Banana Strawberry Soy Smoothie
- 1/2 cup plain regular or nondairy yogurt
- 1 cup regular or nondairy milk
- 1/2 banana
Blend together until smooth. If youre looking for a thicker consistency, add a few ice cubes before blending.
Autoimmune Disease Healthy Journey:
Here is where I am going to get a little personal. I was a healthy and active girl when I got hit with an autoimmune disease that rocked my world. I visited the doctor and he performed an insane amount of blood tests to figure out what was going on with my body.
I was dealing with the debilitating effects of several autoimmune diseases — rheumatoid arthritis and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis diseases, among others.
I didn’t think I would be dealing with arthritis in my 30’s! My weight had even skyrocketed for no apparent reason .
After many blood tests confirmed I was dealing with several autoimmune issues, I was referred to both a rheumatologist and endocrinologist to deal with the effects of my immune system going haywire. The specialists wanted to put me on a host of medications to help with the swelling and inflammation, all with a list of negative side effects. I felt as if I was ALWAYS at the doctor. I didn’t want to just put on a band-aid.
I went home and my husband and I just sobbed together on the couch , afraid of what the future might hold. After a good cry, I felt determined to figure out what the ROOT cause of my health issues was. I started studying like crazy. I began driving around to every library in town, picking up stacks of health books, and researching everything I could about my disease. I became a full-on nerd!
Here are some of the healing vitamins, herbs and supplements that have helped me with my autoimmune diseases:
Why You’ll Love These Smoothie Ideas:
- These breakfast shakes are a lighter take on breakfast that packs some powerful nutrients while leaving behind all the carbs and fat
- Fruit smoothies are a great way to eat breakfast on the go, especially if you find yourself frequently eating breakfast on the bus or in the car
- Kids love fruit smoothies and it’s a great way to sneak in some added fruits and veggies they won’t know are in there!
Garnishes on Breakfast Smoothies Make them Feel Extra Fancy!
Recommended Reading: Night Time Smoothie For Weight Loss
What Is A Whole Food Diet
In other words, it involves a lot of cooking because whole foods do not involve anything processed. That means no premade sauces, dips, or convenience foods like chocolate bars, sweets, or ready-meals. It also includes things like tinned vegetables and white bread.
Why? Processed and convenience foods are often high in salt, saturated fat, and additives in comparison to anything homemade. Because of this, their toll on your overall health is higher.
Is It Healthy To Have A Smoothie Every Day
If youre looking to put your own blender to use and start making smoothies at home, youre already one step ahead with saving yourself money and ensuring you have full control over what goes into your drink. Enjoying a smoothie every day is totally fine if you make sure it has a good balance of nutrients.
That said, dietitians say its actually better to chew and swallow food rather than drinking it for fullness, so its probably best to limit your intake to one smoothie a day and enjoy proper meals and snacks throughout the day. And if youre aiming to make your smoothie a meal, try to include at least 25 grams of protein if its a snack, go for at least 10 grams of protein.
These delicious, healthy smoothies make it easier to eat right with nutrient-rich fruit and veggies, creamy milk, protein, probiotic-rich yogurt, and other nutritious ingredients. Just a note: Some of these recipes contain fruit juice or honey to up the sweetness, but if youre looking to cut added sugar from your diet, you can nix those ingredients.
Some of these recipes are from Smoothies & Juices, the new book from Preventions Healing Kitchen series. Give these recipes a try, and feel free to tweak and experiment to create your own perfect blend.
Don’t Miss: King Center Seating Chart Melbourne
+ Healthy Smoothie Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This roundup includes over 30 Healthy Smoothie recipes including fruit smoothie recipes, weightloss smoothie recipes, breakfast smoothie recipes and SO many more! Im sure youll find a smoothie here to love.
Hopefully you know by now that I LOVE a good smoothie recipe. I have SO many good ones here on my blog so I wanted to round them all up in one place for you. I split this list up into 3 common smoothie categories: healthy smoothies, green smoothies, and smoothie bowls.
Theres something here for everyone and Im sure that youll find more than one new smoothie to love 🙂
I love creating new smoothie flavor combos so please let me know if you ever have a suggestions or recipe recommendation! Im also always experimenting on so follow along there for even more recipes!
Tips For Making The Best Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
- You can add a handful of baby spinach or some frozen zucchini or cauliflower to all of the smoothies
- Ive shared if you want to up the veggie content, its such an easy way to get in some extra nutrients.
- If you want to have flavor variety but dont want to invest in different flavored protein powder, always buy vanilla b/c you can turn vanilla in to any flavor that you want! All 5 smoothie recipes I shared today have their own delicious and diverse flavor using vanilla protein as the base!
- I use a high-speed blender when making my smoothies. Although any type of blender would work, and each smoothie makes 2 servings.
