Strawberry Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt
This post may contain affiliate links. If you shop from one of our links, we may earn a commision.Updated:
If your kids love those expensive bottles of drinkable yogurt at the grocery store or youre looking for a super simple smoothie recipe, you have to try this one. This Strawberry Smoothie recipe with yogurt has just 3 ingredients and can even be made ahead!
How To Freeze Fruit For Smoothies
To make smoothies even easier, freeze fresh fruit into portions. You can even prepare smoothie packs and freeze them for a grab and blend smoothie option.
To freeze fruit for smoothies, rinse and chop fresh fruit into small pieces. Pat them dry then arrange, in one layer, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Slide the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze until hard . For bananas, peel them, slice and then arrange on the baking sheet.
When the fruit is hard, divide it between freezer-safe bags and keep in the freezer for your next smoothie.
How To Make A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 57 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.The wikiHow Culinary Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 752,623 times.
Strawberry smoothies are healthy, delicious, and refreshing and best of all, theyre easy to make! With just 4 ingredients and a blender, youll have a nice cold treat thats sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Also Check: Evening Smoothies For Weight Loss
Strawberry & Plum Smoothie
OK, this may not be an obvious combo, but it really works. Strawberries are in peak season around June, yet plums are more abundant around September, so consider popping a few strawberries in the freezer until plums ripen in Autumn/Fall. Be sure to wash them and remove the green hulls before freezing.
Tasty Tip A spicy twist on this pure fruit option is to add a pinch of ground ginger or ½ cm of the fresh stuff. Its a game changer!
How Long Do Smoothies Last
This smoothie will last up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Be sure the container is filled all the way to the top before being sealed. If air gets in the smoothie, it will make the smoothie less nutritious. Or, you can freeze the smoothie in a freezer-safe container. It will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
You May Like: Anxiety Smoothie
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart For Concerts
How To Make The Raft Juicer
Before you can craft the Raft Juicer, you will need to research the different resources that make up its crafting recipe. These items are Plastic, Planks, Vine Goo, Bolts, and Circuit Boards, and they can be discovered at your Research Table. Researching all of these will automatically unlock the Juicer recipe, which requires:
- 6 Plank
- 1 Copper Ingot
- 3 Scrap
Once you have crafted this at your crafting table, you will also need a battery to power it, but afterwards your Juicer will be up and running, allowing you to use it.
What Is A Strawberry Banana Smoothie Good For
I love to make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie with yogurt in the morning for a quick, easy and healthy breakfast. Its fantastic to make before leaving for work in the morning and enjoying during your morning commute, this was a go-to on-the-go breakfast when I worked outside the home.
In addition to a breakfast smoothie, this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is also wonderful as a post workout snack. You can even throw everything into the blender before you leave for the gym, store it in the fridge and then blend it when you get home so its cool and smooth. A great way to restore your energy, feed your muscles and cool offhows that for efficiency!
Recommended Reading: Anti Cancer Smoothie Recipes
Things To Know About This Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Protein Smoothie
- Its made with frozen strawberries and bananas.
- Plant based protein powder gives it a boost of protein.
- Old fashioned oats make is thick and creamy.
- It can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or snack.
- You can use an un-frozen banana to make a thinner smoothie.
- Its lactose free.
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Map
Healthy Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
This healthy blueberry smoothie recipe is made in 5 minutes with 5 ingredients. Its light & refreshing and makes a great breakfast or snack. Add spinach to make it a green blueberry banana smoothie!
I drink a smoothie every day, and love making them for my kids to sneak a little nutrition into their days . This healthy blueberry smoothie recipe is one of our favorites. ItÃ¢s easy to make with only 5 ingredients and comes together in less than 5 minutes.
You can add a variety of different mix-ins to this blueberry banana smoothie to make it even more nutritious and protein-packed! The perfect way to fuel any busy day!
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Floor Plan
Vegan Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
This healthyVegan Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie is creamy and rich. If weight loss is your goal, this filling vegan smoothie recipe can be a light meal replacement.
Vegan fruit smoothies are my go-to for a light, easy lunch. I dont like cold breakfasts but if that is your thing, a smoothie for breakfast is a healthy quick option also.
A lot of vegan smoothie flavors might seem like they wont be creamy without that dairy, but there are lots of ways to get that silky texture without the milk.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie To Lose Weight Overnight
More Vitamin C Than An Orange
Vitamin C is well-known for keeping the immune system functioning at its best. But did you know that it also helps strengthen the eyes and protect them from the suns damaging rays? Plus, its an antioxidant which means it can help to reduce the risk of cancer by protecting cells from damage and mutation.
Tasty tip Pairing strawberries with blueberries in a smoothie will get you an even better vitamin C hit. The anti-oxidants in blueberries also enhance the effects of vitamin C, so you get even more immune boosting benefits.
