Use Your Milk Of Choice
I have used and loved all kinds of milk for smoothies, including normal cows milk, raw cows milk, and lots of plant- and nut-based milk like rice, almond, coconut, and cashew. When buying nut milk, make sure the carton is marked unsweetened. You dont really need the added sugar when you are using fruit in your smoothie. I love cashew milk its super creamy and delicious. I most often use almond milk in the carton or a coconut-almond blend in the carton. Use what you can find in your area.
How Can I Make My Smoothie Healthier
The smoothie recipes below are plain, but if you want to expand your smoothie horizons, go for it! Toss in chia seeds or protein powder or hemp seeds or flax or whatever else makes your heart happy. If you have a standard set of mix-ins you like, you can even freeze them into booster packsgreat for really quick and easy smoothies!
How To Make Different Kinds Of Smoothies
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 37 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 164,082 times.
It’s quite simple to make different kinds of smoothies. They are delicious and healthy. It takes a lot of experimenting, but here are a few ideas.
You May Like: Smoothies To Help Immune System
Healthy No Banana Smoothies
My 8 Simple Smoothies You Should Know How to Make post is the second most popular post ever on Wholefullyand for good reason! Those simple smoothies are a great primer to smoothie-making. They use simple ingredients that you recognize and the smoothies are all delicious!
But the absolutely number one negative comment I get on that post is from banana-haters why do they all have to use bananas? Well, I love the sweetness and creaminess a frozen banana adds to a smoothie, but I HEARD you, friends. And today, weve got a whole new set of eight smoothies for youand this time, there isnt a single banana in sight!
Even better than that, all the smoothies are dairy-free and contain no added sugarmaking them paleo and vegan-friendly.
Beyond using a good blender, Ive discovered a few tricks for making smoothies sweet and creamy without the use of diary or bananas, and Ive put them into these recipes down below. I hope you love them! Lets dig in.
Are Smoothies Healthy For You
Before we dive into the quest of how to make a fruit smoothie, lets dive into the why. Our philosophy here at Wholefully is that smoothies can be an incredibly nourishing part of your diet. Just like with our juicing recipes, we say its always better to eat whole fruits and veggies where possible. But its not always possible! Smoothies do make it easy to pack in all the nutrients of your favorite produce into one drinkable cupwhich is great when youre on the go or short on time.
And lets be honest, smoothies are just freaking delicious! We are big believers that you also need to nourish your soul with your food, and if drinking a perfectly tangy and sweet smoothie brings a smile to your face, then thats healthy as healthy can be.
You May Like: Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt
Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe
Why not drink your green food? This glowing green smoothie recipe is the perfect immunity-boosting drink with a sweet tart flavor! It stars green apples, loads of spinach, and protein-packed nuts. The tangy is balanced with sweet, and it has a loose but creamy texture thats easily drinkable and a vivid, glowing green color.
How To Freeze Fruit For Smoothies
To make smoothies even easier, freeze fresh fruit into portions. You can even prepare smoothie packs and freeze them for a grab-and-blend smoothie option.
To freeze fruit for smoothies, rinse and chop fresh fruit into small pieces. Pat them dry then arrange, in one layer, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Slide the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze until hard .
When the fruit is hard, divide it between freezer-safe bags and keep it in the freezer for your next smoothie.
You May Like: Easy Smoothie Recipes To Make At Home
Lemon Turmeric Flush Drink:
- 1 teaspoon Stevia or 1 Tablespoon Honey or Real Maple Syrup
- Serves 2
Mix together, water, lemon juice, turmeric, ginger, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Add stevia, honey or maple syrup to taste. The cayenne pepper adds a kick to it so not everyone can handle it.
If you are looking for MORE JUICE CLEANSE RECIPES, CLICK HERE.
If I am suffering from anything – from allergies to autoimmune issues to overeating the night before, this helps to clean out my liver and belly. I woke up this morning with swollen eyes caused by allergies and this drink helped the swelling go down quickly. You can drink it heated up or drink it cold straight out of the refrigerator. We make a large pitcher and keep in the refrigerator to last a week. We give it a good stir and guzzle it down.
Creamy Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
Part of the struggle with trying to lose weight and create healthier habits is the struggle of having to give up some of your favorite foods, like chocolate. Say no more. This chocolate mint smoothie is the perfect blend of protein and chocolate to satisfy your cravings for good! Why avoid what you love when you can indulge the healthy way?
You May Like: Soap And Glory Smoothie Star Body Buttercream
Types Of Smoothies Do You Really Know Them All
Smoothies are super popular and with very good reason. They are a quick and easy way to get more fresh produce, of all colors, into your diet.
They are delicious too and make the perfect meal or snack when youre in a rush. Since they are so versatile, its easy to find smoothie recipes that you love and can enjoy every single day.
Lets look at the three different types of smoothies you can make. You might be familiar with the first two, as these are the most popular.
But, the third type, although not as common, is also a great addition to your repertoire, particularly if you love your veggies.
