How To Make A Keto Strawberry Smoothie
This keto strawberry smoothie is incredibly easy to make. Basically, all you have to do is to blend all the ingredients in your blender until completely smooth.
There are a few secrets that make this smoothie so smooth and creamy:
Why I Use Chia Seeds In My Smoothies
I also like to add chia seeds to my smoothies because they add fiber and thickness. If you pulverize the seeds in a high speed blender, they will start to thicken your smoothie like pudding.
Some other healthy ingredients I sometimes put in my smoothies are ground flax seeds, maca powder, Great Lakes gelatin, powder greens or fresh greens, ground nuts or nut butter, hemp seeds, and so on.
How To Store Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie
- To store: Its best to consume this strawberry smoothie fresh. If you prefer to store it, dont keep it for more than 24 hours in the refrigerator as it starts to separate and loses that creamy texture.
- Is this smoothie freezer-friendly? Yes! You can freeze this smoothie in an ice cube tray, and when ready to serve, just blend the ice cubes to make the best smoothie. It tastes like soft serve!
Don’t Miss: King Center Ticket Office
How To Make A Blueberry Protein Power Smoothie
Add fresh blueberries, flaxseed meal, unsweetened almond milk and vanilla whey protein powder to a blender. Luckily my husband loves his protein shakes even though he isn’t low carbing. It can be very useful to steal the odd scoop of powder every now and then! Blend until smooth, then taste for sweetness. Depending on your personal preference and ripeness of the blueberries you may not need to add any sweetener! If the smoothie does need sweetening, you could make some low carb simple syrup or use the Da Vinci brand of sugar-free syrup as it is zero carb! It is available in many flavors, I just use the plain one.
Oh and if you don’t fancy messing up the whole blender for a smoothie then an immersion blender works well too.
It also works really well with raspberries! The nutritional data is very similar and you don’t get little bits of blueberry skin!
Why This Recipe Works
- This recipe is great for breakfast, as a meal replacement or post workout recovery!
- This peanut butter smoothie can easily be whipped up in your blender. Made in just 5 minutes for a delicious and wholesome meal.
- Full of nutrition. This smoothie is packed with healthy ingredients that will fuel your body, is low in sugar and wont leave you crashing afterward!
- Taste like dessert and is low in carbs! This peanut butter smoothie tastes just like a peanut butter cookie but is much healthier and nutritious! This smoothie is made with peanut flour in place of peanut butter! Will satisfy your sweet craving and leave you feeling satisfied.
- This smoothie is perfect for those with special dietary restrictions. It can easily be made nut-free, is gluten free, dairy free and low carb .
- Perfect for meal prep. This smoothie can easily be prepared and pre-measured ahead of time for those who are busy and on the go!
Also Check: Smoothie King Peach Slice Plus Recipe
Peach And Spinach Fruity Green Smoothie
Peaches contain gazillions of health benefits, aside from the fact that it is rich in phenols which are phytochemicals that act as antioxidants. It is also an effective stress reliever, has anti-helminthic properties, and helps reduce hair loss. And since it is a good source of selenium it has anti-cancer fighting properties too. This smoothie
Why You Will Love This Smoothie
Im always on the hunt for a delicious smoothie recipe thats both healthy AND keeps me full! If youre on the prowl for that kind of smoothie, too, look no further than THIS keto peanut butter smoothie! Its also low in carbs, but high in protein and healthy fats making it the PERFECT smoothie to not only fill you up, but keep you full! It is a keto friendly choice that you and your whole family will absolutely love- I guarantee itll be one of the BEST keto friendly smoothies you have ever tried!
Also Check: Smoothie King Arena Events
Banana Mango Smoothie Recipe
Bananas are excellent supporters of a healthy heart. One large banana provides up to 480mg of potassium, which is essential for the muscles that make your heart beat. In fact, low potassium intake is related to higher risk of stroke so, bananas high-potassium/low-sodium combo makes them a great addition to any healthy heart routine. This
Other Smoothie Recipes To Try:
- Super Energy Cranberry Apple Smoothie: Boost your energy in the morning with this Super Energy Cranberry Apple Smoothie that combines the tartness of the cranberry with the sweetness of the apple, the flavor of the coconut milk, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Low Carb Chocolate Smoothie: A chocolate smoothie is a great way to start your day or to recharge mid-afternoon. This low carb smoothie will help you maintain your diet while you feel like you are indulging.
- Mango Green Smoothie: This is the fastest way to get more greens in your diet. Make this delicious Mango Green Smoothie and start your day right.
- Cherry Pineapple Smoothie Recipe: This cherry pineapple smoothie takes just minutes to make and is a great nutritional breakfast option.
