How To Make The Creamiest Chocolate Banana Smoothie
With a few tips & tricks youll have the best creamy chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie every time:
How To Make Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies
Before you make this smoothie, you need to peel and freeze the bananas. If you dont peel the bananas before freezing them, it will be frustrating trying to remove the peels after frozen!
When you are freezing the peeled bananas, place them in a freezer-safe bag. Try to get out as much of the air as possible and then seal the bag. Label with date and place into your freezer for up to 3 months. You do not need to chop the bananas unless you are worried about your blender handling a whole frozen banana.
When you are ready to make the smoothie, add the frozen bananas, milk, peanut butter, and honey to a blender. Blend for 30 seconds to one minute, or until all the ingredients are blended and smooth. Serve immediately. This smoothie can be enjoyed at any time of the day from breakfast to a refreshing after-dinner treat.
Make It Green And A Few Other Easy Swaps
- To give this peanut butter banana smoothie a veggie boost add 1-2 cups of spinach to your blender. I promise you wont be able to taste it!
- Allergic to peanuts? Feel free to sub any other nut or seed butter
- For a caffeine boost, try freezing leftover coffee or cold-brew in an ice cube tray and use those in place of regular ice cubes
- Get an extra dose of protein by adding a scoop of protein powder
- Add extra fruit! Love berries? Mango? Skys the limit! Just add in another cup of fresh or frozen fruit and a couple extra tablespoons of liquid.
- Make them popsicles! Add to ice pop molds and freeze for a summer smoothie ice pop!
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup almond milk *
- 12 tbsp peanut butter
- optional: 1 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
Read Also: How Do You Make A Smoothie In A Blender
Is There A Way To Pack More Nutrition Into This Smoothie
This recipe makes a simple peanut butter banana smoothie, but you can add whatever seeds or powders that youd like! For this one, I might add:
- Cinnamon. Add a little sweet spice with a touch of cinnamon
- Ground flax. Bump up the omega-3s of your smoothie. Flax has a slightly nutty flavor, so it goes great with the peanut butter.
- Spinach or kale. Dark leafy greens are packed with so many nutrientsget a little dose of vegetables in your smoothie by adding a handful of spinach!
Once you have a set of mix-ins that you like, you can freeze them as booster packs for future smoothies!
Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie The Ideal Healthy Snack Or Breakfast
When your mornings are rushed, but you know you need something healthy for your hungry tummy, this healthy peanut butter banana smoothie is the way to go.
Made with just 5 ingredients that you likely already have in your fridge and pantry, this quick breakfast or snack is a great healthy option when time is tight.
In this post Ill show you some healthier options to make this peanut butter banana smoothie a great choice for you and your kids!
Also Check: Best Blender To Crush Ice And Make Smoothies
Is It Better To Drink A Protein Shake Before Or After A Workout
Research has shown that protein helps your muscles to repair and rebuild after exercise. As a result, many people drink protein shakes after their workouts to assist this process.
However, new studies suggest that the amount of protein you consume per day is more important than when you consume it, for increasing muscle strength and size. For that reason, you can choose which time you prefer or is most convenient for you. Personally, I always have a protein shake after exercise, but thats just what works for me.
What Other Variations Of This Smoothie Can I Make
Other variations that you can consider trying include chocolate peanut butter smoothie or PB& J Smoothie.
TIP: If you dont mind turning your peanut butter banana smoothie into green color, you can add a handful of fresh spinach. It gives you even more nutrients without changing the flavor!
And, if you dont like peanut butter, you can try using sunflower seed butter or almond butter instead. Theyre also very healthy and tasty!
Don’t Miss: Banana Strawberry Smoothie Mcdonald’s
Tips For Making A Thicker Smoothie
Want a thicker smoothie? Here are some helpful tricks:
Ditch the ice! Sure, it will make your smoothie cold, but it will also turn it into a slushy after a few minutes.
Thats why its crucial to use frozen bananas, because it will make your smoothie cold without needing ice.
No ice and no frozen banana on hand? Xantham gum will do the trick!
Add 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum to the blender with the other ingredients and pulse away. Wait for several minutes, and youll start to see the smoothie thicken.
