How To Make A Smoothie Without Bananas:
Bananas are the backbone of my simple smoothie recipes. They add so much creaminess, and natural sweetness while being inexpensive. That being said, I know not everyone likes/eats bananas. If you arent into bananas, you can add some Greek yogurt + sweetener + ice OR a half of an avocado + sweetener + ice. Those two combos will replace a banana nicely in a smoothie and still give you a nice rich and smooth texture.
How To Make Homemade Smoothies
Homemade smoothies are a tasty way to add extra servings of fruits and vegetables into your diet. Whether you are looking for a delicious way to start your day or just need a healthier afternoon snack, knowing how to make a smoothie is a great way to expand your culinary knowledge and build your kitchen confidence.
How To Make A Smoothie Step
Buy It:NutriBullet Blender Combo
Just remember this simple formula: Fruit + Juice + Dairy/Dairy Substitute + Ice = Easy Smoothie Recipe Win.
Follow our Test Kitchen pro tips below to design your own smoothie recipe, then learn how to transform it into a smoothie bowl and how to give it an über-rich and creamy consistency. Sweet!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Arena Events
Whats The Best Liquid For Making Smoothies
We like to use milk of choice. If youre a fan of coconut milk, use it. Like cows milk? Go for it. A fan of almond milk? Cool. Use whatever milk you like in your smoothiesyou cant go wrong. I just recommend you stick to unsweetened and unflavored versions. That gives you the most control over the smoothie.
A Good Blender Is Worth It
I got a Blendtec just over 2 years ago, and I can never go back to a normal blender again. Mine tells me how many times Ive used it and Im a few smoothies away from 800 blends! Thats amazing, and it also shows how much I have used it. A good blender will whip you up a thick delicious smoothie with no chunks in about 45 seconds. If you are going to go green on any of your smoothies, a good blender is the key to getting all those healthy leafy greens to blend and have a great texture. I love my high power blender and highly recommend one.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Seating View
Now Lets Jump In For How To Make A Smoothie Step By Step
Portion out all of the ingredients called for. Here were making my Pina Colada Green Smoothie using a mix of frozen mango and pineapple, . For my greens I love using pre-washed greens because theyre quick and easy.
Im definitely taking great liberties with my written recipe but next were using a mix of Greek yogurt and almond milk, in place of the coconut milk and coconut water, along with a touch of vanilla extract. From there Im adding 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds and 1 serving of Hawaiian sprirulina.
Once you get the hang of mixing things up with the recipes, you wont have to worry about overdoing it and ruining your smoothies with the basic smoothie formula.
Add the ingredients to the blender starting with the liquids and fiber, then add the superfoods, greens if youre using them, then the frozen fruit/frozen ingredients on top.
Key tip: Blend until smooth, its longer than you think. Try setting a timer and blending for 1 full minute and see how creamy the texture will get!
Basic Steps To Make A Smoothie
Recommended Reading: Anti Anxiety Smoothie
Four: Add Ice And Blend
The amount of ice you use depends on how thick you want your smoothie recipe to be. Start with about 1 cup crushed ice for a fairly thick smoothie that is still drinkable with a straw. Omit the ice if using frozen fruit or if you want the smoothie to be thinner and less cold. Cover and blend until nearly smooth. Pour into a cup or thermal to-go drink container and slurp up every last drop.
Are You Looking For Even More Smoothies No Worries Weve Got You Covered:
- Clementine Avocado Smoothie. If youve never added avocado to your smoothie before, you are missing out! The flavor is so mild, that you cant taste it, but the texture is dreamy, creamy smooth, and the healthy added fats help keep your fuller longer.
- Cold Buster Smoothie. When youre feeling under the weather and your throat is sore, this smoothie for colds is soothing and nourishing.
- Coffee Smoothie. Get a jolt of caffeine and your breakfast all in one cup! This is packed full of coffee flavor.
- Persimmon Smoothie. Packed full of autumnal flavor, this spiced smoothie is creamy and sweet!
- Spinach and Pear Smoothie. Bright green and fresh in flavor, this smoothie is a perfect light breakfast.
- Sweet Potato Smoothie. Sweet potato in a smoothie? YUP! It tastes like a delicious pie. Youll love it!
- Apple Smoothie. This smoothie is packed full of healthy spinach, but tastes like apple pie!
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. This pumpkin smoothie is perfect for the weather is still warm but your heart wants fall to show up.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie. This smoothie is rich and dark, and it tastes decadent enough you could sip on it for dessert!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie. All the flavors of your favorite sandwich in a tasty smoothie! Pick your favorite jelly to add to this peanut butter smoothie.
- Tart Cherry and Spinach Smoothies. We show serving this cherry smoothie as a light breakfast in a bowl, but you could easily pour it in a glass and sip away!
