Tips For A Metabolism Boosting Breakfast Smoothie
- I keep bananas, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple, and berries in my freezer at all times so I can always make a delicious smoothie. I also like to freeze greens like spinach, so I can always have them on hand. Remember to buy your bananas green and freeze them before they ripen for the lowest sugar content and highest resistant starch content.
- I love Biochem Natural Whey Protein Powder. Its grass-fed whey, and its unflavored, meaning to artificial flavors or sweeteners. Keeping chemicals OUT of your diet is as important to your metabolism as what you keep IN your diet! Sub this whey with any vegan or paleo protein supplement if you have those dietary needs.
- Other ideas to boost the protein, if youd prefer not to use a protein supplement, are hemp seeds and chia seeds. Both are great vegan sources of protein, are easily digested, and add protein and fiber, in addition to omega 3s.
Pineapple Kale Green Smoothie
Kale, a member of the cruciferous family, is an amazing superfood.
This leafy green, like many fruits and veggies, contains phytochemicals, which are compounds that protect cells from a range of damages that may lead to health issues like cancer.
Additionally, kale contains an array of other nutrients like vitamins K, E, and calcium.
Plus it has a high protein content 1 cup contains 3 grams of protein.
Because of all these wonderful components, kale may help prevent heart disease, lower cholesterol, promote bone health, and boost the immune system.
However, if you are taking blood thinners, talk to your doctor before adding a bunch of this leafy green to your smoothie.
Most adults need 2 2 1/2 cups of vegetables a day , so adding greens to a breakfast smoothie is an easy way to increase your vegetable intake, helping you achieve a healthy diet and helping you reach your weight loss goals.
Pineapple is a great food to incorporate into your diet.
This yellow, tropical fruit hosts an enzyme group that may aid your digestion and reduce bloating.
Since pineapples may not be as easy to find fresh, frozen pineapple works just as well.
Also, you can substitute milk with 1 cup of coconut water for a tropical flavor and a post-workout electrolyte boost.
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 to 2 tsp honey, to taste
What Can I Put In My Smoothie To Lose Weight
The best things to put in healthy weight loss smoothies are ingredients that provide high quality calories. This means healthy fats, proteins, complex carbs, and foods rich in vitamins and minerals.
Here are some specific weight loss smoothie ingredients that are good for you:Almond butter*: energy booster with good fats and proteins
Avocado: healthy source of fats, fiber, and vitamins that helps counter belly fat
Berries: a high-fiber, high-antioxidant, low-glycemic fruit that helps you burn fat
Celery: a negative calorie food, meaning it takes more energy for your body to digest than which it provides
Coconut oil*: healthy fat that is easy to digest and provides a quick source of energy
Ginger: boosts metabolism
Grapefruit: high-water content fruit that stimulate the hormone that helps the body break down fat
Green tea*: metabolism booster that gives you energy that can help you stay active and burn even more calories.
Leafy green vegetables: low-calorie foods abundant in vitamins, minerals, and fiber
Lemon: aids in digestion and weight loss
Nuts and seeds: contain healthy fats that help you feel satiated or suppress hunger, and can also be a good source of fiber.
Rolled oats* and other whole grains: A fiber-rich food that keep you full longer
Tofu: helps reduce fat storage in the body with substantial protein
Don’t Miss: Best Blender For Personal Smoothies
How To Use Smoothies To Help With Weight Loss
Add smoothies to your diet for weight loss. One of the key benefits is that you are drinking fewer calories than if you were eating a meal, but still enjoying all the nutrients in whole fruit and vegetables.
– Smoothies contain lots of fiber which helps with weight loss
– Smoothies help you avoid binging on unhealthy foods between meals because they fill you up for longer periods.
– Smoothies can be a healthful snack or meal replacement to keep your weight in check
How To Make A Green Smoothie
Green smoothie recipes are really easy to make. Try making your own recipe, or one of the 10 weight loss smoothies below.
Step 1 add all green smoothie ingredients to blender
Step 2 blend your weight loss green smoothie until smooth
Step 3 serves since out your blender, and enjoy
If you like your green smoothie colder, you have two ways to do that:
To make a green smoothie smoothie, all you need is a blender, and not even an expensive one, Ive been using my $20 blender for a number of years and try as I might I havent broken it yet!
Special Tip: If youre serious about green smoothies, I recommend you check out our list of best smoothie blenders. A good smoothie blender encourages you to drink more green smoothies, and the health benefits are worth splurging for.
Keep scrolling for 10 green smoothie recipes for weight loss
Recommended Reading: Best Blender For Protein Shakes And Smoothies
High Calorie Offending Smoothie Ingredients Include:
- Nut butter. I love to add nut butters to my smoothies, but measuring it and limiting it is essential to keeping calories down.
- Too much fruit. While the whole point is to get your fruit servings for the day, too much fruit is unnecessary. Keep fruit to 1 cup or less in your smoothie.
