How To Make Your Smoothie With Peanut Butter
If you are looking to add some healthy fats to your smoothie then peanut butter is a great option. Peanut Butter works well at keeping your stomach more full for longer. All you really need to do is pick out the brand that you like best, add a few spoonfuls, blend, and enjoy. peanut butter pairs well with lots of d
How To Freeze Strawberries
If you have a lot of fresh strawberries you can always freeze your own. Then use them to add to your smoothie later!
In order to prevent the strawberries from sticking together when frozen, you can follow these steps for freezing fresh strawberries:
How to Freeze Strawberries
How To Make A Smoothie With Yogurt
- Step 1 Toss all of the ingredients into a high power blender and press start.
- Step 2 Blend until smooth and chunks are no longer present.
- Step 3 Taste. If you find its not sweet enough, you can add a bit of honey or maple syrup, although I found it was definitely sweet enough without it! The key is using an overripe banana to get that optimal sweetness.
Its that simple!
You May Like: Smoothie King Metabolism Boost Enhancer Ingredients
Read Also: Most Effective Weight Loss Smoothie
Only Have Fresh Fruit
If you only have fresh fruit, then you have a couple of options.
Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This healthy strawberry banana smoothie is made without yogurt and is completely dairy free, paleo and vegan friendly! This nutritious smoothie is made with frozen strawberries, ripe bananas and contains hidden veggies such as cauliflower and beet root powder. Itâs an excellent smoothie for kids and adults.
It may still be the middle of winter, but I have been on a smoothie kick lately. And I donât see it stopping anytime soon!
This healthy strawberry banana smoothie has made a frequent appearance at lunch. As, itâs super easy to throw together, nutritious, delicious AND my kids love it.
Iâm always looking for ways to get my kids to happily eat veggies that they donât love. For instance, the cauliflower in this recipe. This paleo smoothie does the trick since they all enjoy the flavor and texture.
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is paleo and vegan friendly. It is made without yogurt and is completely dairy free. In addition, it contains hidden veggies like cauliflower and beet root powder. Furthermore, this smoothie is made with healthy fats from avocado and hemp seed, which improve the taste, texture and nutrient content.
Itâs the perfect smoothie for sharing as a snack or eating on your own as a meal replacement.
Recommended Reading: Easy Way To Make Smoothies
Strawberry Banana Smoothies With Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is a pantry staple that can be used in a variety of dishes, and a strawberry banana smoothie is no exception. Peanut butter is a great smoothie-making tool that can help create an enticing flavor profile while adding healthy fats for energy and protein for muscle recovery, and pairs perfectly with a strawberry banana smoothie. So letâs jump right into it!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Yogurt
5 minutes and 3 simple ingredients are all it takes to make this tasty yogurt-based smoothie.
Whip this up and skip heading to your favorite smoothie shop for an easy and delicious way to start your dayor even enjoy as a mid-day snack.
What I love about fruit smoothies like this one is that you can add in some protein powder to easily make it into a strawberry banana protein smoothie.
You May Like: How Much Is It To Franchise A Smoothie King
How To Make Strawberry Banana Smoothie
A Few More Notes On This Recipe
- You could easily substitute another frozen fruit for the frozen strawberries. Frozen raspberries, blueberries, mango, peaches, or pineapple would all be delicious.
- If youre using only fresh fruit make sure to add a handful of ice to cool the smoothie down and thicken it up!
- If youre using only frozen fruit you may need to add a little extra liquid to make sure the smoothie will move freely through your blender blades.
- This smoothie could be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. It wont be as thick if you drink it later but it will still be delicious!
- If you want to add some extra nutrients to this smoothie feel free to throw in some add ins! Chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond butter, and collagen would all be good.
Donât Miss: Smoothie King Green Tea Tango Recipe
Read Also: Lala Pina Colada Yogurt Smoothie
Step By Step Instructions
I place the milk, frozen banana and strawberries into a blender and blend until all completely combined without any strawberry banana pieces.
The consistency should be thick and cold. You can taste it and if you want to make it thinner, you can add milk little by little. If you want to add some ice, you should blend until the cubes are crushed but with little ice pieces left.
I hope you enjoy this strawberry banana smoothie with milk as much as I do!
