Top 5 Healthy Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
These protein-rich smoothies are great for detox, weight loss, and supplementing your workout diet. You can add protein powder or add whole food protein sources like nuts for extra proteins in your smoothie.
Our smoothie mixes are a delicious way to make these recipes even more nutrient-packed.
Read on to understand the top five easy healthy smoothie recipes for weight loss.
Storage And Freezing Instructions
You can easily double or triple this recipe to make enough to have throughout the week! Just freeze in a freezer-safe, airtight container or plastic bag. Or even better, freeze in an ice cube tray to easily blend later! I like to make extra to have on hand because this smoothie only takes 5 minutes to make!
Shopping List For Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe:
- Vanilla Protein Powder
Special Tip: You can find all the measurements in the recipe card below. There you can choose how many servings of these strawberry smoothie recipes with yogurt you want to make, and it will do all the measurement math for you! All of the ingredients for this frozen strawberry smoothie with yogurt can be doubled or tripled with the click of a button.
Up next, how to make a strawberry smoothie recipe easy
Also Check: Smoothie Before Bed For Weight Loss
Coconut Mango Breakfast Shake
This yummy Coconut Mango Shake is a perfect healthy breakfast smoothie recipe. The coconut and mango make it tropical and decadent, and it has Chia seeds in it for an extra protein and nutrition boost, and a creamy breakfast shake texture.
If youre more into creamy weight loss smoothies, this weight loss shake could become your healthy breakfast recipe go to.
If youre embarking on a detox smoothie diet, I recommend picking up a great smoothie blender! Check out the 15 Best Blenders for Weight Loss Smoothies here.
Skinny Orange Dream Smoothie Recipe
Do you remember the Orange Creamsicle® Bar you used to have as a kid? This Skinny Orange Dream Smoothie recipe tastes very similar, but is actually good for you, too.
This weight loss breakfast smoothie is packed with lots of Vitamin C as well as other metabolism boosting ingredients.
This copycat smoothie recipe is easy and oh so delicious, plus theres added protein with the Greek Yogurt!
We love weight loss smoothies with metabolism boosting ingredients, and thats why this detox smoothie made it on our list of the best weight loss breakfast smoothies.
You May Like: Organic Superfood Smoothie Mix Essential Living
Dannon Triple Zero Greek Nonfat Yogurt Vanilla
Although there is no naturally-occurring fiber in yogurt, Dannon’s addition of chicory root fiber allows the yogurt’s six grams of naturally-occurring sugar to be matched with an equal amount of digestion-slowing fiber. The source of fiber, chicory root, is a source of inulin, a prebiotic that may help feed those live active probiotic cultures and can help minimize spikes in insulin after a carb-heavy meal.
Tips To Make The Beast Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- Dont add sugar- I have seen many smoothie recipes that call for extra sugar / sweetener. It kinda baffles me though Why would you need sugar if you are using fresh fruits as the base of this healthy strawberry smoothie. If you follow the exact steps to this recipe your smoothie should be perfectly sweetened without any added sugar.
- Dont use ice I am purposefully using frozen fruits to avoid using ice. I always feel like ice waters down my smoothies and thats not something I like. Using frozen fruits allows your smoothie to be thick and creamy with strong fruit flavors.
- Make it dairy free- If you are lactose intolerant or are simply vegan, you can make this smoothie fit your needs by using oat milk, soy milk, cashew milk or even almond milk as well as a dairy free yogurt to maintain the creaminess of this strawberry banana smoothie.
Read Also: Best Smoothies For Keto Diet
Skinny Almond Joy Smoothie
Serves: 1Nutrition: 225 calories, 3.8 g fat, 6 g fiber, 15 g sugars, 10.5 g protein.
We may have saved the best one for lastat least for chocolate addicts. Raw oats, banana, Greek yogurt, coconut extract, and cocoa powder create an Almond Joy doppelganger that cuts 10 grams of sugar and 9 grams of fat from the candy bar, and turns up the muscle-building protein content by 9 grams. With just 225 calories, it can provide your chocolate fix anytime.
Get the recipe from Your Cup of Cake.
Blueberry Muffin Batter Smoothie
This smoothie contains vanilla that has few carbohydrates and calories which make it perfect to substitute high sugar consumption.
Theres also oat which adds more fiber to your diet and can also decrease your cholesterol. Oats can make you feel full longer.
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened nut milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cashew butter
Vanilla protein powder can boost your metabolism and aid in weight loss.
Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Greek Yogurt Plain
Because this is made with organic non-fat milk and live active cultures, you can’t go wrong with this plain, thick and delicious Greek-style yogurt. Organically raised cows aren’t subject to the same hormones and antibiotics that conventional cows are no antibiotics for them means no antibiotics for you. Pair a pot with some fresh fruit, raw nuts and a tasty weight loss teas for a complete, healthy breakfast.
Pear Banana Cinnamon Smoothie
Serves: 1Nutrition: 175 calories, 2 g fat, 5 g fiber, 18 g sugar, and 13 g protein
All out of protein powder? Go Greek. A half-cup of plain Greek yogurt serves up roughly the same amount of protein as half a scoop of protein powder. Plus, it doesn’t have a laundry list of ingredients.
