Best Tips For Success
- Use full-fat yogurt since little ones need plenty of healthy fats for brain development.
- Add any optional ingredients for additional nutrients. Add hemp seeds for more healthy fats and protein.
- Use fresh mango and add a few ice cubes to the blender to have the classic smoothie texture.
- Swap in frozen peaches for the mango if desired.
- Prepare as a Mango Popsicle for another option.
- Serve in a small open cup, a reusable pouch, or on a spoon from a bowl. This straw cup from WeeSprout is also a favorite.
Whats In Mango Smoothie
Its crazy to think that a smoothie this delicious is made with just the four simple ingredients listed below. Most you actually probably have already in your kitchen. Save yourself some major bucks and whip up this mango smoothie recipe today.
- Mango: Fresh or frozen mango chunks both work. Use what you have at home. If youre using fresh mango, but sure to chunk it up so that it blends easier.
- Banana: Fresh bananas work best, but you can also use frozen bananas. If the banana is frozen, it will help to have a thicker smoothie.
- Milk: Regular milk is great, but almond milk or other nut milk could work, too.
- Natural yogurt: Greek yogurt is delicious. I use plain, but if you use flavored yogurt, it will change up the flavor of the smoothie.
You’ll Be Surprised How Delicious Four Ingredients Blended With Ice Can Taste
Sarah Copeland is an award-winning writer, tastemaker, and curator of good living. She is the author of the cookbooks Instant Family Meals, Every Day Is Saturday, Feast, and The Newlywed Cookbook, and the host of the Food Network Series Every Day Is Saturday.
The former Food Director at Real Simple magazine and a Food Network veteran, Sarah has spent two decades bringing her live-full philosophy to homes across America via her books, videos, and articles in The New York Times, Food & Wine, Saveur, Martha Stewart Living, Better Homes and Gardens, The Kitchn, Food52, and Food Network, among others.
Sweet ripe mangos need little help in the smoothie department. We blended ours with a little low-fat milk and yogurt for tang, sort of like a mango lassi. It’s a welcome pick-me-up in the morning but also refreshing to sip alongside spicy foods or as an after-dinner dessert alternative.
You’re likely to find one of six types of mango throughout the year, but no matter what variety is available, you want to be sure to use a ripe mango for blending. It should give slightly, like a ripe peach or avocado. Cut the sides away from the pit and shave off any additional flesh at an angle.
Recommended Reading: Equate Nectarine Smoothie Hand Sanitizer
Help My Kiddo Doesnt Like Smoothies
Oh, I feel you. I have one who doesnt like them much either! My best advice is to not worry too much about it because there are a lot of other foods out in the world. But if you want to play around with how you serve a smoothie, that can have a big impact. Try it in a small open cup, in a reusable pouch, a straw cup, or in a bowl with a spoon.
There might be one way that your child likes more than otherseven if its just because its less expected or more fun to eat.
Tropical Mango Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
This Mango Pineapple Smoothie recipe was inspired by Maui where mangos and pineapples grow wild and free . Even the pineapples in the Maui Costco are phenomenal. You could probably eat half of one and not have that burning tongue feeling. Theyre locally grown and so incredibly sweet!
Weve been talking about taking a vacation for a loooong time. Between work, blogging, ministry, being a Mama and wife, and everything else in between, I was starting to feel run down. I needed a vacation we all did! The weather was beautiful all week long so we all came back nicely tanned.
Too bad it was only 6 days. It should have been more like 16 ). I hope youve been following along on Instagram and Facebook to see the happenings of our vacation . Thanks for being patient with me as I took forever sometimes to answer questions, Im so sorry I was at the beach and the laptop didnt follow me there ). Love you all and I hope you enjoy this little bit of Maui.
Read Also: Best Kale Smoothie For Weight Loss
Making The Classic Smoothie
How To Make Mango Smoothie
1. Alternately you may simply rinse and peel mangoes. Chop or slice them. Peel oranges with a peeler and remove most of the pith and deseed them. Alternately you can use orange juice. If you prefer a chilled smoothie, chill your mangoes and oranges in the refrigerator or freeze for an hour.
2. Add the mangoes to a blender.
3, Peel and add the banana along with oranges. You may check my orange juice post to know how I deseed the oranges easily.
4. Pour water/ milk or juice. You can use plant based milk like almond milk or cashew milk.
5. Add chilled yogurt and honey. You may add more yogurt or juice to bring to consistency. Also adjust the sweetener.
6. Blend until smooth.
Pour mango smoothie to serving glasses and enjoy!
Read Also: How To Make A Smoothie A Meal
Mango Magic Smoothie Ingredients
Three ingredients get you on the smoothie bandwagon. Now, what I can say is you do have some flexibility in the ingredients in terms of the form or kind.