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
To make this homemade smoothie recipe, simply:
Pro Tip: When adding your ingredients to your blender, always add the liquid first near the blades. Doing this will help your blender to run a bit more easily whenever you are making a smoothie.
Also Check: Dr Oz Shake Recipes
Recommended Reading: Homemade Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1Spoon the yogurt and milk into the blender container first, so that the blades will start rotating quickly rather than getting hung up on the hard, frozen fruit.
- tip 2Strawberry-banana is one of the most popular fruit combos for smoothies, but if you find yourself with an overload of other ripe fresh fruit, get to work creating your own freezer pantry. To freeze fruits, sort, wash, and drain completely on a clean kitchen towel. Prep More +
- tip 3Almond, coconut, rice, flax, and hemp milk are all terrific lactose-free milk substitutions that make delicious smoothies.
- tip 4Any flavor of yogurt can be spooned into the blenderthere are no rules.
Nutrition Details And Health Benefits Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Vitamins and Minerals
- Very Rich In Vitamin C: 112% or 84mg, mostly from strawberries, orange juice and banana
- High In Riboflavin: 27% or 0.3mg, mostly from milk, vanilla yogurt and banana
- High In Vitamin B12: 27% or 0.65ug, from milk and vanilla yogurt
- High In Potassium: 26% or 598mg, mostly from strawberries, banana and milk
- carotenoid: beta-carotene , alpha-carotene and lutein + zeaxanthin , mostly from orange juice, banana and strawberries
- flavonoid: kaempferol , myricetin and quercetin , mostly from strawberries, banana and orange juice
Omega 3 and Omega 6
- omega 6: linoleic acid , mostly from strawberries, milk and vanilla yogurt
- omega 3: alpha linoleic acid , mostly from strawberries, vanilla yogurt and banana
Read Also: Proti Vlc Smoothie Flavor Pack
How To Make Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
Add everything to your blend and blend on high until smooth.
You can adjust the consistency as needed by adding a little water or milk to help thin your smoothie out. Or if you want to thicken your smoothie, you can add more fruit.
I recommend adding in a little bit at a time so you can slowly adjust the texture to your preference.
Tips And Tricks For The Creamiest Smoothie
- Add the liquids first adding the liquids to your smoothie first will help everything to blend more evenly which will give you a smoother and creamier smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit frozen fruit helps to keep the smoothie creamy and cold without the use of any ice.
- Ditch the ice speaking of ice, the pitfall of a lot of smoothies is the use of ice. Ice waters down the smoothie, changes the consistency from creamy to icy, and just does not give you that delicious smooth texture that everyone loves.
- Use ripe fruit if its the summer, when fruit is its best and in season, I highly recommend freezing ripe fresh fruit instead of buying pre-frozen fruit from the freezer section. It will make your smoothie even more flavorful and delicious.
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Seating View
Also Check: How To Make Easy Smoothies At Home
How Much Sugar Is In A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Because strawberry banana smoothies are mostly fruit, they do tend to have a good amount of sugar. This homemade strawberry banana smoothie has 19 grams of sugar .
This is natural sugar and 19 grams is way less than most smoothies you can order at a smoothie shop. For instance, the Starbucks Strawberry Banana Smoothie has 58 grams of sugar!
The daily sugar intake recommendation for an average adult is about 25 grams of sugar day, even if its coming from natural sources. Just something to be aware of!
How Do You Thicken Smoothies
5 Tips to Make a Smoothie Thicker Use frozen fruit or freeze fruit overnight. I always have a stash of bananas in the freezer because theyre perfect in smoothies! Freeze some of the liquid. Use the minimum amount of liquid. Add a scoop of raw oats or chia seeds. Blend protein powder or greens first.
Recommended Reading: How To Do A Smoothie Diet
How Do You Make A Strawberry Smoothie Without Yogurt
Furthermore, how do you make a simple strawberry smoothie?
Method 1Traditional Strawberry Smoothie
How do I make strawberry smoothie?
Is A Strawberry And Banana Smoothie Good For You
Yes, this healthy strawberry banana smoothie is definitely a good choice if you want to eat healthier. It would make a great breakfast that is filling but only has about 250 calories for a big glass. Many other recipes add sugar to fruit smoothies but because fruits are already sweet its better for your health to omit the additional sugar. This smoothie is low in fat and high in protein especially if you use greek yogurt.
