Fruit Smoothie Recipes Without Banana
My 8 Simple Smoothies You Should Know How to Make post is the second most popular post ever on Wholefullyand for good reason! Those simple smoothies are a great primer to smoothie-making. They use simple ingredients that you recognize and the smoothies are all delicious!
But the absolutely number one negative comment I get on that post is from banana-haters why do they all have to use bananas? Well, I love the sweetness and creaminess a frozen banana adds to fruit smoothies, but I HEARD you, friends. And today, weve got a whole new set of eight fruit smoothie recipes for youand this time, there isnt a single banana in sight!
Even better than that, all the smoothies are dairy-free and contain no added sugarmaking them paleo and vegan-friendly.
How To Make Banana Smoothie
1. First, peel and chop 3 large bananas. Add them to a blender.
Here I have used over ripened bananas. As they are overly sweet, you wont need to add any sweetener.
2. Add ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon powder and ½ cup lite coconut milk. You can swap cinnamon powder with ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract or add both.
For a more sweeter taste if you like add 1 to 2 tablespoons of your preferred sweetener.
Continue reading for more recipe variation suggestions!
3. Cover the jar and blend until smooth.
4. The smoothie should be perfectly smooth and creamy. Pour into two serving glasses.
5. Lastly, sprinkle on some toasted nuts and seeds. I sometimes also add chia seeds. This is optional but highly suggested to make the smoothie extra filling, nutritious and add a great bit of crunchiness.
Here I have used a mix of toasted sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, white sesame seeds and flax seeds. Feel free to add your favorite nuts or toasted seeds.
6. Serve banana smoothies immediately.
A Few More Notes On This Recipe
- You could easily substitute another frozen fruit for the frozen strawberries. Frozen raspberries, blueberries, mango, peaches, or pineapple would all be delicious.
- If youre using only fresh fruit make sure to add a handful of ice to cool the smoothie down and thicken it up!
- If youre using only frozen fruit you may need to add a little extra liquid to make sure the smoothie will move freely through your blender blades.
- This smoothie could be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. It wont be as thick if you drink it later but it will still be delicious!
- If you want to add some extra nutrients to this smoothie feel free to throw in some add ins! Chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond butter, and collagen would all be good.
Also Check: Age To Work At Smoothie King
How To Store A Banana Smoothie
If you need to store your smoothie, place it in a covered container and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. If you want to make it ahead of time, you can freeze banana smoothies for up to 2 months. Let thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
You may need to stir or shake your banana smoothie again to blend the ingredients if you store it for another day.
How To Store And Freeze
If you don’t want to drink the whole smoothie at once or have made extra, you can either refrigerate or freeze it for later.
- To refrigerate: Simply place the container in the fridge for one to two days. Take it out and remix it before drinking, as some of the ingredients might have separated.
- To freeze: Put the smoothie in an airtight freezer-safe container or freezer bag, and put in the freezer where it will keep for up to three months.
Also Check: Mcdonald’s Wild Berry Smoothie
Best Banana Pineapple Smoothie Variations
Theres so many fun ways to enjoy this ravishing recipe! You can change the color by adding fruit or veggies, thicken it up into a smoothie bowl, or even make scoopable sorbet. The ideas are limitless. Dare to dream of new tasty and creamy concoctions!
- Silky Sorbet Create a delectable dessert by decreasing the liquid by ½ cup. Pour into a freezer-safe, covered container and freeze for an hour or two before serving. Scoop into bowls and add any toppings you wish. Substitute the dairy-free milk with water or extra pineapple juice for a full fruit foundation.
- Blended Tropical Smoothie Bowl Reduce the plant milk by ½ cup to make a thicker consistency. Pour your smoothie into a coconut bowl and garnish with banana slices, pineapple tidbits, coconut flakes, chia or hemp seeds, and thin strips of fresh mango. Yum!
- Create Colorful Combos Brighten your smoothie with bold colors by using dark leafy greens or fresh fruit. Experiment with a spinach pineapple banana smoothie in a glorious green hue or a strawberry pineapple banana smoothie painted in a pleasing and perky pink.
Make Banana Pineapple Smoothies Dairy Free For A Healthier Version
This dairy free Banana Pineapple Smoothie is a fantastic take on the classic without all the dairy. Im all about making recipes plant-based and dairy free when I can. Dairy-free cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless Its quite the opposite when done right. You can achieve total richness and creaminess with some simple swaps.
By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all myvegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
Recommended Reading: Paper Smoothie Cups With Lids
How Else To Reach Your Daily Fruit Goal
For me, the trick is to make the fruit very presentable. The prettier the presentation, the more I eat/drink. This Strawberry Smoothie Without Yogurt worked for me because I beautified it with frozen berries on top. I look at it with hearts in my eyes and then dump it. I guess thats called auto-brain-washing, haha.
Another way that works great for me is a pretty fruit platter. Ive got tons of tips onhow to arrange a beautiful fruit platter.