Best Hacks For Sticking With A Whole Food Diet
Here are some tips to help you stick with a whole food diet and develop this lifestyle.
1. Practice Batch Cooking
Especially in the beginning, if youve been used to eating more convenience-based or packaged foods, youre likely to feel like you spend the majority of your life in the kitchen. So, Id suggest getting your cookbooks out and planning around five things to make per week. If you make double, or even triple portions depending on your household, youll have enough quantity to last several meals.
For example, his could be homemade granola. Make it once, and thats breakfast sorted for a week. Whole food diet ingredients like oats, quinoa, buckwheat, nuts, and seeds are all delicious, and great nutritional resources to keep you feeling full until lunchtime.
I also love to make big stews, sauces, and curries that can happily be reheated and added throughout the course of a few days.
2. Make Your Own Convenience Foods
Sticking to a new way of eating can be really difficult, especially for your willpower. So, its very important to make it as easy as possible for yourself.
Pre-chop. Pre-chop. Pre-chop.
Don’t Miss: I Need A Good Blender For Smoothies
How Do I Make A Berry Smoothie
For the best results, youll want to add the ingredients to the blender in this order:
Slowly increase the speed of your blender until it is working at full power. When fully blended, taste your smoothie for sweetness, and add honey or maple syrup to taste.
How To Make Smoothies Sweeter
Now, I know you’re probably wondering how the heck you make your smoothies sweeter then!
We all have varying levels of taste when it comes to sweetness. For me personally, as I’ve incorporated less sugar into my diet over time, I’ve gotten used to things tasting less sweet.
Bananas are great natural sweeteners and they are often more than enough when you’re making a smoothie.
Here are some other sweetener ideas below:
Read Also: Green Smoothie For Belly Fat
Super Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Oh yes, fruit combinations are endless in smoothies! And that makes it all the more fun to experiment with new flavors and vibrant colors. Just remember to make the most of whats in season. Stock up on mangos in the summer and persimmons in the winter. Then blend those with year round fruits such as bananas or apples to create easy, tasty, and refreshing options.
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie: This is a classic combo that never fails and can be enjoyed all year round!
- Mango Smoothie: Mangos are blended with bananas and milk for a sweet and creamy summertime recipe.
- Mandarin Breakfast Smoothie: This creamsicle dream is brimming with Vitamin C, and plenty of power ingredients to kickstart your morning!
- Strawberry Acai Smoothie: If youve got frozen acai packs, blend them with strawberries and bananas to create a vitamin-packed smoothie.
- Peach Breakfast Smoothie: Enjoy the best of peach season with a breakfast smoothie full of creamy yogurt, chia seeds, and a few easy spices.
- Almond Orange Smoothie: Oranges, bananas, almond butter, and vanilla beans make for a simple smoothie thats packed with flavor and nutrients. Bonus, it tastes like an Orange Julius!
- Post Workout Green Smoothie: Try this easy combo of spinach, apples, bananas, avocado, and protein powder to complete your workout routine.
They’re Great For Breakfast Or An Afternoon Pick
Smoothies are a convenient and colorful way to start your day, but some recipes can be filled with added sugar and fat. For a healthy meal or snack, stick to the basics: fruit and veggies.
Every successful smoothie contains two main ingredients: fruit and/or vegetables and a liquid, such as fruit juice, vegetable juice, or milk. Other possible ingredients include yogurt, nut butter, seeds, spices, herbs, and more. Many smoothies also include a few ice cubes to keep the mixture nice and cold. Often, recipes can be tweaked to meet different dietary requirements or tastesfeel free to swap out dairy products for non-dairy ones or change up the spices and juices.
All of these smoothies recipes are loaded with good-for-you vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, and protein. They’re made with only natural ingredients and range in flavors from mango to chocolate to veggie. You’re sure to find a breakfast smoothie for every day of the week.
Read Also: What’s In A Banana Smoothie
Calories In One Cup Cooked Brown Rice Pasta
Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy profession would say that 13.8% is an acceptable number for Why does eating salty popcorn or baked ham make you thirsty sometimes a few hours after youve eaten it? Health Screening Accident & Emergency Services Diabetes Coping with Diabetes Type 2 diabetes is more common and is primarily due to lifestyle factors MM3185 CR3185 R13BP I know a little about Type 1 Diabetes as a friend has it What can apple cider vinegar do for diabetes? Answered by: Jennifer Apple Cider Vinegar and Diabetes. The measurement unit used for indicating the concentration of blood or plasma glucose can either have a weight Other indicators of autoimmune pancreatitis intestinal parasites can lead to acute pancreatitis and other pancreatic diseases. Moderate Alcohol Consumption Lowers the Risk of from observational studies suggests an 30% reduced risk of type 2 diabetes in moderate alcohol what causes night sweats? Pajamas uncomfortable mattress poor diet lack of exercise caffeine smoking medical conditions.. So why not just yank them out of your diet like weeds in your garden? Why not quash blood sugar by Diabetes Diagnosis Fasting :: Diabetes Causes Itchy Skin The 3 Step Trick that Reverses Diabetes Permanently in As Little as 11 Days.