- Fruit juices. Every smoothie needs a liquid, but be careful what you add. Juice can add 120 calories or more to your smoothie as opposed to water.
- Milk and creams. Adding skim milk is a great choice, but whole milk or cream could double your calories.
- Sugar, honey, or high calorie sweeteners. Theres a reason smoothies from a smoothie restaurant are so high in calories, and its SUGAR! Yes. I agree. They taste amazing. But, the trade off might not be worth it.
- High fat yogurts. Including a cream yogurt makes a delicious fruit smoothie, but choose nonfat yogurt and save half the calories. Choose nonfat Greek yogurt and boost the protein in your shake.
- Coconut, avocado, or seeds like chia seeds. There are whole food, healthy, high fat ingredients like avocados, seeds, or coconut. These are delicious and healthy for you. But they are also high in calories. Simply weigh and measure before you dump these high calorie whole food into a smoothie. Chances are, you will be adding ingredients that you cant even taste. Is it worth it to over do it? Probably not.
What Makes The Best Weight Loss Smoothie
Before we get into the recipes, we should probably clarify: weight loss smoothies are not magic potions that make fat disappear!
If you want to drink smoothies to lose belly fat fast, you will need to drink them as part of a healthy, balanced diet.
The reason we talk about losing weight with smoothies is that drinking healthy weight loss smoothies for breakfast or a snack is a great thing to incorporate into your diet at any time.
Especially if you are trying to lose weight!
This is because good weight loss smoothies should have lots of filling fibre, be generally low in fat, contain energising natural sugars, lots of nutrients and vitamins, and high protein levels.
You May Like: Healthy Smoothies For Cancer Patients
Ingredients To Add To Your Lunch Smoothie
For a lunchtime smoothie, you want to add ingredients that can sustain your energy levels throughout the day. so try to add ingredients like…
– Bananas: These are a great source of potassium which is an electrolyte and maintains your body’s fluid balance. They also provide fiber, vitamin C, manganese, copper, and folate!
– Greens: for more nutrition, you can add spinach or kale to get in some extra iron and vitamins A & K
– Almond milk: this will give the smoothie a creamy texture and make it feel like a decadent treat
– Flaxseed oil: adding flaxseed oil gives the smoothie omega fatty acids which help reduce inflammation that causes chronic disease such as cancer. You’ll also be supplying yourself with healthy fats from the oils. For even more health benefits try adding our vegan and whey protein powder.
Tips For Making The Best Low Calorie Smoothies:
Don’t Miss: Soap And Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk
What Ingredients Are In The Best Weight Loss Smoothies
Healthy smoothies for weight loss are made with the right blend of weight loss foods that are scientifically proven to decrease body fat. Some of the common ingredients we include in these smoothies for weight loss are:
- protein powder for weight loss: these powders are low in sugar or other sweeteners, low in calories, and rich in high-quality protein that, in combination with strength exercises, will help build metabolism-boosting muscle mass
- healthy fats: healthy fats like nut butters, avocado, and MCT oil will help to slow digestion to keep you fuller longer to prevent overeating
- fiber: consuming fiber-rich ingredients like chia seeds, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, leafy greens, and oats can help prevent spikes in blood sugar that can lead to the storage of carbs as fat
- low sugar: fruit is the base of all smoothies, and because fruit naturally contains sugar, there’s no need to add extra sweeteners like honey, orange juice, or frozen yogurt that only serve to add empty calories
Low Calorie Smoothies Recipes For Weight Loss
Low-calorie smoothies for weight loss recipes should ideally be low in fats and high in nutrients. Below are some of the best low-caloriek smoothies recipes for weight loss:
Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie
This is one of the most common smoothies that aid in weight loss. The protein content of this smoothie is what makes it healthy and an ideal replacement meal. The requirements for preparing this kind of smoothie are a banana, a cup of a low-fat peanut butter followed by a cup of non-fat milk and ice cubes. Additionally, chocolate protein powder is required. The next step involves placing all the above ingredients into a blender and mixing until smooth.
This is another healthy low-calorie smoothie diet to jump start your day. It is of low-fat content containing antioxidants, protein, and fiber and is great for boosting metabolism as well. The requirements include ice cubes, a cup of vanilla yogurt , espresso crystals and cocoa powder. In a blender, you combine the ingredients in the above order and then blend until smooth.
Low Calorie Chocolate Almond Smoothie
This is a four-ingredient low sugar smoothie that offers a relatively chocolaty taste. Vanilla almond milk, raw almonds, chocolate protein powder and ice cubes are all you need to make it. This smoothie contains 150 calories per serving.
Also Check: Add Smoothie King Points From Receipt
Healthy Breakfast Smoothies For Weight Loss
Breakfast smoothies for weight loss are my favorite go-to low in calorie foods on busy mornings. Also called breakfast shakes, weight loss smoothies, green smoothies, or detox smoothies, theres no better way to start the day then with a satisfying, yummy serving of blended fruits and vegetables.
