Tips For Freezing Watermelon
- Cut watermelon into 1 chunks and remove seeds, if needed.
- Store it in an airtight container or freezer bag.
- For even faster smoothies, store in individual size freezer bags so you can make an individual serving without having to thaw the whole container.
When picking out frozen strawberries, be sure to check the ingredients list. Some frozen brands add sugar, but strawberries are plenty sweet on their own! Make sure you grab a bag with no added sweetener.
If youre looking for more watermelon ideas, try this watermelon and feta salad! Its perfect for a barbecue or picnic!
Looking for another low sugar smoothie idea? Try this blueberry and avocado smoothie recipe!
How To Make Watermelon Smoothie
Place 3 cups frozen watermelon, 1 cup frozen strawberries, ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt, ½ tablespoon maple syrup, ½ cup whole milk, and ¼ cup mint leaves in the jar of a high-speed blender.
Note If the watermelon and strawberries are too hard, thaw them for 5 minutes to ease the blending process.
Blend until smooth, adding more water as needed if the smoothie is too thick.
Taste and add additional maple syrup if youd like the smoothie sweeter. Garnish with a wedge of watermelon and a sprig of mint and serve immediately.
Why This Easy Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie Is Healthy
- Cocoa powder contains flavonoids. These have antioxidant effects and can reduce cell damage which have been linked to heart disease.
- Greek yogurt contains protein. Vital for cell growth and repairing tissue. This smoothie would be great after a workout!
- Strawberries are a great source of vitamins C and K. And provide a good dose of your daily fibre requirement.
- Eating bananas can help to lower blood pressure and reduce the risks of cancer.
Read Also: Smoothie Books For Weight Loss
Also Check: Smoothie King Slim N-trim Recipes
Why This Is The Best Watermelon Banana Smoothie:
- You only need 3 ingredients. Just banana, watermelon and ice. Its possibly one of the easiest smoothies to make. But even though its simple doesnt mean it doesnt taste as good as other smoothies. Sometimes the simplest is the best, and that is definitely the case here.
- It doesnt have yogurt. Some smoothies taste better without yogurt. In this smoothie, yogurt takes away from the refreshing slightly slushy texture and pure watermelon flavor, adding a sourness that is not enjoyable.
- Its easy to make a large batch. If youre having a barbecue or brunch get together, this is an easy smoothie to quickly make for a large group of people.
What If I Wanted More Ice In My Strawberry Smoothie
I get it, its tastier to have a cold smoothie, and it helps you to gulp down those extra veggies youve added to create a regular diet mix. But it will make your smoothie tasteless once the ice has melted. So I advise you finish your smoothie quickly to avoid that watery taste!
But how can you do that all the time?
- This will do the trick! Freeze one or all of the different fruits that you have chosen before making the smoothie. That way, you will get to drink the smoothie consistency without sacrificing any taste. If you lose its coldness along the way, get more frozen fruit and drop it in. Fruit ice, anyone?
To make it more fun to follow these steps, here is a video that shows you how to do it. In this video, she chooses not to add any sweetener to the mix. Enjoy!
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Box Office
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Map
Extra Information About Watermelon Smoothie
You can add some peanuts on watermelon smoothie for weight loss. Smoothie should be consumed cold and please put it into the refrigerator. Also, you can put some ice while mixing in the blender but I prefer it to be waiting in the refrigerator. Your choice, your taste.
Extra information about watermelon smoothie
Some benefits of watermelon smoothie for weight loss
- Watermelon, which has rich content of vitamin A that helps the eyes produce retinal pigments. Watermelon, also rich in beta-carotene, reduces the rate of night blindness.
- It is also a rich source in vitamin C and strengthens the immune system and protects cells against cancer.
- It is rich in potassium, watermelon strengthens the tissues of the nervous system. It is also a natural food source for muscle pain and insomnia problems.
