Detox Green Smoothie With Chia Seeds
If you havent tried chia seeds yet, heres a great opportunity. These tiny but mighty seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids that are great for your heart. They also help you stay fuller longer, thanks to its plant protein power. Combined with spinach, unsweetened almond milk, frozen pineapple, and naturally sweet banana, this tasty mixture is the ultimate breakfast treat.
Smoothie Recipe Serving Sizes
There are lots of Smoothie recipes but it can be confusing if they are written for use with certain size blenders
Typically, smoothie recipes that you see for Vitamix, Blend-tec or other full-size countertop blenders will make 2 servings which equals 32 ounces or 2 pints.
A counter-top 2-serving green smoothie recipe would typically have:
- 2 Cups of Liquid Base
- 2 Cups Leafy Greens
- 3 Cups of Fruit
> > You would cut above amounts in half for a personal blender since it makes 50% less. < <
These are just general guidelines and certain recipes will have variations to the portions.
Caramel Apple Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie
This vegan, gluten-free breakfast smoothie is perfect for cold mornings when youre craving a fall treat. Dont worry: Theres no caramel in this recipe. Instead, this blogger subs in dates to add natural sweetness, along with antioxidants, fiber, and minerals. Rolled oats also pack fiber and protein, while apples and cinnamon give that undeniably heartwarming taste. This dreamy mixture sits in the fridge overnight, saving you so much time in the mornings.
Don’t Miss: Tropical Smoothie Bradlee Shopping Center
How Long To Blend Frozen Fruit
Although there is no hard and fast rule about how long to blend frozen fruit, you should make sure that all of it has completely blended before you take your first sip.
You do not want to end up with chunks of ice floating around in your smoothie! Just make sure that it looks like a normal smoothie before you drink it.
Smoothie Ingredients To Avoid:
Excessive Sweeteners :
Most smoothie recipes have fruits in them which have natural sugars so you really dont need to add sweeteners.
If your goal is to lose weight and feel healthier then try to avoid adding sweeteners. If you do use a sweetener consider using dried dates or prunes. The fruit in smoothies should be enough sweetness.
Store Bought Fruit Juices
Store bought juices have been pasteurized to increase shelf life and this removes many of the natural healthy components from these juices.
This is why you will see many of these juices add back synthetic vitamins. Lots of research has shown that the body doesnt absorb synthetic vitamins .
If adding fruit juices to your smoothie recipes it is best to either juice the fruits yourself or if you have a small amount of juice to add like lemon/lime juice then just use a citrus press.
Related Article: Juicing vs. Blending – Which is Better For Weight Loss and Nutrition
Dried greens are usually dehydrated for longer shelf life and are no longer alive. Ideally you want to use fresh greens which have many more nutrients. If you are traveling then it can be hard to make smoothies with fresh greens so a good alternative is using a green powder supplement.
There are some excellent supergreen powders that can be used as a fresh greens alternative sometimes. They also work well for adding extra vitamins and minerals to your smoothie. A good super green is this one
Too Many Superfoods
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Concert Seating
What Are The Health Benefits Of A Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Although smoothies are sweet, making it seem like theyre a treat more than a health benefit, they actually full of nutrients. A fruit smoothie contains large amounts of folate. vitamin C, and potassium. Most fruits are a great source for these nutrients and one fruit smoothie can contain up to 2-3 servings of fruit. The Greek yogurt also adds a good dose of protein, which help keep you full for longer.
Tips And Tricks For Your First Smoothie Blends
Sometimes the best recipes are those you create yourself, and the Vitamix is the perfect tool for experimenting with new taste sensations. Occasionally, culinary adventures go awry, and you make end up with a smoothie that’s too thick, too thin or justdoesn’t taste right.
Theres no reason to throw away a smoothie that somehow went south. Turn around your smoothie experiments with a quick fix, then be sure to make a note of it in your recipe book.
You May Like: Smoothie King Immune Booster
Ways To Thicken A Smoothie
Frozen fruit or ice is the first way to thicken smoothies. However yogurt, bananas, coconut milk , avocado, tofu, and nut butter can assist in creating a creamy consistency. If using tofu, start off with ¼ to ½ cup cubes of silken tofu. For avocado, use ½ of the fruit first so the taste doesnt become too rich.
