How To Make Mango Passion Fruit Smoothie
Heres a thorough step-by-step instruction on how to easily make a refreshing mango passion fruit smoothie. As always, the printable recipe is at the bottom.
In a blender/food processor/immersion blender, add the mango slices, passion fruit concentrate, coconut milk, lemon juice, and sweetener of your preference. I used honey because of its floral and fruity flavor.
If you want a slushy consistency, add ice cubes to the blender and crush until smooth.
Pour your mango passion fruit smoothie into mason jar cups and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Brazilian Mango Passion Fruit Smoothie
Tropical fruit is a staple in most Brazilian breakfasts. Cheese bread, white bread, butter, and coffee also have a place on the table, but tropical fruits are a must.
While many Brazilians simply eat some fruit, my mom used to give us breakfast smoothies so that my sister and I would get more vitamins and fibers.
Todays article is one of my moms smoothie recipes, and it combines passion fruit, fresh mango, coconut milk, lime juice, and honey.
The tartness of the passion fruit offsets the mangos sweetness, and the fresh lime juice adds an extra element of brightness.
Put simply, it transports you to Brazil after the first sip! Its incredibly fresh, has a nice balance of tart, sour, and sweet, and it delivers a punch of passion fruit flavor.
Making Ahead And Storing Instructions
Can you make a big batch? Yes! You can now buy in bulk without worrying about them getting rotten.
- Store your passion fruit juice in a glass bottle or mason jar.
- It can last for up to 1 week, refrigerated
- Frozen passion fruit juice can last up to 6 months. Freeze in small portions for easier thawing.
Note: You can use ice trays and pop them in the blender to make an instant smoothie. Or add them to your favorite cocktail. Nice!
Also Check: What Kind Of Protein Does Smoothie King Use
Fresh Passion Fruit Recipes
With their sweet and tart taste, bright color, and jelly-like flesh, I just know youll fall in love with every one of these passion fruit recipes.
Some people think they taste like pineapple and mango, while others say they have some kiwi and even peach flavors in there.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
I just know theyre intoxicating and impossible to resist.
If you can find fresh, ripe passion fruit in the store, I highly suggest you buy them while you can.
But if you dont have access to them fresh, frozen pulp or concentrated juice is the next best thing.
This wonderfully sunny smoothie is bright, tart, sweet, and bursting with fresh mango, passion fruit juice, and creamy coconut milk.
Unfortunately, fresh, tropical fruit is a luxury we dont all have.
So as much as Id love to enjoy fresh mangoes year-round, sometimes I have to opt for canned slices instead.
And thats totally fine!
As for the passion fruit, youll find that most juices are loaded with sugar, which isnt how you want to start your day.
Instead, try to find the juice from concentrate and unsweetened. Otherwise, look for passion fruit pulp in the freezer section.
So, its no surprise that these muffins from Down Under are loaded with the stuff.
Banana Passion Fruit Smoothie
Both mango and passion fruit are bold flavors. So, when you put them together in a smoothie, its a sure-fire way to wake up your senses.
If you want that fantastic passion fruit flavor without it being too overwhelming, try this mellow-out banana recipe instead.
Use frozen bananas if you want it thick and creamy, and cut back on the milk if all you have is passion fruit juice.
Recommended Reading: 10 Day Smoothie Detox Diet
Dont Forget About Travel Insurance
Before you leave for Brazil, make sure you have a valid travel insurance policy because accidents happen on the road. I have been paying for Safety Wing travel insurance for a little over a year now, and I happily recommend them to my family and friends.
If you get sick, injured, or have your stuff stolen, you’ll be happy to have the ability to pay for your medical bills or replace what was stolen.
Because, for just a couple of dollars a day , you’re going to get lots of things covered. Be smart and get travel insurance.
Triple Coconut Cake With Passion Fruit Caramel
How beautiful does this cake look?
From the halved passion fruit and flowers to the fluffy coconut frosting and passion fruit caramel drizzle , youll have a hard time cutting into it.
Dont worry making the passion fruit caramel doesnt require any crazy equipment or chef techniques.
Just add passion fruit juice to heavy cream, and make the caramel how you normally would.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Low Carb Options
Make The Passion Fruit Juice
- Add syrup and stir add simple sugar syrup and water to your passion fruit juice. Stir until everything is fully incorporated.
- Adjust sweetness adjust to your desired consistency and sweetness with the rest of the water and syrup.
- Garnish and serve serve with ice and garnish with mint leaves and passion fruit seeds.
Passionfruit Banana & Vanilla Yoghurt Smoothies
- 05m prep
Who said you can’t have ice-cream for brekkie? Get your day off to a great start with this fruit smoothie.
- 2 large overripe frozen , peeled, coarsely chopped
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 185ml milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla original Italian flavoured syrup
- 1 passionfruit, halved, pulp removed, to garnish
- Select all ingredients
- Place the banana
Unsure of the quantity needed?
