Easy & Healthy Avocado Smoothie Recipe For Vegans
Avocado is another superfood and delicious fruit that needs no introduction. This incredibly nutritious fruit contains a good dose of Vitamin K, C, B-5, B-6, E Potassium, protein, fiber, and 15 grams of healthy fats. Its health benefits include lowering cholesterol, boost digestion, and can protect your eyes.
Variations For A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Not only is a smoothie a fantastic vehicle for nutritious food during the day, but is also very adaptable to your liking. Here are easy variations for this recipe:
- Chocolate. Thinking of having a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie to stave off the temptation of a less healthy dessert? Add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder or a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and this very well may replace your favorite milkshake.
- Protein Powder. This peanut butter banana smoothie has protein because of the peanut butter and Greek yogurt. But if you need an extra boost in your banana smoothie after a workout, add a ½ to 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder .
- Bowl Style. For a new twist, try a peanut butter banana smoothie bowl. Add extra banana or ice to thicken it further, then serve it in a bowl with toppings, such as granola, banana slices, or blueberries, and a drizzle of additional peanut butter.
Peaches And Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
No time for a leisurely meal? Try this grab-and-go, probiotic-rich take on morning oatmeal. Whole-grain oats contain prebiotic fiber that promotes gut health.
This recipe from Preventions Smoothies & Juicesmakes two smoothies: Blend 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 cup frozen peaches, 1/2 frozen banana, and 1/2 cup ice until smooth.
Nutrition : 217 calories, 5.5 g fat , 11 g protein, 33 g carbs , 15 g sugars
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Club Level
Green Smoothie Ingredients & Substitutions
- Banana: this makes a great base for the smoothie and really covers up the taste of any greens. Its best to go for frozen bananas to create a really thick and creamy smoothie. Sub out bananas for frozen avocado or coconut meat.
- Mango: this is another one of my favourite ingredients to use in smoothies. Again, using frozen mango can help to give your smoothie a creamy texture. Mango is also packed with vitamins and the perfect fruit to enjoy in the morning! Substitute with pineapple or frozen cauliflower
- Spinach: the greens! Spinach is the simplest go-to green to use for a green smoothie. It doesnt have a strong or overpowering taste and blends up easily.You can swap this out for kale if you prefer
- Chia seeds: You know Im a big fan of chia seeds for all their amazing health benefits! Chia is great to add to a smoothie for some omega-3s and fibre. Chia also helps keep you feeling full. You can sub the chia seeds for flax seeds.
- Almond milk: If you can, go for some homemade almond milk for the best taste. You can also substitute any type of plant-based milk you love. My other favourite to use is coconut milk!
Easy & Healthy Vegan Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe
If youre looking for a real energy booster or if you like to work out early in the morning then try this delicious peanut butter smoothie. It is not only packed with protein but also contains magnesium, zinc, and Vitamin B-6. Its delicious, creamy, and will surely give you the boost you need on a lazy early morning.
Read Also: Smoothie King Application Employment Online
Banana Oat And Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
- 05m prep
Recipe may contain gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, milk and sesame.
Perfect for busy mornings, this healthy breakfast smoothie is ready to drink in just 5 minutes.
- 2 tsp LSA
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tsp honey
- Blend oats
Unsure of the quantity needed?
OK, Got It , banana , blueberries , LSA ), milk , yoghurt and honey together until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses. Serve.
Did you make this?
Best Breakfast Smoothies For Weight Loss
nutribullet | April 7, 2015
Theres nothing better than doing something positive for your health first thing in the morning! Each one of these breakfast smoothie recipes is designed with ingredients to support healthy weight loss.
Now, with your nutribullet Balance in hand, you can spark your metabolism and satiate your hunger thanks to the delectable raw power of these natural, whole foods.
We dont have to tell you, but these healthy smoothie recipes taste amazing, too. These smoothies, when theyre made with the nutrient-extracting power of nutribullet Balance, pack a nutritional punch that youll love. A healthy breakfast smoothie is one of the best ways to support your weight loss goals. Pick a few and rotate or try them all for best results!
Kale is a weight loss megastar, high in fiber for healthy digestion and regularity. Low glycemic berries sweeten the drink without weighing it down cut the banana down to half for the perfectly healthy drink thatll also help maintain your blood sugar levels.
Is it Friday yet? Dont worry, weve got you covered! Packed with chia seeds for satiety and maca for that morning energy boost, this smoothie will get you through the week, no matter what day it is!
Whether youre looking to lose weight, improve your gut health, lower your sugar intake or cater to a specific diet, start your transformation today with nutribullet Balance!
Recommended Reading: 10-day Green Smoothie Nutrition Works
Why You’ll Love These Smoothie Ideas:
- These breakfast shakes are a lighter take on breakfast that packs some powerful nutrients while leaving behind all the carbs and fat
- Fruit smoothies are a great way to eat breakfast on the go, especially if you find yourself frequently eating breakfast on the bus or in the car
- Kids love fruit smoothies and it’s a great way to sneak in some added fruits and veggies they won’t know are in there!
