Whats The Best Blender For Making Smoothies
If youre blender shopping, here are the three blenders we recommend at each price range for smoothies:
- AFFORDABLE: Cuisinart Hand BlenderThis immersion blender is packed full of power, and will easily make a smoothie for you!
- MEDIUM: Ninja Professional BlenderThis was the blender we used in the Wholefully test kitchen for years, and its a great starter-level, but still high-powered, blender.
- PRICEY: Vitamix Professional BlenderA Vitamix is the top of the line when it comes to blenders, and its what we use everyday in the Wholefully test kitchen. Its a lifetime appliance that is a dream to use!
Healthy Chocolate Milkshake Recipe
Banana Almond Butter. Here are a number of highest rated Banana Almond Butter pictures upon internet. We identified it from reliable source. Its submitted by dealing out in the best field. We put up with this kind of Banana Almond Butter graphic could possibly be the most trending subject afterward we part it in google lead or facebook.
Whats The Best Way To Sweeten A Smoothie
If you like your smoothie on the sweeter side, there are several healthier options to just adding refined sugar. Pictured above are some of my favorite no sugar added sweeteners :
If you would rather sweeten your smoothie with a liquid sweetener, good quality honey or maple syrup is a great option. These will increase the calorie content of your smoothie, so less is more.
You May Like: What Makes A Healthy Smoothie
Recommended Reading: Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie
How To Make Peanut Butter Powder Smoothie:
You will need:
2. Oat Milk3. Apple
The method is super simple. The apple is cored and diced. Then, all the ingredients are added to a high-speed blender and blitzed until smooth.Serve and enjoy!
We wanted to keep this recipe banana-free because a lot of smoothie recipes call for bananas. However, if you are a fan of bananas, especially banana + peanut butter, feel free to use banana instead of apple.Another alternative we can offer is if you dont mind dairy, feel free to use dairy milk.
We are trying to cut down on dairy, and we found that using non-dairy milk is just as good as using non-dairy.
How Do You Make A Low Carb Smoothie
To make this high protein, low carb chocolate peanut butter smoothie, you blend together creamy, full fat coconut milk with cocoa powder, peanut butter and protein powder. While optional, I love to add vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne. A little nutmeg would be delicious too.
Next, add in a bit of water and ice to thicken. The water helps get everything going in the blender and the ice keeps is thick and cold. How much ice you add is up to you simply add as much as you wish to reach your desired consistency.
Recommended Reading: Low Carb Low Sugar Smoothie King
It Up With Shaved Chocolate
Serving this chocolate peanut butter smoothie as a treat? Top it with a sprinkle of dark chocolate! You only need about 1 tablespoon, and when you stir it in it makes for tasty chocolate chunks in each sip. Its optional, but a fun way to take it up a notch! Then add a drizzle of peanut butter to take it over the top.
Ingredients & Substitution Notes
- Natural Peanut Butter: We always use natural peanut butter that consists of 100% peanuts. There might be a little bit of salt added which is fine but try to opt for peanut butter without any added oil or sugar. Choose organic peanut butter if you like. Could be replaced by almond butter or cashew butter but the taste will be different!
- Milk of Choice: Choose a plant milk such as soy milk or almond milk or even oat milk for a vegan smoothie. You could also use regular milk though.
- Dates: We prefer using Medjool dates for this recipe because of their ultra gooey texture and caramel-like flavors. If you can’t find any, regular small dates will work as well but you’ll need almost double the amount.
- GroundFlax Seeds: They add some healthy fats as well as texture and help make the smoothie thick and creamy. Can be replaced by chia seeds.
- Ice Cubes: Because there’s no frozen banana added, we use ice cubes to achieve a creamy texture.
Don’t Miss: Smoothies For Stress And Anxiety
How To Thicken A Smoothie
Smoothies should have a relatively thick texture. If a smoothie is too thin, it wont taste as good or feel as filling as a thick smoothie. Luckily there are some simple tricks you can use to thicken up your smoothies!
Start with frozen fruit. Frozen fruit is the #1 best way to create a thick and delicious smoothie. When your bananas are ripe, remove the peels and place them in a freezer bag in the freezer to keep on hand to make smoothies.
Add chia seeds. Chia seeds absorb 10 x their weight in water, making them an excellent thickener for smoothies! Just make sure to drink your smoothie shortly after making it if you add chia seeds. If you wait too long, the smoothie can become too thick.