Get the recipe from Running to the Kitchen.
You May Like: Banana Almond Milk Smoothie Recipe
Easy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt
This Easy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe with Yogurt is easy to make, and is just 94 calories!
Plus, we have added some protein add-ins should you want to make this a strawberry smoothie for breakfast or meal replacement.
This strawberry smoothie with yogurt recipe makes a great snack, dessert, or breakfast .
Plus, we have supplied you with low calorie tips to making the calories in strawberry smoothie, and all berry smoothies low calorie and healthy!
This Easy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe with Yogurt is easy to make, and is just 94 calories!
Pineapple And Banana Twist
Pineapple is known for having fat-burning properties. People are using raw pineapple as a remedy for obesity.
It is full of an enzyme called Bromelain that can accelerate metabolism, thus speeding up the fat-burning process.
- Almond milk: 1 ½ cup
Nutrition Facts: 41g carbs, 27g protein, 16g fat, 7g fiber, 15g sugar
Read Also: What Time Does Smoothie King Close
Can Smoothies Help You Lose Weight Fast
If you want to lose weight quickly you must burn more calories than you consume thats a key, thats why we are sharing smoothies that can help you to low your calorie intake.
And if you want to keep your weight like that you only burn the same calories you consume and wanna gain weight, you consume more calories than you burn every day, simple like that.
So without wasting more time, lets dive into the smoothies that helped me lose weight quickly, and they may also work for you as well, you wont know unless you try, GIVE IT A TRY!
Healthy Greek Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
Blueberries and kale are both considered superfoods due to their insane amount of nutrients. Combine the two and add some Greek yogurt, and you get an incredibly healthy greek yogurt smoothie. Kale is without a doubt one of the worlds healthiest foods. It is an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamin K, iron, potassium, calcium, and vitamin C. Kale can do wonders for bone health because it contains an abundant amount of vitamin K. Since it contains a lot of vitamin C as well, this leafy green can help strengthen your immune system and keep diseases at bay.
What Youll Need
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
How to Prepare
Pour the yogurt into the blender and then add the remaining ingredients. Its recommended you also add ½ cup ice for a more refreshing smoothie with better consistency. Blend until smooth. This recipe yields 2 servings.
You May Like: How To Make A Smoothie With Frozen Strawberries
Wallaby Organic Whole Milk Kefir Plain
If you’re looking for a basic, full-fat kefir, this is it. Although it tastes great right out of the bottle, we love the idea of using this Wallaby sip to make a smoothie. To whip up a simple drink, blend a half-cup of the stuff with a ¼ cup of fruit, some honey to taste and four or five ice cubes.
RELATED VIDEO: Exciting Ways to Eat Yogurt
Eat This, Not That!
Shopping List For Pineapple Smoothie For Weight Loss:
Healthy Pineapple Smoothie Recipe:
Vegan Pineapple Smoothie Banana Recipe:
- 1 cup pineapple fresh or frozen
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- Maple syrup
- Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
Special Tip: You can find all the measurements in the recipe card below. There you can choose how many servings of this pineapple smoothie with yogurt you want to make, and it will do all the measurement math for you! All of the ingredients for a pineapple fruit smoothie can be doubled or tripled with the click of a button.
Up next, how to make a healthy smoothie with pineapple
Recommended Reading: High Fiber Low Sugar Smoothie
Organic Valley Grassmilk 100% Grass
When you can, splurge for a grass-fed yogurt like this new tub from Organic Valley. Grass-fed cows provide more omega-3 fatty acids and two to five times more conjugated linoleic acid than their corn- and grain-fed counterparts. CLA contains a group of chemicals that provide a wide variety of health benefits, including improved blood-sugar regulation, maintenance of lean body mass and reduced body fat.
Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie Recipe
If youre looking for a good protein-packed, post-workout Greek yogurt smoothie, then this is the perfect recipe for you. The banana and peanut butter make it incredibly delicious, as well as nutritious. Although bananas are usually used to increase creaminess in a smoothie, they represent the main ingredient in this recipe. This fruit is loaded with potassium, a mineral that can reduce the risk of stroke. Bananas may also help prevent diabetes, high blood pressure, and digestive problems.
What Youll Need
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare
If you want a smoother consistency, make sure you add several ice cubes. Blend for two minutes and serve immediately. This recipe yields one serving. In case you want to gain weight, you can add an additional tablespoon of peanut butter. Make sure you also check out our 12 high-calorie smoothie recipes.
Also Check: Organic Smoothie Leave In Treatment
Low Calorie Tips For Healthy Smoothies With Pineapple:
- Greek Yogurt Greek Yogurt in place of milk will help you boost protein without adding so much fat and calories. As a bonus, Greek Yogurt naturally boosts metabolism!
- Bananas If you prefer to make your pineapple smoothies vegan, frozen bananas are great for adding both creaminess and sweetness! Just make sure to slice the bananas before you freeze them.
- Protein Powder If you want to enjoy this healthy pineapple smoothie recipe as a meal replacement, try adding in a scoop of vanilla protein powder!