Read Also: 10 Day Detox Smoothie Diet
Low Sugar Chocolate Mocha Smoothie
This Low Sugar Chocolate Mocha Smoothie is perfect for those who are limiting the amount of sugar in their diet. This smoothie has less than 5 grams of sugar and instead uses stevia, a natural sweetener that comes from a plant native to South America. Raspberries are also added for a sweet flavor however, raspberries
You May Like: Tropical Smoothie Bradlee Shopping Center
Energizing Mango Spinach Smoothie
The mango spinach smoothie only has 5 ingredients, but it is a perfect source of natural energy. Not only is mango really high in vitamin C, but it has plenty of natural sugar that will wake you up. Plus, the avocado and spinach have so much fiber and healthy fats that you will feel full for longer.
Recommended Reading: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie
How To Make This Watermelon Smoothie
This refreshing summer smoothie comes together in just 5 minutes! Check my ultimate list of tips and tricks in this post on How to Make a Smoothie.
The 19 Best Almond Milk Smoothies For Weight Loss
If you are trying to lose weight but find yourself craving sugary treats why not try incorporating some of these almond milk smoothie recipes into your diet plan?
Each smoothie contains, at least, one portion of your five a day and is so delicious that it is guaranteed to keep you from falling off the wagon.
Made from nuts, almond milk is a creamy dairy-free alternative to regular cows milk.
It contains a multitude of vitamins and antioxidants, not to mention the incredibly high protein and fiber content that can help contribute towards a healthy body.
It is extremely low in calories with virtually no fat, making it the perfect ingredient in smoothies for those individuals watching their waistlines.
Try a smoothie with almond milk for a delicious treat perfect at any time of the day.
Whether you need breakfast on the go, an afternoon pick me up or a satisfying dessert we have a smoothie recipe with almond milk for every occasion.
If youre one of those people that always finds themselves on-the-go and has no time to prepare these recipes, These pre packaged almond milk smoothies are a great alternative.
You May Like: Smoothie King Box Office
What Do I Need For Your Mixed Berry Smoothie Recipe
In all likelihood, you already have everything you need in your kitchen! Youll need:
- Frozen bananas. The banana will up the fruity flavor, while also adding sweetness and creaminess.
- Frozen berries. You can use whatever frozen berries that make you happystrawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, or a mix! If you head to the frozen fruit section at your local grocery store, youll probably spy a few bags of mixed berries. These are my favorite for this smoothie!
- Milk. Any kind of milk will workcows milk, soy milk, coconut milk, unsweetened almond milk. Whatever you have!
- Plain Greek yogurt. Not only does yogurt make the smoothie even creamier, but it also gives it a boost of protein, so you arent hungry again 30 minutes after finishing your drink.
- Honey or maple syrup. You may or may not need this one, depending on how ripe your banana is.
Even If Your Morning Routine Is More Like A Hectic Morning Rush These Smoothie Recipes Make For A Quick And Easy Breakfast That Can Help You Jumpstart Your Day
If your morning routine is more like a hectic morning rush, you may think you don’t have time for a healthy breakfast, but a smoothie is a quick and easy meal that can be made in minutes. It’s an excellent way to power your morning and get a boost from nutrient rich fruits and veggies.
Even if you’re unsure about adding another item to your morning to-do list, there are many effortless strategies for prepping your smoothies in advance. Over the weekend or on an evening when you have some extra time, you can portion your smoothies in single serving freezer bags. On a busy morning, you can simply pull out a smoothie pack of frozen fruits and mix-ins, empty it into your blender with the liquid of your choice, and blend.
If over time your new morning smoothie routine becomes too, well, routine, you can easily change up your smoothie recipe. With just a few tips, its easy to customize your smoothie and create new combinations. Whether you prefer your breakfast bright and fruity or sweet and nutty, theres a healthy, delicious smoothie recipe that will help you jumpstart your morning.
Don’t Miss: Mielle Twisting Souffle Review
How To Make A Smoothie Without A Blender
If you want to make a smoothie without a blender, there are a couple of other options. In a pinch, you can make a smoothie a food processor, but be ready for some more clean up. Your food processor might not be made to lock in liquids, so there could be some leaks. Plus, its got several pieces, including a removable blade, which will need individual cleaning.
For making an individual smoothie, you can use an immersion blendera handheld version of a blender, which can come at a lower price. Simply dip the immersion blender into an unbreakable cup or bowl containing your ingredients and turn it on to mix. A good quality one will break up your ice just as well as a standard blender will. Plus, immersion blenders dont take up much space and tend to be easy to clean.
Smoothie King Island Impact Recipe
The island impact is a tropical smoothie loaded with fruit and protein ideal for summer. It consists of fruits , juice , ice, and protein powder.
Use frozen fruit and a few ice cubes to get a thick consistency.
If you dont have cacao powder, use dark chocolate.
1. Add banana, mil, butter pecan ice cream, cacao powder, whey protein, and ice, then blend until smooth and thick.
2.Serve in a glass and enjoy.
One Smoothie King Hulk Chocolate Smoothie serving has 760 calories with 54 % carbohydrates, 12% protein, and 35 % fat.
Nutrients include 400mg sodium, 216g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 98g sugar,105mg cholesterol, and 25g protein.
