbage, and celery. They each provide a whole host of health benefits, as well as blend seamlessly into smoothies with a variety of other ingredients. Try tossing one of these vegetables into your next smoothie, and then let me know how it worked out!
What Are The Benefits Of A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
A strawberry and banana smoothie is good for you because strawberries are rich in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. They are among the top 20 most antioxidant-rich fruits. One serving of strawberries contains more vitamin C than an orange.
Try to buy organic strawberries, if possible. Non-organic strawberries often test positive for at least one pesticide. I like to buy the large Costco packages of frozen organic strawberries for our smoothies.
Bananas are a good source of fiber, potassium and magnesium. Your body digests the sugar in a banana more slowly than refined sugars, so you get lasting energy, rather than a sugar rush and crash. Naturally-sweet bananas are a healthy way to satisfy your craving for sugar. When youre craving a sweet frozen treat, this strawberry banana smoothie is a delicious option!
Are you ready to make your best strawberry banana smoothie? Lets do it!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Parking Cost
Tips For Making The Perfect Smoothie:
- I like to use slightly overripe bananas because it makes the smoothie a little sweeter.
- Fresh strawberries can be used but then you will have to add about 1 ½ cups of ice – I HIGHLY recommend sticking to frozen because this means the smoothie doesnt get watered down.
- Any milk can be used.
- Try making this smoothie with blueberries.
- Protein powder, collagen powder, or any other supplement can be added to the smoothie, just note that if its flavored it can alter the flavor of the smoothie.
- 1 tablespoon of agave or pure maple syrup may be used instead of honey or sweetener can be completely omitted.
- ½ cup of oatmeal can be added to the mixture for texture and thickness.
- Cottage cheese may be used in place of yogurt for an extra pack of protein.
- Want a really thick smoothie? Add an extra banana.
Protein Boost For Smoothies
If I’m blending this smoothie for breakfast, then I want to make sure it has enough protein. I like breakfasts smoothies that keep me full for the morning. Adding 1 serving of Protein Smoothie Boost will give this strawberry banana smoothie recipe an additional 10 grams of plant powered protein, as well as 4 grams of healthy fats. That turns this smoothie into long lasting energy without any sugar crash!
Don’t Miss: King Center Box Office Hours
Why You Should Make This Strawberry Smoothie
Ive made a version of this easy smoothie recipe more times than I can count. Its perfect on its own and is the best base recipe for adding more ingredients.
Here are a few more reasons we love it:
- You need less than 5 minutes to make it.
- You can use fresh or frozen fruit. In fact, frozen strawberries make the smoothie extra creamy.
- Its easy to adapt to what you have in the kitchen.
- This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Kids love it!
- You can make the smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and save for later. Details below.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients:
To make this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, you will need the following ingredients :
- Frozen strawberries: Or you can sub in any other kind of frozen berries that you have on hand.
- Banana: I typically just use fresh bananas. But if you have frozen sliced bananas, you can omit some of the ice in this recipe.
- Milk: Any type of milk will work for this recipe cows milk, almond milk, oat milk, you name it.
- Ice: However much is needed to achieve your desired smoothie consistency.
- Optional add-ins: See ideas below!
Also Check: Gladiator Smoothie Recipe
Put The Ingredients Into The Blender
Put the ingredients for this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe into the container of your blender in the order listed. There is always a rhyme and reason behind why I write the order of ingredients in my recipes, especially when it comes to using a blender!
Always put liquids in the blender first!
In order to ensure a smooth blend it’s important to put the liquid ingredients into the blender first. This way the blades can move freely in the first few seconds of blending to really blend everything nice and smooth.
What Do I Need For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Not only is this a super popular smoothie flavor, but it is also super simple! To make it, youll need:
- Frozen banana. The banana adds sweetness and creaminess, so it is one of my favorite smoothie ingredients to use.
- Frozen strawberries. You can use fresh strawberries too, but I prefer frozen. Frozen fruit serves to chill and thicken your smoothie, so you wont need to dilute the flavor with ice!
- Milk. You can use regular cows milk, unsweetened soy milk, or your unsweetened nut milk of choice. Coconut milk would give it a fun tropical twist.
- Plain Greek yogurt. This will help to thicken your smoothie.