Garnishes on Breakfast Smoothies Make them Feel Extra Fancy!
How To Make A Smoothie
Smoothies are perfect for quick breakfasts and healthy snacks because they are so quick and easy to make! You just add all of the smoothie ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. A high-powered blender, such as a Vitamix, isnt necessary, but if you plan to make smoothies often I think its a worthwhile investment.
Recommended Reading: Mielle Twisting Souffle Review
Are Breakfast Smoothies Good For Weight Loss
- Filling breakfast smoothies that are high in protein and low in calories can be good for weight loss. Choosing hearty breakfast smoothies will help make sure you arent starving by mid-morning.
- See the Healthy Breakfast Smoothies for Weight Loss category below for recipe ideas.
Note: The above is a general guideline. For more information or specific recommendations for your own diet, please contact a nutritionist or your doctor.
Freezing Almond Milk Smoothies
You can freeze the smoothies in any type of freezer-safe container that you like. I use 2 cup mason jars. If you want to use glass containers, just be sure that they are made of tempered glass. Otherwise, it may crack as it goes from the freezer to room temperature.
Also, when you pour the smoothie into the jars, leave some room at the top. Otherwise, when the frozen smoothies expand, the glass can break.
Keep your make ahead almond milk smoothies in the freezer until you need a quick breakfast on the go. The consistency is best if you allow them to thaw at room temperature. I dont recommend thawing them in the refrigerator unless you prefer very loose smoothies.
Read Also: Smoothie King Ingredients
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Concert Seating
Kickstart Healthy Habits Through Food
Another way to kick-start healthy eating habits is by utilizing whole foods to help the body reset. Check out my Thrive 7-Day Reset for a week-long cleanse that will get you on your way to whole body health. I don’t believe in weight loss through deprivation, instead I want to fuel my body the right way through energy-filled food.
How To Make A Breakfast Smoothie
This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.There are 11 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. This article has been viewed 9,224 times.
Smoothies are easy to make, and once you know the basics, your options are endless. Breakfast smoothies are different than regular smoothies in that they usually contain oatmeal for extra protein, fiber, and nutrients.
Read Also: Smoothie King Light And Fluffy Recipe
How To Turn These Easy Breakfast Smoothies Into Meal Prep
Smoothies are the perfect breakfast for meal prep because the ingredients freeze well.
- Put the ingredients for one smoothie, except the liquid, in a quart-size freezer bag. Squeeze out the air and seal. Label the bag, using a marker, with the recipe title and date. Place the bag in the freezer until you’re ready to blend them.
- In the morning, pour the contents of the bag into a blender and add the liquid. Blend until smooth.
Green Weight Loss Smoothies
Popping into a juice bar for a cold cup of extruded kale juice may be all the rage, but when it comes to both nutritional impact and weight-loss power, juices cant hold a candle to smoothies.
- First, most commercial juices use apple juice, which is a high-sugar, low-nutrient base.
- Second, juicing strips all the natural fiber out of produce: the rough stuff is what makes it good.
- And third, juices lack fat and protein without these crucial elements, youre getting no fat-burning, metabolism-boosting benefits.
Next time you want to drink your veggies, blend up one of these seriously nutritious recipes from the book Zero Belly Smoothies.
All recipes make one serving.
Also Check: Smoothie King Protein Powder For Sale
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Vs Tropical Smoothie
Mango & Passion Fruit Smoothie
A tropical fruit blend to start the day the nutritious way full of vitamin C and low in fat too
Kick-start your day with this healthy fruit smoothie, made extra filling with ground almonds and calcium-packed dairy
A creamy breakfast-friendly blend thats high in calcium and low in calories
What Type Of Blender To Use
The last thing I want to cover is the type of blender I recommend for making breakfast smoothies at home.
When I started to make smoothies, I had a cheap blender that I had bought for about $40. This blender did not meet my smoothie needs!
If youre just starting out with smoothies and are not sure if youll stick with it, then a cheap blender should work fine. However, if youre planning on making smoothies 3-5 times a week, then I highly recommend investing in a high-speed quality blender.
Read Also: Smoothie Detox Challenge
Creating A Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
A breakfast protein smoothie can provide sustainable energy without the crash through simple, whole food carbs. They also contain necessary fiber to break down those carbs, along with healthy fats.
These natural fats help the body feel full, minimizing cravings throughout the day. Breakfast smoothies for weight loss are super easy to create, taste incredible, and are for real healthy. Kale yeah!
The 4 recipes highlighted below are delicious, yet dont be afraid to create your own breakfast smoothies too! Here are a few tips to becoming a smoothie creating machine.
