Easy Breakfast Smoothies For Busy People
625 words. About 4 minutes to read this article.
Sharing is caring!
These easy breakfast smoothies are packed with fiber and nutrients for a healthy start to your day. Here are 6 recipes for a full week of detox.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Breakfast is the hardest meal for me to prepare for. It’s hard to wake up early enough to make a nice spread of healthy food. I started looking for things I could make the night before or something quick but filling I could make in the morning. These easy breakfast smoothies and these overnight oats filled those requirements and then some. They are healthy and taste amazing! And let’s face it, taste is an important factor.
This Post Has 108 Comments
I could have a smoothie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! This is such a great post
Then this is perfect for you Katrina!
A suggestion for the protein powder. I make a smoothie every morning, and I wound up ordering unflavored, unsweetened protein powder from trueprotein.com. I order 5lb at a time and it runs me about $7 a pound. Then I can just add whatever flavors, fruits, coco powder, etc., that I want and not worry about clashing flavors. I also like knowing that whats in my protein powder is just whey protein, no chemicals or artificial sweeteners or flavors.
Thanks Kara! That is just what we were looking for.
I had the same problem but I wanted a plant based protein powder. My favorite is now Sun Warrior Warrior Blend. It comes in plain as well as vanilla & chocolate.
How do you thaw the fozen smoothies?
Sit them out on the counter or in the fridge overnight.
Yay! Thank you Bree I live with roommates who work nights and so making a smoothie in the morning ins impossible for me when they have that schedule. This is perfect. Now to find some room in the freezer.
It is worth moving some stuff around!
Bree I love this idea! My son loves smoothies and he would enjoy this as a treat at school!
Creating A Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
A breakfast protein smoothie can provide sustainable energy without the crash through simple, whole food carbs. They also contain necessary fiber to break down those carbs, along with healthy fats.
These natural fats help the body feel full, minimizing cravings throughout the day. Breakfast smoothies for weight loss are super easy to create, taste incredible, and are for real healthy. Kale yeah!
The 4 recipes highlighted below are delicious, yet don’t be afraid to create your own breakfast smoothies too! Here are a few tips to becoming a smoothie creating machine.
- Follow the 1.5-1-1 rule: this means 1.5 cups of fruit, 1 cup leafy greens, 1 cup liquid
- To stay full longer + have sustainable energy boost that smoothie with a healthy fat + protein
- Use seasonal fruits as well as veggies to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to nutrients
You May Like: Low Carb Low Sugar Smoothie King
Make Ahead And Storage Tips
- To Make Ahead. Prepare the smoothie as directed, and pour it into an airtight freezer-safe glass jar. Store the jar in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let the smoothie thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving. The texture will change somewhat, but its a viable option if you want to prep ahead. I also like to pour smoothies into ice cube trays, then take them to go.
- To Store. Blended strawberry mango smoothies can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Did You Make This Recipe
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on
Originally published on September 10, 2012, updated with new images and copy on February 24, 2020.
There are affiliate links in this post, if you click and make a purchase using this link, I make a percentage of the sale at no cost to you.
Oh hey there!
Well, hello there! Im Bree Hester, the Boston-based blogger and food photographer here at Baked Bree. Here you can get lots of weeknight meal inspiration, eat more plant-based meals, and still indulge in a decadent sweet treat. Baked Bree is a place where you will find great recipes and inspiration for your next family adventure.
Dont Miss a Thing!
The newsletter you cant wait to read. Best enjoyed with a beverage and a snack.
Enter your email address below to join my list and receive my weekly Friday newsletter and new blog posts.
New York Crumb Cake
Don’t Miss: 10-day Green Smoothie Nutrition Works
High Calorie Offending Smoothie Ingredients Include:
- Nut butter. I love to add nut butters to my smoothies, but measuring it and limiting it is essential to keeping calories down.
- Too much fruit. While the whole point is to get your fruit servings for the day, too much fruit is unnecessary. Keep fruit to 1 cup or less in your smoothie.
- Fruit juices. Every smoothie needs a liquid, but be careful what you add. Juice can add 120 calories or more to your smoothie as opposed to water.
- Milk and creams. Adding skim milk is a great choice, but whole milk or cream could double your calories.
- Sugar, honey, or high calorie sweeteners. Theres a reason smoothies from a smoothie restaurant are so high in calories, and its SUGAR! Yes. I agree. They taste amazing. But, the trade off might not be worth it.
- High fat yogurts. Including a cream yogurt makes a delicious fruit smoothie, but choose nonfat yogurt and save half the calories. Choose nonfat Greek yogurt and boost the protein in your shake.
