What Are Some Great Smoothie Recipes
Alright, now that youre fully versed on how to make a great smoothie, let me share with you some of our absolute favorite combos! Click on any image to jump over to that specific smoothie recipe.
Classic Simple Smoothies
These smoothies are a great place to start. No weird ingredients that you have to special order, just fresh, real food that you can find at any typical supermarket.
Wild Blueberry Lemon No Banana Smoothie
What Are The Best Blenders
Why you can trust Tom’s Guide Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. Find out more about how we test.
After extensive testing, we found Brevilleâs Super Q to be the best blender overall. It produces consistently creamy smoothies, crushes ice into fluffy snow, makes hummus on par with store bought brands and is not as loud as other models we tested. At nearly $550, Brevilleâs Super Q Blender is not the cheapest, but its all-around performance warrants serious consideration if youâre shopping for a blender capable of making more than smoothies. If you’re looking for a similarly equipped blender with the option to juice, the Breville 3x Bluicer is a capable option too.
Shopping on a budget? Then we recommend the Hamilton Beach Professional 1800W Blender, which is less than half the price of our top pick. This jack-of-all-trades blenderâs versatility is cheaper, but not cheaply made, and produced some of the best tasting and textured recipes.
And if youâre someone who likes the latest and greatest in technology, the app-connectivity and touch interface controls of the Vitamix A3500 is sure to impress. This gives you access to over 500 recipes, and with an extensive 10-year warranty that covers any failure, you can rest assured that youâre getting a quality piece of kit.
The 8 Best Blenders For Smoothies In 2023
A blender is a fairly common appliance in the kitchen of today’s housewives. It is popular because of its convenience and usefulness. If you want to find out or buy the best blenders for smoothies for your home in the Blenders & Food Processors category, Queen’s bowl will help you do it easier than ever.
The industrial-grade 1800-watt motor in this blender has a maximum speed of 25000 RPM. The smoothest taste is provided with less heat and no smell. The smoothie blender has a 72oz huge capacity jar that can serve up to 6 people at once and was created for large families and businesses. Kitchen blenders have nine levels of speed to accommodate the needs of creating different specialties. Let yourself take pleasure in cooking. The blender jar used for shakes and smoothies can be cleaned in the dishwasher or by just adding water and stirring. It’s incredibly simple to clean.
Also Check: Is Smoothie King A Meal Replacement
Breville Bbl620sil Blender For Smoothies
- Not the most powerful blender
- Smaller pitcher limits batch size
This high-quality blender has serrated stainless steel blades that help it crush ice efficiently and make smoothies with ideal texture. It also benefits from Brevilles Kinetix multi-functional blending technology, letting it crush, chop and aerate ingredients and create even smooth blends. Its sophisticated BPA-free pitcher is made of shock-resistant Tritan plastic and is dishwasher-safe. A self-sealing lid with an easy-pull ring adds to the convenience.
One of the most convenient blenders for making your morning smoothie, this model has pre-programmed settings for smoothies, ice crush, and green smoothies. An LCD screen with an easy-to-read timer helps when multitasking in the kitchen, and an auto-clean mode helps make clean-up easier.
Can It Crush Ice
Ninja BL610 ice-crushing blender is an important test as many blenders cant crush any ice easily. We merely got our desired results from a handful of blenders. A high-performance blender can transform the ice pieces into even fine crystals while a low-quality blender leaves you with large, unequal chunks as well as an over-processed mush.
Read Also: How To Make A Peach Smoothie Without Yogurt
Whats The Difference Between A Blender And A Smoothie Maker
Blenders are versatile kitchen appliances that can be used to make purees, soups, and frozen desserts in addition to smoothies. Blenders are also used for crushing ice and for making frozen drinks.
A smoothie maker is usually a single-serve blender intended for making smoothies only. These mini blenders often come with a to-go lid for the single-serve container.