- It prevents infections in urine. Since it has a high water ratio, it helps the kidneys to work better. Watermelon, which eliminates the water need of the body, prevents the formation of sebaceous glands in the liver and skin.
- Experts state that consuming 4-5 slices of watermelon during hot weather is good for sudden brain hemorrhages and heart problems. It also reduces palsy and stroke risks.
- Watermelon contains plenty of vitamin B6. This vitamin produces the hormone serotonin in the brain. This reduces the likelihood of the person eating watermelon to be depressed.
You can lose weights in a tasty way. Try it, before comment it. Also, you can check for more healthy smoothie recipes.
How To Make An Easy Watermelon Smoothie
I kept this smoothie recipe simple because I wanted the melon to be the star of the show and not have a bunch of other flavors competing with it. The result is a super refreshing smoothie, with a very pronounced watermelon flavor.
In addition to fresh seedless watermelon, I added frozen sliced strawberries to thicken the smoothie up and give it that milkshake-like consistency that I love. The berries also add a little bit of sweetness without overpowering the watermelon flavor. Some fresh lime juice balances everything out and keeps this watermelon smoothie from being too sweet, while a splash of coconut milk rounds it out and transforms it into creamy deliciousness.
As is, this watermelon smoothie is perfect with your breakfast, as a cool mid-afternoon treat, or as a healthy dessert.
Don’t Miss: 10 Day Smoothie Diet Recipes
What Else Can You Add To The Smoothie
Apart from those mentioned above, you can add the following the smoothie. Add to your watermelon yoghurt smoothie any of the following.
- You can add sweetener. Watermelon and strawberry blend perfectly. Add about ½ tablespoon of honey for a fantastic taste.
- You can add mint that makes the smoothie more refreshing.
- Add basil, more herbaceous to the smoothie.
- You can also add lime. For a watermelon mojito smoothie, add lime and mint for an amazing flavour.
Fresh Summer Watermelon Smoothie
The smoothie includes fennel which tastes a bit like aniseed but really adds a kick to the recipe. he avocado balances out the watery nature of the avocado and gives the smoothie a creamy texture. This is a good smoothie for you if you dont like it to be oversweet. Its an interesting taste and Im sure youll find it as refreshing as I do.
Fennel is in season at the moment but a lot of big supermarkets will sell fennel all year round. If you cant find fennel you could add some crushed fennel seeds to the salad and smoothie instead or just leave it out completely. It will still taste great without the fennel.
Recommended Reading: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipes
Is Watermelon Smoothie Healthy
A bite-sized piece of watermelon contains roughly 92% water, so its no surprise that watermelon is a super hydrating fruit.
In some studies, watermelon supplementation has been shown to reduce arterial stiffness in artery walls. It also comes with many health benefits thanks to being rich in lycopene and beta-carotene, which well discuss later.
Super Easy Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
Watermelon Banana Yogurt Smoothie Ingredients: 4 cups Watermelon 1 cup unflavored low fat Yogurt 1 small Banana White Sugar to taste Watermelon Banana Yogurt Smoothie Instructions: Combine the watermelon chunks, chopped banana, sugar and yogurt in a blender. Blend until smooth. Test the taste and add sugar if needed.
Banana And Melon Smoothie Supervalu. Melon And Watermelon Smoothie Love My Salad. 71 Smoothies Without Bananas Greenblender. Melon Chiller Kawaling Pinoy. See also Chuy S Swirl Margarita Recipe. 10 Best Cantaloupe Smoothie Milk Recipes. Blueberry Banana Smoothie. 10 Best Melon Smoothie Milk Recipes.
Triple Berry Banana Watermelon Smoothie. 4.5 from 2 votes. Leave A Review Print Recipe. Course Breakfast, Gluten Free, Smoothie, Snack, Vegan. Keyword watermelon smoothie. Prep Time 5 minutes. Total Time 5 minutes. Serves 2. A creamy, refreshing triple berry watermelon smoothie use up that summer produce in this healthy smoothie recipe!