What you will need to make this mango pineapple smoothie are the following:
- Mangos Frozen mango is easy to get in almost any grocery store.
- Pineapple Frozen, fresh, or canned work.
- Greek yogurt Plan, vanilla, or pineapple greek yogurt works fine.
Tips for the ingredients:
- At least one or both of the fruits need to be frozen for the coldest, thickest smoothie.
- In a pinch, pineapple juice alone can be used.
- Regular yogurt can be used in place of the greek yogurt in this smoothie. I have even used peach yogurt in this smoothie recipe.
- Pineapple sorbet or orange sorbet has been used in a pinch in place of yogurt.
How Do You Make A Mango Smoothie
There arent a lot of rules when making a smoothie, but there is one thats important to note!
Always add the softest or liquid ingredients at the bottom of the blender, and work your way up to the firmest or hardest to blend. This will ensure everything plays nice in the blender and you dont have to stop and stir too many times.
For this Mango Smoothie, were using mango juice , Greek yogurt, frozen banana and frozen mango chunks. If your blender is having a hard time getting a smooth consistency, you can open it and add a splash of juice, milk or water.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King New Orleans East
How To Make A Smoothie With Mango
Any recipe that calls for just two steps is a winner in my book.
Tips For Getting A Delicious Smoothie Every Time
- Freeze your mangos! I dont use banana on my mango smoothies, as I find its taste too overpowering. Instead, I peel, cut into cubes and freeze a fresh mango the night before.
- If youre using fresh mangos without freezing it first but still want a thick smoothie, add ½ a tablespoon of chia seeds to improve the consistency, or substitute plain yogurt for a Greek version. You can also add 1 cup of ice cubes.
- Use extra-ripe mango for a sweeter taste. Thats a secret tip for every fruit smoothie: extra-ripe fruit do not look pretty, but the amount of sugar they have gives the most amazing taste to your smoothie.
- If you find it too thick, add ¼ cup orange juice/milk/coconut milk and blend again.
Read Also: What To Put In Smoothies For Energy
Don’t Miss: Best Milk For Smoothies For Weight Loss
Mango Chia Seed Smoothie
If youre on a gluten-free and vegan diet, this mango chia seed smoothie is perfectly just for you.
This will replace all the soda, coffee, and other addictive beverages and make you say its deliciously healthy. So try it now!
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 10 oz. of freshly diced mango
Can I Use Fresh Banana Instead Of Frozen
I prefer to use frozen bananas in my smoothies because it adds such a rich and creamy consistency! I always have a big freezer stash for smoothie days
If you dont have any frozen bananas, you can skip them or add some in fresh. If you use fresh bananas and find that the smoothie is too warm or too thin for your liking, you can add some ice cubes and blend it again.
Read Also: Vegan Smoothie Diet Weight Loss
How To Make A Green Smoothie
This smoothie is packed with nutrients and is a nice, energizing drink. Its also a good source of protein and fat, so its a great meal replacement. The protein in the banana helps build lean muscle, and the mango gives you a good dose of vitamin C. The spinach also helps to provide you with more nutrients. If you want to give the smoothie a little more energy, add a small handful of baby spinach.
Ways To Customize This Recipe
- Swap out the orange juice for pineapple or mango juice.
- Increase the sweetness with maple syrup.
- Add in coconut milk, almond milk, or cashew milk for an even creamier texture.
- Add in frozen pineapple or papaya for even more tropical flavors.
- Add in protein powder for an extra satiating boost.
- Feel free to add non-dairy yogurts like cashew, soy, or coconut.
Recommended Reading: Smoothies You Can Make With Bananas
Simple Mango Smoothie Recipe
I love to keep a bag of cubed mango in the freezer because it blends up so creamy in a smoothie. This is a great smoothie recipe for kids who cant have banana, for when you run our, or you just want something differentits plenty creamy and sweet without the banana. With the addition of the yogurt and orange, theres a nice mix of protein, probiotics, Vitamin C and sweetness.
Meal Prepping The Mango Smoothie
Maybe youre realizing cutting and dicing a whole mango from scratch to make a smoothie might take longer than you thought. Does that mean its still a viable breakfast option?
The solution is to meal prep the smoothie. Cutting up and using fresh fruit every time is delicious, but if youre someone with limited meal time in the morning its not very feasible. You can keep it feasible by preparing most of the ingredients in advance and then just add yogurt, liquid, and maybe honey to the blender for a near-instant breakfast.
