Why This Recipe Works:
Not gonna lie. Most smoothies I make at home consist of fruit, tons of spinach, all kinds of seeds, and some kind of liquid to hold everything together.
My main smoothie goal is to pack in as many nutrients as possible which means that they aren’t always super delicious. My plan was different with this Strawberry Banana Smoothie.
Sure, this smoothie is still made of good wholesome quality ingredients, but it tastes like an expensive tropical drink you order pool side.
How Do You Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is made with a mixture of strawberries, bananas, Greek yogurt, and juice. Once you have gathered your ingredients and measured them out, toss them into the blender. Blend the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy. Serve immediately and enjoy your summer day!
This recipe calls for frozen strawberries. You can freeze your own but its often easier to just buy them already frozen. However, beware because some frozen strawberries come with added sugar so be sure to check the ingredient list before purchasing.
You can turn this strawberry banana smoothie with yogurt into a shake if you so desire. Simply substitute the juice for milk and the yogurt for strawberry ice cream. Your healthy little smoothie is quickly turned into a sweet treat. Both are great for beating the summer heat.
Ingredients For A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Heres what youll need to make this strawberry banana smoothie. Youll notice a lot of the traditional ingredients for a creamy smoother arent necessary. Theres no yogurt, no milk, no dairy to make it creamy! Just two pure, healthy ingredients that result in a plant based and vegan smoothie. Heres what youll need:
- Frozen strawberries: Its easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we dont always have them on hand. We customized this one to use a fresh banana so that you can make it immediately.
- Water and ice: For the body of the smoothie, youll just need a little water to get it to blend and ice for the perfect frothy texture.
Love plant based smoothies? Try these Top Vegan Smoothie Recipes!
Also Check: Best Blender For Personal Smoothies
How To Make Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Making this creamy beauty is quite easy. It will take you 5 minutes . You will only need a good blender.
- Start with preparing and measuring all the ingredients. I like to use measuring cups.
- Take the blender and add all ingredients. Note: add wet ingredients first for easier blending. Also, add in ice cubes, if using.
- Mix everything at high speed until you get a smooth silky texture.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more liquid milk or water. Blend again until everything is well combined.
- Taste the smoothie and add additional sweetener if the smoothie is not sweet enough. I recommend using 1-2 soaked dates, date syrup, raw honey or maple syrup, stevia, or any low-carb sweetener. This is totally based on your preference.
- Transfer the smoothie into a tall glass.
- ADD TOPPINGS: I used banana slices and cacao nibs. Be creative here and add toppings you like.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 1 cup that serves 1 person or 2 servings as a snack.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Bananas
Bananas are a great after workout snack due to the high amount of magnesium they contain. They help to build the lean muscle youre trying to accomplish by working out. Bananas also contain plenty of vitamins.
I sometimes like to mix up my strawberry banana smoothie by adding an extra boost of nutrition. A few things I use are protein powder, flax seed, chia seeds, greens, or more berries such as raspberries. No matter how you customize it, youll love this smoothie. I know I sure did!
Also Check: How To Make A Real Smoothie
Ingredient Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Im going to admit, ever since spring started Ive been trying to lose a few pounds. One of my all time favorite fun and easy ways to shed a few pounds during the summer is to drink a glass of refreshing smoothie every day either for breakfast or dinner.
Smoothies fill you up for a long time and when made without sugars or added sweeteners can be a great way to get an intake of fruits and vegetables.
This strawberry banana smoothie is made with just 3 ingredients. Strawberries, bananas, and milk or water. You just toss all the ingredients in the blender for a few seconds until its nice and creamy and your done. It really doesnt get much easier than this!
You can also customize it by adding some berries or even some kale for an even healthier smoothie.
Can You Make This Smoothie Ahead Of Time
I dont recommend making your smoothie ahead of time. Smoothies melt as they sit in the fridge and their consistency isnt the same if re-frozen.
For best results enjoy your smoothie right away!
Read Also: Strawberry Banana Smoothie Mcdonalds Price
Homemade Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I love a good smoothie! Theyre refreshing and a great snack or breakfast on the go. But hitting up your favorite smoothie shop each week can get expensive. Thats why I love making my smoothies at home. Theyre so simple, and with a little planning can be an easy addition to your daily routine.
Homemade smoothies are also a great way to use up any extra produce you have on hand that bunch of frozen, overripe bananas youve been hoarding for way too long. And making your smoothie at home allows you to better control the amount of sugar in it. Its easy to think youre making a healthy choice when you purchase a smoothie at a restaurant. However, Ive been shocked to see the amount of calories I was taking in with what I thought was a healthy snack.
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is made with no added sweeteners. Just the sweetness from the strawberries, bananas, and soy milk!
My Strawberry Banana Smoothie Tips
- Dont use all frozen fruit. If you were to use both frozen strawberries and a frozen banana, youre likely to end up with a super thick texture more similar to my Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe. So instead, use fresh strawberries and a frozen banana. If you only have frozen strawberries, let them thaw before using.
