Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
The peanut butter cup smoothie is a rich concoction that tastes like a decadent dessert. Good news for you – it’s healthy for you! Mixed in with the oatmeal, bananas, and chia seeds is a hidden superfood – cauliflower! You won’t even be able to taste it, but you’ll still benefit from its nutrients and antioxidants.
What Ingredients Are In The Best Weight Loss Smoothies
Healthy smoothies for weight loss are made with the right blend of weight loss foods that are scientifically proven to decrease body fat. Some of the common ingredients we include in these smoothies for weight loss are:
- Protein powder for weight loss: these powders are low in sugar or other sweeteners, low in calories, and rich in high-quality protein that, in combination with strength exercises, will help build metabolism-boosting muscle mass
- Healthy fats: healthy fats like nut butters, avocado, and MCT oil will help to slow digestion to keep you fuller longer to prevent overeating
- Fiber: consuming fiber-rich ingredients like chia seeds, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, leafy greens, and oats can help prevent spikes in blood sugar that can lead to the storage of carbs as fat
- Low sugar: fruit is the base of all smoothies, and because fruit naturally contains sugar, there’s no need to add extra sweeteners like honey, orange juice, or frozen yogurt that only serve to add empty calories
Whats The Best Liquid For Making Smoothies
We like to use milk of choice. If youre a fan of coconut milk, use it. Like cows milk? Go for it. A fan of almond milk? Cool. Use whatever milk you like in your smoothiesyou cant go wrong. I just recommend you stick to unsweetened and unflavored versions. That gives you the most control over the smoothie.
Recommended Reading: How To Meal Prep Smoothies
Peanut Banana Cinnamon Smoothie
The Spruce / Julia Hartbeck
Kids will love this sweet, but filling smoothie, featuring peanut butter for lasting protein and banana for fiber. The recipe is easily adjusted to fit any diet: Swap the peanut butter for another nut butter or even tahini and use your choice of dairy or non-dairy milk. The cinnamon adds a nice hint of spice.
What Do You Put In A Breakfast Smoothie
- Healthy Fats. Your favorite nut butter, coconut milk, or chia seeds. This makes the smoothie more satisfying and keeps you full between meals. Keep portions in mind I usually add about 1 tablespoon.
- Protein and Fiber Additions. Greek yogurt or your favorite protein powder are easy ways to make breakfast protein smoothies. A tablespoon of oatmeal adds fiber.
- Fruit. Breakfast fruit smoothies are always a crowd-pleasing choice. Strawberries and blueberries are my go-tos. Bananas make smoothies naturally sweet. Mango and pineapple can hide the taste of greens. Unexpected fruits like apples or watermelon can be scrumptious too.
- Vegetables. Spinach, kale, avocado, carrots, and even beets can all be added to smoothies.
- Flavor Additions. Vanilla, cinnamon, honey, maple syrup, and dates are all excellent ways to give your smoothie more flavor.
- Liquid. Unsweetened almond milk is my favorite for smoothies. You can also use juice , a different kind of milk, coconut water, or even plain water.
Don’t Miss: Best Smoothie King Smoothie For Weight Loss
Do Smoothies For Weight Loss Actually Work
When you replace your standard breakfast with a weight loss smoothie, you can lose weight.
On the Zero Belly Smoothies diet, a 39-year-old emergency-response adviser from Katy, Texas, Fred drank Zero Belly Smoothies as part of his weight-loss program. “I noticed results in the first week,” he says. “It really was amazing.” Fred lost 21 pounds and 5 inches off his waist over the next six weeks.
Ohio’s Martha Chesler, 52, who lost 21 pounds and 7 inches off her waist in less than 40 days, had the same experience. “I saw results immediately,” she says.
In fact, in our original Zero Belly Test Panel of more than 500 men and women, many lost up to 16 pounds in the first 14 days. Now you can achieve results like these even more quickly with this carefully created, highly effective collection of Zero Belly Smoothies.
Dark Chocolate Banana Nut
If you want your weight loss smoothies to taste like dessert, this recipe should be your go-to. Four words that combine to sound like a jam session at Ben & Jerry’s house. The density of the banana will have you convinced you’re drinking a milkshake, while the omega-3s in the walnuts will keep your mind sharp and your belly lean.
- Â½ banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- â cup plant-based chocolate protein powder
- Water to blend
NUTRITION: 280 calories / 3 g fat / 31 g carbs / 7 g fiber / 9 g sugar / 31 g protein”
Read Also: Are Mcdonald’s Smoothies Good For You
And Check Out Some Of Our Favorite Smoothie Hacks Too:
- How to Freeze Strawberries. There are lots of ways to use frozen strawberries, but smoothies are definitely one of my favorites!
- How to Freeze Blueberries. We freeze as much fruit as we have room for every summer, for smoothies all year long.
- How to Cut a Pineapple. Dont be intimidated by that spiky skinheres the easiest way to cut a pineapple.
- Smoothie Booster Packs. Never let spinach go bad again! Drop these frozen smoothie packs into your smoothies to boost the nutrition.
