Are Breakfast Smoothies Good For Weight Loss
- Filling breakfast smoothies that are high in protein and low in calories can be good for weight loss. Choosing hearty breakfast smoothies will help make sure you arent starving by mid-morning.
- See the Healthy Breakfast Smoothies for Weight Loss category below for recipe ideas.
Note: The above is a general guideline. For more information or specific recommendations for your own diet, please contact a nutritionist or your doctor.
Best Tips For Success
Here are some tips to consider when making a fruit and veggie smoothie for your kids.
- If you can freeze the greens ahead of time, the finished product will taste much less green but will have the same nutrition. Just make sure the greens are dry, then put them into a zip top freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Blend really well to get a very smooth consistency, adding a little more milk as needed to thin.
- You can get a less thick texture in toddler smoothies, which some kids prefer by using fresh fruit rather than frozenand this is also a good option for winter days when a frozen drink is less than ideal.
- You can use yogurt in place of milk if you add a fruit with a lot of liquid like a clementine or orange.
- Try using half milk and half yogurt for a creamier texture some toddlers may prefer.
- Serve toddler smoothies in a reusable pouch or in a cup with a straw.
- You can also offer small tastes with a spoon if you have a child who isnt yet a fan. Consider even a small sampling a success!
- Sprinkle on some granola or a favorite cereal and serve as a smoothie bowl for a fun variation.
- And if nothing else works, freeze them into popsicles!
Ice Cream For Breakfast Healthy Breakfast Smoothies For Kids
Here is a quick and easy healthy breakfast smoothie your kids will love. They will think you have gone crazy giving them Ice Cream for breakfast. Little do they know this is a healthy breakfast smoothie for kids, but oh so yummy. I tell them this is ice cream, so they think they are getting a special treat.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Smoothie Meal Replacement
Smoothie Recipes For Kids
While there are literally hundreds of different breakfast smoothies for kids, Ive included three simple recipes below that my children love.
My daughters favorite is my blueberry avocado smoothie. My son loves my almond butter and jelly smoothie, and both kids love my simple choco-banana smoothie.
Feel free to choose fresh or frozen fruit for your healthy smoothies for kids.
I do find that using frozen fruit produces a consistency that my kiddos prefer since it turns out more like ice cream!
Each of these healthy breakfast smoothies for kids is vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
Likewise, all MegaFood® products are tested for 125+ pesticides and herbicides, certified dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, vegan, Kosher and Non-GMO Project Verified. Additionally, MegaFood® is the first supplement brand to have its entire line certified Glyphosate Residue Free!
Im so excited to have discovered MegaFood® Kids Daily B-Centered Nutrient Booster Powder, and I plan to continue adding a scoop to my kids daily breakfast smoothies. I hope youll give my smoothie recipes and this wonderful product a try soon!
For more information or to locate MegaFood® products near you, visit www.megafood.com.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Healthy Breakfast Smoothies For Kids
Just when I think my kids are going to outgrow their picky eating tendencies, Im proven wrong. Honestly, its still sometimes a struggle to get my children to make healthy food choices.
Its why I am still a huge fan of creating delicious and healthy breakfast smoothies for my kids. Its such an easy way to increase the fruits, vegetables and whole grains in their diet.
My kids are HUGE smoothie fans, so this works out really well as part of our breakfast routine.
I even upped my smoothie game recently when I discovered MegaFood® Kids Daily B-Centered Nutrient Booster Powder. Its an herbal formula designed to support mental focus, and a sense of calm.*
This product was developed for kids ages 5 and over, so its perfect for Evan and Kara. Since this powder was designed to support a sense of calm and focus, its a wonderful addition to our school mornings.
You just add one level scoop to 6-8 ounces of your childs smoothie, juice, or shake and blend well. I always taste test my kids smoothies and I can confirm that you cant taste any trace of the product in the smoothie.
MegaFood® Kids Daily B-Centered Nutrient Booster Powder is loaded with some really great ingredients!
Kids Daily B-Centered Nutrient Booster Powder is formulated with a full spectrum of FoodState® B Vitamins to support the health of the nervous system.*
Another ingredient, L-Theanine, may help to promote mental focus in easily excitable children.*
Only the best for this little cutie! ?
I LOVE that!
Read Also: Breakfast Healthy Smoothies For Weight Loss
Ingredients For A Perfect Green Smoothie
This green monster smoothie for kids contains many fruits and veggies to bring the energy they need for the day.
Gather all the ingredients in the jug of a high-speed blender, starting with the almond milk. In fact, its much easier to blend all your ingredients, starting with the liquid.
So all you need to make this simple kid smoothie are:
Carrot & Orange Smoothie
Getting vegetables into kids can be a challenge, but sneaking some into delicious smoothies usually works for even the fussiest eater! This orange & carrot smoothie recipe from Jens Favourite Cookies is a winner.