Recommended Reading: Mixed Berry Smoothie Mcdonaldâs
Are Strawberry Banana Smoothies Healthy
Many will argue that fruit-only smoothies are not the healthiest. Here is the thing. Adding vegetables to your smoothies is super smart and healthy. Keeping the sugar content down is smart and healthy.IF you dont already eat a ton of vegetables.
I eat vegetables like a machine. Fruits, not so much. I struggle to eat enough fruit. It basically the only food group I struggle with. Vegetables no problem. Protein no problem. Carbs no problem. Fruit.argh, I have to eat more than an apple slice a day??
This Strawberry Smoothie without yogurt and without milk sweetened with only banana has gotten me to get in so much more fruit in a day and I serve a tiny glass of it to my kids as dessert and they LOVE it. So I guess it depends on how you look at it.
If your diet is low on vegetables and high on sugar , no, a Strawberry Smoothie Without Yogurt will probably not be the healthiest for you. If you drink it in order to get in your daily fruits and or a replacement for dessert, YES, it couldnt be any healthier )
Recommended Reading: Good Healthy Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Ingredients For This Banana Smoothie
Now that youre convinced its worth a whiz in the blender, here are the ingredients youll need for this banana smoothie! Its just 4 ingredients:
- Ripe bananas at room temperature: No need to freeze a banana here! You can whip up this banana smoothie on the spot.
- Ice: A hefty quantity of ice counteracts the need for frozen bananas.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt gives this recipe a protein boost and helpful probiotics. It also makes for a perfect creamy texture.
- Milk: Just the right amount of liquid makes this smoothie blend up perfectly. You can also use non-dairy milk .
How Long Can You Keep A Banana Smoothie In The Fridge
Generally, a smoothie will keep about 8-12 hours in the fridge. A quick smell will clue you into knowing if the smoothie is okay or not. If you do plan on storing a smoothie, store it in a container with an airtight lid. Youll want to fill that container to the very top to prevent trapping air in the container.
For this Banana Smoothie recipe, I recommend eating it all in one sitting, preferably right after making it. I dont find this smoothie sits or stores well. As the frozen banana melts, it changes the texture of this delicious drink.
Recommended Reading: Best Smoothie Blender For Home Use
Pineapple And Apple Smoothie
To make Smoothie Recipes without Milk First, take a blender, now add 1/2 dates , now add two slices of peanut, now add half apple, now add one spoon of roasted oats and half glass water, now blend it well, After blending the smoothie is ready.
This smoothie is my one of the favorite smoothie, you can take this smoothie for breakfast, lunch, those who have vitamin D deficiency, those who have a thyroid problem, they can include this smoothie in meal, and those who have diabetes can use this smoothie. Do not take
I hope you have liked this smoothie recipe, if you like it, then you will definitely tell in the comment.
Can You Make A Smoothie With Water
You can absolutely make a smoothie with water instead of milk.
Water is an excellent option for the liquid base of a smoothie because it does not have a flavour so it will not interfere or clash with any other ingredients in the smoothie. For example, green smoothies often go much better with water than milk.
While water is nutrient-void, especially in comparison to milk, you can still blend a nutrient-dense smoothie by focusing on the other ingredients you include in the blend, and not adding too much water so as to not water down the smoothie.
Similarly, you can make a smoothie with ice instead of milk.
Ice will add that hydration to the smoothie, while also creating a thicker consistency and a lovely cold and frosty smoothie. Just note that adding too much ice can have the same watering-down effect as water.
Read Also: Can You Put Emergen C In A Smoothie
Banana Smoothie For Weight Loss
Banana smoothie is a healthy, sugar-free, and vegan recipe.
But when it comes to weight loss, personally, I have not been benefited from banana smoothies for weight loss.
Banana smoothie is high in dietary fiber that may aid in weight loss.
Overall it is a very healthy smoothie drink and you can add it to your weight loss diet if you can limit the carb and calorie content for the day.
Does anybody need instruction for a smoothie?
No. Simply blend it in the blender and you are ready with your energizing drink.
Just blend it until smooth.
How many calories does a banana smoothie contain?
It depends on the ingredients you put into it.
The nutritional facts are calculated from verywellfit.com
The recipe yields one large mug of a healthy banana smoothie that can be served to 1 or can be divided into small glasses between two.
How to make a banana smoothie recipe without milk?
To make a banana smoothie recipe just use:
- 1 large banana
- cup of yogurt
- ¼th cup of water
- Optional: 1-2 of vanilla essence, a pinch of cardamom or cinnamon powder, or 1 teaspoon honey
How to make a banana smoothie recipe without yogurt?
If you do not wish to use any yogurt in your banana smoothie then use:
- 1 large banana
- Optional: 1-2 of vanilla essence or a pinch of cardamom or cinnamon powder.
How to make a thick banana smoothie?