Breakfast smoothies have a ton of nutrition as well as protein and lots of fiber. The following breakfast smoothie recipes will prove healthy and delicious.
Personally, I love these detox smoothie recipes and make them often. After eating a healthy breakfast smoothie in the morning, I dont feel heavy or bloated compared to a traditional breakfast with eggs, meats, and carbs. These breakfast smoothies for weight loss are a great go to for healthy breakfast recipes.
I go into the day with a positive mental boost knowing Ive started my day right, and as a bonus, my weight loss goals are often easier to achieve after a breakfast shake or smoothie.
In this Healthy Breakfast Smoothies for Weight Loss article you will find:
- Directions on How to Make Weight Loss Smoothies
- 10 Best Breakfast Smoothies for Weight Loss
- Benefits of a Detox Smoothie Diet
- Detox Smoothie Diet
- Extra Breakfast Smoothie Ingredients
Healthy Breakfast Smoothies for weight loss. Use these 10 breakfast smoothie recipes, weight loss smoothies and breakfast shakes for fast mornings or while on smoothie diets.
Banana Almond Protein Smoothie
This smoothie is all about post-workout health. Delivering 21 grams of protein, it helps to repair microtears in your muscles to get you ready for your next gym session.
BLEND THIS:½ cup plain Greek yogurt3 tbsp almond butter1 scoop whey protein powder1 tbsp hulled hemp seeds1 frozen banana
329 calories, 21 g protein, 26 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 17 g fat
You May Like: How To Make Smoothies With Water
What Is A Whole Food Diet
In other words, it involves a lot of cooking because whole foods do not involve anything processed. That means no premade sauces, dips, or convenience foods like chocolate bars, sweets, or ready-meals. It also includes things like tinned vegetables and white bread.
Why? Processed and convenience foods are often high in salt, saturated fat, and additives in comparison to anything homemade. Because of this, their toll on your overall health is higher.
S To Turn A Green Smoothie Into A Meal
The key to replacing meals with green smoothies is including healthy fats AND proteins. Healthy fats and proteins are the way to go if you want to power up with a green smoothie meal replacement. This combo will keep you feeling full and give you the energy you need to cruise right through til your next snack or meal. Below are our favorite options for green smoothie meal replacement boosters:
Also Check: Smoothies For Depression And Anxiety
Beetroot And Carrot Smoothie For Weight Loss
Full disclosure Im not the biggest fan of carrots, but when I saw this recipe for a Beetroot Carrot Smoothie, I was so down to try it, mainly because I was sure that the addition of ginger and spinach would take its flavor to a whole new level.
And boy, was I right! This drink was so bright and exciting that I felt instantly refreshed after drinking it, despite the hot and humid weather we currently have going on. Ive only done this recipe with pears, and while I love its taste, I cant wait to try it with apples.
The phenomenal taste of this Beetroot Carrot Smoothie is just one of the many reasons why Im in love with it. For one thing, I am pretty positive that it delivers on its promise of helping with weight loss. After drinking it, I noticed that I felt lighter and less bloated, but I am not discounting my twice-weekly high-intensity boot camp here.
I also felt very satisfied afterward, despite it being the only thing that I had for breakfast. Without a doubt, those of you on a weight loss journey like I am should give this recipe a chance.
Check out this Beetroot Carrot Smoothie recipe from Wendys Way to Health.
What Kind Of Smoothies Do Children Prefer
It comes as no surprise that kids prefer sweet things over others. But you don’t want to give them a sugar overload. Instead, use the natural sweetness of the fruits and other ingredients in your smoothies box mixes and use subtle add-ins like dates, maple, or honey. It important to use these in moderation, so only use what’s necessary to sweeten your smoothies.
You May Like: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Watermelon Mojito
Creamy Chia Seed Pia Colada Breakfast Shake
This Creamy Chia Seed Piña Colada breakfast shake tastes amazing, and has Chia seeds in it, which are one of the worlds most nutritious foods.
This make ahead breakfast shake ensures a fast and efficient morning, and keeps you full for hours. Try it with your favorite detox smoothie diet, or check out our FREE Detox Smoothie Diet Plan below!
Weight loss breakfast smoothies are a great way to get loads of nutrition in first thing in the morning. This recipe for healthy breakfast smoothies for weight loss tastes like a creamy Pina Colada its hard to beat that!
Prepping Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
If youre like me, then busy mornings typically lead to the most unhealthy breakfasts for you too. If you want to eat healthy even on your busiest of days, then prep is key! Ive got a great smoothie prep guide, which I ACTUALLY use on the regular. Pre-prepped breakfast smoothies are my go-to.
Prepping smoothies ahead and in bulk saves you time and money, as well as paves the way for healthier choices throughout your day. So prep this whole list of smoothies, or pick a few of your favs and fill that freezer with a produce rainbow of goodness!