If your kids dont mind the taste of ginger, include a small chunk when blending, for some additional goodness.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:14 Sneaky Ways to Get Vegetables into Kids
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Meal Replacement Smoothie
How To Make Ahead + Store Smoothies
- No time in the morning to whip up a smoothie? NO PROBLEM. You can make most smoothies the night before and store them in the refrigerator.
- To Store. Store blended smoothies in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Place the smoothie in an airtight jar the less air touching the smoothie, the better. Stir before serving.
- To Make Ahead. Prepare the smoothie as directed, then pour into an airtight freezer-safe mason jar and freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie For Kids
Last but not least: a lusciously sweet and satisfying chocolate peanut butter smoothie! Its got the irresistible salty-sweet trio of cocoa, peanut butter, and bananas, all blended up into a delightfully creamy drink with some yogurt and milk. Plus, a sneaky dose of superfood spinach that you wont even notice is there! The chocolaty flavor is the perfect disguise for greens, or any veggies you like.
Youve got the option to add a bit of honey, which I think makes this an extra special and treat-like smoothie for kids. But of course, do what feels right for you! Whether you decide to serve it as a drink or as a smoothie bowl, I highly recommend tossing some chocolate chips into the mix for added indulgence. After all, when we enjoy the healthy foods we eat, were encouraged to keep eating and enjoying those foods!
Also Check: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Fort Myers
How To Make Breakfast Smoothies For Kids:
1. Start with a great yogurt. Learn how to make yogurt in a slow cooker. I like to use Greek yogurt, since this has a higher calcium content than regular yogurt. This works great with regular yogurt too. You can use plain or vanilla yogurt. Then the night before freeze the fruit you plan on using. I like to use frozen strawberry puree.
2. Then I add oatmeal, wheat germ and /or flax seed. If using all three use about 2 table spoons each. If using just one then use about ¼ cup. This may not be to everyones taste experiment to see if you like this. My daughter thinks it is cool to add the oatmeal however my son thinks it is nasty. Then blend with an emulsion blender. If you do not have an emulsion blender then you may need to add some milk to a regular blender and blend. The frozen fruit freezes the yogurt and it tastes like soft serve ice cream. Very delicious. I also make these healthy breakfast smoothies for kids as a treat in the summer time. They think they are getting ice cream, but I know they are getting the nutrition they need.
If you are using berries and plain yogurt you may need to add a teaspoon or two of powdered sugar or honey to cut the tartness of the berries. But it is far less than a scoop of real ice cream. I like to use powered sugar since it is already so fine you dont have to worry about the little crunchy granules you may get with regular sugar.
Link up your weekly deals here. I love to visit blogs that link up to check out your deals for the week.
What Are The Best Superfoods For Smoothies
Superfoods are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and this smoothie is loaded with them.
Blueberries: Packed with antioxidants, blueberries are a must-have superfood for smoothies. Kids love the taste and Moms love the potassium and Vitamin C that helps support a healthy immune system.
Strawberries: The major player in a strawberry is Vitamin C that boosts immunity and promotes healthy eye function.
Pineapple: Pineapple is another heavy hitter loaded with Vitamin C + fiber that supports a healthy digestive system.
Banana: With significant amounts of Vitamin C and B6, bananas bring the nutrition and the potassium plus they add a fabulous flavor.
Spinach: Spinach is loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin K, beta-carotene, iron, calcium and magnesium and it happens to be on most kids top ten most hated vegetables. The beauty of this smoothie is that the fruit masks the spinach-y taste kids avoid.
Kale: One 1/2 cup of kale has 100% of your daily dose of Vitamin A, more than 50% of your recommended daily Vitamin C and Vitamin K.
Read Also: Bed Bath And Beyond Smoothie Blenders
Tropical Green Smoothie For Kids
If youre excited for a chance to fit some leafy greens into your little ones day, try this tropical green smoothie for kids or toddlers! Seriously, you wont even taste the spinach in this sweet and creamy smoothie. Its almost like a green piña colada: bursting with yummy pineapple flavor, and a lusciously thick texture thanks to that frozen avocado.
Personally, I like to add some healthy fats by using a combination of full-fat coconut milk and almond milk. But of course, you can use whichever milk you prefer. Coconut milk adds extra creaminess, and those nourishing fats make for a more filling, satisfying smoothie! It also makes for a thicker textureperfect for a smoothie bowl topped with fresh fruit, coconut shreds, and slivered almonds.
Breakfast Smoothies For Kids
A smoothie is an excellent choice of breakfast because it is easy to prepare and is packed with nutrients that your child needs.