Also Check: Smoothie King Ingredients
There Is No Right Or Wrong Way To Make A Smoothie
These are recipes in a very loose sense of the world. Theyll give you a great place to start, but dont feel like you need to stick with them to make a delicious tasting smoothie. I do very little measuring when I make my daily smoothie and often will just throw in what I have on hand. If you are working with frozen fruit, you probably wont need ice. But if you are using fresh fruit, throw in some ice. A super cold smoothie is best if you ask me. If the smoothie is too thick or not blending well, add more milk.
What Are The Steps For Making Homemade Smoothies
Homemade smoothies are one of the easiest things to make in the kitchen. In fact, there are only 5 simple steps.
Out of all of those steps, the last one is the most important. When using fresh fruits and vegetables their flavor may not always be uniform. Todays strawberry smoothie may be sweeter than yesterdays. The best time to fix it is before its in your glass and youve cleaned up the mess.
You May Like: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie Conditioner
Tips For Making The Best High Protein Fruit Smoothies
So, the best thing about smoothies is that they are packed with nutrition and easy to make. They are delicious, full of fiber, and a great way to boost weight loss. To make the best high protein fruit smoothies ever, keep these tips in mind:
- Use unsweetened almond milk as your liquid because it is low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals, and also gives a good consistency
- Loading your blender in this order typically works best liquid, not frozen veggies or fruits, greens if you are adding any, then the frozen fruits and veggies, and finally, the protein powder
- If you find your smoothie to be too sweet, add lemon juice
- If the taste is too bitter, add pineapple, orange, or banana
- Natural sweeteners like honey and pure maple syrup work great in smoothies
- Avocado can add creaminess to a smoothie, not to mention a load of nutrition
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the shake
Recommended Reading: Protein Shake Smoothie King
What Should I Put In My Smoothie
The great thing about a fruit smoothie recipe is that the customization opportunities are virtually endless. Heres a quick run through of what I usually put in my smoothies:
- Milk or Juice: you can use dairy milk, non-dairy milk, juice, or even coconut water really any liquid goes! You can even use cold tea.
- Greek Yogurt: yogurt is a great way to kick the protein up a notch and to make a deliciously thick and creamy texture. Dairy-free, plant-based yogurt works well, too, and you can skip it if you need .
- Banana: I love to keep frozen, sliced banana on-hand. The frozen banana makes it extra creamy and acts as a natural sweetener.
- Berries/Other Fruit: any frozen fruit work great in smoothies! Pineapple, mango, and berries are our favorites.
- Add-Ins: you can customize it with so many different add-ins. Protein powders, nuts or seeds, oats, extracts, sweeteners, even avocado!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Seat Numbers
How To Make Any Berry Smoothie At Home
Its hard to top the classic fruity tartness of a mixed berry smoothie! This beautifully pink smoothie is a breeze to make, and its packed full of wonderful flavor and nourishing antioxidants.
This mixed berry smoothie is infinitely adaptable because you get to choose what frozen berries make up your smoothie! Craft your perfect combination of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberriesor take a shortcut and used mixed frozen berries from the frozen fruit section of your supermarket.
What Blender Should I Use For A Smoothie
I truly believe a good blender is worth it. I got a Blendtec a few years ago, and Ill never go back to a normal blender again. A good blender will whip you up a thick and delicious smoothie with no chunks in about 45 seconds.
And, if youre adding leafy greens, a good blender will make sure theyre blended up nicely and have a great texture! Mine gives me a count for how many times Ive used it, and its well past the 800 mark. So, its definitely worth the investment, in my opinion, especially if you have a family full of smoothie lovers!
Read Also: Evening Smoothies For Weight Loss
Choosing Fresh Or Frozen Fruits And Vegetables
When it comes to what goes in your smoothie, only you can decide. There are no wrong answers here!
Pros of Fresh Fruit & Vegetables: Its a great way to use up fruit that is no longer visually appealing, but still tastes good. Think browning bananas, soft strawberries, blackberries so ripe they are falling apart. All still have good flavor, but arent what youd pick first out of the fruit basket on the counter.
Cons of Fresh Fruit & Vegetables: You have to make your smoothies on your fruits schedule, not your own. If those fresh fruits no longer taste good, they wont make your smoothie taste good. If the fruit is underripe, it will be harder to blend and may not make for the smoothest smoothie.
Pros of Frozen Fruit& Vegetables: Frozen fruit makes a thicker texture that stays colder longer without watering down the flavor. Most frozen fruit is picked at peak ripeness. You can have summer blackberries in January or tree ripe peaches in March. Also, unless you are shopping an in-season market stand, frozen fruit is usually cheaper than fresh.
Cons of Frozen Fruit& Vegetables: If you arent using a high power blender, frozen solid fruit may be more than it can handle. While my Vitamix does just fine with it, my stick blender would leave frozen fruit in chunks. Let the frozen fruit thaw on the counter for 10 minutes or so before making your smoothie.