Its A Mango Strawberry Smoothie Recipe That Is Good For You
We all know that we need to get in our 5 fruits and vegetables per day, and this fruit smoothie is a great way of getting in a couple of them without even thinking about it!
Mangoes are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They contain high amounts of Vitamin K, which helps prevent anaemia and helps your blood to clot properly. They are also high in Vitamin C and beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is an antioxidant, which are shown to fight free radicals .
So drink this mango and strawberry smoothie happy in the knowledge that is good for you! This is one healthy mango smoothie!
Albertsonsthe Weekly Nibble Newsletter
I was super excited when Albertsons selected me to develop recipes with fresh spring ingredients for their The Weekly Nibble newsletter. I actually brought my children shopping for the recipes with me and they had a fun time proposing different fresh ingredients they saw in the produce section. From this project, I started following The Weekly Nibble newsletter and love their interesting and fun articles ranging from tips on taking care of your family and whats trendy. Dont forget to subscribe!
Here are the other recipes for the fresh fruit and vegetables series:
Strawberry And Mango Smoothie
Turn frozen fruit into this quick and easy smoothie.
- 1 x 300g pkt Sara Lee Frozen Fresh & Mangoes, thawed
- 750ml low-fat milk
- 250g creamy vanilla flavoured yoghurt
- 80ml honey
- Place half the fruit in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Add half the milk, yoghurt, honey and ice and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 chilled serving glasses. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Did you make this?
Variation: Replace Strawberries & Mangoes with 1 x 300g pkt Sara Lee Frozen Fresh Mixed Berries.
We collect information about the content you use across this site and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and other sites. This is also known as Online Behavioural Advertising. You can find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-outhere. Taste may receive an affiliate commission if you buy through our links. Learn more.
You May Like: Spinach Banana Smoothie Weight Loss
A Strawberry Mango Smoothie Without Yogurt Or Milk
Im a bigggggg fan of smoothies. If youve ever peeped then you probably notice that I think a lot of them. Smoothies are one of those things that are so easy to make, healthy, nutritious and taste amazing!
Many Strawberry Mango Smoothie recipes tend to be made with yogurt or milk in them, but were keeping this recipe today entirely dairy-free. Instead this smoothie uses coconut water as the liquid for blending, which has a mild, slightly sweet and caramel-like flavour to it.
This smoothie can also easily be made into a Strawberry Mango Bowl if thats your jam. Just double the amount of fruit, use frozen instead of fresh strawberries and use a good quality high-speed blender or food processor to blend it all together.
If You Loved This Smoothie Recipe Try These Next
- 1largefrozen banana,chopped
- 1fresh mango or 1 cup frozen mango pieces
- 1cupfrozen or fresh strawberries,remove stems if using fresh
- ½cupmilk,almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or regular cow’s milk
- ½cupyogurt,Greek yogurt or dairy-free alternative like almond milk or coconut yogurt
- Optional Add-Ins: 1 scoop collegen, 1 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1 2 tbsp hemp hearts, 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder
Don’t Miss: Immune Boosting Smoothies For Cancer Patients
Its A Strawberry Mango Smoothie With A Great Secret Ingredient
But heres the thing a big part of the reason this mango and strawberry smoothie tastes so good is because it has a secret ingredient coconut yogurt!
I cannot begin to tell you how much coconut yogurt adds to this smoothie. Yogurt is pretty great in smoothies as it is, but the slight coconut flavour that comes from coconut yogurt really adds something to fruit smoothies that makes them taste so fresh and so addictive!
Coconut yogurt makes you think of being on some tropical island paradise. I highly, highly recommend you check out some other coconut smoothies that use it like this refreshing mango coconut smoothie, this amazing strawberry watermelon smoothie, and this cocoa almond butter chocolate smoothie fat bomb!
Variation: Make It Plant Based / Vegan
There are actually two versions of this strawberry mango smoothie we love! The main version uses milk and yogurt, which helps to make it filling with extra protein. But you can also make it vegan! The vegan variation has less protein and is all fruit: but sometimes were in the mood for that too. The flavor is so sweet and fruity! Heres what to do to make a vegan version of this smoothie:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
You May Like: Light And Fit Protein Smoothie
Sweeteners For Fruit Smoothies
The fresh tropical fruit and berries in this smoothie are pretty sweet on their own, but sometimes you just need a touch more sweetness.
I like to add agave syrup to this drink. Its vegan and liquid so it easily dissolves into the drink. You can also use vegan honey, organic brown sugar or maple syrup.
If youre looking for more healthy sweeteners to cook with, be sure to read my guide to The Best Healthy Sugar Alternatives + Substitutes.
How To Make It A Smoothie Bowl
This recipe is also delicious as a smoothie bowl. To make it a bowl, add all the ingredients except for the almond milk, then slowly add it until you have just enough to get it to blend. Blend until smooth, then scoop into a bowl and top with ingredients like sliced banana, almond butter, hemp seeds and coconut.
