Why Oatmeal Smoothies To Lose Weight
Oatmeals are so popular as a weight-loss food that theres even a diet around them: the oatmeal diet. While the oatmeal diet does get results, its way too restrictive for my taste. The healthier and better way is to supplement an already balanced diet with freshly made smoothies.
A good diet plan should incorporate a wide variety of nutrient-dense foods including fruits, vegetables, as well as healthy sources of protein and fat. If youre restricting yourself to only oats and nothing else, your body wont get the full range of nutrients it needs.
Oatmeal and oatmeal smoothies can be a perfect weight-loss food if you use them the right way. When youre trying to lose weight, its important to lose it in a healthy way.
Im not a fan of counting calories.
Replacing empty calories with nutrient-rich foods is the way to go. This way your body gets all the nutrients it needs. Youll naturally eat less and feel better at the same time all without starving yourself.
Your body craves healthy foods like whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Oats are whole grain and therefore should be a part of a healthy, balanced diet. Theyre rich in nutrients but relatively low in calories.
Oats are complex carbohydrates. They can keep you full for longer than simple carbs and sugar. They also have a healthy dose of satiating protein.
In fact, oats have twice the amount of protein than brown rice. On top of that, oats are rich in essential minerals like iron, magnesium, and zinc.
Smoothies Enable You To Enjoy The Journey So You Can Sustain The Weight Loss
Embracing your weight loss journey with a positive mindset and enjoying the experience that comes with trying new combinations of seasonal smoothie ingredients will ultimately support you in sustaining the weight loss. Establishing positive associations with the positive changes you are making in your life will make these changes easier to sustain after you reach your ideal weight. See how Craft Smoothie makes healthy eating fun and easy, while helping you understand the unique health benefits of the ingredients youre adding to your smoothies.
Benefits Of Raw Vegan Smoothies
1) The enzymes responsible for anti-aging are left intact.
2) Starting your day with a smoothie will prevent crazy cravings later on in the day, meaning youre more likely to make sensible food choices.
3) Raw food is alive which translates into skin and hair which looks alive and healthy.
4) Raw food prevents disease as the body has all the nutrients it needs to thrive.
5) It is much faster to digest raw foods. When your body spends less time digesting food, you have more energy.
6) There is no excuse for skipping breakfast or grabbing junk food on your way to work because smoothies are so fast to make and can be eaten on the go.
7) Smoothies contain extra water which hydrates your entire body. Not only is this good for the skin, hair, and organs, but it helps your body release excess weight.
8) If youre too busy at night to prepare dinner, you can literally cover all your nutrient bases by whizzing up a quick smoothie in your blender. Check out my green smoothie for dinner recipe.
9) Eating sweet food in the morning is exactly what our bodies are designed for. We have a sweet tooth for a reason, and the reason is to encourage us to eat sweet fruit which contains so many of the nutrients our bodies need.
The problem is weve created ultra sweet food that makes fruit taste boring in comparison. A little while on a clean eating raw food diet will give you back your taste buds and youll enjoy your fruit again.
How To Make Weight Loss Smoothies
Use this method to make the following healthy smoothies recipes for weight loss:
Each recipe makes two large smoothies. You can make these weight loss smoothies for NutriBullet or conventional-style blenders.
Smoothie King Leads The Way
At Smoothie King, we take great pride in what ingredients we use, keeping the above principles in mind when blending each smoothie especially those geared toward supporting weight loss. We understand the importance of avoiding added sugar, keeping ingredients simple, and putting protein first. We are people who hold true to our promise. Below, you can find two simple, delicious smoothies we blend daily. We cant say that our smoothies automatically guarantee weight loss, but they can certainly help support your weight loss goals when added to a proper diet and exercise regimen. See for yourself.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Seat Map
High Calorie Offending Smoothie Ingredients Include:
- Nut butter. I love to add nut butters to my smoothies, but measuring it and limiting it is essential to keeping calories down.
- Too much fruit. While the whole point is to get your fruit servings for the day, too much fruit is unnecessary. Keep fruit to 1 cup or less in your smoothie.
- Fruit juices. Every smoothie needs a liquid, but be careful what you add. Juice can add 120 calories or more to your smoothie as opposed to water.
- Milk and creams. Adding skim milk is a great choice, but whole milk or cream could double your calories.
- Sugar, honey, or high calorie sweeteners. Theres a reason smoothies from a smoothie restaurant are so high in calories, and its SUGAR! Yes. I agree. They taste amazing. But, the trade off might not be worth it.
- High fat yogurts. Including a cream yogurt makes a delicious fruit smoothie, but choose nonfat yogurt and save half the calories. Choose nonfat Greek yogurt and boost the protein in your shake.