Oster My Blend Blender For Smoothies
- Not as powerful as some of the personal blenders on the market
- Only comes with one bottle
- Limited manual controls
While it isnt the most powerful personal blender on sale, this Oster blender has enough blending power to handle most smoothie-making tasks with pre-chopped fruit and vegetables, and its base is sturdy enough to support its convenient hands-free feature, unlike on some personal blenders where you have to press down on the cup the whole time.
It comes with a convenient and ergonomically-designed sports bottle thats easy to carry anywhere on a run, hike, or bike ride, making it an easy choice if youre looking for the best personal smoothie blender. The portable blender bottle is also dishwasher-safe and BPA-free. It holds 20 oz, more than most travel blender cups, and it has a carrying hook so you can even clip it to a belt or lanyard. Its at the top of our list for the best portable blender for travel.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Smoothie Out Of Carpet
Shoppingnew & Notable: Dell Bose Nordictrack And More
As a personal trainer for over 10 years, Ive made my fair share of protein shakes. In fact, theyre been my breakfast everyday for years, whether Im at my apartment in Chicago or visiting my parents in Florida. While Im particular about many things, it doesnt really matter to me what I use to blend my protein shakes since Im on the go so much. I really just need a blender that works. Otherwise, I keep my smoothie recipe basic:
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 serving of protein powder
- 1 handful of frozen berries
- 1 handful of spinach
Directions: Blend. While Im easy going with my smoothies, some personal trainers can get pretty specific about what blenders they use in fact, I surveyed almost 20 trainers and many of them were enthusiastically quick to recommend one standout: Vitamix.
Can A Ninja Blender Juice
Ninja high-power blender is best for juicing. It has a very powerful motor. This motor can make juice of almost any fruit with its high power. The sharp blades will turn any frozen fruit into liquid in a few seconds. It can also make vegetable juice. You can make juice for the whole family at once using the large pitcher.
Also Check: White Chocolate Powder For Smoothies
Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender
Celebrity trainer Erin Oprea and personal trainer Autumn Calabrese are among those fans. “It’s super easy to clean and I love how it circulates the food so everything on top gets blended plus, lots of power, said Oprea. Bodybuilder Ronnie Lubischer, CSCS, is also a proponent of the Vitamix. Absolutely, hands down my Vitamix has changed my life. As a bodybuilder, I’m always always looking to add size while keeping a very close eye on a healthy heart and boosted immune system, said Lubischer, who owns Lubischer’s Burn and Blast Body Lab. Heres how to make one Lubischers Green and Mean Protein Shake, which is chock-full of protein, healthy fats, energizing carbs, vitamins and minerals, he said, adding this is typically a breakfast on-the-go for him or a post-workout shake.
- 12 ounces of egg whites
- 1 scoop of ultra filtered, cold-pressed whey isolates
- 4 to 6 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 cup of preferred berries
- 2 servings of greens: Cucumbers, celery, spinach or kale are Lubischers go tos but you can mix it up
The Ice Crushing Problem
For some of the smaller blenders like the Nutri Ninja Blender, The Nutribullet Pro, and the Popbabies personal blender, you will find that crushing ice is not in their wheelhouse. The reason is that for these blenders to operate safely and correctly, you have to add a liquid to the ingredients when you blend them. If you don’t add liquid, the motor will overheat. This will cause loads of problems for the contents of the container during the operating process as well as damage the motor base permanently.
If you want a blender that has the ability to crush ice, then any of the other choices on our list will be able to fulfill that for you. They have all been designed to crush ice or turn ice into snow quickly and consistently.
You May Like: Healthy Smoothie Bowl Recipe For Weight Loss
Here Are The Best Blenders Of 2022
The Breville Super Q Blender is aimed at home chefs looking for a commercial grade performance, and it certainly delivers as a multi-purpose machine ready for a wide variety of recipes. Equipped with twelve speed settings paired with a 1,800-watt motor, the Super Q whipped chickpeas into hummus similar to what you might buy at the market. It continued to impress in other tests too, crushing ice cubes into fluffy snow in a minute and turning rolled oats and water into sweet creamy non-dairy milk with ease. The vortex effect it creates also resulted in very tasty fruit, vegetable and protein powder smoothies.
