Ingredients For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Heres what youll need to make this strawberry banana smoothie. Youll notice a lot of the traditional ingredients for a creamy smoother arent necessary. Theres no yogurt, no milk, no dairy to make it creamy! Just two pure, healthy ingredients that result in a plant based and vegan smoothie. Heres what youll need:
- Frozen strawberries: Its easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we dont always have them on hand. We customized this one to use a fresh banana so that you can make it immediately.
- Water and ice: For the body of the smoothie, youll just need a little water to get it to blend and ice for the perfect frothy texture.
Love plant based smoothies? Try these Top Vegan Smoothie Recipes!
Banana Smoothie Q & A
Is a banana smoothie good for you? What smoothie you prepare for yourself depends completely on what your body needs! This smoothie is a great healthy breakfast or snack throughout the week. Bananas are packed with potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C.
This smoothie also has extra fiber and protein from the flax and greek yogurt. If your doctor recommends a low sugar diet for you, keep in mind that bananas have a lot of natural sugar and adjust your meal prep for the week accordingly.
How long can you keep a banana smoothie in the fridge? We recommend eating this smoothie immediately after preparing. If you are prepping this banana smoothie and storing it in the refrigerator, we recommend storing this smoothie in the refrigerator for no longer than two days.
Do you put ice in smoothies? We dont usually recommend using ice in smoothies because it tends to water down the flavor of the smoothie. We recommend using frozen fruit over ice. However, if you are using fresh fruit, feel free to add in a handful of ice to chill the smoothie.
What can replace a banana in a smoothie? Well, in this smoothie we recommend bananas. However, feel free to use a cup of your favorite fruit if you are out of bananas.
Are Breakfast Smoothies Good For Weight Loss
- Filling breakfast smoothies that are high in protein and low in calories can be good for weight loss. Choosing hearty breakfast smoothies will help make sure you arent starving by mid-morning.
- See the Healthy Breakfast Smoothies for Weight Loss category below for recipe ideas.
Note: The above is a general guideline. For more information or specific recommendations for your own diet, please contact a nutritionist or your doctor.
Recommended Reading: Gladiator Protein Powder Nutrition Facts
How To Make The Creamiest Chocolate Banana Smoothie
With a few tips & tricks youll have the best creamy chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie every time:
Why Youll Love This Banana Smoothie Recipe
- It will give you energy and fill you up without making you feel sluggish.
- Its very kid-friendly.
- You need only four simple ingredients and five minutes to make this banana smoothie.
- Its a good way to use up extra ripe bananas.
- This banana smoothie is endlessly customizable to add more protein, fiber and other nutrients. See more banana smoothie ideas below!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Protein Powder
Dont Throw Away That Banana Peel Put It In A Smoothie
Banana peels have an incredibly long list of nutritional benefits.
Banana peels are good for vintage comedy routines and Mario Kart, but youll be shocked to know that the oft-discarded banana byproduct will give your next morning smoothie a big nutritional boost. While people in India and other countries around the world have been utilizing banana peels for years, the United States is a little behind on this healthy eating trend. The peel can be consumed baked or fried, but it is most palatable tossed whole into a high powered blender.
Banana peels have an incredibly long list of nutritional benefits. The peels are rich in vitamin A and lutein two nutrients that help delay the degeneration of the macula, a small area of the retina that controls the sharpness of your vision. Having a rough morning? Fear not, banana peels contain tryptophan, an amino acid which is the precursor to the mood-boosting neurotransmitter, serotonin. The flesh of the banana always gets all the attention when it comes to potassium content, but the peel is loaded with it too. Potassium helps maintain the proper balance of electrolytes in the body, aids in regulating heartbeat, and even whitens your teeth. If whiter teeth and better eyesight aremt motivation enough, banana peels may also assist in controlling appetite and help with weight loss. The peel is rich in soluble and insoluble fiber, which delays digestions and makes you feel full.
Are Smoothies Good For You
Smoothies are an increasingly popular wellness trend and frequently marketed as a health food.
While some types are loaded with veggies and fruit, others pack sugar or other unhealthy ingredients. As such, you may wonder whether theyre a healthy choice.
This article explains everything you need to know about smoothies, including their potential health benefits and downsides, whether they aid weight loss, and tips for making nutritionally balanced versions at home.
Don’t Miss: The Hulk Vanilla Smoothie King Recipe
Best Blenders For Smoothies
OK, youve got all of your smoothie ingredients prepped and ready to go, now how are you going to blend them up?
The key here is powerful.
You want to use a blender capable of completely mixing up all of the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy.
