What Milk To Use In Your Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Another question I have been asked is what type of milk I suggest.
Any milk you have will work.
You wont really notice a flavor difference, or much of one.
I used 2% milk as it is what I had on hand, but you can use whole milk, almond milk, soy milk, whatever basic milk you have on hand.
Dairy free or dairy it wont make much of a difference.
No need to run to the store, just use what you have!
I hope you love this recipe as much as our family did!
more smoothie recipes you will love
More Banana Milkshake Recipes
Want to try some more banana shake combos? Add some of these mix-ins:
- Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake: Add 1 lightly heaping tablespoon of peanut butter before blending.
- Chocolate Banana Milkshake: Add 2 tablespoons chocolate fudge sauce before blending.
- Salted Caramel Banana Milkshake: Add 2 tablespoons salted caramel before blending and drizzle more caramel sauce over the top.
- Banana Split Milkshake: Swirl glass with fudge sauce before adding milkshake. Top with whipped cream, more fudge sauce, sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Swaps And Substitutions
The great thing about smoothies is that you can add or switch out ingredients to make it your own. Here are some variations you can try:
- Make this smoothie dairy-free by using dairy-free yogurt and non-dairy milk such as almond or oat milk.
- You can leave out the yogurt all together.
- Use vanilla or strawberry yogurt for a sweeter smoothie. Alternatively, add up to 1 tablespoon of honey for added sweetness.
- Swap up to half of the milk for orange juice.
- Add up to 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter. Combined with the strawberries, it tastes like a PB& J smoothie.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chia seeds.
Don’t Miss: Doordash Tropical Smoothie Promo Code
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
So, easy, the kids can do it, thats how! Easy fruit smoothie recipes start off with fresh or frozen strawberries and bananas. I prefer to use frozen fruit if I have it, this means I dont need to add any ice to make it cold or water it down. Lots of supermarkets sell frozen smoothie fruit medleys so its easier than ever! If your fruit is not frozen, youll want to add some ice to give it a frosty chill.
How To Make It Plant Based / Vegan
You can make this strawberry smoothie plant-based or vegan by doing the following:
- Make our strawberry banana smoothie. Try our Strawberry Banana Smoothie: its vegan and uses only 2 ingredients!
- Substitute non-dairy milk AND vegan yogurt or ½ banana for the yogurt. We like using oat milk or almond milk. Oat milk is usually a little sweeter and creamier so we tend to like that a little more. You could also try coconut milk, which adds a nice coconut essence, or soy milk. Then for the yogurt, use vegan yogurt or another ½ banana.
Also Check: Pineapple And Banana Smoothie For Weight Loss
You May Like: Are Fruit Smoothies Good For Diabetics
Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie
One of the best ways to enjoy summer is drinking a cold and refreshing smoothie made from fresh ingredients. Im definitely a smoothie lover as its so easy to toss a bunch of ingredients into my Vitamix and 30 seconds later have an amazing drink.
And with strawberries in abundance in the markets right now, it only makes sense to whip up this classic strawberry banana smoothie recipe. I can get fancy with smoothies and include chia seeds, collagen, hemp seeds and other fun ingredients, but a simple, straightforward smoothie is just as delicious.
So think of this strawberry banana smoothie as your little black dress. Its a classic. Because whats not to love about fresh, seasonal strawberries, sweet bananas and creamy yogurt?
Easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
All you need is 2 ingredients for the easiest, best strawberry banana smoothie recipe! Its so deliciously simple, youll find yourself making it on repeat.
Heres a smoothie recipe thats almost impossibly simple: this Strawberry Banana Smoothie! All you need is 2 ingredients, plus ice and water. Thats right: two ingredients! Its not often that our recipes are this easythough we do believe in keeping all things pretty simple. Blend up bananas and frozen strawberries and youve impossibly got the perfect smoothie texture and flavor: its creamy, sweet and fruity, with just enough banana essence. No yogurt, milk or sweetener needed! Its truly remarkable. In fact, we might give up our Perfect Strawberry Smoothie in favor of this one.
Read Also: How To Make A Dairy Free Smoothie
Read Also: What Is The Best Protein Powder To Put In Smoothies
How To Make It
Unlike baking recipes, for instance, smoothie recipes do not have to use exact measurements. You can adjust according to taste. The only difference in choosing between fresh or frozen fruit is how thick you want it to be. Frozen will make for a more milkshake-thick smoothie, whereas fresh will get thickened up slightly by the ice, but have a more liquidy texture. Or you can combine frozen and fresh fruit.
You can use any kind of soft fruit you want, such as berries, bananas, peeled peaches or nectarines, melons, even grapes, and puree, and know you can always add a bit more fruit or ice to thicken it or a bit more milk to thin it out.
Faqs About Making This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Can you add spinach to this Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
Yes. I almost always add spinach when I make this smoothie for my family, and it doesnt change the taste or texture at all however it does turn the smoothie brown.