- 3 Ways to Meal Prep Smoothies. Yes, you can make ahead smoothies! And we have three ways to show you how.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
This recipe turns a fattening dessert treat into a healthier, less guilt-inducing drink. Although its hard to mimic the real thing, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla almond milk and the frozen banana help form a chocolatey mixture, while the peanut butter adds fat and flavor. For even more of a peanut butter punch, you can also add a scoop of peanut butter powder.
You May Like: Jj Smith 10 Day Smoothie Cleanse
Skinny Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
This vegan recipe will have you drooling for more! Its vegan, low calorie, and delicious! What makes it different than any regular strawberry smoothie? The secret is in a butter extract that gives it a rich pastry flavor while keeping it low in calories. If you feel like leaving your chair to blend this one up right away, you are in good company.
How To Store Smoothies
Protein fruit smoothie recipes can be made the night before and stored the fridge for the next day. If the recipe contains banana, its best to add it the morning you plan to eat it. Otherwise, your smoothie will be an unappetizing brown color and just not look as fresh. The flavor and nutritional state will be the same, though.
If you are using whey or casein protein powder, store your smoothie in a glass container. This is because the plastic is absorbent and may take on a funny smell if left sitting containing the mix.
When premixing a protein fruit smoothie recipe, store it in an airtight glass container right after blending it. It will stay fresh for up to 24 hours but you will have to add a bit of frozen fruit to the mixture and reblend before drinking for it to taste its best.
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
Are Breakfast Smoothies Good For Weight Loss
- Filling breakfast smoothies that are high in protein and low in calories can be good for weight loss. Choosing hearty breakfast smoothies will help make sure you arent starving by mid-morning.
- See the Healthy Breakfast Smoothies for Weight Loss category below for recipe ideas.
Note: The above is a general guideline. For more information or specific recommendations for your own diet, please contact a nutritionist or your doctor.
What Is A Smoothie
A smoothie is a cold, blended drink made up of frozen fruit, liquid such as juice or milk, and other nutritional add-ins such as nut butter, protein powder, and protein powder.
Smoothies are a great way to pack in the nutrition without a lot of effort. There are many varieties of smoothies such as green smoothies, fruit smoothies, smoothies bowls, and more.
Don’t Miss: Garnier Fructis Curl Treat Smoothie
Creamy Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
Part of the struggle with trying to lose weight and create healthier habits is the struggle of having to give up some of your favorite foods, like chocolate. Say no more. This chocolate mint smoothie is the perfect blend of protein and chocolate to satisfy your cravings for good! Why avoid what you love when you can indulge the healthy way?
Are Smoothies Good For Kids
“Smoothies can be a nice option for kids since they’re simple to make and give parents the opportunity to incorporate foods that their child may otherwise not eat,” says Sassos. Even if your kid makes a face at even the idea of spinach, he’ll probably love a “green monster smoothie” , especially if there are a few banana chunks in there to naturally sweeten it up. Another reason smoothies are great for parents is that you can make them ahead of time , or take the along in a spill-proof cup for a healthy between-games Saturday snack.
You May Like: What Do You Put In A Smoothie
Meal Replacement Smoothies For Breakfast
The best smoothies for breakfast will be made up of foods that support energy production, so you can be alert and motivated throughout the day. For this purpose, well want a big handful of B-vitamin rich leafy greens, along with energy-sustaining fats from avocado or coconut.
- Morning Berry SmoothieKey in this recipe is the coconut milk, with lots of healthy fats and some protein, too! The type of fat in coconut is called medium-chain triglycerides. These fats digest differently than others. They are metabolized more quickly than long-chain fatty acids and so are more easily used for energy. If youre dairy-free, double down on the coconut content and add in some coconut yogurt instead.
Nutritionists’ Favorite Weight Loss Smoothies
For this selection, I asked the country’s top nutritionists to share with me their favorite weight loss smoothies, keeping the best weight loss foods in mind, and the results are all delicious and nutritious. Pay attention to the protein countsâif it’s under 25 grams, you don’t want them as a meal replacement, but rather paired with a meal.
All recipes serve one unless otherwise indicated.
“I really love this weight loss smoothie because it tastes super-decadent, but in reality is just loaded with a ton of natural, unprocessed, and healthful ingredients. The cocoa powder is a good source of flavonoids that are both brain and heart-healthy, and also makes the smoothie taste like I’ve added a ton of chocolate. In addition to the healthy cocoa, this smoothie also has other healthy ingredients like raspberries that are a source of immune-boosting vitamin C, and the spinach that’s a source of energizing B vitamins. If I have this smoothie post-workout, I’ll also add a plant-based protein like sprouted rice or pea protein to help my muscles recover more quickly.”
- Â½ banana
by Kristin Reisinger, MS, RD, CSSD, founder and owner of IronPlate Studios
- Â½ cup frozen mixed berries
- Handful of spinach
- 8 oz unsweetened Silk almond milk
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder
NUTRITION: 230 calories / 2.5 g fat / 20 g carbs / 5 g fiber / 7 g sugar / 26 g protein
by Cassie Bjork, RD, LD of Redefined Weight Loss
Don’t Miss: Can Fruit Smoothies Make You Lose Weight
Green Weight Loss Smoothies
Popping into a juice bar for a cold cup of extruded kale juice may be all the rage, but when it comes to both nutritional impact and weight-loss power, juices can’t hold a candle to smoothies.