- Coconut, avocado, or seeds like chia seeds. There are whole food, healthy, high fat ingredients like avocados, seeds, or coconut. These are delicious and healthy for you. But they are also high in calories. Simply weigh and measure before you dump these high calorie whole food into a smoothie. Chances are, you will be adding ingredients that you cant even taste. Is it worth it to over do it? Probably not.
Freezing Almond Milk Smoothies
You can freeze the smoothies in any type of freezer-safe container that you like. I use 2 cup mason jars. If you want to use glass containers, just be sure that they are made of tempered glass. Otherwise, it may crack as it goes from the freezer to room temperature.
Also, when you pour the smoothie into the jars, leave some room at the top. Otherwise, when the frozen smoothies expand, the glass can break.
Keep your make ahead almond milk smoothies in the freezer until you need a quick breakfast on the go. The consistency is best if you allow them to thaw at room temperature. I dont recommend thawing them in the refrigerator unless you prefer very loose smoothies.
Read Also: Smoothie King Ingredients
Is It Healthy To Have A Smoothie Every Day
If youre looking to put your own blender to use and start making smoothies at home, youre already one step ahead with saving yourself money and ensuring you have full control over what goes into your drink. Enjoying a smoothie every day is totally fine if you make sure it has a good balance of nutrients.
That said, dietitians say its actually better to chew and swallow food rather than drinking it for fullness, so its probably best to limit your intake to one smoothie a day and enjoy proper meals and snacks throughout the day. And if youre aiming to make your smoothie a meal, try to include at least 25 grams of protein if its a snack, go for at least 10 grams of protein.
These delicious, healthy smoothies make it easier to eat right with nutrient-rich fruit and veggies, creamy milk, protein, probiotic-rich yogurt, and other nutritious ingredients. Just a note: Some of these recipes contain fruit juice or honey to up the sweetness, but if youre looking to cut added sugar from your diet, you can nix those ingredients.
Some of these recipes are from Smoothies & Juices, the new book from Preventions Healing Kitchen series. Give these recipes a try, and feel free to tweak and experiment to create your own perfect blend.
Nutty & Chocolatey Weight Loss Smoothies
Have you ever heard of the “health halo”? It’s a term nutrition experts use to describe foods that use a healthy-sounding word like natural on their labels, or add ingredients that people think of as good for you , but which are really junk at heart.
These smoothies are the reverse of that theory. These drinks are tremendously nutritiousâpacked with as much, or more, fiber, protein, and healthy fats as any other drinks in the whole book. But they seem like they’re bad for you. How can drinks that seem like they came right from the ice cream shop flatten your belly so effectively?
These are the drinks you’ll whip up on a night when you want something to satisfy your ice cream jones. They’re the recipes you’ll lean on when your kids are complaining that they want something sweet for dessert. And they’re the drinks you’ll use to reward yourself after a hard day at work or in the gym. Deep, comforting, and delicious, these filling smoothies taste more like dessert than what they really areâpowerful weight-loss weapons, compliments of the new book, Zero Belly Smoothies.
All recipes make one serving.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Will Call
Mango & Passion Fruit Smoothie
A tropical fruit blend to start the day the nutritious way – full of vitamin C and low in fat too
Kick-start your day with this healthy fruit smoothie, made extra filling with ground almonds and calcium-packed dairy
A creamy breakfast-friendly blend that’s high in calcium and low in calories
List Of Healthy Superfoods:
- Kale insanely low in calories, powerful anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, and helpful for arthritis and autoimmune diseases
- Spinach the beauty of spinach lies in how easy it is to disguise the taste. Its mild tasting yet packed with vitamins, has anti-cancerous properties, and is one of the healthiest foods on the planet
- Blueberries – one of the highest antioxidant capacities of all fruit which helps to combat free radicals in your body
- Strawberries – just one serving provides more vitamin c than an orange while being low in natural sugars
- Greek Yogurt – double the protein and half the carbs as regular yogurt
- Cucumber since its 95% water, its an incredible detoxifier and helps with liver and kidney function
- Lemon one of the most important items to stock in your kitchen as its a highly effective cleansing agent and cuts through the bitterness of greens
- Banana an essential in smoothies as it adds creaminess, a touch of sweetness, and helps you feel full longer plus, its rich in potassium and fiber and gives you natural energy
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- Ginger – aids in digestion and supports the immune system
- Chia + Flaxseeds – rich is Omega-3 and fiber benefits
If you are looking to add fruit and vegetable JUICE recipes to your diet as well, .
For extra detoxification benefits, a lemon turmeric flush first thing in the morning will do the trick. This isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s super simple.
Read Also: Smoothie Detox Challenge
What To Make For Breakfast Good Smoothie Recipes
Smoothies are everywhere it seems and my husband and I love them as our go-to for breakfast. Here are two recipes we use frequently in our house. One is what my husband and I drink almost daily and the other is one I have found that my daughter likes as she isnt willing to try green drinks just yet. I usually make more than we need and store the rest in a mason jar so I only need to make every other day.
