Making Smoothie Packs For Easy Morning Smoothies
Smoothie freezer packs are so popular, and for good reason: they make even quicker work of making morning smoothies. Instead of buying premade ones, you can turn this smoothie recipe into pre-made smoothie packs you can keep in your freezer ready to go anytime you want a Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie.
To make peanut butter and banana smoothie packs: Simply place all the ingredients, except the milk, inside of a plastic or a reusable bag and freeze until ready to use, up to one month.
When you are ready to use it, simply dump the ingredients from the bag, add in the milk and blend it.
Best Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe
A peanut butter banana smoothie is a classic combo that you must have in your smoothie-making repertoireespecially if you have kids in the house! Kids love the sweet and nutty flavor of a peanut butter banana smoothie. Its a must-have in every parents kitchen toolbox!
The great thing about this smoothie for kids and grown-ups alike is that it is packed with so much protein, healthy fats, and other nutrients that you dont need to worry about tossing in extra protein powder to make a nourishing, satisfying smoothie! Lets get blending.
How To Make Peanut Butter And Banana Smoothie
Don’t Miss: Smoothies To Build Immune System
Is This Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Healthy
This smoothie is made with healthy ingredients, although I understand these days there are so many differing opinions on what healthy means. Here is what a healthy Peanut Butter Banana smoothie means to us:
- It includes real, whole fruit not just fruit juice, jellies or sauces
- It includes protein often in the form of nut butter or Greek yogurt, but milk also adds protein
- It includes fibre most fruits are a good source of fibre, but we often add wheat bran, ground flax or quick oats as well
- Its low in added sugar sometimes you need a bit of honey to make things work, thats okay. We just try to keep it on the low side and let the natural sweetness shine through
- It includes fat we know that our bodies need fat to absorb nutrients, so its a must have in any healthy smoothie recipe. In this recipe, the peanut butter adds fat as does the Greek yogurt . You can also add coconut oil, or another healthy fat you enjoy
How To Thicken A Smoothie
I love a good smoothie that has a milkshake-like texture. Here are 3 tricks to make sure your smoothie turns out nice & thick:
You can also add ice to help thicken a smoothie, but keep in mind that the ice will dilute the flavor. This peanut butter banana smoothie is so delicious as written, you wont want to change the taste!
Don’t Miss: How Yo Make A Smoothie
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
You can also turn this recipe into a smoothie bowl by making the smoothie thicker using only ¾ cup milk.
Also, make sure to use frozen berries and frozen banana to help you get that thick consistency.
Once blended, pour into a bowl and add your choice of smoothie bowl toppings.
Some fun topping ideas would be nuts, seeds, sliced fresh fruit, granola, honey, cacao nibs and an extra drizzle of peanut butter.
Our Favorite Nutritional Boosters
This easy chocolate peanut butter smoothie is great for adding your go-to nutritional boosters. Here are some of our favorites to add:
- Flaxseed meal: this is one of my favorite ingredients to add to smoothies for a little boost of fiber and minerals, and is especially great for nursing mamas as flaxseed can help increase milk supply. Usually, a tablespoon is plenty! Heres a brand I love.
- Hemp seeds: feel free to throw a tablespoon of hemp seeds into your smoothie for a boost of healthy fats, omegas and minerals.
- More veggies: you could also try adding some frozen cauliflower for an extra boost, or adding a handful of spinach or kale. Youll never be able to taste them!
- Protein: Easily add more protein to a smoothie by adding some greek yogurt or 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder. I recommend Vital Protein collagen peptides or Four Sigmatic Plant-Based Protein Powder.
Don’t Miss: How Much Is It To Franchise A Smoothie King
How To Make A Smoothie:
Making a smoothie is easy, but there are a few tips and tricks to make them the best ever.
Remember to start with the most fluid ingredients at the bottom, and the hardest to blend at the top. You can put your own spin on the ingredients, but try to keep the ratios the same for a nice, thick, satisfying smoothie.
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie ingredients
- Place ingredients in blender
- Blend until smooth
Easy Preparation With A Gourmet Taste
The reason this smoothie recipe works so well is because each of the three ingredients used ends up offering a whole lot to the overall package. Starting with the large sliced frozen banana, youll be getting a lot of essential nutrients including fiber, potassium, B-vitamins, and a surprisingly potent amount of antioxidants. Bananas arent usually the first fruit that people think of when they picture antioxidant rich food sources but theyre definitely an excellent option for providing your body with bioactive compounds that help to fight the oxidative stress that can contribute to disease.