- Fresh or Frozen Pineapple Skip the sugar soaked cans of pineapple, and get fresh or frozen pineapple. More on why we love frozen fruit in the next point.
- Frozen Fruit I always recommend using frozen fruit. You wont need any ice to make the smoothie cold, or thick. Plus, this means you can enjoy pineapple smoothies all year long!
Lifeway Helios Kefir Nonfat Original
Kefir is 99 percent lactose-free, making it a great yogurt alternative for those with lactose intolerance. This tangy drinkable yogurt is easy to eat on the go and is loaded with 16 grams of protein. Whether or not you can handle dairy, throw it into your shopping cart to mix up your morning routine!
Also Check: Carnation Breakfast Essentials Smoothie Recipes
Incredible Health Benefits Of Smoothies
Smoothies will higher your fiber intake because are made with vegetables and fruits that are packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
They are full of nutrients and flavor and they can increase your overall health and also low risks of chronic. Smoothies are an easy way to grab nutrients on the go.
You can consume smoothies as a breakfast because of the protein that will subdue food cravings and help you to stay away from junk food.
Not all smoothies you can make as a breakfast but the ones that Im about to share with you are the perfects ones because are packed with high fiber, protein, and healthy fat that keep you full longer.
Greek Yogurt Recipe Parfaits
These Greek Yogurt recipes are sweet and delicious they make great breakfasts, or desserts!
The homemade yogurt recipes in this section are long time reader favorites at Lose Weight By Eating, so I grouped them together for easy referencing.
These hearty treats are a great way to get more Greek Yogurt Nutrition!
Read Also: Smoothie King Vegan Mango Kale
The Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
I feel like I always hype up my smoothie recipe way too much! But believe me they are absolutely delicious
All you need to do is pop all the ingredients in a blender and puff, 30 seconds later you got yourself a
- Delicious healthy drink
- Creamy smoothie
- High in protein and nutrient drink
- And can we talk about the fact that it is bright pink! Seriously who doesnt love bright pink foods.
Sure this specific smoothie recipe is quite simple but it can be your secret weapon, the smoothie recipe that you know by heart because of how simple and good it is!
How Yogurt Can Help You Lose Weight
“While no one food is responsible for weight loss, yogurt can be a great addition to a balanced diet that can ultimately help you lose weight,” says Elizabeth Matchett, RDN, CD, and Nutrition Coach at NapTown Fitness.
There are multiple different ways that eating yogurt contributes to weight loss:
- It’s rich in satiating macronutrients. “Yogurt is high in protein and can be low in fat, but it is still a good source of energy and can keep you full and satisfied,” says Matchett. Greek yogurt, in particular, is great for weight loss due to its high protein content. Eating protein-rich Greek yogurt helps to control appetite, which leads to consuming fewer calories later on, according to a study published in Nutrition Journal.
- Yogurt is one of the best probiotic foods. The fermented dairy product also contains probiotics that help foster a healthy gut, which research shows can encourage weight loss and fat loss.
- You can use yogurt as a nutrient-dense substitute for high-calorie ingredients. “Yogurt can also aid in weight loss as it is often replacing other high-calorie meals, such as a buttery bagel for breakfast. Whether decked out in a parfait, substituted for heavy cream in a sauce or whipped into salad dressings, yogurt is the perfect low-calorie substitute to jazz up your favorite dish and cut the calories!” dietitian Bonnie Balk, RD, a Health & Wellness Expert for Maple Holistics tells Eat This, Not That!
You May Like: Best Leafy Greens For Smoothies
Is Strawberry Banana Smoothie Yogurt Healthy
Yes! Strawberry banana smoothies with yogurt are pretty healthy usually. The addition of greek yogurt to this drink helps build a healthy microbiome to make your gut a whole lot healthier. Yogurt also contains protein, calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and B12. So this healthy dessert smoothie is not only delicious but it is full of healthy nutrients for you!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DONT FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON , , AND .
Differences Between Regular And Greek Yogurt
The Greek process makes this type of yogurt different from regular yogurt in the following ways:
- Taste and texture Greek yogurt has a thicker texture than regular one, which makes it an ideal smoothie thickener as well as a great substitute for sour cream and crème fraiche. The taste is tangier if you havent tasted it before, definitely give it a try and see how you like it.
- Carbs Greek yogurt contains about half the carbohydrates of a regular yogurt.For the lowest carb count, choose the yogurts that contain less added sugar.
- Protein Greek yogurt contains roughly double the amount of protein than regular yogurt. This makes it ideal for workout smoothies, as well as feeling fuller for longer if youre looking to lose weight.
- Sodium Greek yogurt is lower in sodium compared to regular yogurt about half the amount!
- Fat Normally, Greek yogurt contains almost three times the saturated fat of regular yogurt. Thats why I always choose one of the non-fat or lower fat varieties.
Greek yogurt is available in plain or flavored, different fat concentrations in the milk, and from sources around the world.
Want to lose weight with smoothies?
Get our secret smoothie recipes e-book for free!Delicious * Easy * Quick
smoothie recipes to lose weight ebook
You May Like: Smoothie King Team Member Job Description