You May Like: Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie
How Long Does Strawberry Smoothie Last
This strawberry smoothie takes only 15 minutes to make, but can last for up to 2-3 days in the fridge. Spend some time making this rejuvenating drink in the morning and youll get to enjoy it even days later.
Dont feel like you can finish it within a few days? No worries, simply put it in the freezer.
This is a classic strawberry smoothie recipe that calls for only four ingredients and takes you just 10 minutes to make! Its a refreshing and rejuvenating summer drink that bursts with flavor.
Strawberry Keto Smoothie Recipe
For this recipe you will need 1/3 cup of strawberries , 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup ice cubes, 3 tablespoons heavy cream or coconut cream, 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener , 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and a scoop of collagen powder.
Measure out all the ingredients and add them to a high-speed blender or Vitamix. Next, blend on high until the consistency is smooth and creamy. Then, pour the keto strawberry smoothie into a tall 12-ounce glass. Serve cold.
You May Like: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie Shampoo
Are Strawberries Good For You
Strawberries are one of natures most versatile and tasty fruits and are also a good source of natural antioxidants. Strawberries can help reduce the risk of cataracts and cancer, prevent heart disease, improve brain health, and aid in weight loss.
Strawberries also provide a boost to the immune system and are also anti-inflammation and anti-hair-loss agents. They also improve skin health.
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Spoon the yogurt and milk into the blender container first, so that the blades will start rotating quickly rather than getting hung up on the hard, frozen fruit.
- tip 2 Strawberry-banana is one of the most popular fruit combos for smoothies, but if you find yourself with an overload of other ripe fresh fruit, get to work creating your own freezer pantry. To freeze fruits, sort, wash, and drain completely on a clean kitchen towel. Prep fruits as you would for serving by removing stems, coring, peeling, and slicing. Small whole fruits such as berries and cherries can be frozen individually, then placed in ridged covered containers or freezer bags. Freeze ripe bananas, in halves, so theyre ready and waiting too.
- tip 3 Almond, coconut, rice, flax, and hemp milk are all terrific lactose-free milk substitutions that make delicious smoothies.
- tip 4 Any flavor of yogurt can be spooned into the blenderthere are no rules.
Also Check: Curl Smoothie Mielle
Why You Should Make This Strawberry Smoothie
Ive made a version of this easy smoothie recipe more times than I can count. Its perfect on its own and is the best base recipe for adding more ingredients.
Here are a few more reasons we love it:
- You need less than 5 minutes to make it.
- You can use fresh or frozen fruit. In fact, frozen strawberries make the smoothie extra creamy.
- Its easy to adapt to what you have in the kitchen.
- This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Kids love it!
- You can make the smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and save for later. Details below.
Super Simple Strawberry Smoothie
Throughout my childhood, our familys summer vacations were usually either stay-cations or small day trips to county or state fairs. Everyone knows the best part about going to a local fair is the fair food. Which more often than not is something that falls in the categories of fried and on a stick. One of my absolute favorite fair foods is this Super Simple Strawberry Smoothie.
This smoothie is always one of my first stops in the maze of food vendors at the Iowa State Fair.
A few years back, I had a craving for this strawberry smoothie.
The only issue was
And there was no fair food to be had.
With some ingenuity and three simple ingredients I had on hand, my favorite fair refreshment was recreated at home.
With snow on the ground outside. .
Feel free to go ahead and throw in other fruit that fits your fancy.
Anyway you blend it, these super simple strawberry smoothies are the perfect refreshing treat for summer.
An absolute great addition to a Fourth of July party or whenever you want to recreate a fair food favorite.
- 24ozFrozen Sliced Strawberries in Sugarslightly thawed
- 8Ice Cubes
- 2Whole Strawberries
You May Like: Protein Shake Smoothie King
How To Make Ahead Smoothies
I do not recommend blending up any smoothie in advance. As the smoothie sit in the fridge, the texture really changes. However, you can prep smoothie packs!
Meal Prep Smoothie Packs Add all the blueberry smoothie ingredients to a freezer quart bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to blend, just dump in the blender, add the almond milk, and blend. Because all of the ingredients are frozen, you may need to add an extra splash of almond milk.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get new recipe notifications straight to your inbox as well as occasional bonus content not found on the blog! Click Here!
Also Check: Carnation Breakfast Essentials Smoothie Recipes
Tips For The Ideal Smoothie
This is one of those basic recipes that you just cannot get wrong, but there are things you should always keep in mind whatever kind of smoothie you are making.
- Order Matters: To get that perfectly smooth creamy texture you want to layer your greens and liquid closest to the blades. Then add your frozen fruit and add-ins. So if your blade is on the bottom layer the liquid then greens, then the rest. If your blade is the lid, place half the liquid in the bottom, add in the frozen fruit and add-ins, place the greens last and add the rest of your liquid.