- First, most commercial juices use apple juice, which is a high-sugar, low-nutrient base.
- Second, juicing strips all the natural fiber out of produce: the rough stuff is what makes it good.
- And third, juices lack fat and protein without these crucial elements, you’re getting no fat-burning, metabolism-boosting benefits.
Next time you want to drink your veggies, blend up one of these seriously nutritious recipes from the book Zero Belly Smoothies.
All recipes make one serving.
How To Make A Smoothie + 27 Simple Smoothie Recipes To Try
Im a believer that smoothies are the perfect meal or snack no matter what the weather. It is never too cold to have an awesome smoothie! Since smoothies are such a tasty way to pack in a meal on the go, I put on a big sweater and happily drink them even when the temps are frigid.
We originally published our first guide on smoothie making way back in 2015, and since then, millions of folks have visited this post and used our recipes to make the best ever smoothies! I consider these smoothies simple classics because they have great flavor, all the ingredients are easy to source , and they pack a nutritional punch that can nourish you nicely. These are the kinds of smoothies that I think everyone should know how to make, and chances are, youll find a favorite combo among these recipes. There really is no wrong way to make a smoothie, but I think these recipes are a great jumping-off point if the blender intimidates you.
You May Like: Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie Daily Harvest
Are Smoothies Healthy For You
Before we dive into the quest of how to make a fruit smoothie, lets dive into the why. Our philosophy here at Wholefully is that smoothies can be an incredibly nourishing part of your diet. Just like with our juicing recipes, we say its always better to eat whole fruits and veggies where possible. But its not always possible! Smoothies do make it easy to pack in all the nutrients of your favorite produce into one drinkable cupwhich is great when youre on the go or short on time.
And lets be honest, smoothies are just freaking delicious! We are big believers that you also need to nourish your soul with your food, and if drinking a perfectly tangy and sweet smoothie brings a smile to your face, then thats healthy as healthy can be.
Are High Protein Fruit Smoothies Healthy
Crave-worthy fruit smoothies are indeed healthy if you mix them right! Be sure to follow these pointers and youll end up with a good-for-you smoothie.
- Dont add juice from the grocery store shelf to your smoothie. Choose liquids like coconut water and unsweetened almond milk like we did for the 5 High Protein Fruit Smoothies for Weight Loss found in this post. Other good choices are hemp milk and soy milk.
- Add healthy fats like Greek yogurt and avocado. That way, along with the fat, youll get extra protein from the yogurt and vitamins and antioxidants from the avocado.
- If you think you need a sweetener, add cinnamon or a dash of pure maple syrup. Dont add artificial sweeteners.
- Dont forget your greens. They add extra nutrients and blend in well with fruits like bananas and strawberries.
Also Check: Easiest To Clean Smoothie Blender
Best Ways To Add A Protein Boost To Smoothies
Smoothies don’t have to be just full of fruits and vegetables. They can be excellent sources of protein too! Whenever you are trying to add protein to a smoothie, you need to use something that will blend in really well and won’t add any distracting flavors.
Here are my favorite ways to add protein to smoothies. I have used these ideas in various smoothie recipes .
- Nut or Seed Butter
- Hemp seeds
What If I Dont Have The Right Ingredients To Make One Of These Smoothies
There is NO right or wrong way to make a smoothie! These recipes are just starter ideas for you to work off of But dont feel like you need to stick with them to make a delicious smoothie. I never measure for smoothies and often throw in what I have on hand. My main tip, however, is if youre using fresh fruit, be sure to throw in a little ice to add that frozen element.
Also Check: How Do You Make A Smoothie
Tips For Making The Best High Protein Fruit Smoothies
So, the best thing about smoothies is that they are packed with nutrition and easy to make. They are delicious, full of fiber, and a great way to boost weight loss. To make the best high protein fruit smoothies ever, keep these tips in mind:
- Use unsweetened almond milk as your liquid because it is low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals, and also gives a good consistency
- Loading your blender in this order typically works best liquid, not frozen veggies or fruits, greens if you are adding any, then the frozen fruits and veggies, and finally, the protein powder
- If you find your smoothie to be too sweet, add lemon juice
- If the taste is too bitter, add pineapple, orange, or banana
- Natural sweeteners like honey and pure maple syrup work great in smoothies
- Avocado can add creaminess to a smoothie, not to mention a load of nutrition
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the shake
How Do I Make Smoothies If I Dont Like Bananas
Lucky for you, we have an entire post of recipes to make a smoothie without banana. Try those recipes, or tweak any of the recipes below by:
- Subbing in 1/2 cup additional plain Greek yogurt , plus 1 tablespoon additional sweetener and a handful of ice cubes in place of the frozen banana in these recipes.
- Other options: canned pineapple, sweetened yogurt, canned pears. Adding half a ripe avocado can really help make up for the creaminess that bananas usually add, too.
Also Check: Take Me To The Closest Smoothie King