Don’t Miss: Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie
Recommended Tools To Make Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- High-Powered Blender. For the most creamy smoothie consistency, use a high-powered blender.
- Stainless Steel Straws. I take these with me everywhere! They make everything taste extra refreshing.
- Dry Ingredient Measuring Cups. This set is perfect for measuring smoothie ingredients.
I hope this vegan strawberry mango smoothie whisks you away to the oceanside. If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and let me know how it goes! I love hearing from you, and your comments and 5-star ratings are so important for this site.
Strawberry Mango Smoothie Recipe Faqs
Can I make this smoothie with fresh fruit?
Yes. If using fresh fruit, its best to flash freeze the fruit in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Just cut fruit into small pieces and place on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes before proceeding with recipe as written. If you dont want to wait for the fruit to freeze, you can add additional ice to give the smoothie a better consistency.
Can I use something other than coconut water?
Definitely! We love using different kind of juices and milks in this recipe. Here are some of our favorites: apple juice
Recommended Reading: Sunfood Chocolate Superfood Smoothie Mix
Recipe Tips And Ideas
Follow these tips to make sure that this smoothie turns out sweet and creamy every single time!
- If you are making just one smoothie for yourself, cut the ingredient amounts in half. This recipe makes enough for two smoothies.
- Add ice if you are using fresh fruit. It won’t be very thick unless you use something with ice in it.
- Blend the carrots and the almond milk first before you add the rest of the ingredients. This will help the carrots to puree effectively.
Ingredients In This Strawberry Mango Smoothie
Sure, you can throw strawberries and mango into the blender and come up with a smoothie. But will it be the best strawberry mango smoothie? To get just the right blend of flavors and a creamy texture, heres what we recommend:
- Frozen strawberries: Frozen berries make just the right icy texture. You can also use fresh berries, but make sure to use frozen mango.
- Frozen mango: Frozen mango is our favorite because its easy to find at the grocery and store for when a craving strikes. You can also use fresh mango, but then use frozen strawberries.
- Greek yogurt: Yogurt lends a creamy texture and loads of protein! Its also got probiotics, which help with gut health.
- Banana: The banana helps to make a creamy texture and adds the final sweetness.
- Milk & ice: Milk helps it all blend, and ice makes it a little fluffier.
- Fresh lemon juice: The kicker? Lemon juice amps all the flavors just enough.
Dont want to use milk and yogurt? Keep reading
Also Check: Closest Smoothie King To Me
Tips And Tricks For The Creamiest Smoothie
- Add the liquids first adding the liquids to your smoothie first will help everything to blend more evenly which will give you a smoother and creamier smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit frozen fruit helps to keep the smoothie creamy and cold without the use of any ice.
- Ditch the ice speaking of ice, the pitfall of a lot of smoothies is the use of ice. Ice waters down the smoothie, changes the consistency from creamy to icy, and just does not give you that delicious smooth texture that everyone loves.
- Use ripe fruit if its the summer, when fruit is its best and in season, I highly recommend freezing ripe fresh fruit instead of buying pre-frozen fruit from the freezer section. It will make your smoothie even more flavorful and delicious.
Mango And Strawberry Smoothies
Can’t decide between a mango or strawberry smoothie? Make a stacked smoothie that incorporates both flavors.
|Add Hy-Vee frozen mango chunks||c. Hy-Vee frozen mango chunks|
|Add Dannon Greek yogurt, divided||½ c. Dannon Greek yogurt, divided|
|Add Dole Orange Peach Mango 100% Juice or Hy-Vee 100% orange juice, divided||1 c. Dole Orange Peach Mango 100% Juice or Hy-Vee 100% orange juice, divided|
|Add Hy-Vee pure vanilla extract, to taste||Hy-Vee pure vanilla extract, to taste|
|Add Hy-Vee frozen whole strawberries||c. Hy-Vee frozen whole strawberries|
|Add Fresh mango, peeled and seeded, for garnish||Fresh mango, peeled and seeded, for garnish|
|Add Fresh strawberries, for garnish||Fresh strawberries, for garnish|
Don’t Miss: Good Healthy Smoothies To Lose Weight
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- Made with five simple ingredients.
- No sugar added! This smoothie is sweetened with fresh fruit only.
- High protein, with 15 grams of natural protein.
- Super refreshing and creamy.
- Easily make it dairy-free and vegan.
- Super customizable! You can add protein powder, college powder, hemp seeds, or chia seeds.
Best Tasting Strawberry Mango Smoothie Recipe
This is, without a doubt, the best tasting strawberry mango smoothie recipe! Its so simple to make and so refreshing, you will love this recipe!
I love mangoes! And I love strawberries! And when you put strawberries and mango together, its just FANTASTIC! But there is a secret ingredient that takes the mixture of the two to the next level. And that is what truly makes this the BEST tasting strawberry mango smoothie recipe!
And if you love strawberries in your smoothies, I really recommend this amazingly fresh coconut milk and strawberry smoothie and this easy and healthy strawberry and banana smoothie recipe!