The size and weight of this blender warrants a permanent space in the kitchen, but its hefty dimensions also means youâll never worry about it tipping over or shuffling about like cheaper, lighter models. Cleaning is easy with a programmed 1-minute clean cycle. The wide-mouthed large 68-ounce BPA-free jug and blade arrangement also reduces the chances of cutting yourself if you need to reach in to clean any remaining lodged ingredients.
The built-in blade assembly eliminates the task of taking apart and then reassembling all of the components. As you would expect the Breville comes at a premium price, but your investment is protected with an exceptionally long ten-year warranty. Thatâs why itâs the best blender overall and why it took home the Tom’s Guide 2022 Award for Best blender.
Key Features For A Good Blender For Crushing Ice
- The last thing you want is for your blender to get jammed up or refuse to crush ice down to the particle size that you need for your smoothie or mojito. That means paying close attention to the horsepower and how powerful the motor really is. Of course, horsepower doesnt tell you everything, but its a good metric for looking at just how powerful a blender can be. The average 2HP blender can usually handle anything, but for real ice, performance, look for more power. The wattage is also a good correlation. For blending ice, make sure you get a blender in the range of 1200-1500 watts. Thats enough power to crush ice and frozen fruit almost instantly, giving you crushed ice that is easy to blend.
- Strong, durable blades are a must when looking for a great ice blender. Ice can be tough to chomp down on, and blades may wear down more easily if you make a lot of smoothies. Look for blunted blades made from stainless steel, and preferably molded with strong, single-piece components that reduce wear while increasing durability.
Noise and Performance
- No one likes a blender that churns all the lower-level ice into snow while leaving the top layer of ice just floating there. The large containers that we favor in the list help take care of this problem, but tampers are also a good solution to look for on your next model.
You May Like: Best Protein Smoothies For Diabetics
Which Blender Is Best For Smoothies
If youre looking for the best blender to make smoothies in, wed recommend opting for a dedicated smoothie maker rather than a jug or immersion blender. As mentioned above, these feature a cup that the blade assembly screws onto before being attached to the base. Once blending is complete, the blade assembly can be switched for a to-go lid that includes a spout, letting you sip the drink without having to decant it first. Our pick is the Ninja Personal Blender and Smoothie Maker QB3001, as it strikes the right balance between price and the ability to blitz fresh produce into a smooth, grit-free drink.
However, theres no way to add liquid during blending, so you cant use it to emulsify ingredients, such as when making mayonnaise. In this case, we recommend the Breville the Super Q, as it comes with a pitcher so you can add liquid during blending. Its also powerful enough to crush ice and pulverize nuts and come with a travel cup for smoothies – although you will need to decant the drink from the jug into the cup.
What We Love About The Magic Bullet Blender:
- Included: 250W motor base, cross-blade, tall cup, short cup, party mug, lip rings, Stay-Fresh resealable lids, to-go lid and 10-second recipe guide
- The magic bullet chops, mixes, blends, whips, grinds and more. Cups are made out of high-impact plastic
- Effortlessly create your favorite meals and snacks like smoothies, omelets, sauces and dips. 250 watts high-torque power base
- Included recipe book gets you started making quick, easy, and delicious dishes from appetizers to desserts. Add 1/2 cup water for smooth blend for vegetables
Also Check: Green Smoothies That Taste Good
Are Glass Pitchers Better Than Plastic
Most blenders come with a hardened plastic pitcher, but youll find the odd model that has a glass one. Strictly speaking, glass is harder wearing and wont scratch as easily as plastic. This can make a difference if you regularly crush ice, as the sharp edges can scratch cheaper plastics. Plastic can also get tainted by ingredients staining.
The downside of glass is that its much heavier and if you drop it, youre likely to end up cracking or breaking the pitcher.
Modern plastics are much better, particularly on high-end machines, so you shouldnt notice scratching. And, plastic is lighter and less likely to break if you drop it.