- The Mixer is Vital: You want to make sure your blender is up to the task. If you are a smoothie addict, it is worth investing in a powerful blender that can get the job done and not burn out.
- Leave The Ice Outand Opt for Frozen Fruit: Adding ice to make your smoothie cold actually just dilutes your smoothie. Using frozen fruit will create a thick smooth cold smoothie with all the flavor intact.
- Sneak in Those Greens: Smoothies are a great way to add greens to your diet without having to actually taste them. Adding spinach and kale are two of the favorites which add nutrients without a ton of flavor. Use baby kale and spinach for sweeter flavors which are easier to blend.
- Protein and Fats: Smoothies are a great way to add in protein and healthy fats that can help you feel fuller longer. Nut butter, chia seeds, hemp, flaxseed, and even frozen avocado. Trust me avocado creates the smoothest creamiest smoothie youll ever have.
Read Also: 10 Day Shake Diet
Low Calorie Tips To Making Healthy Smoothie Recipes With Strawberries:
- Use 0% Greek Yogurt In place of milk or frozen yogurt. Its packed full of protein, lower in calories. And as a bonus, Greek Yogurt boosts metabolism!
- Vanilla Protein Powder If you plan on enjoying this recipe as a strawberry breakfast smoothie, add in some plant based Vanilla Protein Powder. It boosts the flavor and the protein!
- Fresh OR Frozen Berries You can make this yummy strawberry smoothie recipe year round, just pick up some frozen strawberries! P.S. Did you know strawberries naturally boost metabolism?!
Ingredients For Strawberry Smoothies:
- Strawberries: The main ingredient! I love using fresh strawberries, but frozen strawberries are an option. Remove strawberry tops to preserve the pretty pink color.
- Coconut Milk: My favorite base giving this smoothie a tropical flavor. See below for other options.
- Bananas: A staple ingredient for many smoothies, gives a nice creamy texture.
- Pineapple: More tropical flavor for this delicious treat and the frozen chunks serve as a flavorful ice so this smoothie is packed full of flavor!
Read Also: Smoothie Recipes For Cancer Patients
Two Smart Tips For Thicker Creamier Smoothies
Using a frozen banana will thicken your smoothie. The ripeness of the banana is also important, because it will ultimately determine how sweet this smoothie is. For the sweetest smoothie, peel and freeze it once its covered with brown spots, although even the ripest bananas will result in smoothies that are just slightly sweet. If you crave a little more sweetness, go ahead and drizzle in a little honey.
Opting for Greek yogurt also helps thicken the smoothie and gives it plenty of body, meaning theres no need for ice. I prefer whole-milk Greek yogurt, which makes for the thickest smoothie, but nonfat and 2% yogurt are great as well.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients:
To make this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, you will need the following ingredients :
- Frozen strawberries: Or you can sub in any other kind of frozen berries that you have on hand.
- Banana: I typically just use fresh bananas. But if you have frozen sliced bananas, you can omit some of the ice in this recipe.
- Milk: Any type of milk will work for this recipe cows milk, almond milk, oat milk, you name it.
- Ice: However much is needed to achieve your desired smoothie consistency.
- Optional add-ins: See ideas below!
Read Also: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie
Don’t Miss: Dr Oz 10 Day Detox Smoothie
Almond Milk Berry Smoothie
This is our familys go-to almond milk berry smoothie recipe. Its fast, delicious, and made with yummy almond milk.
Its been a long time coming, but summers finally here! Here in our neck of the woods , the kids summer break started a full two weeks early .
Instead of panic , Ive decided to embrace it. What better excuse for a summer packed full of fun?
Were going to be hitting the local pool, running through sprinklers in the back yard, and playing in the park.
All that fun means well be needing cool, refreshing drinks to help beat the heat. Ive been experimenting with easy, healthy smoothie recipes, like this green tea matcha banana strawberry smoothie recipe and simpler matcha banana smoothie.
I fell in love with this simple, delicious almond milk berry smoothie recipe the first time I made it.
Can I Make This With Greek Yogurt
You can make this yogurt smoothie with Greek yogurt if you prefer. The result will be slightly thicker, but it will also contain more protein. Try it both ways and see what you thinkand if your toddler has a thickness preference!
TIP: We love this strawberry yogurt smoothie without banana as an easy option if youre out or if you have a banana allergy in the house.
Recommended Reading: Bahama Mama Smoothie King
How To Make Breakfast Smoothies With Strawberries:
Special Tip: You can find these directions, along with measurements, nutrition and more in the sharable recipe card in the next section!
Up next, a sharable recipe card for our low calorie, refreshing strawberry smoothie with yogurt