Ninja Bl610 Professional 72 Oz Countertop Blender With 1000
$ as of April 12, 2022 4:45 am
- PROFESSIONAL POWER: 1000 watts of professional power can crush ice and breakdown any tough ingredient.
- XL CAPACITY: The 72 oz professional blender pitcher is excellent for making frozen drinks and creamy smoothies for the entire family. 64 oz. max liquid capacity
- INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGY: Total Crushing Technology delivers unbeatable power with blades that pulverize and crush through ice, whole fruits and vegetables in seconds.
- ICE CRUSHING: Blast ice into snow in seconds and blend your favorite ingredients into delicious resort-style frozen drinks
- RECIPE INSPIRATION: The included recipe guide provides drink and dish making inspiration.
Read Also: Moong Calories
How Do I Make Smoothies If I Dont Like Bananas
Lucky for you, we have an entire post of recipes to make a smoothie without banana. Try those recipes, or tweak any of the recipes below by:
- Subbing in 1/2 cup additional plain Greek yogurt , plus 1 tablespoon additional sweetener and a handful of ice cubes in place of the frozen banana in these recipes.
- Other options: canned pineapple, sweetened yogurt, canned pears. Adding half a ripe avocado can really help make up for the creaminess that bananas usually add, too.
How To Make A Smoothie With Frozen Fruit
To make your frozen fruit smoothie, youll need just three simple ingredients.
- Milk. You need this liquid to be able to help the frozen fruit blend. You can use whatever kind of milk you prefer- dairy or non-dairy.
- Yogurt. This makes the smoothie creamy and also adds a probiotic boost! Again, you can use whatever kind of yogurt you enjoy. I love using my easy homemade yogurt!
- Frozen fruit. As Ive already said, this is what makes the smoothie delightfully thick. And the flavor combinations are endless!
Once you have your ingredients, add the milk and yogurt to the blender. Adding these easy-to-blend foods first will help make it easier for the blender to do its job.
Add your fruit and blend!
If you have a high powered blender, there should be no problems. But if you are using a regular blender, you may notice that it is struggling to work.
If that is the case, stop! You dont want to blow up the motor.
You can either add more milk/yogurt to make the smoothie easier to blend or you can just wait for 10 minutes or so and allow the fruit to soften a bit.
Recommended Reading: Almond Mocha Smoothie King Recipe
Why Wont My Blender Blend Frozen Fruit
This is not an uncommon finding when blending frozen fruit and may be due to one or both of the following:
You probably combined the smoothie ingredients in the wrong order. Ensure that you put the yogurt and other liquids first and that it is enough to cover the fruits, followed by the smaller frozen fruits like diced bananas, then finally, put in the larger fruits. This way, you prevent the larger fruits from getting stuck in the blades of the blender.
Overfilling the blender with frozen fruits may also cause the blender to stall. Check the maximum capacity of your blender and try not to exceed it.
S On How To Make A Smoothie
Below is the basic 4 step process listed in the order you should follow. We provide the most popular ingredient suggestions for each step so that you know the best ingredients you should use to make smoothies.
Add Your Liquid Base
The amount of liquid will depend on the ingredients, blender size, and how much you are making.
Generally the rule of thumb is about cup of liquid for every 1 cup of solid ingredients but it really depends on the ingredients.
You can always add liquid as you blend to get the consistency that you want since certain ingredients like bananas, mango, or oats will make a smoothie thicker, whereas fruits like melons have a high water content.
Popular liquids for healthy smoothies include: Water, Soy Milk, Coconut Milk, Coconut Water, Hemp Milk, Raw Milk, Almond Milk. ** You can also use yogurt like Greek yogurt which adds a nice texture.
Add Fruits And Vegetables
You want the softest ingredients closest to the blade so it can blender better. There are 1000s of fruit and vegetable combinations so following proven recipes will save you a lot of trial and error from mixing ingredients that dont taste well together.