Our Favorite Nutritional Boosters
This easy chocolate peanut butter smoothie is great for adding your go-to nutritional boosters. Here are some of our favorites to add:
- Flaxseed meal: this is one of my favorite ingredients to add to smoothies for a little boost of fiber and minerals, and is especially great for nursing mamas as flaxseed can help increase milk supply. Usually, a tablespoon is plenty! Heres a brand I love.
- Hemp seeds: feel free to throw a tablespoon of hemp seeds into your smoothie for a boost of healthy fats, omegas and minerals.
- More veggies: you could also try adding some frozen cauliflower for an extra boost, or adding a handful of spinach or kale. Youll never be able to taste them!
- Protein: Easily add more protein to a smoothie by adding some greek yogurt or 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder. I recommend Vital Protein collagen peptides or Four Sigmatic Plant-Based Protein Powder.
Also Check: Is Smoothie King Gluten Free
Is It Better To Use Fresh Or Frozen Bananas
Frozen bananas work best in this recipe. They will make the smoothie creamy and thick, just the way you want it.
But if you only have fresh bananas, you can still make the recipe You’ll simply need to add a handful of ice to your blender.
Note: If you have a regular blender then you may end up with little bits of ice in your smoothie, which is why using frozen bananas works the best.
How To Make A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie:
This smoothie is so easy to make. Well, I guess all smoothies are but this one only has four ingredients, five if you add the ice.
Note: If your bananas are frozen, you wont need to add any ice. If you do, youll wind up needing to add in more milk just to keep moving in the blender. But even if you use room temperature bananas, you only need to add ice if your goal is to have a thick smoothie, otherwise it will be more on the thin side.
JUST BLEND! Anyway, like any smoothie, just toss all the ingredients into your blender and puree until its nice and smooth. Pour the smoothie into glasses, add a straw, and if youre feeling extra fancy you can heat up some peanut butter and drizzle a little on top. Relax and sip away!
Also Check: How To Make Banana Smoothie At Home
Pb And Banana Smoothie
A smoothie is the ultimate quick breakfast or snack in every season, and this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is one of our all-time favorites. There is more to our recipe than just peanut butter and banana though, because we wanted to make sure this smoothie was filling and nutritious. We snuck in a little healthy hidden veggie, along with some extra healthy fats to give you a boost of nutrition and fiber! Trust us, you are going to want to add this creamy smoothie to your morning routine! Its dairy-free and doesnt contain any added sugar at all!
The Best Tips And Tricks For Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Super creamy and tastes like peanut butter banana ice cream instead of a smoothie, this is going to become a staple in your breakfast rotation, or snack rotation!
- Bananas: This is the perfect way to use up those overripe bananas when you do not have time to make bread. Peel the bananas cut them in half, and place them in a freezer bag. Release as much air as possible out of the bag. I will freeze bunches at a time so I have frozen bananas at all times. We make a lot of smoothies! They will keep for up to 2 months.
- Peanut Butter: I like to use natural peanut butter that has fewer added sugars and oils. You can also use peanut butter powder if you are trying to cut calories and fat. Keep in mind the fat in peanut butter is good for you.
- Greek Yogurt: Creamy and tangy, Greek yogurt adds protein and rich thick consistency. If you need more sweetness, use vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt.
- Honey: Natures sweetener is perfect in this smoothie. You can use liquid stevia or agave as well.
- Milk: Feel free to use non-dairy milk if you desire
- Ice: Add ice to the blending if you want it even colder, you may want to reduce the milk if you do.
You May Like: Smoothie With Almond Milk And Yogurt
How To Thicken A Smoothie
I love a good smoothie that has a milkshake-like texture. Here are 3 tricks to make sure your smoothie turns out nice & thick:
You can also add ice to help thicken a smoothie, but keep in mind that the ice will dilute the flavor. This peanut butter banana smoothie is so delicious as written, you wont want to change the taste!
Ingredients For Easy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
You can make this easily from ingredients from your pantry. Enjoy this rich drink
- Frozen Bananas: This will bring the flavor and the chill.
- Peanut Butter: Use natural peanut butter for healthier nut butter.
- Honey: This natural sweetener is a classic for both peanut butter and bananas.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek Yogurt will add both proteins and create a thick rich consistency.
- Milk: To thin it out and be able to blend it all together.
