Meal Replacement Smoothie Faqs
When is the best time to drink a meal replacement smoothie?
Any time is the right time for a smoothie! Personally, we love drinking ours in the morning for a great start to the day. But besides drinking a smoothie as breakfast, lots of rawkstars drink their smoothie for lunch or dinner, as an afternoon snack, or as a healthy dessert.In case youre planning on having your smoothie in the evening–most of our smoothies provide a great energy boost similar to a cup of coffee. So if you’re looking for a pre-bedtime green smoothie recipe, we’ve got you covered: Sleep Well Smoothie.
Is replacing a meal with a smoothie healthy?
The MOST important thing when blending any meal replacement smoothie recipe is to include healthy fats AND proteins. This combo will keep you feeling full and give you the energy you need to cruise right through til your next meal or snack.
Do smoothies help you lose weight?
Easy Breezy Tropical Orange Smoothie
Who doesnt love tropical vibes during the summer? This smoothie is fruity, refreshing, and citrusy.
It combines orange and pineapple for bold flavor and adds in a banana for a creamy component that makes this tropical bliss.
And its only 4 ingredients, so it doesnt get much simpler.
How To Use Mct Oil
There are so many ways, yet the key is to start with a SUPER small amount! This stuff is potent and can cause some serious diarrhea if you take too much. Yep, I just said that. When it comes to using it, here are my personal favs:
- Put it in your coffee: I put 1 teaspoon in my coffee every morning. Combined with 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, this Rawkstar Coffee keeps me full + energized until my mid-morning green smoothie.
- Add it to your smoothies: MCT oil benefits that smoothie in SO many ways. Don’t like the taste of coconut oil? Then try this out instead!
- Add it to salad dressing: When making an olive oil-based salad dressing, swap out some of the olive oil for MCT oil. It also works great in salad dressings that have apple cider vinegar in them .
Pro tip: If you add in 1 teaspoon of MCT oil and 2 tbs chia seeds to any of our classic green smoothie recipes, you can instantly transform it into a meal replacement green smoothie. If you’re looking for a starter smoothie to soak up those MCT benefits, then try out this digestion boost smoothie below.
Recommended Reading: Night Time Smoothies
Do Smoothies For Weight Loss Actually Work
When you replace your standard breakfast with a weight loss smoothie, you can lose weight.
On the Zero Belly Smoothies diet, a 39-year-old emergency-response adviser from Katy, Texas, Fred drank Zero Belly Smoothies as part of his weight-loss program. “I noticed results in the first week,” he says. “It really was amazing.” Fred lost 21 pounds and 5 inches off his waist over the next six weeks.
Ohio’s Martha Chesler, 52, who lost 21 pounds and 7 inches off her waist in less than 40 days, had the same experience. “I saw results immediately,” she says.
In fact, in our original Zero Belly Test Panel of more than 500 men and women, many lost up to 16 pounds in the first 14 days. Now you can achieve results like these even more quickly with this carefully created, highly effective collection of Zero Belly Smoothies.
Why Use Weight Loss Smoothies
A good weight loss smoothie is not only healthful and filling, but also quite tasty! Its important to find a weight loss smoothie recipe that you actually like, so that youll be more willing to actually drink these smoothies on a regular basis.
Some benefits of the best weight loss smoothies include:
- Packs a ton of nutritious ingredients into a low-calorie drink
- Can be used as a meal replacement, or as a snack
- Helps you feel full and satisfied without a full meal
- High protein, but low fat/carb/sugar/etc
- Helps you stick to your diet
- Improves your chances of reaching your weight loss goals
- Easily masks the taste of greens and other healthy, but less tasty foods
- Convenient and quick
- Can help improve your energy levels and wellbeing
- Easy to modify to keep things interesting
In short, if youre trying to lose weight, the best smoothies for weight loss can really help. Whether you use them as meal replacements or just as snacks in between meals, they can make all the difference in your diet plan.
There are thousands of weight loss smoothie recipes out there, but weve sifted through the masses to find the 3 tastiest recipes for you. Enjoy!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie At Night For Weight Loss
Pina Colada Slimming Smoothie
If anyone is ever feeling like they are in a smoothie slump I always recommend following Joy Bauers Slimming Smoothie Formula because it allows for creativity and variety while still sticking to your goals! says Samantha Bartholomew, MS, RDN, registered dietitian nutritionist at FRESH Communications.
- Agave nectar, honey, maple syrup or other sweetener, to taste
- 1 small banana, cut into pieces and frozen overnight in a freezer bag
Steps:Combine the oats, milk, cocoa powder, cinnamon and sweetener in a resealable bowl. Stir together, cover and refrigerate overnight. Add the banana and oat mixture to a blender and blend until completely smooth. If the shake is too thick, add more milk for a thinner consistency if its not sweet enough, add more sweetener.