OK, Got It , yoghurt natural yoghurt), milk milk), ice-cream and vanilla syrup ) in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie evenly among 2 large serving glasses. Spoon over passionfruit pulp and serve immediately.
Did you make this?
For a thicker, creamier smoothie, use frozen bananas in this recipe.
Don’t Miss: Night Time Smoothie For Weight Loss
More Yummy Smoothie Recipe Inspiration
The people that talk about the beauty of spring and how its their favorite season, obviously must live where spring is beautiful. For the most part thats not generally the case here in Montana, spring is marked by rain, mud, and lots of brown landscape.
But we dont mind because its over soon, and the flowers and sunshine come back for a few brief months. Until then Ill just have to daydream about warmer weather and sip away on this tropical smoothie.
Passion Fruit And Mango Smoothie
I love love love passion fruit, either it’s a fresh passion fruit or juice. I love it all, and I am so excited to share my passion fruit and mango smoothie with everyone. Passion fruit is a tropical and subtropical fruit which is one of a type of berries. It has a sour taste with a unique fresh fragrance. Passion fruit is very high in vitamin C which is good for immune system and an antioxidant.
There are so many kinds of passion fruit in this world, but all I have seen and eaten are the yellow and dark red . The first passion fruit I had when I was in Thailand. It was a yellow color, but the one that I have in the US. is the dark red. From my experience, the differences between those two kinds are the color and size. The yellow passion fruit is bigger than the dark red passion fruit. They are different on the outside, but their texture and taste are the same.
Read Also: Smoothie King Box Office
Make The Simple Syrup
- Combine In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water and place over medium heat.
- Cook the sugar for about 2-4 minutes while stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let it cool remove the pan from the heat and let it cool, as it cools it slightly thickens up.
- Pour into a container or a glass jar and seal tightly with a lid. Simple syrup will keep refrigerated for about one month.
Olive Oil Passion Fruit Loaf Cake
When its chilly outside, I almost always have a mid-morning coffee or tea. And whats a morning break without something sweet, right?
Obviously, this pumpkin bread was my first fall bake, but not every day is chilly and in need of something spiced.
Thats where this dreamy passion fruit cake comes in.
Between the extra virgin olive oil, passion fruit puree, eggs, Greek yogurt, and vanilla bean paste, this cake is insanely moist.
But then, youll also pour over passion fruit syrup which soaks in, guaranteeing tremendous flavor and a tender crumb.
One of the best things about fresh passion fruit is that a little goes a long way.
Theyre small but mighty, and just one scoop is enough to brighten any dish.
So, if you find lemon cake a little one-note, you just have to try this passion fruit pairing.
Theres no passion fruit in the cake itself, which stays lovely and zesty.
Instead, its just a simple glaze that will cover the top, providing a tropical twist on a classic recipe.
You May Like: Smoothie King Seating Chart With Seat Numbers
Passion Fruit Martini Cocktail Recipe
Heres how to make a Passion Fruit Martini cocktail at home. Just in time for the May Bank Holiday Weekend! As staying in is the new going out, our Bar Manager has shared one of our most popular cocktail recipes for you to make at home.
Our amazing bartenders cant wait to be back at Bar 1509, making cocktails for our guests when Oatlands Park Hotel can reopen again. Until then, this sweet and refreshing quarantini will do the trick!
Tropical Passion Berry Smoothie
March 22, 2016 by Kari
This Tropical Passion Berry Smoothie is all delicious sweet flavor! Its dairy free, vegan, and so easy to make. The pineapple, banana, and mango make up the base of the tropical flavor that gets even better with the passion fruit. From there a hint of strawberry makes this rosy smoothie even better.
Before I go the grocery store, I usually sit down and draw up a basic meal plan and grocery list. But every week some of that planning goes right out the window when I get to the grocery store. I change my mind a lot based on whats actually available, whats on sale, and spur of the moment impulse purchases.
Passion fruit has been my latest of impulse buys, Im not used to seeing anything quite so exotic in our small town, so I just couldnt resist. Passion fruit has the most wonderful indescribable flavor with a delicacy you have to be careful not to overwhelm.
Read Also: Gladiator Smoothie Ingredients
What Fruit Goes With Passion Fruit
Passion fruit pairs well with tropical flavors, such as mango, papaya, orange, and watermelon.
I picked mango for todays recipe because it is incredibly sweet , citrusy, and has a lovely tropical aroma.
To top it off, I added coconut milk because it tastes creamy, and it is a bit thicker, making the smoothie creamier. You can also use almond milk instead, especially if youre trying to cut back saturated fat.
Either way, this fruit smoothie is a delicious breakfast or snack packed with vitamins and summer vibes!
Super Green Smoothie With Tropical Fruit Ingredients And Instructions
- Fresh frozen tropical fruit such as, pineapple, mango, dragonfruit, papaya
- Filtered water
- Chopped ice
- Don’t forget the Blender, you will need a high-speed blender such as the Ninja Blender or the Nutribullet or an immersion blender
Add all of the ingredients above to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
Time Needed to Make this Recipe: 10 to 15 minutes
Also Check: Best Gladiator Smoothie Combinations
Recipe Tips And Variations:
- Yield: One recipe makes enough for 2 smoothies, or more, if its for little ones.