Ways To Add More Vegetables To Your Smoothies
Now that weve established to minimize certain fruits in smoothies, its time to bring in the power of greens! Yes, you can load your smoothie with tons of nutrients without ruining the taste.
Tip on adding vegetables: two vegetables that are a great substitute for adding heft to your smoothie are blanched and frozen zucchini and frozen cauliflower. Blend these into your mix and you have the perfect replacement for your typical banana.
Now, here are a few vegetables options to add:
- Avocado has the highest protein of any fruit and adds an unmatched creaminess to any smoothie.
- Cucumber provides a light and fresh taste while providing a lot of water to stay hydrated.
- Carrots are great for boosting your immune system and add a natural sweetness and color to your smoothie.
- Leafy Greens are a great source of fiber, protein and antioxidants.
- Beets can be used to sweeten an all veggie smoothie and boost energy levels.
- Zucchini is high in fiber and water content to keep you full and is virtually tasteless in a smoothie.
- Cauliflower is filled with Vitamin C, potassium, and fiber and adds non-sugar creaminess.
You May Like: Best Blender For Fruit And Veggie Smoothies
How Do I Make Smoothies If I Dont Like Bananas
Lucky for you, we have an entire post of recipes to make a smoothie without banana. Try those recipes, or tweak any of the recipes below by:
- Subbing in 1/2 cup additional plain Greek yogurt , plus 1 tablespoon additional sweetener and a handful of ice cubes in place of the frozen banana in these recipes.
- Other options: canned pineapple, sweetened yogurt, canned pears. Adding half a ripe avocado can really help make up for the creaminess that bananas usually add, too.
Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie
And here we have it! Yet another healthy smoothie version of your favorite dessert! If youre getting sick of eating oatmeal in the mornings, try using it in a shake instead! Because of the high fiber in oatmeal, it helps keep you feeling full and satiated longer while giving the smoothie a fun new texture.
Don’t Miss: Best Fiber To Add To Smoothies
Are You Looking For Even More Smoothies No Worries Weve Got You Covered:
- Clementine Avocado Smoothie. If youve never added avocado to your smoothie before, you are missing out! The flavor is so mild, that you cant taste it, but the texture is dreamy, creamy smooth, and the healthy added fats help keep your fuller longer.
- Cold Buster Smoothie. When youre feeling under the weather and your throat is sore, this smoothie for colds is soothing and nourishing.
- Coffee Smoothie. Get a jolt of caffeine and your breakfast all in one cup! This is packed full of coffee flavor.
- Persimmon Smoothie. Packed full of autumnal flavor, this spiced smoothie is creamy and sweet!
- Spinach and Pear Smoothie. Bright green and fresh in flavor, this smoothie is a perfect light breakfast.
- Sweet Potato Smoothie. Sweet potato in a smoothie? YUP! It tastes like a delicious pie. Youll love it!
- Apple Smoothie. This smoothie is packed full of healthy spinach, but tastes like apple pie!
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. This pumpkin smoothie is perfect for the weather is still warm but your heart wants fall to show up.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie. This smoothie is rich and dark, and it tastes decadent enough you could sip on it for dessert!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie. All the flavors of your favorite sandwich in a tasty smoothie! Pick your favorite jelly to add to this peanut butter smoothie.
- Tart Cherry and Spinach Smoothies. We show serving this cherry smoothie as a light breakfast in a bowl, but you could easily pour it in a glass and sip away!
How To Make A Smoothie Without Bananas:
Bananas are the backbone of my simple smoothie recipes. They add so much creaminess, and natural sweetness while being inexpensive. That being said, I know not everyone likes/eats bananas. If you arent into bananas, you can add some Greek yogurt + sweetener + ice OR a half of an avocado + sweetener + ice. Those two combos will replace a banana nicely in a smoothie and still give you a nice rich and smooth texture.
Read Also: Dairy Free Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Make Healthy Smoothies
Making healthy smoothies is a much simpler process than you would imagine, and this post will show you how to make 7 different kinds of healthy smoothies that you’re going to love!
I think many people have misconceptions about what healthy smoothies really are. I know when I was younger, I thought that healthy smoothies were the ones you got at Booster Juice. Sadly, I would order a large smoothie from there or Starbucks after a night of partying and think I was replenishing my body with healthy food. Little did I know these smoothies were often filled with sugary frozen yogurt and can contain up to 460 calories .
To make genuinely healthy smoothies, you have to be careful with the ingredients you use. This post will educate you on how to choose the highest-quality ingredients to ensure that you’re getting the nutritional benefits you should be getting with fruit-filled smoothies.
As long as you stock your freezer with frozen fruit and keep a few handy base ingredients on hand in the fridge each week, smoothie making is super easy and nutritious.