- Coconut, avocado, or seeds like chia seeds. There are whole food, healthy, high fat ingredients like avocados, seeds, or coconut. These are delicious and healthy for you. But they are also high in calories. Simply weigh and measure before you dump these high calorie whole food into a smoothie. Chances are, you will be adding ingredients that you cant even taste. Is it worth it to over do it? Probably not.
Are Smoothies Considered Raw
Not all smoothies are raw. It depends on what ingredients you add to them. As long as you add uncooked whole food in its natural state, it is considered raw food. Fruit, vegetables, leafy greens, and even some grains are raw unless they have been heat-treated.
FREESMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Foods such as nuts, seeds, oats, syrups, and packaged foods are often used on a raw food diet, but most of the time they are actually heat treated.
However, if you base your diet on healthy whole foods, I dont think its important to obsess over how raw certain foods are, especially if they come out of a packet.
If you eat more raw fruit and vegetables and a small number of whole foods from packets, youll really notice the difference in your health and weight loss.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Seating View
Best Protein Powders For High Protein Fruit Smoothies
The options for protein powder are plenty. Look for brands that are minimally processed and without added sugars or artificial sweeteners. I like the Naked Nutrition brand because the ingredients are minimal, and because you have options for pea, whey, and egg protein, among others. Lets look a little more closely at the options:
That all being said, you can certainly get naturally-occurring protein from chia seeds, flaxseeds, nut butter, spinach, and egg white, too!
Low Sugar Smoothie Recipes
Finding the right balance of flavor between lots of vegetables and minimal fruits can seem hard, but Ive tested out for you a few of my favorite smoothie recipes that are veggie filled and keep sugar levels at a minimum. Watch the video below!
Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
This is a tropical fruit delight of creamy coconut milk, fresh pineapple, and a hint of ginger. Add any of the protein options mentioned above for a boost.
Blackberry Cream Smoothie
A luscious blackberry smoothie mixed with greek yogurt and a sprinkle of hemp seeds. Plus, its packed with protein and a few sneaky cauliflower florets.
Orange Carrot Smoothie
This blend of almond milk, orange, carrot and vanilla bean is like a creamsicle in a cup! But dont look past the fact that its loaded with protein from cauliflower and a scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.
Cucumber Kiwi Smoothie
A creamy yet refreshing smoothie loaded with fiber and protein. The mix of spinach, avocado, cucumber, kiwi, cauliflower, and almond butter makes for the ultimate green drink!
Berry Spinach Smoothie
A Downshiftology classic recipe made from a rich blend of mixed berries, spinach, chia seeds and avocado. Ditch the banana for zucchini and youve got yourself a delicious low sugar smoothie recipe.
Read Also: Peach Slice Plus Smoothie King Recipe
Keep These Yummy Diabetic Smoothies For Weight Loss Handy
Smoothies that are packed with nutrition and flavor have become the go to drink for many of todays health conscious consumers. Smoothies for Diabetics and high blood pressure are great to keep handy. Natures bounty provides such a vast array of fruits and vegetables that people with or without alimentary conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure can enjoy their preferred smoothie flavor profile while still meeting their nutritional needs and weight loss goals. Ingredients used in one diabetic smoothie recipe can be completely different from smoothies for diabetic smoothies for weight loss or high blood pressure that still provide the necessary nutritional benefits.
It is important to keep in mind that fruits and vegetables that are low on the glycemic index are better options for diabetic smoothies because they are less likely to spike blood sugar. As such, smoothies for diabetes and weight loss are typically low in calories and high in protein. Diabetics with concerns about their weight can blend up a diabetic smoothie for weight loss that incorporate ingredients that will keep you full longer as well as increase energy levels to motivate and facilitate a regular exercise routine.
A diabetic smoothie recipe that boost your energy levels is also a great start to any day. This high-fiber, protein smoothie with cocoa powder from Diabetic Rejoice promise to keep you satisfied and energized for hours.
Tips For Making The Best Low Calorie Smoothies:
You May Like: Coffee High Protein Smoothie King
Green Smoothies For Weight Loss And Fat Burning
The following green smoothie recipes for weight loss are rich in plant-based nutrients, include natural sugar only , and are balanced with healthy fats.
Replace one or two meals per day with one of these green smoothies, and youll feel and look fantastic. Research for my book The Green Smoothies Diet showed that the top 5 results from a daily green smoothie habit are: more energy, weight loss, better digestion, brighter skin, and decreased cravings.