- Follow the 1.5-1-1 rule: this means 1.5 cups of fruit, 1 cup leafy greens, 1 cup liquid
- To stay full longer + have sustainable energy boost that smoothie with a healthy fat + protein
- Use seasonal fruits as well as veggies to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to nutrients
You May Like: Low Carb Low Sugar Smoothie King
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Benefits
I often rely on Healthy Breakfast Smoothies to kick-start my day.
I bet youll also find it comforting knowing that youve made major progress with your requisite servings of fruits and veggies first thing in the A.M.
Or, if you are looking for a post-workout smoothie, this peanut butter banana version is one of my favorites.
Its a perfect option because banana smoothies like this recipe are good for you.
- Bananas are high in fiber, potassium, and vitamins B6 and C.
- Peanut butter has protein and healthy fats too .
Generally speaking, with the right ingredients a peanut butter smoothie can be good for weight loss. Smoothies with healthier foods like fruits, Greek yogurt, and peanut butter can be sufficiently filling with better nutrients than other breakfast options.
Read Also: Curl Milk Vs Curl Smoothie
Banana Almond Protein Smoothie
Creamy almond butter offers healthy fats, while coconut water helps restore electrolytes after a tough workout. Greek yogurt and a scoop of whey keep the protein content high.
In a blender, add 1/2 cup coconut water, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 3 Tbsp. almond butter, 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup ice. Process until smooth, serves 2.
Nutrition : 329 calories, 17 g fat, 21 g protein, 26 g carbs , 15 g sugars
Detox Green Smoothie With Chia Seeds
If you havent tried chia seeds yet, heres a great opportunity. These tiny but mighty seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids that are great for your heart. They also help you stay fuller longer, thanks to its plant protein power. Combined with spinach, unsweetened almond milk, frozen pineapple, and naturally sweet banana, this tasty mixture is the ultimate breakfast treat.
You May Like: Smoothie King Immune Booster
Nutty & Chocolatey Weight Loss Smoothies
Have you ever heard of the health halo? Its a term nutrition experts use to describe foods that use a healthy-sounding word like natural on their labels, or add ingredients that people think of as good for you , but which are really junk at heart.
These smoothies are the reverse of that theory. These drinks are tremendously nutritiousâpacked with as much, or more, fiber, protein, and healthy fats as any other drinks in the whole book. But they seem like theyre bad for you. How can drinks that seem like they came right from the ice cream shop flatten your belly so effectively?
These are the drinks youll whip up on a night when you want something to satisfy your ice cream jones. Theyre the recipes youll lean on when your kids are complaining that they want something sweet for dessert. And theyre the drinks youll use to reward yourself after a hard day at work or in the gym. Deep, comforting, and delicious, these filling smoothies taste more like dessert than what they really areâpowerful weight-loss weapons, compliments of the new book, Zero Belly Smoothies.
All recipes make one serving.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Will Call
Easy & Healthy Pineapple Smoothie Recipe For Vegans
Pineapple is one of the sweetest fruits, however, it also has some pretty impressive health benefits. Its loaded with all kinds of nutrients including fiber, protein, manganese, thiamin, copper, folate, potassium, magnesium, iron as well as Vitamin C, B-6, and disease-fighting antioxidants. Pineapple health benefits include easing digestion, reducing the risk of cancer, and boosts immunity.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Gladiator Recipe
A Note On Thickening Smoothies
Im of the general smoothie philosophy that a thick smoothie is a happy, satisfying smoothie if its not thick, instead of feeling like Im enjoying a substantial breakfast or snack, I feel like Im drinking juice. Its not the same.
This is why all of my healthy smoothie recipes involve some kind of thickening agent. If youd like to make a smoothie thicker, here are a few tricks:
If you try a few of these tricks and your smoothie is ULTRA thick at the endtoo thick to sip with a strawpour it into a bowl, top it with some granola and fresh fruit, and enjoy it as a strawberry mango smoothie bowl.
For a strawberry mango protein smoothie, add a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder. This will thicken the smoothie a tiny bit too.
Berry Good Workout Smoothie
Get the energy you need to power through your workout in minutes with this easy-to-make smoothie recipe. For an extra dose of calcium, try adding a teaspoon of Organic Kale Powder.
What youll need: 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries, 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup raspberries, 2 Tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice, and 1/2 cup ice cubes. Blend until smooth.
Nutrition :162 calories, 1 g fat, 2 g protein, 41.5 g carbs , 32 g sugars
Recommended Reading: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie Shampoo
Easy Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
Whether youre trying to eat healthier in the New Year or youre finding this roundup of healthy smoothie ideas in the midst of a summer heat wave, I promise this list of smoothie recipes will not disappoint.
When prepping my healthy morning smoothies, I want them to tick a few key boxes. They need to be tasty, easy to prepare, healthy, and filling.
I dont like the type of smoothies that leave you feeling hungry an hour later. What was the point of dirtying my blender then?
Below are my all-time favorite easy, healthy smoothie recipes. Once youve made all the smoothies on this list, check out my smoothie recipe archives for even more healthy breakfast smoothies!