How do you make a dairy-free Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
This recipe is very easy to make dairy-free! Simply use your favorite varieties of dairy-free milk and yogurt and make the recipe as written!
How do you make a smoothie thicker?
The key to making thick smoothies is using frozen ingredients. If you want the thickest creamiest Strawberry Banana Smoothie use frozen banana and frozen strawberries!You can even freeze some cubes of milk to have on hand to use in smoothies! Using frozen milk cubes will make it thick and creamy without diluting the flavor with ice.
Can you use Greek yogurt in smoothies?
Absolutely yes! This recipe calls for ½ cup Greek Yogurt, which makes it extra creamy and thick!
Can I add protein powder to this Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
Yes! If youd like to add more protein without effecting the flavor at all, Id recommend adding a scoop of unflavored collagen protein!To intensify the vanilla flavor you can also add a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder! Just be aware that the flavor of the protein powder you choose will effect the flavor of this recipe!
What type of yogurt is best for smoothies?
Don’t Miss: What Can You Use To Make Smoothies
How Do You Make A Smoothie Thicker
The key to a thick smoothie is to use frozen fruit and a high powered blender . Were already using frozen strawberries, but feel free to also pre-freeze your banana and use that.
If your smoothie still isnt thick enough try adding in more frozen fruit, a scoop of Greek yogurt, protein powder, and/or rolled oats.
Only Have Fresh Fruit
If you only have fresh fruit, then you have a couple of options.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Smoothie
Banana Clementine & Mango Smoothie
Kick-start your day with this deliciously refreshing drink, made with fresh fruit and yogurt. It’s rich in vitamin C and counts as one of your 5-a-day
Kick-start your day with this healthy fruit smoothie, made extra filling with ground almonds and calcium-packed dairy
Make the most of the berry season with a glass of fruity goodness
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
So you ask, how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? Its as simple as blending all the ingredients until smooth, then adding a little more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking. Its that easy! Youll need:
- Strawberries: Fresh of frozen work here. You can also substitute blueberries or blackberries!
- Banana: Again, use fresh or frozen. I like to pre-chop and freeze soon-to-go-bad bananas and store them in my freezer for smoothies. It ensures I never throw away rotten bananas and makes smoothies instantly frostier!
- Milk: You can use cows or dairy-free milk . Alternatively, you can make these Strawberry Banana Smoothies without milk and use apple or orange juice instead.
For the best possible smoothie, make sure at least one of your fruits is frozen!
Recommended Reading: How Much Does It Cost To Franchise A Tropical Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients:
To make this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, you will need the following ingredients :
- Frozen strawberries: Or you can sub in any other kind of frozen berries that you have on hand.
- Banana: I typically just use fresh bananas. But if you have frozen sliced bananas, you can omit some of the ice in this recipe.
- Milk: Any type of milk will work for this recipe cows milk, almond milk, oat milk, you name it.
- Ice: However much is needed to achieve your desired smoothie consistency.
- Optional add-ins: See ideas below!
Can You Juice Bananas
The short and simple answer is NO. You can try but the outcome wont be so good. In fact, youll just end up cleaning a big mess inside your juicer.
This is because bananas dont really have any juice. Unlike apples, oranges and berries, bananas are better consumed as a smoothie or whole. Other examples of delicious and nutritious fruits you cant juice are: avocado, mango, and papaya.
But that doesnt mean you cant blend banana, right? In fact, bananas are an ideal fruit for blending because you dont have to cut them into small pieces. Its soft so you can easily toss it inside your blender.
In addition, bananas are a great addition to bland ingredients that you can make into a smoothie. Thats because its taste can make any concoction you have taste better.
Also Check: How To Make An Amazing Smoothie
How Do I Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For the best results, youll want to add the ingredients to the blender in this order:
Then blend away, slowly ramping up to full speed! When the smoothie looks silky, take a taste test and decide if you want to add any sweetener. If you do, add the honey or maple syrup and blend for a few more seconds. If not, pour and enjoy!
How To Make A Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is as easy as 1-2-3. Feel free to add any extra flare or ingredients if youd like. We kept it nice and simple. If you feel like you want to add a serving of vegetables, try frozen cauliflower! If you would like a bit more texture try adding a couple of tablespoons of oatmeal. The options are endless.
You May Like: Smoothies To Increase Milk Supply
Final Thoughts On Smoothies With Bananas
This article proved beyond a double that bananas are a great addition to any smoothie.
Next time you have browning bananas, slice them and freeze them to make recipes with frozen bananas.
Here at Lose Weight By Eating we love smoothies! Between the website recipes and the cookbook recipes Ive written over 100 smoothie recipes.
I couldnt do that without my trusty blender. Check out this article to find out what blenders are best for smoothies.
Canned Pumpin Pure Vs Roasted Pumpkin
While you can use store-bought canned pure pumpkin purée , I recommend roasting fresh pumpkin yourself. The process takes a bit longer, but it is well worth the effort.