Green smoothies are also super simple and inexpensive to make. Take advantage of the frozen produce section, and buy fresh produce thats in season to make the most of your smoothie dollar. Feel free to amp up the protein content with clean, no-additive protein powder.
Bulk Up Your Smoothie
What I mean by this is that its not always just about getting the smoothies as low calorie as possible. Instead, adding things like seeds can actually help your metabolism burn more calories and will fill you up so that you are less likely to snack on other things then as well. Adding a tablespoon of oats will only increase the smoothie by 40 calories, but it will keep you fuller for an hour or two longer than a smoothie without oats. But one of the best things to add is chia seeds, which, as well as performing the same role as oats , are also a good source of protein and essential fatty acids too.
Read Also: Mielle Curl Smoothie Reviews
Feeling Good Morning Smoothie
I dont make a secret out of it, I do love Greek yogurt. Ive dedicated a whole article about it, check out these Greek yogurt smoothie recipes.
Greek yogurt is amazing. It contains almost two times the protein of regular yogurt and only half the amount of sodium.
Protein is important when youre trying to lose weight. It can help you maintain muscle mass when youre on a restricted diet.
Protein also boosts your metabolism, helping you to burn more calories each day.
And on top of that, protein can help you feel full for longer.
In this study, participants consumed up to 135 fewer calories each day, if they had a high-protein breakfast.
And this study also proved the positive effects of protein. Participants who increased their protein intake lost an average of 11 lbs after 12 weeks. Reduced appetite and improved metabolism can be a powerful combination.
The following weight loss coffee smoothie is a convenient way to increase your daily protein intake and reap the benefits of caffeine at the same time.
- 1 cup brewed coffee, chilled
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp organic cocoa powder
Can I Make These In Advance
I like to prep my ingredients the night before I plan to serve my smoothies. Our mornings are pretty crazy, so it helps to have everything ready to go. Simply place the prepared solid ingredients into a resealable bag and store it in the freezer. I like to do this for multiple flavors, label them, then decide which one Id like to blend up on the spot.
Read Also: Smoothie King Job Requirements
Banana Oatmeal Smoothie For Weight Loss 329 Calories
Combine yogurt, oats, bananas, and vanilla and you have a winner. This smoothie has everything need to lose weight the healthy way. It has 15 grams of protein without using any protein powder.
At this point, you might wonder why I use Greek yogurt all the time in my recipes. This type of yogurt is different than your regular kind of yogurt. Greek yogurt goes through a straining process and contains almost two times the protein of regular yogurt. It also only contains half the amount of sodium! If youre in need for more protein-rich smoothies, check out these 10 Greek yogurt smoothie recipes.
Its best to choose plain Greek yogurt without any added sweeteners. Remember, were using plenty of sweet fruits in our weight loss smoothies. You really wont need any extra sugar.
What Youll Need:
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
How to Prepare:
Peel the bananas. Place everything into your blender jar and blend until smooth. You can add ½ avocado to make this smoothie even creamier and more delicious.
Oatmeal Protein Shake For Weight Loss 589 Calories
If youre a gym lover, heres a good after workout smoothie for you. Health-wise I prefer vegan, organic protein powders, but some of those taste pretty awful .
Whey protein can be a good alternative when youre looking to gain some lean muscle mass. The healthiest is organic, grass-fed whey protein powder.
If youre not a fan of protein powders, but still want to add protein to your smoothies, there are natural alternatives. Try to add plant-based protein sources like nuts, seeds, or even leafy greens instead. Believe it or not, protein accounts for 30% of spinachs calories!
What Youll Need:
- 1 tbsp honey
How to Prepare:
Add the oats first and pulse a few times to a flour-like consistency. Then place all remaining ingredients to the blender jar. You can skip the honey to save some calories and sugar. Blend for about 1 minute until well incorporated. Add some more water or unsweetened almond milk if you prefer a thinner consistency.
Read Also: Tastiest Smoothie King Smoothies
Tips For Making The Best High Protein Fruit Smoothies
So, the best thing about smoothies is that they are packed with nutrition and easy to make. They are delicious, full of fiber, and a great way to boost weight loss. To make the best high protein fruit smoothies ever, keep these tips in mind:
- Use unsweetened almond milk as your liquid because it is low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals, and also gives a good consistency
- Loading your blender in this order typically works best liquid, not frozen veggies or fruits, greens if you are adding any, then the frozen fruits and veggies, and finally, the protein powder
- If you find your smoothie to be too sweet, add lemon juice
- If the taste is too bitter, add pineapple, orange, or banana
- Natural sweeteners like honey and pure maple syrup work great in smoothies
- Avocado can add creaminess to a smoothie, not to mention a load of nutrition
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the shake