The thick banana smoothie recipe includes frozen bananas.
Add some crushed ice to make a thick and chilled banana smoothie.
Best Peanut Butter For A Smoothie
There are a lot of great peanut butter brands on the market. I like to use Justins Peanut Butter because its all-natural and has no sugar added.
You could also use almond butter or another type of nut butter. I like natural peanut butter. This is a great way to add healthy fat to your breakfast smoothies.
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Green Smoothie Cleanse
How To Make A Banana Smoothie With Ice
- Add yogurt and other ingredients to the blender, adding the ice last.
- Blend following the manufacturer instructions for your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add any chunky add-ins like chocolate chips or chia seeds.
- Give it a quick pulse to blend your smoothie.
- Pour into a frosted glass and serve immediately.
- Top with a banana slice to make it fancy.
This is my favorite smoothie blender. It works great at powering through the ice.
Whats In My No Banana Smoothie
For convenience, thickness and creaminess Im using frozen fruit.
If you want to sub for fresh, you can with slightly different results. But remember since this is a smoothie without banana, using only fresh fruit wont give it that creamy texture.
Make sure to add a handful of ice cubes if using mostly fresh fruit to help thicken it up.
So frozen blueberries, strawberries and pineapple makes up the bulk of this smoothie without banana.
Plus some freshly squeezed lime juice to add a bit of tartness.
Pecans and hemp hearts for protein, and of course your liquid to blend this all up. My preference is soy milk, cashew or almond, but whatever you have on hand will be great.
Also Check: What Is In Smoothie King Immune Builder
How Do You Make A Smoothie Thicker
One last thing to address in this post is how to make a smoothie thicker.
Smoothies in my opinion are all about texture.
I absolutely do not like runny, gritty smoothies.
I prefer my smoothies to be super thick and creamy, almost to ice cream texture.
This way it feels like a treat when I am drinking it!
Are Banana Smoothies Good For You
Banana smoothies can be good for you as long as you use healthy ingredients! This recipe contains bananas, milk, vanilla, ice and a bit of sugar. Sugar is optional though. If your bananas are ripe enough, they will provide enough sweetness for your smoothie which will make a very healthy banana smoothie recipe!
The sugar in this recipe is used to sweeten and deepen the banana flavor. But it is not necessary if you prefer to leave it out.
The point is, you can always modify this recipe to meet your dietary needs, just know that the overall taste and texture will be a bit different if you do so.
Are you ready for this smoothie recipe? Ok. Let’s do this!
You May Like: Blended Smoothies For Weight Loss
How To Make A Smoothie Without Yogurt Or Milk In 3 Simple Steps
Lets dive straight into the basic how to steps for creating delicious dairy-free smoothies
If you havent tried frozen banana in a smoothie yet, youre in for a treat
Were not sure of the science behind it, but lets just say that something magical happens when you pop an average-looking banana in the freezer compartment for an hour or two. It changes the texture completely, and creates a genuinely creamy quality that is an ideal yogurt or milk replacement for dairy-free smoothies.
Tasty tip Frozen banana actually makes a spectacular ice-cream substitute too, but thats an entire article in itself and we need to stay focused here
How To Make Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
If you like the taste of peanut butter as much as I do then incorporate it into your banana smoothie.
Peanut butter is an easy and healthy food that is a great source of protein, vitamins, and minerals while also containing healthy fats like omega 3-fatty acids.
Eating peanut butter can help you avoid processed foods with added sugar or unhealthy oils while still feeling satisfied after eating.
To make a peanut butter banana smoothie you need:
- 1 Large Banana
- 2 tablespoon of peanut butter
- Optional: 1 cup of crushed ice and choco chips for decoration
Read Also: Tropical Smoothie Palm Beach Gardens
Why Make This Banana Smoothie Recipe
Out of all banana smoothie recipes, why choose this one? Let us tell you why this one deserves to be part of your smoothie repertoire.
- Its made with unfrozen bananas. Its our pet peeve to open a smoothie recipe and find it calls for frozen bananas. That requires thinking ahead, and you want your smoothie now! This recipe removes the need for freezing those bananas.
- Frothy and creamy texture. Youve got to have just the right combo of ingredients to get a creamy texture thats not runny or gooey. This one nails it.
- Sweet and banana-forward, with no added sugar! If not formulated correctly, a banana smoothie needs added sugar to bring out the banana flavor. But this one has just the right amount of fruit to be sweet enough on its own.
Healthy Banana Smoothie Without Milk Health Benefits:
I know the color of this vegan chia banana smoothie might not be the prettiest, but its packed with healthy ingredients and its so delicious!
- Instead of sugar, I added dates, which are like natures candy.
- Bananas contain fiber as well as antioxidants. Theyre also rich in potassium.
- And lets not forget about the chia seeds. Over the last few years, chia seeds have become a popular superfood.
Read Also: Smoothie Weight Loss Plan Free