Oatmeal Banana Smoothie For Weight Loss
When you dont feel like chewing your food, but you want to eat something light in the morning, this filling oatmeal smoothie is perfect as a meal replacement.
This oatmeal banana smoothie can help you lose weight because it contains a good amount of fibre, little saturated fats and its a great low calorie smoothie.
Get the recipe from fitnessfoodrecipes
Also Check: Moong Dal Calories
Detoxifying Weight Loss Smoothie Powder
Smoothie powders provide one crucial benefit for weight loss: they support detoxification of toxins that disrupt your weight loss hormones.
So, were talking specifically about hormones like:
Insulin: if you have any insulin resistance, this increases your insulin levels. More insulin triggers the body to store more fat.
Cortisol: if you face any chemical, physical or emotional stress, then your adrenals produce more cortisol. High cortisol contributes to insulin resistance, and once again, this makes weight loss more difficult.
Estrogen: many of the food toxins were exposed to are estrogen-based. This can contribute to estrogen dominance and lead to weight gain.
Leptin: this hormone is responsible for sending a signal to your brain when youve had enough to eat. Basically it tells your brain that its time to stop eating. Any toxins that disrupt leptin function can leave the door open to overeating.
In order to lose weight easily, these hormones need to be in balance.
And that means your smoothie should include detoxifying superfoods like spirulina, chlorella, beets and more.
The easiest way to get the benefits of these foods is with a high quality smoothie powder.
My hands-down favorite detox powder is this Green Juice Powder from Organifi. It contains some of the best detoxifying ingredients you could dream of using, including chlorella, wheatgrass, spirulina, beets and much more!
Tips For Making The Best Low Calorie Smoothies:
Read Also: Smoothie King Peach Slice Plus Recipe
Metabolism Boosting Green Smoothie For Weight Loss
If youre not yet a smoothie lover, let this be the very first green smoothie you make and youll never look back.
Green smoothies are great for adding more leafy vegetables and essential nutrients to your diet. Its great for lowering your cholesterol and improving your overall health.
Also, this green smoothie is made with spinach, banana and loaded with metabolism boosting nutrients.
Its easy to make and will fill you up for longer so you can lose weight and keep it off.
Get the recipe from fitnessfoodrecipes
What Ingredients Are In The Best Weight Loss Smoothies
Healthy smoothies for weight loss are made with the right blend of weight loss foods that are scientifically proven to decrease body fat. Some of the common ingredients we include in these smoothies for weight loss are:
- Protein powder for weight loss: these powders are low in sugar or other sweeteners, low in calories, and rich in high-quality protein that, in combination with strength exercises, will help build metabolism-boosting muscle mass
- Healthy fats: healthy fats like nut butters, avocado, and MCT oil will help to slow digestion to keep you fuller longer to prevent overeating
- Fiber: consuming fiber-rich ingredients like chia seeds, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, leafy greens, and oats can help prevent spikes in blood sugar that can lead to the storage of carbs as fat
- Low sugar: fruit is the base of all smoothies, and because fruit naturally contains sugar, there’s no need to add extra sweeteners like honey, orange juice, or frozen yogurt that only serve to add empty calories
Recommended Reading: Smoothie For Depression
Kale And Apple Green Detox Smoothie
This detox smoothie recipe is not quite like the ones before kale has a stronger flavor than spinach . Thankfully almond milk helps in this smoothie for weight loss.
When on a smoothie diet, its important to switch up your greens, so you ingest more nutrients and kale smoothie recipes for weight loss can help you do that.
Tasty Way To Eat More Fruits And Veggies
According to a 2017 report, only 9 percent of adult Americans eat enough fruits and veggies every day.
That means 91% of us DONT eat enough fruits and veggies on a daily basis!
This is scary because our fat burning hormones rely on the nutrients that are in nutrient-dense food like fruits and veggies.
Without enough nutrients, the body becomes stressed .
Long-term, this stress leads to elevated levels of adrenal hormones like cortisol.
And the more cortisol is released, the greater the risk of excess weight gain and obesity.
In addition, over 60% of women are overweight or obese.
This is a strong reminder that we need to eat more nutrient-dense foods in order to lose weight easily.
Thankfully, drinking weight loss smoothies is a great way to get more nutrients and reduce nutrient deficiencies.
Read Also: King Center Ticket Office
Strawberry Banana Smoothie For Weight Loss
Do you want a great tasting pre-workout smoothie?
This strawberry banana smoothie will give you the energy boost you need to power any workout. With 38g of easy digesting carbs and a little bit of healthy fats, youll have the energy to move mountains and turn your workout up a notch.
The high vitamin c content of this smoothie means youll develop a stronger immune system and maintain healthy bones and teeth.
And if you want to turn this smoothie into a post-workout drink, all you have to do is add 1 scoop of a protein powder of your choice and start building more muscle.
