What Is A Fruit Smoothie
A fruit smoothie is a drink made from blended fruits with a liquid base of fruit juice, yogurt, milk, ice cream, or other dairy product. Once you blend all your fruity ingredients into a smooth mixture, you have your perfect smoothie.
You can use various fruits to make a fruit smoothie, including bananas, oranges, apples, kiwis, peaches, and more. First, we’ll look at some fruit smoothie recipes that you can try. However, before we dive in, let’s look at the steps to make a basic smoothie.
Mango & Passion Fruit Smoothie
A tropical fruit blend to start the day the nutritious way – full of vitamin C and low in fat too
Kick-start your day with this healthy fruit smoothie, made extra filling with ground almonds and calcium-packed dairy
A creamy breakfast-friendly blend that’s high in calcium and low in calories
Are You Looking For Even More Smoothies No Worries Weve Got You Covered:
- Clementine Avocado Smoothie. If youve never added avocado to your smoothie before, you are missing out! The flavor is so mild, that you cant taste it, but the texture is dreamy, creamy smooth, and the healthy added fats help keep your fuller longer.
- Cold Buster Smoothie. When youre feeling under the weather and your throat is sore, this smoothie for colds is soothing and nourishing.
- Coffee Smoothie. Get a jolt of caffeine and your breakfast all in one cup! This is packed full of coffee flavor.
- Persimmon Smoothie. Packed full of autumnal flavor, this spiced smoothie is creamy and sweet!
- Spinach and Pear Smoothie. Bright green and fresh in flavor, this smoothie is a perfect light breakfast.
- Sweet Potato Smoothie. Sweet potato in a smoothie? YUP! It tastes like a delicious pie. Youll love it!
- Apple Smoothie. This smoothie is packed full of healthy spinach, but tastes like apple pie!
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. This pumpkin smoothie is perfect for the weather is still warm but your heart wants fall to show up.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie. This smoothie is rich and dark, and it tastes decadent enough you could sip on it for dessert!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie. All the flavors of your favorite sandwich in a tasty smoothie! Pick your favorite jelly to add to this peanut butter smoothie.
- Tart Cherry and Spinach Smoothies. We show serving this cherry smoothie as a light breakfast in a bowl, but you could easily pour it in a glass and sip away!
You May Like: Best Blender To Make Thick Smoothie Bowls
Why Make Breakfast Smoothies
Best flavor combo: The combination of strawberries and bananas + protein powder + oatmeal + peanut butter is just the perfect mix to kick-start your day.
Healthy breakfast idea: this healthy breakfast is high protein, made with real fruit, and packed with healthy fats.
High protein: 12g protein/serving. Yes, please!
Best Blenders For Smoothies
OK, youve got all of your smoothie ingredients prepped and ready to go, now how are you going to blend them up?
The key here is powerful.
You want to use a blender capable of completely mixing up all of the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy.
Here is a list of the best blenders for making fruit smoothies:
- Nutribullet A wonderful personal-sized blender option. Make sure you use the larger cup in order to fit all of the ingredients without going over the max fill line.
- Ninja Blender is also another great option!
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients
Recommended Reading: Whole Foods Keto Berry Smoothie
How To Make The Best Banana Smoothie
My basic smoothie recipe calls for four simple ingredients:
Banana I use one banana to make one large or two smaller smoothies. For the best tasting smoothie, use a ripe banana. For the creamiest banana smoothie, use frozen banana slices. Ive shared how I freeze bananas for smoothies below.
Half an orange When I have oranges in the house, I love adding them to my morning smoothie. It adds extra vitamin C and tropical flavor. If you dont have oranges on hand, dont worry, you can substitute other fruits like mango, pineapple, and berries.
Plain or Greek yogurt I dont always add yogurt to my smoothies, but when I do have it in the fridge, adding a spoonful ensures a protein-packed and creamy smoothie. For a smoothie without yogurt, add a little extra fruit or include veggies like spinach or kale.
Water or milk To help the ingredients blend, I like adding a splash of liquid to the blender. For a smoothie without milk, use water. It still tastes amazing. For more creaminess add milk .
To make the smoothie, I add everything into a blender and then blend until smooth. For an icy cold smoothie, throw in a handful of ice or use frozen fruits.
Substitutions For Fruit Smoothie
Fruit Mixing in some pineapple or strawberries would be delicious in this fruit smoothie.
Yogurt Nonfat greek yogurt is a great way to add protein and richness to smoothies for a low amount of calories. You can substitute with dairy free yogurt or full fat yogurt. You can also skip the yogurt, but may need a little bit more milk.
Milk Any milk will work in this recipe. Almond, Dairy, or other non dairy milks will all work.
Protein Powder Protein powder isnt necessary but it is recommended for this recipe. The added protein will help keep you full, rather than this just being blended fruit . Any protein powder will work. We like this protein powder best.