To make your own pumpkin puree at home, simply cut the pumpkin in half, scrape out the seeds, and roast in the oven. Then, peel the skin and puree in a blender or food processor. Thats all!
You May Like: How Do You Make A Smoothie In A Blender
Raspberry Banana Smoothies Recipe
This simple smoothie recipe is packed full of healthy antioxidants!
If you want to swap out the blueberries for more raspberries, or even strawberries, it will be delicious.
Special Tip: Baby spinach has virtually no flavor, making it the best green to add to smoothies when you first start making green smoothies.
The Right Blender For Smoothies
There is no wrong blender for smoothies. Youll want a blender that has a fairly strong motor and can easily break down ice or frozen fruit. Depending on the other uses and frequency of use, a blender may or may not be an item youd like to splurge on.
My favorite picks
- I have a BlendTec blender which I love. I use it frequently for everything from smoothies, soups and hummus to caesar salad dressing.
- The Ninja Blender is a great price for a blender and perfect if youre looking for a solid blender under $100! This blender has great reviews with great reviews!
- If you dont blend a ton, it wouldnt make sense to invest in an expensive appliance. Consider a simple hand blender I use mine to blend soups like my 20 Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup.
- I also have a magic bullet blender thats perfect for smoothies, blending spices and I even use it to make fresh bread crumbs.
You May Like: How To Make Breakfast Fruit Smoothies
How To Make Banana Smoothies
- 1bananafresh or frozen
- Smoothie ingredients
- Add all the smoothie ingredients to blender
- Blend until smooth
- Pour and enjoy
Making healthy banana smoothies is easy! Below You will find 10 recipes to make more smoothies with bananas.
Smoothies with bananas is versatile, the recipes in this article work with a number of different ingredients. From avocado, to raspberries. Ive even shared a few chocolate shake copy cat recipes!
Below you will find 10 Healthy Smoothies with Bananas
Variations For A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Not only is a smoothie a fantastic vehicle for nutritious food during the day, but is also very adaptable to your liking. Here are easy variations for this recipe:
- Chocolate. Thinking of having a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie to stave off the temptation of a less healthy dessert? Add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder or a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and this very well may replace your favorite milkshake.
- Protein Powder. This peanut butter banana smoothie has protein because of the peanut butter and Greek yogurt. But if you need an extra boost in your banana smoothie after a workout, add a ½ to 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder .
- Bowl Style. For a new twist, try a peanut butter banana smoothie bowl. Add extra banana or ice to thicken it further, then serve it in a bowl with toppings, such as granola, banana slices, or blueberries, and a drizzle of additional peanut butter.
Read Also: Hotels Near The Smoothie King Center
How To Freeze Fruit For Smoothies
To make smoothies even easier, freeze fresh fruit into portions. You can even prepare smoothie packs and freeze them for a grab-and-blend smoothie option.
To freeze fruit for smoothies, rinse and chop fresh fruit into small pieces. Pat them dry then arrange, in one layer, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Slide the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze until hard .
When the fruit is hard, divide it between freezer-safe bags and keep it in the freezer for your next smoothie.
Easy Banana Smoothie Recipes
If youve decided to make a banana smoothie, you can choose to use it as a standalone ingredient or you can also add other ingredients to enhance its nutrient value and taste.
Its easy to experiment with smoothie recipes and especially so if you have a delicious ingredient like bananas.
In any case, here are my favorite banana smoothie recipes you can try:
- Banana Pineapple
1) Slice the banana into smaller chunks and put it inside the blender.
2) Pour the soy milk, blueberries, honey and vanilla extract.
3) Blend for 30 seconds.
Extra Tip: If you want a thinner smoothie, you can add another half cup of soy milk.
This drink bursts with flavor and is filled with healthy goodness.
You May Like: Raw Vegan Smoothies Weight Loss
How To Make Banana Milkshake With Almonds
Years ago we stopped using store bought vegan milk and moved on to making our own at home. To make this banana shake, I do not blend and extract the milk from the nut pulp but instead add the nuts to the blender and make the milk. Then simply add the fruit and flavoring ingredients. Blend it to a smooth, rich and creamy shake.
1. If using regular milk, then boil, cool and chill in the fridge. According to ayurveda boiled milk is easier to digest.
2. I make almond milk instead of using regular milk. So I wash and soak the almonds for 4 to 6 hours. However you can skip and just add them directly to the blender.
3. Peel off the skin. If well soaked the peels just come off easily.
4. Give the nuts a good rinse.
5. Add them to the blender.
6. Add the sweetener. I added 2 dates. Do add as needed.
7. Pour chilled water or milk. You can also use coconut milk.
8. I added vanilla extract. Cinnamon powder goes well during winters and cardamom powder during summers.
9. Blend until the nuts are smoothly blended and you have frothy milk.
10. Add bananas. Break them to 2 to 3 parts.
11. Blend until smooth and frothy.