- Honey or maple syrup. Bananas and strawberries can vary in sweetness, so youll want to give your smoothie a taste before adding any sweetener. You may be able to skip this ingredient entirely!
Read Also: Smoothie King Slim N Trim Recipes
What Is A Strawberry Banana Smoothie Good For
I love to make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie with yogurt in the morning for a quick, easy and healthy breakfast. Its fantastic to make before leaving for work in the morning and enjoying during your morning commute, this was a go-to on-the-go breakfast when I worked outside the home.
In addition to a breakfast smoothie, this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is also wonderful as a post workout snack. You can even throw everything into the blender before you leave for the gym, store it in the fridge and then blend it when you get home so its cool and smooth. A great way to restore your energy, feed your muscles and cool offhows that for efficiency!
How To Make The Best Strawberry Smoothie
Our basic smoothie recipe calls for four simple ingredients:
Strawberries I love adding a heaping cup of whole strawberries and particularly enjoy when the smoothie is made with frozen berries. For a smoothie made with blueberries, try our easy blueberry smoothie recipe.
Banana I use one banana to make one large or two smaller smoothies. For the best tasting smoothie, use a ripe banana. For the creamiest smoothie, use frozen banana slices .
Half an orange When I have oranges in the house, I love adding them to my morning smoothie. It adds extra vitamin C and tropical flavor. If you dont have oranges on hand, dont worry, you can substitute other fruits like mango, pineapple, and berries.
Milk To help the ingredients blend, I like adding some liquid to the blender. For a smoothie without milk, use water. It still tastes amazing. For more creaminess use milk .
To make the smoothie, I add everything into a blender, and then blend until smooth. For an icy cold smoothie, throw in a handful of ice or use frozen fruits.
Also Check: Smoothie King Concert Seating
Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
The best strawberry banana smoothie recipe is easy to make in less than five minutes. It’s healthy and made with yogurt so it’s full of protein – the perfect snack or breakfast!
Is there any other smoothie flavor more classic than a Strawberry Banana Smoothie?!
All of my memories of strolling through the mall in my tween-teen years involved shopping with a creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie in one hand and my purse in the other. It was like I couldn’t possibly buy that Bath and Bodyworks lip balm if I wasn’t simultaneously sipping on a sweet fruity treat!
Well, I can only imagine what those mall smoothie places put in their creations , so I set out to create a healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie that tastes just as good than those smoothies I knew and loved as a kid…and let me tell you I totally accomplished that goal!
This is seriously the BEST strawberry banana smoothie recipe ever! It’s so easy to make and comes together in under 5 minutes! Plus it’s healthy, using only a touch of honey as the sweetener and it’s loaded with whole fruits! It’s also made with yogurt, giving it a nice dose of protein and making it irresistibly creamy!
Have I convinced you yet that this Strawberry Banana Smoothie is 110% the perfect most delicious smoothie to enjoy for breakfast or a snack?!
Top 3 Tips For A Perfect Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Check it out!
Read Also: Smoothie King Ingredients
Gather Your Ingredients For This Strawberry Banana Smoothie
As noted, this recipe calls for just four ingredients, two of which are right there in the name: strawberries and bananas. The fruit should be fresh and ripe, and the bananas should be just starting to show a bit of brownness and softness, which indicates peak sweetness and ripeness. The other ingredients are simply low-fat yogurt and ice cubes. Make sure that “the yogurt is unflavored,” Olayinka says, as it’s more about consistency than flavoring.
That said, you can experiment with flavored yogurts at some point, but best to keep it simple at first.
Ingredients For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Heres what youll need to make this strawberry banana smoothie. Youll notice a lot of the traditional ingredients for a creamy smoother arent necessary. Theres no yogurt, no milk, no dairy to make it creamy! Just two pure, healthy ingredients that result in a plant based and vegan smoothie. Heres what youll need:
- Frozen strawberries: Its easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we dont always have them on hand. We customized this one to use a fresh banana so that you can make it immediately.
- Water and ice: For the body of the smoothie, youll just need a little water to get it to blend and ice for the perfect frothy texture.
Love plant based smoothies? Try these Top Vegan Smoothie Recipes!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Club Level