Read Also: Evening Smoothies For Weight Loss
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Fruit Smoothie With Milk
Tips For Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe:
- You can still make an amazing strawberry smoothie without yogurt. Yogurt does help make it extra creamy, but bananas do that too. If you are going to make this recipe without yogurt, I would use less juice in the recipe. The banana and less juice will still make a delicious strawberry smoothie without yogurt. This works great if you have children that dont love yogurt or they can taste that distinct taste even hidden in a smoothie , you can still serve a delicious smoothie.
- You can use almond milk or any dairy free milk instead of water.
- If adding juice, apple and orange work great.
- Protein Powder- add this to get more protein if your kids dont like yogurt.
- Try fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries. Both are great!
What Should You Not Mix In A Smoothie
If youre looking to avoid excess added sugar, generally its best to avoid add-ins such as fruit juice flavoured yogurts sweeteners such as sugar, honey or maple syrup ice cream, frozen yogurt or sherbet or canned fruit packed in syrup. All of these ingredients can cause the sugar content of your smoothie to add up quickly.
How To Make Strawberry Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt
Want to learn how to make Strawberry Banana Smoothie Without yogurt? So youve decided to kick your yogurt addiction. Not sure what ingredients you can use in its place.
Today Im going to show you how to make a strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt. Its super easy, delicious and healthy. This recipe is for a smoothie but you can also use it as a milkshake by adding ice cream.
How To Make A Perfect Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Making a perfect smoothie is all about getting the right ratio. Not so thick that you cant actually blend the smoothie, and not so thin that it drinks more like milk that tastes like fruit than a smoothie.
The ratio should be just right for this easy smoothie recipe, but the nice thing about it is that its easy to adjust if youd like it a little thinner, or a little thicker.
To make it thicker you can do 2 things:
To make it thinner all you have to do is add a bit more liquid until its thin enough for the perfect sip.
But backing it up, lets go over the step-by-step of how to make this smoothie:
- Starting with 1 ¼ cups dairy free milk, add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. If the smoothie is too thick to blend freely use your blenders tamper or add a little more milk at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- If youd like your smoothie a little bit sweeter you can add a bit of honey or maple syrup to taste.
- Divide between two glasses and enjoy!
You May Like: Smoothie King Protein Powder Price
The Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
I feel like I always hype up my smoothie recipe way too much! But believe me they are absolutely delicious
All you need to do is pop all the ingredients in a blender and puff, 30 seconds later you got yourself a
- Delicious healthy drink
- Creamy smoothie
- High in protein and nutrient drink
- And can we talk about the fact that it is bright pink! Seriously who doesnt love bright pink foods.
Sure this specific smoothie recipe is quite simple but it can be your secret weapon, the smoothie recipe that you know by heart because of how simple and good it is!
Why We Love This Smoothie
- Balanced: The smoothie contains all four food groups, which makes it a great balanced and nutrient-rich breakfast or snack option. Its very filling so it can serve as a meal all in itself.
- Quick and easy: If youre looking for a quick breakfast on the go, this smoothie will do the trick! It only consists of five simple ingredients , so you can blend it all up in just a few minutes and drink it before you head out the door or on the go.
- Kid-friendly: The vibrant pink colour makes this smoothie really fun, especially for kids! Its a tasty way to incorporate more fibre, protein, calcium and omega-3s into your familys day!
Also Check: Free Smoothies For A Year
Kids Love This Smoothie
All 8 of my kids love this smoothie recipe. They really do. I have one that hates smoothies. Fruit scares him and he even admitted that he likes this yogurt strawberry banana smoothie.
It was so good, my Dakota had to finish the leftovers straight out of the blender. I would say this is definitely a winner!
You need a good blender.
Now that we have talked all about these strawberry smoothies, make sure you invest in a good blender.
I have a Vitamix and I love it. It is old and is still going on strong. It is quite the investment to get one, but it is one investment that wont disappoint. It will be the last blender you ever had to buy. Amazon has several of them on sale right now for a great price.
Now if a Vitamix isnt in your budget, then I recommend a Waring professional blender. They are going to get the job done. Now they are not as great as a Vitamix, but they are the next best for a much more reasonable cost. Amazon has several Waring blenders on sale right now.
Either way, I know you will be able to enjoy a delicious and smooth fruit smoothie with one of these blenders.