Frozen Fruit You can substitute frozen fruit for fresh fruit. Substitute 1:1. Frozen fruit will result in a thicker smoothie. Fresh fruit will result in a thinner smoothie
Other Add Ins Feel free to add in other nuts or seeds to this recipe. Chia or flax seeds would make a great addition!
Frozen Cauliflower: Frozen cauliflower is relatively tasteless and helps thicken smoothies. Its also a great way to add in sneaky veggies. 1/4 cup cauliflower rice will blend nicely in this recipe.
Read Also: How To Make Mcdonalds Mango Smoothie
Breakfast Smoothies For Weight Loss
Start the day with these breakfast smoothies for weight loss, to boost energy and nourish your body.
Starting my day with a green smoothie is a no-brainer. Yet, not all green smoothies offer the same types of nutrients + protein + natural sugar. So Ive created the perfect breakfast smoothie formula, as well as am sharing my fav healthy breakfast smoothies for weight loss. These smoothies trigger the metabolism to start working. They contain a mix of ingredients that work together with my body, instead of against it.
Smoothie Recipes For Rushed Mornings And Hot Weather
Occasionally, the thought of making food for yourself seems a monumental task, especially on days when its too hot to think of even moving. But fruit fresh or frozen comes to the rescue, as a cooling addition to what can be a filling smoothie.
Read on for tasty smoothies you can make with fresh or frozen fruit. Not seeing the flavor you want? Search for smoothie in our Recipe Finder for more options, and check out this guide to making a fantastic smoothie.
Blueberry Banana Smoothie With Chia, pictured above. A frozen banana and a little milk make this smoothie thick and creamy. Almonds and chia seeds add just enough texture to give the smoothie a little heft.
Green Smoothie With Yogurt, Pear and Ginger. Many of us have been scarred by the green smoothie. Let that experience wash away with this one, boasting spinach for that green hue, yogurt for protein, dates, pear and honey for sweetness, and fresh ginger for zing.
White Sands Smoothie. Inspired by Jonis Kitchen in Montauk, Long Island, Nourish columnist Ellie Krieger made one of her favorite smoothies. With vanilla milkshake vibes, coconut, almonds and a pinch of nutmeg for flavor, this smoothie will have you dreaming a beach vacation.
Breakfast Smoothie Pack. Freeze packs of banana, fruit of your choice, oats and almonds. Then, comemorning,grab a pack, add milk and blend. No hunting around for ingredients!
Recommended Reading: Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie
What Youll Find In This Article:
- Frozen Fruit Smoothie Ingredients
- 5 Frozen Fruit Combinations to Try
- How to Make a Fruit Smoothie
- Tips to Making a Low Calorie Frozen Fruit Smoothie
- Easy Frozen Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- Nutrition and Calories in Fruit Smoothies
Below, youll learn how to make your own frozen smoothie mix, with five fruit combinations to try. This way you can make a different mixed fruit smoothie every day, and never become bored with smoothies with frozen fruit.
In the next section, youll find all the ingredients for smoothies, as well as five different fruit smoothie combinations to try.
In the next section youll find frozen fruit smoothie ingredients and 5 extra fruit combinations to try.
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Dairy Free Smoothie
Triple Berry Smoothie With Granola
This easy berry smoothie with granola is a great breakfast for busy mornings. Its delicious, easy, and made with ingredients like yogurt, frozen berries, banana, and spinach that you may already have in your kitchen.
Also Check: Mizon Apple Smoothie Peeling Gel
Basic Steps For How To Make A Fruit Smoothie
1. Add your frozen fruit of choice
In this case, we used blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. However, any type of frozen fruit will work great!
2. Add a yogurt or banana base to thicken
Plain greek yogurt and/or bananas are great for thickening smoothies.
3. Add protein powder
Adding protein powder helps sweeten the smoothie and, of course, adds protein. This is always an optional step!
4. Add your milk of choice
Our favorite is unsweetened almond milk, but cashew milk, coconut milk, oat milk, and regular dairy milk are all great options as well.
To make the smoothie: Simply blend everything in a single serving blender and enjoy! Another option is to pour the smoothie into mason jars and freeze for quick smoothies throughout the week. Simply thaw in the refrigerator a few hours before youre ready to drink it !
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipe
I personally love smoothies and cant get enough of them. They are so delicious and I would eat them every day if I could.
This is my basic recipe to create what I call the perfect smoothie. It is such an easy smoothie recipe. You can do all water for your liquid, but I suggest you add some sweetener to it.
This recipe is so versatile and can be customized to what you like. It calls for a cup of frozen fruit and I typically use strawberries or blueberries. However, you could use banana, pineapple, mango or a combination!
This Spinach Pineapple Green Smoothie is another favorite smoothie I absolutely love! Once you start making smoothies, you will be hooked!
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Strawberry And Banana Smoothie
Granola And Fruit Smoothie
Granola is basically crispy roasted oats with nuts and is much loved for its crunchy texture. This recipe combines the toasted goodness of granola along with apple, banana, and thick and tangy Greek yogurt to make a wholesome and filling breakfast.