To streamline your morning meal routine, either cut up fresh mango using the techniques mentioned above or use frozen pre-cut mango and divide the fruit into freezer-friendly bags or containers. Slice and add bananas to each container or bag as well. You can freeze peeled and deseeded orange slices, but the texture wont be the same and the juice you need to loosen the smoothie would be frozen.
When youre ready for a morning mango smoothie, take one of your bags of pre-portioned fruit out of the freezer. Add it to the blender, along with yogurt, honey, and orange juice, and voilà! A beautiful breakfast smoothie with way less work. Keep in mind that frozen fruit will result in a thicker smoothie, so you may have to add more orange juice to thin to taste.
Read Also: What To Eat With A Smoothie For Breakfast
Tips And Tricks For The Creamiest Smoothie
- Add the liquids first adding the liquids to your smoothie first will help everything to blend more evenly which will give you a smoother and creamier smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit frozen fruit helps to keep the smoothie creamy and cold without the use of any ice.
- Ditch the ice speaking of ice, the pitfall of a lot of smoothies is the use of ice. Ice waters down the smoothie, changes the consistency from creamy to icy, and just does not give you that delicious smooth texture that everyone loves.
- Use ripe fruit if its the summer, when fruit is its best and in season, I highly recommend freezing ripe fresh fruit instead of buying pre-frozen fruit from the freezer section. It will make your smoothie even more flavorful and delicious.
Benefits Of Drinking Mango Smoothies:
1. Mango smoothie is perfect for women who are having trouble conceiving. Mango smoothie is rich in folic acid that helps maintain a normal, healthy pregnancy.
2. For people with lactose intolerance, mango smoothies provide them with the same essential nutrients as milk without gas.
3. It helps strengthen our bones, providing calcium which is essential for strong and healthy bones.
4. Mango smoothie helps maintain normal blood pressure due to the high potassium content in mangoes.
5. It is an essential source of antioxidants such as beta-cryptoxanthin, alpha-carotene, and other carotenoids that protect our bodies against diseases like cancer.
6. Mango smoothie is good for cardiovascular health because mango contains vitamin C, which helps lower cholesterol and reduces high blood pressure.
7. It also helps to control diabetes by lowering the amount of insulin needed in the body. Mangoes are rich in soluble fiber that keeps you full longer, making it easier to adjust caloric intake, thereby reducing the risk of diabetes.
8. Mango smoothies have a lot of vitamin A and Vitamin C, which help prevent macular degeneration from developing in old age.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie Diet Rapid Weight Loss Program
Should You Use Fresh Mango Or Frozen Mango
Im a fan of seasonal eating so if mangoes are in season Ill use fresh mangoes for this smoothie recipe. You can cube the mango or use a glass to remove the mango from the skin .
If you use fresh mango then make sure youre using a frozen banana in the recipe to keep the smoothie nice and thick and cold.
But if fresh mangoes arent available or in season, then absolutely use frozen mango. If you use frozen mango, you can use a fresh banana. In other words, just make sure at least the mango or the banana is frozen.
What Is The Best Milk To Make Smoothies With
The best milk to use in a smoothie depends on your preference. There are four main types of milk to consider: whole milk, reduced-fat or skim milk, rice milk, and almond milk. Each has its nutritional value as well as distinct flavors. For those who want a creamy texture without the fat, try whole milk or rice milk.
If you are lactose intolerant, choose almond or rice milk. These are the only types of milk that contain no lactose, making them ideal for individuals who cannot benefit from dairy products. If you are more concerned with flavor rather than calories, opt for reduced-fat or skim versions of your favorite type of milk.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Smoothie
Serve Mango Smoothie As You Like It
Obviously you can serve the smoothie in a glassmaybe with a straw if youre into that aestheticbut theres other ways to have your smoothie and eat it too.
If you have leftover smoothies made with fresh fruit, freeze any leftovers into popsicles to enjoy later on a hot day.
Drinking a smoothie too light a breakfast for you? Leave it a little thick and serve it as a smoothie bowl with all your favorite fruit, nut, coconut, or granola toppings.
Theres no wrong way to consume this delicious mango smoothie.
Why Is This Mango Smoothie So Special
This mango smoothie
is a refreshing & healthy treat
is pure and delicious
has a smooth and creamy texture
gets done in 2 minutes
has just the perfect thickness for sipping
is made with healthy ingredients
can also be made vegan
If you are a frequent visitor to this website then you already know that I am an ardent mango lover. Every mango season I make sure to buy plenty of fresh mangoes to relish them as they are, or to use them in a variety of recipes. I just love mango recipes. Other than whipping up this super creamy and delicious mango smoothie, some of my favorite mango drinks are: Mango Milkshake, Mango Mastani Recipe, Mango Lassi, and Strawberry Mango Smoothie.
Recommended Reading: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Augusta Ga