For example, this recipe includes a ½ cup of watermelon per serving. That amount of watermelon contains about 5.5 grams of carbohydrates, 0.3 grams of fiber, and 4.5 grams of sugar. So while this fruit isnt the lowest in carbs or sugar, recipes like smoothies mean you can limit the serving size while still getting to enjoy the flavor.
Read Also: Smoothies For Depression And Anxiety
Are Smoothie Bowls Good For Weight Loss
Yes! Smoothie bowls are good for weight loss. Instead of your typical sugar loaded dessert, try making a smoothie bowl. A smoothie bowl is basically like a gelato or sorbet, with no sugar added!
To make an even more balanced smoothie bowl, you can add some frozen vegetables in too! Some of my favorite tasteless vegetables to use in smoothies are spinach and frozen zucchini.
Benefits Of Drinking Healthy Smoothies
Have you wondered about the benefits of drinking smoothies? Do you take it when you feel like taking, or are they beneficial? Find out here.
With so many benefits provided by smoothies, you must not stop yourself from taking it. Consume it for multiple health benefits.
- 1 inch-3 cups watermelon cubes
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- Half cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- Half tablespoon honey
- Half cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- Put all the ingredients- watermelon, strawberries, yogurt, water, honey, and mint in a blender.
- Blend it till you get a smooth mixture and add water if necessary.
- If you want the smoothie more, add honey according to your choice.
- You can also add additional mint or basil if required.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Benefits
How To Make Our Watermelon Smoothie :
A few things to know before you get going.
First, just every time you buy a watermelon for this purpose, cut it up in chunks and store the chunks in bags in the freezer. 2 cup portions works nicely thats enough for one large smoothie or two small ones. That way you dont have to go trying to break apart a huge block of frozen watermelon when the watermelon smoothie craving hits.
Second, toss in whatever add-ins feel necessary. If youve got basil, throw a few basil leaves in. If a spritzer is more your style, add some La Croix which is more than likely already in your fridge because life loves La Croix, right? If youre looking for more of a party drink, put your mixology hat on and GO. Also invite me over please k thanks see you soon.
Thirdly, if you want the slushie-like consistency to stay smooth and uniform, serve it right away. Especially if it the glasses are going outside for any length of time. The longer you wait, the more you will notice the icy slushie parts rising to the top of the glass and the juicy, uhh, juice sinking to the bottom. Which, to be honest, leaves you with a serious juice treat when you stick your straw in and start drinking , but maybe youre looking for more of a non-juicy smoothie experience, in which case serve immediately.
Tips For Making A Great Watermelon Smoothie
- You dont need to add any extra liquid or ice to make this smoothie blend.
- Use seedless watermelon. You can guess why.
- Make sure to use frozen strawberries, rather than fresh, so your smoothie has a nice frosty texture
- The recipe as written yields a drinkable smoothie. For a slushy-type drink you can eat with a spoon, try freezing cubes of watermelon first, and using a food processor to puree the fruits.
- Drink your smoothie when its fresh! Blended watermelon tends to separate if it sits for too long.
- You can try subbing other frozen fruits for a slightly twist on the taste and texture. Raspberries, and cherries are especially nice.
- If you have extra strawberry watermelon smoothie, pour it into pop molds and freeze for a totally delightful whole fruit pop another day.
Easy Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
This Watermelon Smoothie is a fresh and delicious drink especially during the summer to help keep you cool, refreshed and hydrated. I am sharing a light, delicious and such an easy watermelon smoothie recipe with you today that will help get you through these long, hot summer days! Keep reading for the full recipe and snag the printable recipe at the bottom of the post. You should also check out my Pineapple Smoothie recipe for another delicious and refreshing summer smoothie!
Affiliate links included for your convenience. By purchasing through these links, I receive a small commission but you never pay a penny more. Thank you for supporting my blog.