Popular Greens : Spinach, Kale, Collards, Swiss Chard
Popular Fruits : Apple, Banana, Strawberry, Mango, Pear, Peach, Berries, Melons, Pineapple, etcetera..
Kale has a little more earthier taste but is good to switch up with spinach sometimes because Kale is nutritionally dense.
Add your Boost Ingredients
Don’t Miss: Evening Smoothies For Weight Loss
Do You Have To Add Ice
No, ice cubes are not necessary to make a smoothie, as long as youre using frozen fruits. Replace 1:1 ice cubes to frozen fruit is recommended. The ice will create a smooth, thick, chilly texture, or frothy if only a small amount is used. I like to add both ice cubes and frozen fruit together to create the perfect consistency.
Frozen Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Frozen fruit can always be found stocked in our freezer.
When that moment strikes and I have literally NOTHING else to make, a frozen fruit smoothie can always save the day.
It doesnt even matter what fresh or frozen fruits Im working with. They can ALL be turned into a creamy and delicious smoothie.
That is, if you have this basic formula on hand.
I would never leave you hanging, though. In addition to this simple guide, youll also find a few recipes you can start off with and then add in all of the nuts, seeds, milks, juices, yogurts, and protein powders your heart desires.
Because after you finish reading this post, youll never need me again. Well, at least not when it comes to making incredible frozen fruit smoothies!
Read Also: Coffee High Protein Smoothie King
How To Make A Smoothie The Ultimate Guide
With so many types of blenders and smoothie recipes, it can be a little confusing trying to figure out the best way to make a smoothie.
- Is there a right way to make a smoothie at home ?
- What ingredients should I use and how much ?
- Does it matter which type of blender I use ?
Whether you are experienced or brand new to making smoothies our goal is to make this the most comprehensive guide on how to make healthy smoothies.
First we will cover the 5 simple steps for making any smoothie.
Then we will go into more details on using different blender types and answering common questions about smoothies and smoothie ingredients.
The main focus of this guide is about making healthy smoothies not dessert smoothies because we want to get healthy. Let’s Get Started !
Side Note – We assume you already have a blender since you are reading this article. If not, this page summarizes the top blenders for every budget and links to the best model/price for each blender line.
The Right Smoothie Ratios
Start your smoothie with two mugfuls of a liquid base. This can be milk, or a dairy-free alternative such as soya or almond milk, natural or flavoured yogurt, fruit juice, or for a tropical flavoured smoothie, low-fat coconut milk or coconut water. It’s important to add the liquid to your blender before adding the fruit, as this will prevent the blade from getting damaged.
Next, add about three quarters of a mug of your chosen fruit. Banana is a great base flavour for any smoothie, and will give you a lovely creamy texture. Other fruits that work well are berries, mango, peaches, plums, nectarines, grated apple or pear, and melon. You may have to add more fruit or liquid, depending on the type of fruit you choose. Play around until you have a texture you like. Add a squeeze of honey, maple syrup or agave syrup if your smoothie needs it, and finally add a few ice cubes to the blender for a thick and frosty smoothie.
Smoothie combination ideas
You May Like: Low Carb Low Sugar Smoothie King
Minute Frozen Fruit Smoothie
This simple Frozen Fruit Smoothie is made with just three ingredients and so creamy and delicious! Its perfect for an on the go healthy breakfast or an easy snack.
There are affiliate links in this post please read my full disclosure policy.
Unlike my husband, Ive always been more of a milkshake/ice cream lover than a smoothie lover.
But that all changed one night when my mother-in-law made this easy fruit smoothie using frozen fruit and yogurt. I skeptically took a sip and much to my surprise found it quite delightful. It was thick, creamy and refreshing!
In fact, I became such a fan that this simple fruit smoothie has become a regular Sunday evening dinner staple, as you may have seen on my frugal menu plans.
How To Make A Smoothie Creamier:
- Avocado is ideal for adding creaminess to smoothies. Its mild flavor disguises its nutritional wallop. After removing its skin and pit, you can add a whole avocado to your smoothie, or save some for the next day. As an alternative, add ice cream, frozenyogurt, or vanilla yogurt for more creaminess. Work your machine back up to its highest speed, and process for 10-20 seconds.