- Peach Green Smoothie Recipe: This creamy peach green smoothie is a great start way to kick-start your day because it is loaded with minerals, vitamins, and fiber.
Read Also: Low Carb Low Sugar Smoothie King
Smoothie Ingredients I Used
The main ingredients are: unsweetened almond milk, vanilla whey protein powder, chia seeds, frozen pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice & vanilla stevia.
I dont like mine super sweet but you could easily add some extra stevia, Swerve or your sweetener of choice. The vanilla protein powder has enough sweetness for me but you might want more.
By the way I used to use vanilla extract and sweetener but now I use Sweetleaf Vanilla Steviawhich works much better in my opinion.
Liquid Base For Smoothies
Start off with a liquid base to create your smoothie. Youre aiming for low in calories, sugar and fat. High in protein is a plus. I pour the liquid into the blender first so I can measure the amount . I often use 2% cows milk because we have it on hand for the kids. Almond, cashew, coconut and soy can be good alternatives if regular milk doesnt agree with you. Between these, soy milk has the highest protein while the others have next to nothing.
- Approximate Nutrition Facts per 1 cup :
- Whole cows milk 146 calories, 8 grams protein, 11 grams carbs, 13 grams fat
- 2% cows milk 122 calories, 8 grams protein, 12 grams carbs, 5 grams fat
- Fat-free cows milk 90 calories, 9 grams protein, 13 grams carbs, 0 fat
- Soy Milk 90 calories, 8 grams protein, 9 grams carbs, 3.5 grams fat
- Almond Milk 30 calories, 1 gram protein, 1 gram carbs, 2.5 grams fat
- Cashew Milk 25 calories, 0 protein, 1 gram carbs, 0 fat
- Coconut Milk 552 calories, 5 grams protein, 13 grams carbs, 57 grams fat
Don’t Miss: Power Punch Plus Recipe
Can I Prep This Smoothie Ahead Of Time
The best way to prepare this smoothie ahead is to place everything in the blender except the ice the night prior. In the morning, add the ice and blend.
If you want to get fancy with it, feel free to drizzle with a little melted peanut butter and chocolate shavings before serving.
Your straw is waiting.
How To Make A Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
You can add anything you like your own smoothies, but this healthy pumpkin pie smoothie is my favorite right now. Try it and I think you will make it your new morning smoothie too!
The nutrition for 1 serving is: 164 calories 6.3g fat / 11.7g carbs / 7.1g fiber / 15.9g protein = 4.6g net carb
You May Like: Smoothie At Night For Weight Loss
Can You Make This Peanut Butter Smoothie Ahead Of Time
If you are running short on time in the mornings, it might be helpful to prep your smoothies ahead of time in large batches! This is actually really easy to do!
- A great way to make your smoothies in advance is to make individual freezer bags full of your smoothie ingredients already measured out. This way you can store the freezer bag of smoothie ingredients in the freezer for a quick grab and blend breakfast option.
- For this peanut butter smoothie, you could pre-measure the cauliflower rice, chia seeds, peanut flour and protein powder into a freezer-safe bag and store in the freezer.
- On the day of, you will just dump this freezer bag of ingredients in the blender and add dairy free milk! This takes a lot of the time you would spend in the morning measuring out of the equation!
Dark Chocolate Banana Nut
Four words that combine to sound like a jam session at Ben & Jerry’s house. The density of the banana will have you convinced you’re drinking a milkshake, while the omega-3s in the walnuts will keep your mind sharp and your belly lean. To get more of these anti-inflammatory fatty acids, don’t miss these 26 Best Omega-3 Foods to Fight Inflammation and Support Heart Health.
- ½ banana
- 1 teaspoon dark chocolate morsels
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- cup chopped walnuts
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Application Employment Online
How To Make A Low Carb High Protein Smoothie
Smoothies are great all year round theyre quick to make as post workout fuel or can be a good snack to keep you going during the day. You can add greens and disguise them easily, you can pack a lot of protein in and you they can keep you hydrated. One downside of smoothie however is that a lot of shop bought smoothies have banana in, which although gives it a nice thick and creamy texture, it increases the carb content significantly. Below I have highlighted what youll need to consideration for when you want to make a low carb, high protein smoothie followed by an easy recipe.
High Fiber Chocolate Mocha Pinto Bean Smoothie
Beans in a smoothie? Sure! Pintos are mild and the coffee and chocolate mask them. Packed with fiber, protein and vitamins, they should have a place in everyones diet, and when it comes to heart health, pinto beans have additional advantages. In a recent study, researchers found that having just ½ a cup of pinto
Also Check: Mielle Twisting Souffle Review
Keto Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients
- Frozen strawberry Its essential to use frozen strawberries or any berries you have on hand. They make this smoothie cold and refreshing.