5. Papaya Smoothie
Papaya is rich in vitamins A and C, and minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium. The fruit also has fiber and antioxidants that can help your kids stay healthy.
- 1/2 cup of low-fat milk or water
Preparation Time:10minsServings: 1
9. Banana Smoothie
One of the simplest fruit smoothies you can make for your kid, the banana smoothie is rich in potassium and vitamin C. The cinnamon powder added to this recipe is a source of antioxidants and other bioactive compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties. The blend of ingredients in this recipe can help boost your childs health.
Also Check: Essential Living Foods Superfood Smoothie Mix
Healthy Smoothies For Kids
What better way to get some fruits and veggies into your kids diet than a refreshing smoothie! These 10 healthy smoothies for kids are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or even a delicious snack.
I dont know about your kids, but mine get so excited when I give them a smoothie! Maybe it reminds them of an Icee or other frozen drink, but I dont complain because I know Im feeding them something really nutritious. You can pack so many healthy foods into a smoothie .
These healthy smoothies for kids are great to give your kids for breakfast, or send in fun smoothie pops for lunch. We also love them as after school snacks! The possibilities are endless with smoothies.
Mangos and peaches make a refreshing and dairy-free smoothie your kids will ask for again and again. For best results, use frozen fruit.
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 cup diced peaches, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chopped mango, fresh or frozen
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Inspired by one of my favorite baked goods, this smoothie is low in carb and high in protein. P.S: theyll never know the spinach is there.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
Super thick and full of that coconut flavor, this is one smoothie that tastes like a dessert without the guilt so you can enjoy it for breakfast or a treat.
- 3 bananas
- ¼ cup almond butter *
- 14 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut flakes
5. Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- 1 banana, frozen
Easy Smoothie Recipes For Kids + Smoothie Bowl Ideas
How to Make Healthy Smoothies for Kids, Toddlers & Picky Eaters
Give your little one something sweet and nutritious to sip on with these 4 easy smoothie recipes for kids and toddlers! Truthfully, these fruit smoothies are delicious for people of all ages. Theyre just made with simple ingredients and tasty flavors that kids or picky eaters will enjoy. Ill share tips for how to make healthy smoothies for kids plus fun smoothie bowl ideas to take each recipe to the next level!
Whether youre looking for snack ideas or healthy meal inspiration for kids, smoothies can be a fantastic and versatile option. Serve one of these smoothies for kids as an anytime snack, like a juice box + nourishment all in one. Or, serve it in a bowl with tasty toppings, and youve got a nutritious, spoonable breakfast bowl or lunch ready in minutes!
No complicated ingredients, no attempts to sneak in tons of veggies. Just deliciously easy fruit smoothies that little ones will genuinely want to drink. And, since each kids smoothie recipe yields two servings, you can feed two little ones with each batch. Or, consider enjoying the other half of the smoothie yourself. Or prep a smoothie bowl for the two of you to share! As always, each recipe is totally customizable and easy to adjust to your or your childs preferences.
For some simple, sugar free, AND banana free smoothie ideas, check out my 5 high fiber smoothie recipes made with prune juice!
You May Like: How To Make A Frozen Blueberry Smoothie
Easy Smoothies For Kids Or Toddlers
Below, Ive shared 4 easy smoothie recipes for kids, each made with 6-7 ingredients or less. Start with whichever flavor you think your little ones will enjoy most. Then, try branching out into smoothies with less-familiar foods and flavors! As always, each of these kids smoothies is totally adjustable, so change up the ingredients however you like.
To see how all of these recipes are made, watch my Smoothies + Smoothie Bowls for Kids video!
Nut Butter & Jelly Smoothie
This classic salty-sweet flavor combination is bound to be a favorite: PB& J in a sippable smoothie form! Of course, you can use any nut butter that suits your needs. Frozen strawberries act as the jelly, while frozen banana adds natural sweetness so theres no need for any added sugar.
Lusciously creamy, satisfyingly sweet, and with a vibrant pink color that makes it all the more fun to drink. A super simple 4-ingredient smoothie for kids that you can have ready in minutes! Or, serve it as a smoothie bowl topped with fresh berries, nuts, and chia seeds for a more substantial meal.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy A Smoothie
Can Toddlers Have Smoothies
Yes! Toddlers and kids can definitely have smoothies made with any fresh or frozen ingredients you have. I always start first-time smoothie drinkers off with a sweet pink or blueberry smoothie, but any of the recipes below are fair game. Head over to this post if you are looking for smoothies for kiddos 1 year and younger.
Tips To Make Healthy Smoothies Appealing For Kids
If you want to ensure that your children are hooked to healthy smoothies, here are a few tricks you can use.
You May Like: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Charlotte Nc