Get the recipe from fitnessfoodrecipes
Weight Loss Smoothies: 10 Healthy Smoothie Recipes To Lose Weight
Healthy weight loss smoothies can absolutely be a part of your strategy to lose weight sustainably and boost health.
For starters, when done right, smoothies can be an incredibly nutrient-dense delicious meal. Pack it with wholesome fruits and veggies, they can keep your hunger in check and sustain you for hours.
On average, adults are recommended to eat 1.5-2 cups of fruits and 2-3 cups of veggies daily depending on age and sex.
But a vast majority of us, about 90 % regularly miss these daily requirements. One way to help you boost those intake in a way that can aid your weight loss is to incorporate them in your smoothies.
With the right ingredients, your smoothie can be full of metabolism-boosting protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
Whats more, they can be calorie conscious with no added sugar.
Whether you are looking for a healthy smoothie that supports your weight loss or just need some recipe inspiration, read on.
From a healthy morning smoothie that tastes like a dessert to a green detox smoothie with a health halo, we got you covered.
Dust off your blender and grab a mason jar to enjoy these healthy smoothies for weight loss.
Youll also like:
Also Check: Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Vanilla
Skinny Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
This vegan recipe will have you drooling for more! Its vegan, low calorie, and delicious! What makes it different than any regular strawberry smoothie? The secret is in a butter extract that gives it a rich pastry flavor while keeping it low in calories. If you feel like leaving your chair to blend this one up right away, you are in good company.
Tips For Making The Best High Protein Fruit Smoothies
So, the best thing about smoothies is that they are packed with nutrition and easy to make. They are delicious, full of fiber, and a great way to boost weight loss. To make the best high protein fruit smoothies ever, keep these tips in mind:
- Use unsweetened almond milk as your liquid because it is low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals, and also gives a good consistency
- Loading your blender in this order typically works best liquid, not frozen veggies or fruits, greens if you are adding any, then the frozen fruits and veggies, and finally, the protein powder
- If you find your smoothie to be too sweet, add lemon juice
- If the taste is too bitter, add pineapple, orange, or banana
- Natural sweeteners like honey and pure maple syrup work great in smoothies
- Avocado can add creaminess to a smoothie, not to mention a load of nutrition
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the shake
Read Also: Smoothie King Okc
Kale Detox Smoothie Recipes
Kale is what some would call a superfood, which means it packed with large amounts of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. In fact, its considered to be one of the most nutritious plants in existence.
Kale doesnt always taste the best because it can be rather strong for some, but if you combine it with the right ingredients it can be a delicious and healthy addition to any green detox smoothie recipe. Also make sure you use only the leaves and discard the stems, this will remove most of the bitter flavor.
Try some of these yummy weight loss smoothies, just one a day can help jump start your smoothie diet.
For more delicious Kale Smoothie recipes, be sure to check out my other post: 11 Kale Smoothie Recipes for Fast Weight Loss.
Homemade Metabolism Boost Shake
Today, I want to share a weight loss smoothie that I’ve been using as a breakfast meal replacement smoothie. And yes, it’s a green smoothie because these are the BEST way I’ve found to lose weight naturally AND feel great while doing it.
Unlike most weight loss smoothies this one is the complete opposite. It truly tastes good and is good for you. You can drink they smoothie every morning for breakfast, which is a great way to set a healthy routine for your day.
I’ve also had this for lunch as a meal replacement smoothie too. Some days I just don’t have time to make lunch and a quick smoothie is the way to go. Other days, I’ll sip this down while doing dishes, driving the kids to practice, running errands, after a long trail run, you name it the beauty of a smoothie is you can “eat and run.”
Read Also: One Day Smoothie Detox
Creamy Chia Seed Pia Colada Breakfast Shake
This Creamy Chia Seed Piña Colada breakfast shake tastes amazing, and has Chia seeds in it, which are one of the worlds most nutritious foods.
This make ahead breakfast shake ensures a fast and efficient morning, and keeps you full for hours. Try it with your favorite detox smoothie diet, or check out our FREE Detox Smoothie Diet Plan below!
Weight loss breakfast smoothies are a great way to get loads of nutrition in first thing in the morning. This recipe for healthy breakfast smoothies for weight loss tastes like a creamy Pina Colada its hard to beat that!
Fenugreek & Plum Metabolism Stimulator
1. Toss the reg grapes, banana, raspberries, and almonds into a blender.2. Give it a spin and pour it into a glass.3. Add a pinch of black salt and stir well.
- Grapes have antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer properties.It also slows down aging and lowers blood sugar levels .
- Though bananas may seem like fattening food, it has numerous other health benefits that indirectly aid weight loss. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, stimulates digestion, prevents cardiovascular diseases, and improves muscle power .
- Sweet and sour raspberries are rich in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties. It is an anti-obesity agent and helps to control the blood sugar levels .
- Almonds are rich in healthy fats and also has a probiotic effect thereby helping proper digestion of food .
Read Also: 10 Day Smoothie Detox Diet