- Dont add any sugar. Its crazy that some recipes call for a sweetener with a full fruit smoothie. Mother nature has given us plenty of sweetness in the strawberries and banana so theres no need to add extra sugar.
- Make it with dairy or dairy-free. You can make this strawberry banana smoothie with dairy or dairy-free/vegan. Ive got recipes for both homemade yogurt and a dairy-free coconut yogurt. You can also use regular milk or my cashew milk or any healthy store-bought dairy-free milk or yogurt options as well.
- Dont add ice. Using a frozen banana in the recipe keeps the drink cold, but it doesnt water it down. Adding ice to smoothies makes them watery pretty quickly.
Also Check: Dannon Light And Fit Protein Smoothie
Health Benefits Of Strawberry Banana Smoothies Tasty And Healthy
- Post author Scientific review: Dr Heben’s Team
People are starting to realize how important healthy living lifestyle is. That is why they are starting to eat more vegetables and fruits but they forget to enjoy and savor them. It is different when you eat something because you should eat them with when you eat something because you want them. Most parents are frustrating when their children dont want to eat vegetables theyve served on their plate it is because those parents forget to teach their children how to savor them but only force those vegetables and fruits for them to eat because they should. Smoothie is one of the fun ways you could teach yourself and your family to how savor their food because smoothie is not only healthy but also super tasty.
Strawberry and Banana Smoothies
Smoothies are different from fruit juices. Due to its name, smoothies, this type of beverage has thicker texture than common fruit juices due to some additional ingredients such as ice cream, yogurt and cookies that are blended together with raw fruits. Strawberry and banana are making delicious smoothies when added with ice cream or Greek yogurt. Not only that, the health benefits of strawberry banana smoothies will solve all parents problem toward their needs to ensure the essential nutrients intake for their family.
Nutritional Values of Strawberry and Banana
Strawberry is packed with vitamin C, beta-carotene and vitamin A
Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie
One of the best ways to enjoy summer is drinking a cold and refreshing smoothie made from fresh ingredients. Im definitely a smoothie lover as its so easy to toss a bunch of ingredients into my Vitamix and 30 seconds later have an amazing drink.
And with strawberries in abundance in the markets right now, it only makes sense to whip up this classic strawberry banana smoothie recipe. I can get fancy with smoothies and include chia seeds, collagen, hemp seeds and other fun ingredients, but a simple, straightforward smoothie is just as delicious.
So think of this strawberry banana smoothie as your little black dress. Its a classic. Because whats not to love about fresh, seasonal strawberries, sweet bananas and creamy yogurt?
Also Check: How Do I Make A Smoothie
How Much Sugar Is In A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Because strawberry banana smoothies are mostly fruit, they do tend to have a good amount of sugar. This homemade strawberry banana smoothie has 19 grams of sugar .
This is natural sugar and 19 grams is way less than most smoothies you can order at a smoothie shop. For instance, the Starbucks Strawberry Banana Smoothie has 58 grams of sugar!
The daily sugar intake recommendation for an average adult is about 25 grams of sugar day, even if its coming from natural sources. Just something to be aware of!
Why Are Frozen Oregon Strawberries So Good
Pop on over to oregon-strawberries.org to see why they’re so amazing. Here are a few of my favorite Oregon strawberry tidbits:
- Grown on family farms and picked at the peak of ripeness, Oregon strawberries are widely known for exceptional taste, and deep red color throughout
- The qualities that make our strawberries so wonderful to eat, make them difficult to ship long distances when fresh.
- More than 90% of our strawberries are frozen with 24 hours of being picked, to lock in maximum taste, color, and nutrition which means it’s really Oregon strawberry season 365 days a year!
- There are many different varieties of Oregon strawberries to ensure ripe, fresh strawberries from May to September
You May Like: Smoothie To Lose Weight Overnight
Strawberry Banana Smoothies For Breakfast
One of the more simple smoothie recipes for beginners and pros alike, is the infamous strawberry smoothie recipe.
A good homemade smoothie recipe has fresh fruits that complement each other , add a splash of milk, yogurt and a dash of honey if youd like and youve got a sweet snack that will nourish and fuel your body for hours!
If you are looking for a quick pick-me-up after a workout or are recovering from a cold and have had enough Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, youll love sipping on a vitamin packed strawberry banana smoothie!
Chock full of gut comforting calcium, vitamin C, and fiber, this such a great smoothie recipe! What we eat can truly transform our bodies, and with a solid supply of easy smoothie recipes on deck, its easy to get creative while getting healthy! Even kids love a good banana smoothie!
Cautions Of Strawberry And Banana Mixed In Smoothies
Well asides from its ridiculously list of benefits for human health, still there are some cautions you should worry about when it comes to strawberry and banana smoothies though the list is not something you should worry about, just to be a little bit careful.