How To Make A Peach And Watermelon Smoothie
This peach smoothie recipe combines the Summer freshness of peaches with the sweet and juicy lift of watermelon.
My 3 year old calls this peach and watermelon smoothie The Delightful. Sure to enliven your senses, it smells full of Summer and looks just a bit pinker than peach. Its sweet and creamy but still has the slight tanginess of the peaches. If it made a noise itd be singing.
Were fortunate that our generous neighbours have a peach tree that fruits abundantly. The kids get excited about picking peaches fresh from the tree and eat half of them straight away, juice and sticky fingers everywhere. Once weve collected a bagful of fresh peaches, we come home and whip up this peach and watermelon smoothie in less than 5 minutes.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Ticket Office
Why Watermelon Is So Good For You
- The ultimate hydration boost! Did you know watermelon is made up of 92% water? With that high percentage of water, plus loads of fiber, it will make you feel fuller longer without consuming tons of calories.
- Can improve digestion. The powerful combination of water and fiber helps to improve bowel movements.
- Loaded with antioxidants. Watermelon is not only high in lycopene , but also beta-carotene, cucurbitacin, and Vitamin C.
- Toss everything into a blender
- This blends into a perfectly creamy watermelon smoothie!
Timesaving Tips To Make This Perfect Every Time
- Use leftover smoothie mix to make ice cubes.
- Prepare the cut watermelon earlier in the day. Remove all rind and as many seeds as you can. Store in the refrigerator until, ready to make.
- Serve with a straw and a slice of lime.
- To easily and safely clean your blender after making smoothies, when the blender is empty, add a cup of warm soapy water and pulse several times to clean.
Also Check: Mielle Twisting Souffle Review
Watermelon Smoothie Health Benefits
This easy smoothie recipe offers more than just good sips. Here are a few watermelon smoothie benefits:
- Because of the high water content in watermelon, this smoothie is exceptionally hydrating.
- Watermelon is packed with Vitamin-C, Vitamin-A, and numerous antioxidants.
Should I Use Fresh Or Frozen Watermelon For This Smoothie
You can actually use either. While I recommend you use frozen banana to create that necessary smoothie creaminess, you can go with fresh watermelon and the smoothie will have a slightly thinner consistency, or freeze chunks of watermelon ahead of time to give the smoothie a much thicker consistency.
I like my smoothies on the thicker side, so I chose to freeze the watermelon and ended up with a great texture, but if you havent had a chance to freeze any watermelon, or want to skip that step, youll still get a great result!
You May Like: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipe
Health Benefits Of Watermelon Smoothie
Watermelon is a healthy fruit. Because of its high water content, it provides many crucial nutrients and other essentials to the body.
- Watermelon has high water content. It keeps you hydrated and full.
- If you add strawberries to the smoothie, you will get added antioxidants and fibre.
- Watermelon has carotenoids, beta-carotene, lycopene, citrulline, vitamin A and vitamin C. With so many benefits, prepare a watermelon smoothie and consume it for multiple nutrients.
- Researchers say that lycopene and other components in watermelon and this is great for anti-cancer effects.
- Heart diseases are growing at a rapid scale. But watermelon smoothie is excellent to improve heart health. Experts say that lycopene helps lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Many nutrients in watermelon provide many benefits in keeping your heart healthy.
- Watermelon helps lower inflammation and oxidative stress. Lycopene and vitamin C found in watermelon helps in brain health.
- Lycopene is found in many parts of the eye, and it prevents macular degeneration. Lycopene keeps the eye healthy.
- It helps relieve muscle soreness. Citrulline reduces muscle soreness. Watermelon juice has potential as a recovery beverage after your exercises.
- Vitamin A and vitamin C found in watermelon is excellent for your skin and hair. Some help skin supple while others protect from sunburn.
- Watermelon contains a lot of water and fibre. It is excellent for healthy digestion.