Also Check: Green Smoothies That Actually Taste Good
Its A Versatile Fruit Smoothie Recipe That Is Simple To Make Tips And Swaps
One amazing thing about this strawberry and mango smoothie recipe is that it is really easy to make. It only has 3 ingredients , and they should be pretty easy to get. Strawberries are usually kept on store shelves, and mango can often be find in the frozen fruit section if it is not available fresh.
One thing to look out for is the coconut yogurt. You need to make sure you get one that is in line with your dietary requirements. The reason for this is that not all coconut yogurts are actually coconut yogurt. They can be dairy yogurt with coconut flavour, they can be pure coconut yogurt, they can be soy-based yogurt with coconut added, or they can be some mixture! They can also have added sugar or be unsweetened. So you really have to watch out! I like So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt, because it is made with organic coconut milk and is quite low in net carbs .
Another great thing about this mango berry smoothie is that its super versatile. If you like strawberries a lot, you can add more of them. If you are a super-fan of mangoes, go ahead and add more of them. Neither changes will make such a difference to the smoothie flavour that it ruins it, and it will still remain a healthy smoothie!
You can also use a mixture of fresh or frozen fruit, so theres no need to worry there. You can also freeze any excess fresh fruit you might have left over afterwards.
How To Make A Thick Smoothie
Making a thick smoothie is all about using some frozen ingredients in the smoothie. If you use all fresh ingredients, you wont end up with a thick and creamy smoothie. Frozen fruit is also better to use than ice, since ice can dilute the smoothie and leave it tasting a bit bland.
You can also add less liquid to a smoothie to help make it thicker, or a teaspoon of chia seeds, which are very absorbant and can help make a smoothie thicker.
Also Check: Are Daily Harvest Smoothies Healthy
The Most Delicious Strawberry Mango Smoothie Recipe
A well balanced smoothie is one of my favorite quick breakfast options. I love to pack them with fruit, protein, healthy fats, and sometimes greens to help me start the day off strong.
They are a delicious option when you are short on time but still want to fill your body with nutritious goodness.
This strawberry mango smoothie recipe is a delicious blend of mango, strawberries, fruit juices, and creamy Greek yogurt. It is an absolutely delicious smoothie combo that I know you will love!
Liked This Recipe Please Consider Buying Me A Smoothie
It takes a great deal of effort to test and put out these recipes and there are no ads on this site to help support it.It would be great if you would consider buying me a smoothie or tipping what you can to help keep the site running, and to help me test and post new smoothie and juice recipes!Thank you!
You May Like: Juicer And Smoothie Maker Combo
Make Ahead And Storage Tips
- To Make Ahead. Prepare the smoothie as directed, and pour it into an airtight freezer-safe glass jar. Store the jar in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let the smoothie thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving. The texture will change somewhat, but its a viable option if you want to prep ahead. I also like to pour smoothies into ice cube trays, then take them to go.
- To Store. Blended strawberry mango smoothies can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Strawberry Mango Smoothie Ingredients
Like most smoothies, this one is super simple to make and doesnt require a lot of ingredients. You can find the full, printable recipe below in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. Lets take a look at what youll need:
- strawberries frozen strawberries either whole, or halved, see notes below on using fresh fruit.
- mango chunks best results if using frozen mango. See notes below on using fresh fruit.
- banana slices the banana can either be fresh or frozen, whichever is most convenient. The banana adds creaminess to the smoothie.
- ice cubes you can use cubes or crushed ice.
- coconut water the coconut water is delicious in this recipe but I have lots of suggestions on other liquids that you can use in this recipe, see below.
Add one scoop of vanilla flavored protein powder to this mango and strawberry smoothie for a protein boost!
Read Also: Green Smoothie Recipes For Beginners
Fruits And Veggies Smoothie
Making smoothie at home is really easy. You really just need your favorite fruits and vegetables. Its an excellent way of using fruits and veggies quickly if they are too ripe or spoiling soon. There will be some combination that tastes better than others, but everyones preference is a bit different. My daughter loves berry smoothies while my son loves chocolate based ones. In general I love all kinds of smoothies but one of my favorite treat is green tea smoothie.
After many trials and errors, I figured out what combination of fruits each of us likes to blend together. When we dont have fresh fruits, I always keep some frozen berry mix in the freezer as backup. When you use frozen fruits, you dont need to add ice to the smoothie as they are already cold. If you want recommendations, I typically use strawberries, apple, banana, chia seeds, blueberries, raspberries, carrots, kale, and orange for my smoothies.
How To Make Strawberry Mango Papaya Smoothies
As the name suggests, this is a fruit-filled drink. And you really dont need much more than fresh fruit to pull this smoothie together.
In fact, this is really a dump-and-go recipe. Simply add all of your juicy fresh fruit to a blender with as much plant-based milk as you need to blend things into a smooth, creamy texture. If you like a sweeter smoothie, you can add a dash of sweetener too. Blend away and there you have it: a clean, healthy and nutritious morning drink.
Don’t Miss: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Columbia Md