Best For Mason Jars: Tribest Single
Includes several Mason jars and lids
Easy to use and clean
Not as powerful as some blenders
Most personal blenders use proprietary cups or jars for blending, and extras can be expensive when you need more jars. This blender is designed to work with standard Mason jars, so you can blend and drink right out of jars you already own with the Mason jar adapter.
Many reviewers found it very easy to attach their own Mason jars, although some note that the Mason jar adapter can sometimes get stuck to the blade mechanism, which may make it tricky to remove. It also includes its own large and small cups with cup lids, as well as Mason jars, Mason jar lids, a commuter lid, a grinding blade, and a chopping blade. Tribest also offers an XL version if you want even larger cup options.
The blender has a 200-watt motor, so its not as powerful as some, but its sufficient for smoothies, shakes, and sauces.
Price at time of publish: $95
Power: 200 watts | Cups Included: 6 | Maximum Cup Capacity: 20.3 ounces | Weight: 7 pounds | Warranty: 1 year
Read Also: What Smoothie Is Good For Belly Fat
What We Love About The Koios Pro 850w Bullet Personal Blender:
- Fiber & Vitamins: unlike what a juicer does, this personal blender does not leave fiber out. The result holds almost 100% of the fiber and vitamins from the original fruit and vegetables put into the blender, and they taste great without bringing you a blood sugar spike.
- Quick & Easy: a strong and powerful motor drives the uniquely designed 6-edge blade and delivers extra smooth results in less than 1 minute. Cleaning is also easy: simply rinse under tap water or put it on the top rack of your dishwasher.
- Sports Drink & Protein Shake: make it at home, control the ingredients used according to your training goal and explore your favorite flavor. Screw on the spout drinking lids and take it to the gym. It would be a great companion to your workout.
Is The Ninja Professional Blender Any Good
Yes, Ninja Professional Blender is definitely a good option when it comes to blenders. It has a sleek design as well as an outstanding performance with a 1000-Watt power motor and three different speed settings. This Blender will give you a professional food preparation experience. It has a big 72 oz large-capacity pitcher. I think this professional blender is enough for a family of 6 to 8 members.
The Total Crushing Technology allows you to crush and pulverize whole fruits, vegetables, and ice in a few seconds. Because Its blades are very sharp. So, In a few seconds your delicious juices, smoothies, sauces, or just anything will be ready for you to enjoy! You can even make snow from ice in a moment.
This food processor blender is designed with such needy features that will ensure that you have closed the blenders lid in the right way. You have to close the lid perfectly. Otherwise, the blender wont start. The lid contains a pouring spout. All its parts are dishwasher-safe and BPA-free. You can see the details about the blender below.
Also Check: Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Weight Loss
Best Blender For Protein Shakes & Smoothies 8 Top Rated Models
Whether you want to improve your health with a daily smoothie or boost your protein intake with protein shakes, you need an efficient and quality blender. There are a variety of countertop and personal blenders on the market to choose from.
This article will highlight and review the top 8 blenders for smoothies, and protein shakes and provide a buying guide to help you narrow down the options to the most suitable one for you. Our top recommendation is the NutriBullet personal blender. Read on for the other seven.
- Pulse Control: No
Why It Stands Out: Features and Benefits
- Simple, Intuitive Design. The NutriBullet Personal Blender has a simple, easy-to-use design for everyday convenience. Simply put your preferred ingredients in the cup, push, twist, and blend. It comes with a to-go lid such that you can blend, close up the cup, and get going.
- Powerful and Efficient. This blender is compact yet powerful. It is powered by a 600W base motor and is fitted with sharp, stainless steel extractor blades. It uses cyclonic action to break down even tough ingredients within 60 seconds. It can be used with various ingredients, including berries, nuts, fruits, protein powder, etc.
- Durable. The cup is made of BPA-free plastic. The NutriBullet Personal Blender is backed by a 1-year warranty. It meets the North American & Canadian Electrical Standards.
- Pulse Control: No
Why It Stands Out: Features and Benefits