These definitely require a high-powered blender. I have a Vitamix so just throw in the liquid first then everything else and blend away super easy!!! The great thing about them is that you can adjust and modify as you wish the options are endless.
What Type Of Blender To Use
The last thing I want to cover is the type of blender I recommend for making breakfast smoothies at home.
When I started to make smoothies, I had a cheap blender that I had bought for about $40. This blender did not meet my smoothie needs!
If youre just starting out with smoothies and are not sure if youll stick with it, then a cheap blender should work fine. However, if youre planning on making smoothies 3-5 times a week, then I highly recommend investing in a high-speed quality blender.
You May Like: Smoothing King Center Seating Chart
Banana Oat And Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
- 05m prep
Recipe may contain gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, milk and sesame.
Perfect for busy mornings, this healthy breakfast smoothie is ready to drink in just 5 minutes.
- 2 tsp LSA
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tsp honey
- Blend oats
Unsure of the quantity needed?
OK, Got It , banana , blueberries , LSA ), milk , yoghurt and honey together until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses. Serve.
Did you make this?
Is It Bad To Drink A Smoothie Every Morning
Nope! You can enjoy a smoothie every morning without any guilt or worry about any negative impacts on your health. As I mentioned above, you just want to make sure that youre using real, whole foods when making smoothies without added sugars.
The key to a healthy and successful breakfast smoothie habit is to make sure you are including plenty of nutrient-rich ingredients in each recipe!
You May Like: Anti Cancer Smoothie Recipes
Lean Mean Green Machine
If youre looking for a post-workout recovery drink, this smoothie is it. Protein powder helps replenish the energy you burned, sweet banana and kiwi provide potassium and vitamin C, while coconut water helps you rehydrate.
In a blender, add 1 medium banana , 1 kiwi , 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup spinach, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, 1/2 cup coconut water. Pulse until creamy and smooth.
Nutrition : 304 calories, 5 g fat, 22 g protein, 47 g carb
Green Weight Loss Smoothies
Popping into a juice bar for a cold cup of extruded kale juice may be all the rage, but when it comes to both nutritional impact and weight-loss power, juices can’t hold a candle to smoothies.
- First, most commercial juices use apple juice, which is a high-sugar, low-nutrient base.
- Second, juicing strips all the natural fiber out of produce: the rough stuff is what makes it good.
- And third, juices lack fat and protein without these crucial elements, you’re getting no fat-burning, metabolism-boosting benefits.
Next time you want to drink your veggies, blend up one of these seriously nutritious recipes from the book Zero Belly Smoothies.
All recipes make one serving.
Also Check: Smoothie King Protein Powder For Sale
Additional Smoothie Making Tips
ADD PROTEIN TO KEEP YOU FULL: When I dont have time to make breakfast, I add my favorite protein powder to this smoothie. I love that I cant taste the protein powder but I know its there because it keeps me full until lunchtime.
USE FROZEN FRUIT: I like to use frozen fruit instead of ice cubes in my smoothies. For this smoothie, you want to use mixed berries, like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries.these berries give you energy! And to make it super easy, I just buy the chopped frozen mixed berries in the frozen section of my grocery store, because Im all about making things quicker and easier!
FILL UP YOUR BLENDER: You always want to layer your ingredients softest to hardest . First, add the orange juice, vanilla extract, and yogurt. Then, add fresh or frozen fruit.
EXTRA SMOOTHIE LEFTOVER? If you have some leftover smoothie, you can put it in the fridge for later. Once youre ready to drink it, I like to add a little extra yogurt to the smoothie to thicken it up again.
Green Tea Blueberry And Banana Smoothie
To prepare this smoothie featuring antioxidant-rich green tea, simply heat 3 Tbsp. of water in a bowl in the microwave until its steaming hot. Then, add 1 green tea bag and allow it to brew for 3 minutes. Remove the tea bag and stir in 2 tsp. honey until it dissolves. Combine 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, 1/2 medium banana, and 3/4 cup calcium-fortified light vanilla soy milk into a blender. Add the tea and process all ingredients until smooth.
Nutrition :269 calories, 2.5 g fat, 3.5 g protein, 63 g carbs , 38.5 g sugars
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart With Row Numbers
The General Information Provided On The Website Is For Informational Purposes And Is Not Medical Advice
Do NOT use this Website for medical emergencies.
If you have a medical emergency, call a physician or qualified healthcare provider, or CALL 911 immediately. Under no circumstances should you attempt self-treatment based on anything you have seen or read on this Website. Always seek the advice of your physician or other licensed and qualified health provider in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding any information obtained from this Website and any medical condition you believe may be relevant to you or to someone else. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.