Here is a list of the best blenders for making fruit smoothies:
- Nutribullet A wonderful personal-sized blender option. Make sure you use the larger cup in order to fit all of the ingredients without going over the max fill line.
- Ninja Blender is also another great option!
How To Meal Prep Your Smoothies In Advance
Meal prepping your smoothies in advance is a great way to save time in the morning at breakfast or in the afternoon when you need a quick snack.
To meal prep a few smoothies at a time, just place all of the smoothie ingredients, except the liquid, in a small freezer bag. Place the bag in the freezer until you are ready to use.
Once you are ready to blend the smoothie, add the liquid to your blender and then pour in the contents of your frozen smoothie bag. Blend on high until completely smooth.
Recommended Reading: Smoothies For Stress And Anxiety
What If I Dont Like Bananas
Bananas are the backbone of my simple smoothie recipes to me, they add so much creaminess and natural sweetness for an affordable price. But, if theyre not your thing, you can add some Greek yogurt with a sweetener and ice, OR do half an avocado with a sweetener and ice. Those two combos will replace a banana nicely in a smoothie and still give you a rich, creamy texture.
Make any of these 8 Simple Smoothie Recipes today for you or your family and enjoy the balance of vegetables and fruits in these creamy, refreshing drinks!
Now you are a smoothie making expert and I hope that you have found some great smoothie inspiration to get you comfortable with making smoothies at home.
This is just a starting point though, feel free to play around with these base recipes and come up with your own favorite smoothie recipes to meet your needs and preferences!
Take the hassle out of meal planning with: Dinner Made Easy, a FREE 1 week meal plan with full shopping list, easy dinners, nutrition information, serving suggestions for each meal, and more!
List Of Smoothie Ingredients To Stock At Home:
Instead of following a specific smoothie recipe, I like to experiment with the ingredients I have at home.
Sometimes Im in the mood for something light, green and healthy, sometimes I want a post-workout protein smoothie, and sometimes Im looking for a meal replacement or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up with a little bit of caffeine.
Here is a list of the best smoothie ingredients I like to keep on hand:
You May Like: Smoothie King Protein Shake
How To Blend The Best Smoothie
Though calorie needs vary depending on age, weight, hormones, activity levels, and more, as a rule of thumb, most of us do well with snacks that contain fewer than 200 calories a 300- to 450-calorie breakfast would cover most adults needs. Heres how to get the most nutrition without driving the calories sky high.
Ingredients For This Banana Smoothie
Now that youre convinced its worth a whiz in the blender, here are the ingredients youll need for this banana smoothie! Its just 4 ingredients:
- Ripe bananas at room temperature: No need to freeze a banana here! You can whip up this banana smoothie on the spot.
- Ice: A hefty quantity of ice counteracts the need for frozen bananas.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt gives this recipe a protein boost and helpful probiotics. It also makes for a perfect creamy texture.
- Milk: Just the right amount of liquid makes this smoothie blend up perfectly. You can also use non-dairy milk .
Also Check: Seating Chart For Smoothie King Arena
What To Put In A Smoothie
Any number of great things can be put into a smoothie! Thats why they are so popular! The trick is creating the right ratio of vegetables & fruit so your creation is not only good for you, but tasty too !
The best thing about a smoothie is that its really easy to make your own!
- Milk: Cows milk, almond, rice, hemp, coconut the skys the limit!
- Juice: Lots of juices like apple, orange or grape can add a little sweetness and change up the flavor of this strawberry banana smoothie recipe.
- Yogurt: Greek yogurt or regular work. If youre using unsweetened yogurt, you might like to add a squeeze of honey to sweeten it.
- Just for Fun: Add in your favorites like chocolate syrup, almonds or peanut butter!
- Ice: If you use fruit that is not frozen, youll want to add some ice to give it a frosty chill.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Bahama Mama
How To Make A Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
Step 1: Add the fresh watermelon chunks to the blender first, this will make it easier to blend.
Step 2: Place the frozen strawberries on top of the watermelon.
Step 3: use a high powered blender to blend until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!
The juiciness from the watermelon and the iciness from the frozen strawberries makes that perfect smoothie texture.
This smoothie is naturally sweet and so refreshing.
You could also freeze this into ice pops for your kids!
If your fruit is not sweet enough, you can add a touch of maple syrup, but I really dont think you will need it.
This smoothie was plenty sweet and so fun to drink.
I only wish I had been drinking it poolside!
This drink is perfectly thick from the frozen fruit.
I would not recommend using fresh strawberries unless you are using frozen watermelon.
If you are using fresh watermelon and strawberries, you could add ice to thicken the smoothie, but it may water down the flavor a bit.