In order to make this smoothie nice and satisfying youll be adding two tablespoons of natural peanut butter. This provides a solid mix of three healthy fat types saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated. While many people unfortunately still tend to shy away from saturated fats, they definitely arent the heart disease causing demon that theyve been made out to be over the years. Instead, saturated fats should definitely be a part of a balanced diet its the trans fats that you should be avoiding. Consuming essential fatty acids is an excellent way to improve your overall cholesterol profile and reduce your risk of heart disease.
Read Also: Bone Broth Protein Powder Smoothie Recipes
How To Make Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is SO simple to make. Put all of the ingredients in the blender and mix. That is it!
My favorite blender is the KitchenAid K400 Blender. It easily blends tough ingredients, like ice and frozen fruit. The blender has a 5-speed variable speed dial, making it easy to control taste and texture. Or you can use the easy 3 Preset Recipe Programs: Ice Crush, Icy Drinks, and Smoothie. The blender comes in a variety of colors and is a beauty! I use my blender every single day-its basically my bff in the kitchen.
Is This Smoothie Sweet
Not especially. Any sweetness in it comes from the bananas. So the riper they are, the sweeter your smoothie would be. We opted not to include any added sweetener, because we really wanted this to be more on the healthy side. All that being said, you can add in a tablespoon or two of maple syrup or honey to your smoothie if it isnt quite sweet enough for you!
Recommended Reading: Add Smoothie King Points From Receipt
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut butter and banana is a fan favorite when it comes to flavor combos. Thats why this peanut butter banana smoothie is a show-stopping smoothie recipe you need to make!
We kept this peanut butter and banana smoothie recipe simple with just 6 total ingredients! Keep reading to get the recipe and dig in!
Shopping List For Healthy Peanut Butter Smoothies:
Special Tip: You can find all the measurements in the recipe card below. There you can choose how many servings of this healthy banana peanut butter smoothie you want to make, and it will do all the measurement math for you! All of the ingredients for these low calorie peanut butter banana smoothie recipes can be doubled or tripled with the click of a button.
Up next, how to make a peanut butter smoothie healthy and protein packed
Read Also: How To Make Smoothie Meal Replacement
Pb And Banana Smoothie
A smoothie is the ultimate quick breakfast or snack in every season, and this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is one of our all-time favorites. There is more to our recipe than just peanut butter and banana though, because we wanted to make sure this smoothie was filling and nutritious. We snuck in a little healthy hidden veggie, along with some extra healthy fats to give you a boost of nutrition and fiber! Trust us, you are going to want to add this creamy smoothie to your morning routine! Its dairy-free and doesnt contain any added sugar at all!
Is There A Way To Pack More Nutrition Into This Smoothie
This recipe makes a simple peanut butter banana smoothie, but you can add whatever seeds or powders that youd like! For this one, I might add:
- Cinnamon. Add a little sweet spice with a touch of cinnamon
- Ground flax. Bump up the omega-3s of your smoothie. Flax has a slightly nutty flavor, so it goes great with the peanut butter.
- Spinach or kale. Dark leafy greens are packed with so many nutrientsget a little dose of vegetables in your smoothie by adding a handful of spinach!
Once you have a set of mix-ins that you like, you can freeze them as booster packs for future smoothies!
Read Also: How To Make A Frozen Blueberry Smoothie
More Drink Recipes To Try
Sometimes there are times when all you want is a good drink. Whether its to quench your thirst, warm you up or complete a special meal, a great drink can do wonders. They can be sweet and bubbly or smooth and velvety. With a wide range of flavors and ideas it can be tough to know where to start. These tried and true drinks can get you started when you are looking for that perfect drink.
How To Make A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
Did you like the recipe?
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 8
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
You May Like: Ben And Jerry’s Smoothies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Deliciously creamy chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie that seriously tastes like a Wendys frosty! This healthy chocolate banana smoothie recipe is made with just five ingredients and is easy to customize with your favorite nutritional boosters. The perfect breakfast, snack or even dessert!
If you grew up dipping crispy french fries into your cold, creamy Wendys frosty, wow do I have a surprise for you. This epic chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie literally tastes JUST like a frosty but is naturally sweetened with fruit and made with five simple ingredients.