Recommended Reading: Cancer Fighting Smoothies Recipes
How To Make The Pineapple Weight Loss Smoothie Step By Step
Making this smoothie is a super simple and quick process. You can easily put this smoothie together for a quick breakfast, or pre-or post-workout snack.
Heres what youll do:
1. Add the spinach to the bottom of the blender, then add in the frozen pineapple and banana.
2. Next, sprinkle in the coconut.
3. Next, add the collagen peptides or protein powder.
4. Sprinkle in the matcha powder then squeeze in the juice from 1/2 a lime.
5. Pour in the almond milk and blend on high until completely smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Disclaimer, this pineapple weight loss smoothie is not magical . If you are looking to lose weight its very important to establish a balanced diet plan that contains the right amount of calories and macronutrients for your individual needs.
This smoothie can be a great addition to your weight loss plan and its one youll want to enjoy again and again!
Do you currently have weight loss goals? Tell me about it in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later.
Read Also: Slim N Trim Strawberry
How To Make Ahead + Store Smoothies
- No time in the morning to whip up a smoothie? NO PROBLEM. You can make most smoothies the night before and store them in the refrigerator.
- To Store. Store blended smoothies in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Place the smoothie in an airtight jar the less air touching the smoothie, the better. Stir before serving.
- To Make Ahead. Prepare the smoothie as directed, then pour into an airtight freezer-safe mason jar and freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Recommended Reading: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipe
+ Healthy Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.
Sharing is caring!
This collection of 20+ Healthy Fruit Smoothie Recipes will give you a great start to the day! Have any of these fruit breakfast smoothies for a healthy morning. Find a healthy fruit smoothie that you’ll love.
I love starting the day with a healthy fruit smoothie recipe! I’ve put together a collection of 20+ healthy fruit smoothie recipes that make great breakfasts.
All of these healthy smoothie recipes contain fruit of some sort, and ingredients that will fill you up, give you protein, and a health boost. If you are looking for a healthy breakfast idea, try one of these fruit smoothie recipes.
Recommended Tools For Making Smoothies
- Blender. I more recently purchased this high-powered blender, and it makes everything very smooth and creamy. This more economical blender optionis also great, though you may need to add more liquid or add the frozen fruit more slowly.
- Stainless Steel Straws. These stainless steel strawsmake everything you drink through them taste so refreshing. I try to keep some in my purse, so I dont need to ask for a plastic or paper straw when Im out. Theyre great for taking smoothies to go as well.
- Opaque Cup. A great way to make green-colored breakfast smoothies for kids.
Now, lets get to those healthy breakfast smoothies!
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Concert Seating View
Tips For Great Breakfast Smoothies
The collection of breakfast smoothie recipes combines fruits, veggies and all of the colors of the rainbow!
- All you need is fresh or frozen fruit or ice cubes, liquid and a blender.
- If you have fruit that is about to go bad, chop and freeze for smoothies.
- Keeping a banana or two in the freezer ensures theyre extra thick and frothy.
What Not To Add To Healthy Smoothies
There really aren’t too many things you shouldn’t be adding to smoothies, but I can say with confidence that sugar and ice are the biggest no-nos in my book.
First up, ice will totally water down your smoothies if you don’t drink them right away and you need a super high-powered blender to get a smoother consistency.
Second, you can get sweeter smoothies with natural ingredients don’t add calories or reduce the healthiness by adding sugar!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Club Level
The Best Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
Starting off your morning with a nutritious homemade smoothie is the ultimate guarantee for a great day. Not only does it boost your mood with its sweet and satisfying taste, but it also fuels up your body so youre ready to take on anything. With these healthy recipes, you can be sure your breakfast smoothies arent tainted with refined sugars or undesirable preservatives. And you can enjoy your favorite flavors all the while!
Each smoothie variation was crafted to comply with dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30 diets. They can also be made keto and low-carb if necessary. If youve ever felt like your dietary restriction has prohibited you from enjoying simple pleasures like a cold, refreshing smoothie, these drinks will prove that anything is possible with the right combination of ingredients.
Berry Banana Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, banana, and apple are all very rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, making this Berry Banana Breakfast Smoothie recipe a nutritional powerhouse. As a bonus, this breakfast smoothie recipe is metabolism boosting, further aiding in weight loss and weight maintenance.
This yummy Jamba Juice® copycat is delicious and easy to make on the busiest mornings, if you prefer a greener breakfast shake leave the top leaves on your strawberries and add a ½ cup of spinach, you wont be able to taste them, but youll be adding a healthy boost to your breakfast smoothie.
This yummy copycat recipe will quickly become your favorite healthy smoothie recipe!
Read Also: Gladiator Smoothie Ingredients
Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If youre looking for a great way to start the day, weve got you covered! These healthy breakfast smoothie recipes are quick, easy, and there is something for everyone!