This one is a sure-shot hit. This healthy smoothie is made using refreshing ingredients like ginger, almonds, and green cardamom. Blended along with custard apple and milk to make a fruity treat.
The rich and edgy flavours like ginger and almond make this is a sure-shot hit
How To Make The Perfect Fruit And Veggie Smoothie For Breakfast
Who doesnt love a good smoothie? Its the perfect way to start the day out rightadding all the minerals, vitamins, fiber, protein, and healthy fats you need to have a healthy day.
Smoothies come in all shapes and sizes! From the more delicious smoothies to the highly nutritious , you can find something to satisfy every appetite and desire.
But do you know how to build the perfect fruit and veggie smoothie? Sure, you can throw everything into a blender and hit Puree, but is that the way to go?
If youre trying to add more healthy veggie and fruit smoothies to your diet, its time to master the art of the perfect smoothie.
On this page, youll learn how to build your smoothie from scratch, choosing the right ingredients for your delicious drink.
Plus, well have a few healthy fruit and veggie smoothie recipes for weight loss, improved nutrition, and better overall health. By the end of this page, youll be ready to go on a fruit and veggie smoothie diet! Check out smoothie shelf life here.
Recommended Reading: What Makes A Healthy Smoothie
What Type Of Blender To Use
The last thing I want to cover is the type of blender I recommend for making breakfast smoothies at home.
When I started to make smoothies, I had a cheap blender that I had bought for about $40. This blender did not meet my smoothie needs!
If youre just starting out with smoothies and are not sure if youll stick with it, then a cheap blender should work fine. However, if youre planning on making smoothies 3-5 times a week, then I highly recommend investing in a high-speed quality blender.
How Do I Make Smoothies If I Dont Like Bananas
Lucky for you, we have an entire post of recipes to make a smoothie without banana. Try those recipes, or tweak any of the recipes below by:
- Subbing in 1/2 cup additional plain Greek yogurt , plus 1 tablespoon additional sweetener and a handful of ice cubes in place of the frozen banana in these recipes.
- Other options: canned pineapple, sweetened yogurt, canned pears. Adding half a ripe avocado can really help make up for the creaminess that bananas usually add, too.
Read Also: Low Carb Smoothies At Smoothie King
High Calorie Offending Smoothie Ingredients Include:
- Nut butter. I love to add nut butters to my smoothies, but measuring it and limiting it is essential to keeping calories down.
- Too much fruit. While the whole point is to get your fruit servings for the day, too much fruit is unnecessary. Keep fruit to 1 cup or less in your smoothie.
- Fruit juices. Every smoothie needs a liquid, but be careful what you add. Juice can add 120 calories or more to your smoothie as opposed to water.
- Milk and creams. Adding skim milk is a great choice, but whole milk or cream could double your calories.
- Sugar, honey, or high calorie sweeteners. Theres a reason smoothies from a smoothie restaurant are so high in calories, and its SUGAR! Yes. I agree. They taste amazing. But, the trade off might not be worth it.
- High fat yogurts. Including a cream yogurt makes a delicious fruit smoothie, but choose nonfat yogurt and save half the calories. Choose nonfat Greek yogurt and boost the protein in your shake.
- Coconut, avocado, or seeds like chia seeds. There are whole food, healthy, high fat ingredients like avocados, seeds, or coconut. These are delicious and healthy for you. But they are also high in calories. Simply weigh and measure before you dump these high calorie whole food into a smoothie. Chances are, you will be adding ingredients that you cant even taste. Is it worth it to over do it? Probably not.
Nutribullet Smoothie Recipes You Will Love
NutriBullet Carrot Juice: 3 Simple & Delicious Recipes. One of the easiest ways to stay healthy is to start with healthy drinks. A smoothie, shake or even juice can make a huge difference to your overall health and is so much easier to prepare and enjoy than catered meals. This is why juicing has become so popular today. No matter what fruit or
Directions. Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Blend grapefruit, water, spinach, ice cubes, ginger, and flax seeds in a blender or NutriBullet® until smooth.
Nutribullet Recipe: Frozen Summer Berries Smoothie I absolutely love this smoothie. Its simple, theres always some frozen berries in the freezer and its simply a case of zapping them in the machine whenever I want a good nutritious breakfast, or even just a snack.
Whole food smoothies can help fix this problem by replenishing important vitamin and mineral levels. Here are our favorite ingredients and top smoothies for constipation relief. Related article: Smoothies for IBS. 1. Constipation Relief Smoothie. 2. Banana Smoothie with Seeds and Nuts. 3. Aloe Vera Smoothie.
Frozen Fruit Smoothie With Yogurt 3 Ings Averie Cooks 10 delicious smoothies for diabetics all nutribullet recipes top 10 t nutribullet smoothie recipes all kale a berry smoothie all nutribullet recipes best nutribullet recipes healthy smoothies. Whats people lookup in this blog:
Recommended Reading: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Sunrise Sunset Smoothie