I made this during our fun 7-day smoothie challenge and am so excited to be sharing it now! Enjoy this chocolatey goodness for breakfast, a filling snack or even a healthy dessert any day of the week. French fries optional but recommended.
How To Make Healthy Banana Smoothies With Peanut Butter:
Special Tip: You can find these directions, along with measurements, nutrition and more in the sharable recipe card in the next section!
Up next, a sharable recipe card for this healthy peanut butter smoothie recipe
Recommended Reading: Best Smoothie Diet To Lose Weight Fast
How To Make This Easy Peanut Butter Smoothie:
As far as smoothie making goes, this banana smoothie is pretty par for the course. Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth! Sometimes I need to add a little extra milk or water to get the blender going and make the smoothie a bit thinner.
I could have this for breakfast every single day.
How To Freeze Bananas For Smoothies
You can find frozen bananas in some super-markets, but freezing them yourself is super easy and very affordable. They can be frozen in slices, chunks, pureed or even whole, depending on what you are using them for.
1 Â½ medium-sized bananas equals about 1 cup of sliced bananas.
To freeze bananas for smoothies, remove the peels and cut them into half inch slices. Place the slices into a freezer bag or freezer-safe container and freeze until you are ready to make your smoothie. Bananas will stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Read Also: Banana Blueberry Smoothie With Milk
Why This Smoothie Is Good For You
The two main ingredients in this smoothie are both nutritious and will have you feeling satisfied and energetic.
Bananas are high in antioxidants and are packed with potassium. They also have high levels of tryptophan and theyre high in fiber.
Peanut butter is a balanced source of protein containing all three macronutrients. Its high in protein and only contains 20% carbohydrates. Furthermore, its high in biotin and antioxidants.
Ingredients In This Banana Smoothie:
- Banana I always keep frozen bananas in my freezer for just this occasion. AND frozen is definitely best in this recipe is it results in a much creamier smoothie! If all else fails though, an unfrozen banana will still totally work. You cna throw a few ice cubes in to give it a cold and creamy texture.
- Milk Ive been on a big oat milk kick lately but really any kind works here. You could also swap the milk for water if desired.
- Yogurt I like to use a plain, unflavored and unsweetened dairy-free yogurt but again, really anything works well here. You could even use a flavored yogurt as desired.
- Peanut Butter MOST often, I use a simple runny peanut butter when making this banana smoothie. However, you could also leave out the natural peanut butter and instead use peanut butter powder. Itll still have the delicious peanut butter taste but with less fat and calories ).
You May Like: How To Make An Amazing Smoothie
Variations For A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Not only is a smoothie a fantastic vehicle for nutritious food during the day, but is also very adaptable to your liking. Here are easy variations for this recipe:
- Chocolate. Thinking of having a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie to stave off the temptation of a less healthy dessert? Add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder or a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and this very well may replace your favorite milkshake.
- Protein Powder. This peanut butter banana smoothie has protein because of the peanut butter and Greek yogurt. But if you need an extra boost in your banana smoothie after a workout, add a ½ to 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder .
- Bowl Style. For a new twist, try a peanut butter banana smoothie bowl. Add extra banana or ice to thicken it further, then serve it in a bowl with toppings, such as granola, banana slices, or blueberries, and a drizzle of additional peanut butter.
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This healthy peanut butter banana smoothie is high in protein and low in calories.
Weve even included a peanut butter protein powder to help you add an additional 21 grams of protein should you desire to make this peanut butter banana smoothie recipe a meal replacement drink.
This vegan smoothie with peanut butter and banana is low cost, easy to make, and so yummy Youll want to make it every day, and you can!
Try this banana peanut butter smoothie recipe for breakfast, or as a treat. Its creamy and delicious, and great for most diets.
This healthy peanut butter banana smoothie is high in protein and just 228 calories!
Recommended Reading: Best Green Smoothie For Health
Can You Use Overripe Bananas
I dont know about you, but when I have overripe bananas on my counter, my first thought is that its time to make Coconut Flour Banana Bread.
If your bananas arent totally black and mushy, its fine to use them in smoothies.
Remember, the flavor of the banana will transfer to your smoothie, so you want to make sure the flavor of the bananas are still appealing to you. Bananas with lots of brown spots are perfect for smoothies, but if the skin is getting borderline-black in color, Id use them for baking instead.