- Milk Any type of unsweetened milk will work in this recipe almond milk, coconut milk, or macadamia nut milk.
- Heavy cream makes this smoothie taste like a delicious milkshake. If you want to go dairy-free just skip it or replace it with coconut cream
- Protein powder I used unflavored protein powder, but you can use vanilla and even chocolate.
- Xanthan gum The secret ingredient that makes this smoothie instantly thick and super creamy. Youll need such a small quantity. I usually order this one off Amazon, and it keeps me for months.
- Sweetener Depending on the sweetness of your berries, use more or less sweetener. You can either use granulated sweetener or a liquid one they both add that delicious sweet taste.
- Vanilla extract Omit vanilla extract if using vanilla flavored protein powder.
How Do You Make A Low Carb Smoothie
To make this high protein, low carb chocolate peanut butter smoothie, you blend together creamy, full fat coconut milk with cocoa powder, peanut butter and protein powder. While optional, I love to add vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne. A little nutmeg would be delicious too.
Next, add in a bit of water and ice to thicken. The water helps get everything going in the blender and the ice keeps is thick and cold. How much ice you add is up to you simply add as much as you wish to reach your desired consistency.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie For Depression
What Fruit Can I Add To This Healthy Breakfast
A great tasting low carb smoothie makes an incredibly healthy breakfast and you can eat it on the go! Kids especially seem to love these for breakfast, and theyre a great way to fuel up for a busy day.
Substituting other low carb fruits are a fantastic way to change the flavor profile and up the nutrition ante this low carb strawberry smoothie is one of my favorites. Sometimes I make one for dessert!
Protein Smoothies For A Low Carb Diet
Ive been playing around with high protein smoothies in an attempt to get a mix of low carb, low sugar ingredients that will allow the smoothie to do three things: taste good, be compliant with a low carb diet, and keep energy levels high until lunch. The recipe below does all three!
It took me a while to buy in to the smoothie trend, but Im fully on-board now, as long as you leave out the bananas and high fructose fruit and the high lactose dairy. Smoothies can be a great way of getting leafy greens and protein into our diets, both of which have a high correlation with weight loss success.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Seating Chart By Row
How To Make Keto High Protein Smoothie
You only need a few ingredients to make this sugar free chocolate smoothie. Your milk of choice, in ours we used unsweetened almond milk but coconut milk is also a great option. You need plain Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt for dairy free, no sugar added peanut butter or another nut butter you prefer, unsweetened cocoa powder, and collagen peptides.
Vanilla Chia Pudding With Chestnut Honey & Berries
Why We Love It: Contrary to popular belief, low-carb high-protein snack recipes dont always have to be savory. And while Ive always reserved chia pudding for breakfast, its time I let it shine during other meals of the day. What can definitely be enjoyed as a snack can totally double as dessert. Its light and literally zero-effort. A magic pair.
Hero Ingredient: Three tablespoons of honey or maple syrup keep things just sweet enough.
You May Like: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipe
Keto Drinks Recipe Variations
Oh!! The places youll go! Changing the flavor of your healthy frozen low carb drinks is a cinch, and there are so many options its just crazy!
Using vanilla protein powder instead of chocolate will give you a totally different flavor and so will opting for other low carb fruits. You can also garnish with hemp seeds or blend them directly into your low carb protein shake.
Adding shredded coconut or substituting other nut butters will give your low carb protein shake a subtle flavor twist. You can also toss in a handful of keto nuts or use them for garnish. Fresh herbs, like mint, work well too.
I like to add a little bit of cold coffee and garnish with dark chocolate shavings for dessert!
Peanut Butter Keto Low Carb Smoothie With Almond Milk
Just wanted you to know that this Keto Low Carb Smoothie With Almond Milk is sponsored by my friends over at Almond Breeze!
This Keto Low Carb Smoothie With Almond Milk is an EASY sugar free 5 ingredient breakfast that tastes like a peanut butter cup! SO creamy!
Oh hey! Hi! Hello!
You probably wishing you were still snuggling in bed on a cozy weekend morning but, alas, youre running around like the crazy-busy-gotta-get-the-day-rollin kind person that I know you ARE.
HOLD IT RIGHT THERE THOUGH. Just because youre busy and running around does not mean I am giving you permission to skip breakfast. You know it IS the most important meal of the day and its going to give your busy-body the ENERGY and PUNCH that it needs to OWN the WHOLE week.
For those busy-no-time-to-cook kinda mornings when you were not your usual meal-planning-prepared self with some cookie dough overnight oats or breakfast egg muffins at the ready, this low carb breakfast smoothie is going to come in REALLLLLLL handy.
Recommended Reading: Healthiest Smoothie From Smoothie King