Use less liquid. An easy trick to thicken up a smoothie is to simply just use less liquid. Start by adding less and then you can always add more if the smoothie is too thick. Its easier to thin out a smoothie that is too thick than it is to thicken a smoothie that is too thin.
Add icecubes. I dont usually add ice to my smoothies because I find it makes the smoothie less creamy, but this is a great option if your fruit isnt frozen. Add a big handful of ice to the blender and it will help thicken things up!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
This thick and creamy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie recipe is loaded with creamy peanut butter, old fashioned oats, bananas, and soy milk. Its sure to keep you full and satisfied all morning! Perfect for busy mornings, work commutes, post-workout fueling, or midday snacks.
Love smoothies as much as I do? Try my Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe, my Healthy Berry Yogurt Smoothie recipe, and my Berry Spinach Smoothie recipe.
Read Also: Vanilla Protein Blend Smoothie King
More Smoothie Recipes You Might Like:
One thing to note is that you can also up the nutrients in this delicious smoothie very easily. All you have to do is blend up some spinach in with it. It will probably turn your smoothie a nasty color, but it will give you an awesome nutrient boost. I dont like spinach raw, but I cant even taste it in smoothies, so its a great way for me to sneak some in. Go ahead and try it out the next time you have a smoothie. Youll probably be surprised by how little you actually taste it. Aside from that, just try to always keep a few bananas in your freezer, frozen in chunks. The worst thing you can do is go to make a smoothie or delicious banana nice cream, and find that you have no bananas left. Ive been there, and its not fun. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this tasty recipe!
Sending happiness & light your way!-Alyssa
Disclosure: These posts may contain affiliate links, which means I will receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no additional cost to you! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: The resources and information shared on this site are solely for informational purposes and arent intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any condition or disease or provide any professional advice.
Can I Prep This Smoothie Ahead Of Time
The best way to prepare this smoothie ahead is to place everything in the blender except the ice the night prior. In the morning, add the ice and blend.
If you want to get fancy with it, feel free to drizzle with a little melted peanut butter and chocolate shavings before serving.
Your straw is waiting.
Read Also: Berry Punch Smoothie King Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothies
Posted on Last updated:
Home » Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothies
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothies are a filling way to start your day. Theyre made with wholesome ingredients that will help keep your healthy eating on track.
This post is sponsored by Quaker Oats but all opinions are 100% my own. As always, thank you for supporting brands that support What The Fork Food Blog
You guys totally love your oatmeal smoothies. My Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothies were my fourth most popular recipe on the blog in 2015 and my Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Smoothies just missed the list of Top 10 Recipes from 2015.
Im sure these Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothies will be just as popular. Because really, who could resist a little chocolate peanut butter combination in the morning? Especially when its for something thats not going to cause you to cheat on your 2016 healthier eating goals. Youre more than welcome
Im a really big fan of oatmeal smoothies in the morning. The oatmeal really makes the smoothies filling so they truly keep you satisfied until lunch. I often find that if I have a regular smoothie for breakfast, Im hungry shortly after.
Thats not the case with these chocolate peanut butter oatmeal smoothies. They provide protein from the 1% milk, oats, and peanut butter, provide enough carbs to help keep you fueled, and are sweetened with just enough honey.
Whats In This Strawberry Smoothie With Peanut Butter
- Strawberries I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get$10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Almond Milk plain and unsweetened! The higher the fat content, the creamier the milk will be.
- Banana: add 1 banana or some of this great banana powder. We add a bit of this banana powder to smoothies, oatmeal, or baked goods its great for a little extra sweetness without using granulated sugar.
- Peanut Butter: Like my peanuts, I only use unsalted peanut butter to keep it healthy.
- Ground Flaxseeds:I always add a scoop in my oatmeal for a little extra nutritional punch! This flaxseed meal has a wonderful nutty flavor too. Flaxseeds have a ton of amazing health benefits, so add a scoop to breakfasts, lunches, or smoothies!
- Plant-Based Vanilla Protein Powder of all the protein powders in the world, this vanilla protein powder is one my absolute favorite! Its simple, has just 4 ingredients, and tastes amazing with fruit smoothies. Its not chalky and contains tons of plant protein to keep you going throughout the day!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Muscle Punch Recipe
Avocado Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie
Published: by Bree
This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission should you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
This avocado peanut butter smoothie is thick, creamy, and makes the perfect dessert or breakfast. It is dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan, and the peanut butter chocolate taste is delectable!
I absolutely LOVE smoothies! Fruit-filled smoothies, spinach smoothies, and more. The possible combinations are endless.