- Storage: Drink right away, otherwise if you cant drink all of it, keep it in the refrigerator. It will melt, though.
- Thicker smoothies: Make sure the fruit is frozen solid if you like your smoothies on the thicker side. If you prefer a juicer smoothie, blend fresh fruit.
- Good blenders make good smoothies: Especially with frozen fruit and ice. If you have a weaker blender, start by adding the fruit and ice or let the fruit thaw before blending.
- Get creative: The great thing about smoothies is that you can switch up the ingredients to suit your taste. If raspberries are in season but the strawberries dont look as good, feel free to use raspberries instead. Or use a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt and a splash of orange juice in place of sherbet. Theres no wrong way to do it.
Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe With Passion Fruit Vinaigrette
If youre not a fan of savory and sweet recipes, go ahead and skip to the next dish.
This salad is packed with everything from onions, tomatoes, and chicken to creamy avocado and a wonderfully sweet and acidic passion fruit dressing.
To make the dressing, just combine extra virgin olive oil with apple cider vinegar, passionfruit pulp, dijon mustard, honey, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
If you dont want the seeds , use concentrated, unsweetened juice.
Keep in mind, though, that you may need to adjust some of the other ingredients.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King High Protein Coffee
Why Is It Called Passion Fruit
It is called Passion fruit because it comes from a species of Passion Flower or Passiflora. It is also known as Chinola in the Dominican Republic and in Spanish. The color of the fruit varies from purple, yellow, red, and green.
The name is also related to the Crucifixion of Christ and His resurrection, hence the name flor das cinco Chagas or flower of five wounds.
This name was given by the missionaries in Brazil while introducing Christianity to the indigenous inhabitants through their educational aid, back in 1700.
A Nourishing And Portable Breakfast
We like quick and easy breakfasts during the week and if they are portable, that’s even better. That’s why we love smoothies or overnight oats, for breakfast during the week.
These smoothies are 100% plant-based, I don’t use milk or yogurt in my smoothies. Instead, I use water and avocado for a nice creamy texture. An added bonus is that the fat from the avocado will keep you feeling full all morning.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Positions
Passion Fruit Juice Recipe
Not only this healthy juice drink is easy to make but the ingredients are pretty basic they are always available at home. Erm, except for Passion Fruit.
- Passion Fruit youll be needing about 2 cups of puree with seeds and 1 cup without seeds. The seeds are actually rich in fiber so its really best to keep them. Plus, they are tastier with the seeds and they also add texture to this refreshing drink.
- Water add water so you can blend and crush the passion fruit easily. Also, to dilute and lessen the thickness of your juice.
- Simple Syrup see Immaculate Bites Simple Syrup recipe here. I prefer adding syrup because it is smoother and has absolutely no sugary grains. I also find it easier to work with when making juice.
- Ice Cubes any juice is more refreshing with the addition of ice cubes. However, adding too much might make your passion fruit juice too watery.
- Mint Leaves are usually added to beverages as garnish. The mint flavor also adds a cool sensation to the mouth making the beverage more refreshing.
Tips For Making A Perfect Passion Fruit Smoothie
- The fruit quantity below is in pulp grams/cups, not in fruit numbers. Since the fruit is expensive, many people dont have access to the fresh fruit, and it varies significantly in size depending on the region, I realized weighing the passion fruit pulp is the easiest way for you to achieve the same results. For reference, 1 cup of passion fruit with seeds equals 1/2 cup of seedless pulp.
- Also, I use seedless and unsweetened pulp concentrate. If you have the ripe fruit on hand and wanna know how to remove the seeds, please refer to my recipe for passion fruit juice, where I have step-by-step instructions.
- Ripe passion fruit has a deep yellow or purple colordepending on your regionand the outer shell is wrinkled. It should be firm, not too soft, not too hard.
- Adjust the sweetener amount based on the mangoes natural sweetness and your personal preference, of course.
Don’t Miss: Sipping Pretty Palette
Raspberry & Passion Fruit Greek Yogurt Granola
Tart fruits work exceptionally well with yogurt, in my opinion. I love that blend of creamy goodness with sharp, fresh fruity flavors.
Pair that with crunchy dark chocolate granola and chopped pistachios, and this is a dangerous dish. Trust me youll want more than one bowl.
For a boost of nutty goddess, try adding a swirl of this pistachio butter, too.
Lemonade will always be a summer favorite, with its sweet and tart flavors and refreshing cold taste.
Personally, I prefer mine with another fruit to help cut through that lip-smacking sourness.
I almost always opt to add berries for both color and flavor, with raspberries being the best of the bunch.
But this passion fruit recipe is is too good not to try. Yes, passion fruit is still a little bit tart, but youll find you wont need as much sugar.
If you use fresh passion fruit pulp, youll need to stir it before serving, as some of it will sink to the bottom.