- Be careful with the amount of banana you add to the smoothies because banana is excellent source of carbohydrate. Instead of losing weight, banana could add weight to your scale when you eat it too much.
- Be careful with the amount of strawberry you add to your smoothies as well because the sour flavor of strawberry is not only ruining the already wonderful taste of the smoothies but could cause some stomach problems for those who have sensitive stomach.
- Be careful with additional ingredients you add to your smoothies for the smooth texture such as milk, ice cream, yogurt or cookies. Yogurt is delicious and healthy but it is recommended to choose the low fat only. The same thing goes with the choice of ice cream, milk and cookies.
- Be careful with strawberry and banana smoothies you bought from the vendor stand because you have no idea what stuffs have been added to the so called healthy smoothies. Most vendors will add refined sugar, syrup or other artificial flavoring to add more flavors to the smoothies.
A New Year A New Bundt Cake
Before Christmas I was given a voucher for lakeland, and I knew when I saw they were selling the new Nordic Ware Jubilee Bundt tin. That was where the voucher was going. The new tin is lovely! The geometric shape is beautiful and eye catching. It looks so impressive and there isnt a need to decorate when it comes out. In the spirit of January, healthy eating and more fruit and vegetables, I decided to give my latest bundt a healthy update . Strawberry and Banana smoothie bundt cake was my answer. I love smoothie and it was going to end up in the bundt mix one day.
It looks so pretty when its sprinkled with icing sugar!
I was so surprised how amazing this cake tasted! My family were equally surprised and very happy to help eat it all!
I think this bundt cake goes up with my passion fruit bundt cake as one of my favourites ever! The wonderful smoothie flavour really stands out and is a joy to eat. It does taste healthier if that is possible.
Easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
All you need is 2 ingredients for the easiest, best strawberry banana smoothie recipe! Its so deliciously simple, youll find yourself making it on repeat.
Heres a smoothie recipe thats almost impossibly simple: this Strawberry Banana Smoothie! All you need is 2 ingredients, plus ice and water. Thats right: two ingredients! Its not often that our recipes are this easythough we do believe in keeping all things pretty simple. Blend up bananas and frozen strawberries and youve impossibly got the perfect smoothie texture and flavor: its creamy, sweet and fruity, with just enough banana essence. No yogurt, milk or sweetener needed! Its truly remarkable. In fact, we might give up our Perfect Strawberry Smoothie in favor of this one.
Also Check: Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie
What Are The Health Benefits Of Strawberries
If you didnt know it already, strawberries are a cholesterol free, fat free, sodium free, low calorie fruit. Strawberries also contain a lot of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and a ton of other vitamins and minerals. Strawberries are loaded with potassium so if you ever get a leg cramp, try eating some strawberries!
How To Freeze Fresh Fruit For Smoothies
For the coldest, creamiest smoothie possible, use quality frozen fruit. Store-bought frozen fruit is a convenient option and is especially handy when berry season is long gone. Keep bags tightly closed and consistently frozen to avoid icy, dull-tasting fruit.
Its also easy to freeze fresh ripe fruit, and its a great option when strawberries are dirt cheap at the supermarket or you bought a few too many bananas.
To freeze strawberries: Give them a good wash, drain, and let them completely dry. Cap the berries and slice them in half, placing on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Theyll keep for two months.
To freeze bananas: Simply peel and slice into chunks. Stick the baking sheet full of fruit in the freezer for at least an hour, or until the fruit is frozen solid. Scoop into a zip-top freezer bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Frozen bananas will keep for a month.
Recommended Reading: Milk Smoothies For Weight Loss
Creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are a fantastic way to start the day. They’re simple to make but have lots of good energy ingredients to get you moving in the morning without feeling heavy or weighed down. It’s also a great option for kids who are on the go but need a healthy energy boost! It’s filling and it tastes amazing!
How Do You Make A Smoothie Thicker
The key to a thick smoothie is to use frozen fruit and a high powered blender . Were already using frozen strawberries, but feel free to also pre-freeze your banana and use that.
If your smoothie still isnt thick enough try adding in more frozen fruit, a scoop of Greek yogurt, protein powder, and/or rolled oats.
You May Like: Blended Smoothies For Weight Loss
A Few More Notes On This Recipe
- You could easily substitute another frozen fruit for the frozen strawberries. Frozen raspberries, blueberries, mango, peaches, or pineapple would all be delicious.
- If youre using only fresh fruit make sure to add a handful of ice to cool the smoothie down and thicken it up!
- If youre using only frozen fruit you may need to add a little extra liquid to make sure the smoothie will move freely through your blender blades.
- This smoothie could be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. It wont be as thick if you drink it later but it will still be delicious!
- If you want to add some extra nutrients to this smoothie feel free to throw in some add ins! Chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond butter, and collagen would all be good.