Leave a comment below and let us know what your favorite additions to a smoothie are!
Breakfast Smoothies are a great way to start the day but dont stop there. These healthy smoothies make for a quick snack any time of day or even can be served as a vitamin-packed treat for little ones! The best thing about smoothies is you can make them with almost anything and theyre fast!
Fat Burning Weight Loss Smoothies To Get A Flat Belly
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, PLEASE READ MY DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO.
These healthy smoothie recipes for weight loss are great because they are going to keep you full between meals or you can have one in place of breakfast when you are on the go.
If you are one of those people that finds it hard to get in your greens, smoothies are a wonderful way to sneak vegetables into your diet. For smoothie recipes that are all fruit, I like to add a handful of spinach to it.
Truthfully you dont even really notice the spinach with all the other overpowering flavors. Its just an easy and quick way to get some extra vegetables in!
One thing to keep in mind with these recipes is they arent for a specific diet, so you are going want to find one to suit your needs. If you are on a low carb diet, you might want to look at more veggie-based smoothie recipes that have lower carb fruits .
Let me know in the comments below what your favorite healthy fruit and vegetable smoothie is!!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Slim N Trim Recipes
Also Check: 10 Day Smoothie Detox Diet
Best Protein Powders For High Protein Fruit Smoothies
The options for protein powder are plenty. Look for brands that are minimally processed and without added sugars or artificial sweeteners. I like the Naked Nutrition brand because the ingredients are minimal, and because you have options for pea, whey, and egg protein, among others. Lets look a little more closely at the options:
That all being said, you can certainly get naturally-occurring protein from chia seeds, flaxseeds, nut butter, spinach, and egg white, too!
Peanut Banana Cinnamon Smoothie
The Spruce / Julia Hartbeck
Kids will love this sweet, but filling smoothie, featuring peanut butter for lasting protein and banana for fiber. The recipe is easily adjusted to fit any diet: Swap the peanut butter for another nut butter or even tahini and use your choice of dairy or non-dairy milk. The cinnamon adds a nice hint of spice.
Read Also: Smoothie King Positions
Healthy Smoothies And Weight Loss
If you are drinking smoothies in an effort to lose weight, make sure to keep these points in mind:
- Not all smoothies are healthy. Drinking smoothies alone will not help you lose weight. Healthy smoothie recipes can contribute to your weight-loss plans, but only if youre choosing low-fat, low-calorie, low-sugar ingredients.
- Use portion control. Smoothies can contain more vegetables or fruit than you would eat raw and that means you are taking in more calories, carbohydrates and sugar than you think. Keep your smoothie at around 10 oz . If you make too much, freeze the extra portion for later.
- Smoothies can leave you feeling hungry. Make sure your smoothie contains the right balance of ingredients. Adding protein and healthy fats will help make you feel full longer. But be careful as these additions can also make the calorie count go up. If you feel the need to add healthy fats or protein, then consider adding a quarter of an avocado , half a cup of Greek yogurt or a tablespoon of peanut butter .
Yes, you can lose weight drinking smoothies but it needs to be part of an overall diet plan. Read more about meal prep and weight loss here.
How To Turn A Smoothie Into A Meal
The key to replacing meals with smoothies is including healthy fats AND proteins. Healthy fats and proteins are the way to go if you want to power up with a green smoothie meal replacement. This combo will keep you feeling full and give you the energy you need to cruise right through ’til your next snack or meal. Below are our favorite options for smoothie meal replacement boosters:
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Gladiator Chocolate Protein Powder
Whats The Best Liquid For Making Smoothies
We like to use milk of choice. If youre a fan of coconut milk, use it. Like cows milk? Go for it. A fan of almond milk? Cool. Use whatever milk you like in your smoothiesyou cant go wrong. I just recommend you stick to unsweetened and unflavored versions. That gives you the most control over the smoothie.
Is It Healthy To Have A Smoothie For Breakfast
Smoothies can make a healthy breakfast if you have a good balance of ingredients and nutrientsincluding protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Smoothies that heavily rely on veggies over fruit instantly cut down on sugar and increase the fiber content. You also want to avoid adding a lot of fruit juice and sweeteners, like syrups and honey, to limit the sweet stuff. Adding yogurt and protein powder helps make smoothies more filling, so youll stay satisfied longer. Just be sure to choose powders that have little to no added sugar and have zero artificial ingredients.
The liquid bases you use in your smoothie also play a big role. Skip fruit juices, which are packed with sugar and lack protein and fat, and go for low-fat milk or an unsweetened, non-dairy milk alternative, like almond, coconut, or cashew. Some non-dairy milks have less protein than cows milk, but they offer healthy fats to keep you satiated.
You May Like: Mango Pineapple Smoothie Mcdonalds Price