Usually my smoothies are filled with fruit, and I often try to incorporate a leafy green in there too. One of my favorites at the moment would have to be this arugula smoothie with pineapple and mango.
However, for this recipe I wanted to make something more indulgent and decadent. This avocado peanut butter chocolate smoothie is like dessert! I almost feel guilty when I’m having it, but it is made with healthy ingredients. Just make sure you only have one serving because it is high in healthy fats and calories!
How To Make This:
As far as whipping up this peanut butter coffee smoothie, it doesnât take much. Add the milk and the coffee and then add in all the other ingredients on top.
Blend until smooth. If it seems a bit thin, you can add a touch more frozen banana or a couple ice cubes. Add a dollop of whipped cream if you want to go true mocha style, like fresh from the coffee shop!
Read Also: Night Time Smoothie For Weight Loss
Read Also: 10 Day Smoothie Fast
Are Peanut Butter & Banana Good For You
Peanut Butter and banana are a classic combination, and with good reason. Not only do their flavors compliment each other well, they also have some potential health benefits!
- Bananas are a good source of fiber, so they are filling while being relatively low in calories. Bananas are also a good source of potassium, which is essential for kidney function, and may help to lower blood pressure and the risk of heart disease.
- Peanut Butter is about 25% protein, so it contributes 8 grams of protein to this dairy-free smoothie. Peanut butter is a good source of monounsaturated fats, antioxidants, as well as nutrients like magnesium, folate, and vitamin E.
If you dont mind your drink turning green in color, try adding a handful of fresh spinach to this peanut butter banana smoothie. It wont change the flavor at all, but youll get even more nutrients into your day!
Donât Miss: Dr Oz 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse
Dont Forget These Smoothie Making Tips
With a few tips & tricks youll have the perfect, thick and delicious strawberry peanut butter banana smoothie every time:
Also Check: Smoothie King Low Carb High Protein
How To Make A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Get ready, because were about to show you how 4 simple ingredients combine to make a delicious, filling, nutrient-packed smoothie! All thats required is frozen banana, rolled oats, peanut butter, and your milk of choice .
Frozen banana provides a creamy, naturally sweet base and makes this smoothie thick and chilled without diluting the flavors with ice. When it comes to nutrition, bananas are potassium and vitamin B6 powerhouses and also supply vitamin C, fiber, biotin, and more.
Rolled oats provide plenty of fiber and whole grain goodness, including phosphorous, magnesium, zinc, and even a little protein. Plus, they help thicken it even more for the ideal smoothie texture!
Peanut butter adds a delicious peanut flavor plus protein! P.S. Did you know peanuts outcompete other types of nuts and even rival beans when it comes to protein content ? Were into it.
The final essential ingredient in this smoothie is milk! It provides the liquid to get this thing blendin!
If youre looking to step up the nutrition even more , throw in a handful of spinach! You wont even taste it. Pinky promise.
Flax meal or hemp seeds are optional for an omega-3 and fiber boost. And if you prefer more sweetness, then honey, maple syrup, or dates will do that for you. Cinnamon also adds sweetness in its own subtle way!
We hope you LOVE this smoothie! Its:Creamy
- 1Tbspflaxseed meal or hemp seeds
- 1-2tsphoney or maple syrup
- 1/4tspground cinnamon
Do You Need To Freeze The Bananas
I highly recommend freezing your bananas. Since the banana is the only fruit in this recipe, there isnt any opportunity to use other frozen fruit to chill and thicken the smoothie. The frozen banana makes the smoothie very thick and creamy. Trust me, its worth planning ahead!
If you absolutely cant use frozen bananas, use fresh, but then youll need to add additional ice to compensate. The results will likely be much more watery.
You May Like: Moong Dal Calories
Smoothie Ingredients And Substitutions
- Banana: this is what makes up the base of the smoothie. Its important here to use frozen bananas to create a thick and creamy smoothie that has a great texture! If you only have fresh bananas on hand and want to make this smoothie, then just make sure to add a big handful of ice to the blender.
- Peanut butter: natural, creamy or any kind you like. Theyll all taste great in this smoothie! You can also use any other type of nut or seed butter you love.
- Chia seeds: these dont only add some extra nutrients to the smoothie, but they also help to thicken the smoothie and make it more creamy.
- Cinnamon: just a pinch of cinnamon goes a long way! This will help flavour the smoothie and the taste goes so well with the peanut butter and banana!
- Almond milk: I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. This gives the smoothie a hint of delicious vanilla flavour.