- Tip: Smoothies need a good blend of liquid and solid ingredients to achieve just the right texture.
Also Check: Gladiator Protein Powder Nutrition Facts
Why Use Frozen Fruit To Make Smoothies
Using frozen fruit automatically makes the smoothie thicker and more like a milkshake, which I love!I know some people like to add ice to smoothies, but I personally am not a fan of the watered-down flavor that gives.
I also find that its more convenient to use frozen fruit. I dont know about you, but I dont always have fresh fruit on hand- at least not enough to make enough fruit smoothies for our family of six.
But its easy to buy a couple of bags of frozen fruit and keep them in the freezer!
Are You Looking For Even More Smoothies No Worries Weve Got You Covered:
- Clementine Avocado Smoothie. If youve never added avocado to your smoothie before, you are missing out! The flavor is so mild, that you cant taste it, but the texture is dreamy, creamy smooth, and the healthy added fats help keep your fuller longer.
- Cold Buster Smoothie. When youre feeling under the weather and your throat is sore, this smoothie for colds is soothing and nourishing.
- Coffee Smoothie. Get a jolt of caffeine and your breakfast all in one cup! This is packed full of coffee flavor.
- Persimmon Smoothie. Packed full of autumnal flavor, this spiced smoothie is creamy and sweet!
- Spinach and Pear Smoothie. Bright green and fresh in flavor, this smoothie is a perfect light breakfast.
- Sweet Potato Smoothie. Sweet potato in a smoothie? YUP! It tastes like a delicious pie. Youll love it!
- Apple Smoothie. This smoothie is packed full of healthy spinach, but tastes like apple pie!
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. This pumpkin smoothie is perfect for the weather is still warm but your heart wants fall to show up.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie. This smoothie is rich and dark, and it tastes decadent enough you could sip on it for dessert!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie. All the flavors of your favorite sandwich in a tasty smoothie! Pick your favorite jelly to add to this peanut butter smoothie.
- Tart Cherry and Spinach Smoothies. We show serving this cherry smoothie as a light breakfast in a bowl, but you could easily pour it in a glass and sip away!
Don’t Miss: 10 Day Smoothie Fast
How To Make Frozen Fruit Easier To Blend
When most people think about blending frozen fruit, they immediately get intimidated by all of the ice in the food. If you are one of these people, then there are a few simple tricks that you can use to make your fruit easier to blend.
1. Run your frozen fruit under hot water before blending it to melt all of the ice.
2. Put the banana in the microwave for 5 seconds to make it easier to blend.
3. Place your frozen fruit into a plastic bag and pour some boiling water on top of the fruit until it starts melting.
Boniso Countertop Blender High Speed Countertop Kitchen Food Mixer For Blend Chop Grind With15l/50oz Glass Jar For Puree Ice Frozen Fruit Crushing Nuts Butter Shakes And Smoothies
$ as of April 12, 2022 4:45 am
- 400W Quick BlendingFeatures a sleek design, 400W powerful high-speed blender enable to chop and blend frozen fruits, vegetables, ice to smoothie in seconds, make sure maximizes the extraction of nutrients and vitamins.
- 1.5L Excellent Kitchen BlenderPowerful stainless steel Extractor blades use Cyclonic action to break down tough ingredients, effortlessly create your favorite smoothies, sauces in seconds. 1.5L Large capacity jar is made of BPA Free Glass Jar which can withstand the high-speed blades.
- Ease of Operation, Pulse Control4 speeds & pulse function provide simple operation for different ingredients such as vegetables and berries, hard fruits and nuts. Pulse setting for smoothies, icy drinks, shakes, and more.
- Anti-Slip Pads You can move this kitchen blender easily with its lightweight design. While the anti-skid pads will ensure the safety of the use process, keeps it stable on the counter.
- Easy to CleanWith a drop of dish soap and warm water, your countertop blender can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds under the pulse setting. We suggest to clean the machine and wipe it dry immediately after used.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Low Carb Options