More smoothie recipes
You May Like: Smoothie King Benefits
How Do You Make A Smoothie From Scratch
In short, making a smoothie is as simple as tossing ingredients into the blender and letting it do the work. The harder part is deciding what, and how much, goes into the pitcher.
A homemade smoothie can be as simple or complex as you choose to make it.
You can make an easy 2-ingredient strawberry smoothie by blending together frozen strawberries and a bit of milk. Or you could get really complicated and make a 12 ingredient mega smoothie with enough calories to last the day.
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is even easier to blend up than a traditional green smoothie, because you donât need to blend the liquid and leafy greens first. Just toss all the ingredients into your blender and blend! A high powered blender will break down the chia seeds as well as the strawberry seeds.
If you want to make this smoothie a little lower in sugar, then swap the measurements for the banana and cauliflower. Using Â½ a banana and 1 cup of cauliflower will lower the sugar by 5 grams.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Virtual Seating
Recommended Reading: Anti Cancer Smoothie Recipes
Other Popular Smoothie Recipes For You To Try
- Healthy strawberries and cream smoothie is a deliciously creamy, smooth and naturally sweet breakfast smoothie. Its made with only 4 ingredients and no actual cream!
- Blueberry apple smoothie is not only healthy but it tastes just great. An amazingly refreshing wakeup call in the morning or maybe as a lively pick me up during the day.
- Strawberry sunrise smoothie will give you that energy boost you need to help wake you up in the morning. Nutritious, delicious and packed full of vitamin C its sure to give you that extra glow!
- Strawberry and raspberry smoothie. This is the perfect summer smoothie recipe. A delicious combination of sweet and sour berries to tantalise your taste buds!
The Right Blender For Smoothies
There is no wrong blender for smoothies. Youll want a blender that has a fairly strong motor and can easily break down ice or frozen fruit. Depending on the other uses and frequency of use, a blender may or may not be an item youd like to splurge on.
My favorite picks
- I have a BlendTec blender which I love. I use it frequently for everything from smoothies, soups and hummus to caesar salad dressing.
- The Ninja Blender is a great price for a blender and perfect if youre looking for a solid blender under $100! This blender has great reviews with great reviews!
- If you dont blend a ton, it wouldnt make sense to invest in an expensive appliance. Consider a simple hand blender I use mine to blend soups like my 20 Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup.
- I also have a magic bullet blender thats perfect for smoothies, blending spices and I even use it to make fresh bread crumbs.
Don’t Miss: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipes
What Are The Health Benefits Of Bananas
Bananas are a great after workout snack due to the high amount of magnesium they contain. They help to build the lean muscle youre trying to accomplish by working out. Bananas also contain plenty of vitamins.
I sometimes like to mix up my strawberry banana smoothie by adding an extra boost of nutrition. A few things I use are protein powder, flax seed, chia seeds, greens, or more berries such as raspberries. No matter how you customize it, youll love this smoothie. I know I sure did!
Donât Miss: 10 Day Smoothie Challenge Recipes
How Do You Make A Healthy Strawberry Smoothie
Making a healthy strawberry smoothie is about the ingredients you put in it. When using fresh, or frozen, fruit, healthy sweeteners like honey and high-quality cocoa, the smoothie is healthy. Watch out for pre-made smoothie mixes. These smoothie mixes are usually loaded with chemicals, added fat and added sugar. Making strawberry smoothies are healthier when you make them yourself.
Read Also: Best Gladiator Smoothie Combinations
My Favorite Ingredients For Smoothies
I like to mix things up on the smoothie front by switching up the ingredients. For this Strawberry Banana Smoothie I used the following ingredients:
- Greek Yogurt
Thats it! And I used the frozen strawberries because it adds a frosty creaminess to the smoothie thats simply amazing.almost like dessert! Frozen fruit allows you to skip the addition of ice but if you want to make it even thicker then certainly throw in a few ice cubes to the mix to add bulk to the smoothie.
Can I Make A Green Smoothie With No Banana
You sure can! Try one of these:
- Make our greena colada smoothie without banana instead. It uses frozen pineapple in place of the banana.
- Replace the banana with a half cup of canned pears in juice and a handful of ice.
- Sub in about one cup of any other frozen fruit for the banana . You might need to adjust the sweetness by adding more honey or maple syrup depending on the sweetness. Be warned though: strawberries and spinach make a delicious combo, but your smoothie will be a not-pleasant grey color.
- To replace the creaminess of banana, try adding a bit of Greek yogurt!
Read Also: Smoothie King Slogan