Also Check: How To Make A Good Strawberry Smoothie
Tips And Tricks For The Creamiest Smoothie
- Add the liquids first adding the liquids to your smoothie first will help everything to blend more evenly which will give you a smoother and creamier smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit frozen fruit helps to keep the smoothie creamy and cold without the use of any ice.
- Ditch the ice speaking of ice, the pitfall of a lot of smoothies is the use of ice. Ice waters down the smoothie, changes the consistency from creamy to icy, and just does not give you that delicious smooth texture that everyone loves.
How To Rim Glass In Peanut Butter
Just in case you are wondering how I got the fun peanut butter ring around the glass, which is totally optional by the way, I just melted some peanut butter and then dipped the glass in it. Then flip the glass over and it will spill down the edges. Its messy and completely unnecessary, but super fun.
Recommended Reading: Blackberry Smoothie For Weight Loss
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Deliciously creamy chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie that seriously tastes like a Wendys frosty! This healthy chocolate banana smoothie recipe is made with just five ingredients and is easy to customize with your favorite nutritional boosters. The perfect breakfast, snack or even dessert!
If you grew up dipping crispy french fries into your cold, creamy Wendys frosty, wow do I have a surprise for you. This epic chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie literally tastes JUST like a frosty but is naturally sweetened with fruit and made with five simple ingredients.
I made this during our fun 7-day smoothie challenge and am so excited to be sharing it now! Enjoy this chocolatey goodness for breakfast, a filling snack or even a healthy dessert any day of the week. French fries optional but recommended.
Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Banana
This smoothie is packed full of rich, creamy chocolate peanut butter banana flavor. The best part though? Its healthy! Well healthier than other versions at least. The banana and peanut butter are great sources of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. And the yogurt and milk are both good sources of protein.
I used a big scoop of ice, some vanilla yogurt, milk, cocoa powder, frozen banana, and rehydrated powdered peanut butter. Who doesnt love a chocolate and peanut butter combo?!
My toddler kept calling it a chocolate milkshake. Hes kind of right, it tasted exactly like one, but a whole lot healthier! I hope youll give this smoothie a try- its rich, creamy and absolutely delicious.
Recommended Reading: Low Carb Low Sugar Smoothies
Ingredients In This Peanut Butter Smoothie
You could also call this a peanut butter banana smoothie. And right there, the name tells you most of the ingredients! This healthy smoothie is so easy, you might have all the ingredients already on hand. Heres what you need:
- Peanut butter: Naturally! Look for an all natural peanut butter without added sugar or oil, if you can.
- Ripe bananas: All you need are 2 ripe, room temperature bananas! Many smoothie recipes call for frozen bananas, but that requires advanced planning. We never remember to put bananas in the freezer, so we customize our smoothie recipes to use room temperature.
- Milk: The milk helps it blend and melds into the creamy texture. You can use dairy milk or non-dairy .
- Ice: Ice completes the frothy texture!
What Peanut Butter Can I Use In A Smoothie
Adding peanut butter to a smoothie is a great way to add flavor and good fats to your protein shake or smoothie.
When buying peanut butter, there are a few things to consider to make sure you are getting a quality, nutritious nut butter. Make sure to look for the following:
- The less ingredients the better! Ideally, a good quality nut butter should just have nuts and salt. The Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter pictured above has only peanuts and salt.
- Be warry of nut butters with added oils. Many popular peanut butter brands contain a significant amount of added oils from soybean oil, palm oil or vegetable oils. All of these oils are highly inflammatory in your body and are NOT good for you.
- Look for a nut butter WITHOUT added sugar. Check the nutrition label under sugars. If it lists added sugars, its likely not a great choice. Check the ingredient list if it contains ingredients like high fructose corn syrup, its not a good option. If you like a sweeter peanut butter, honey is a better option, however it will increase the calorie content.
Some other good choices for peanut butter that I like and use are the Kirkland Mixed Nut and Seed Butter, found at Costco. Check out my post for all of my favorite Costco Foods for Healthy Meals and Snacks.
Also Check: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Employee Benefits
Health Benefits: Is Peanut Butter And Banana Good For You
Absolutely YES! Peanut butter and banana are an awesome combination.
Not only do they possess flavors that complement each other, but they also offer some great health benefits.
For starters, peanut butter is about 25% healthy protein, which might tell the reason why bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts include it in their diet!
Its a great source of protein that is essential for repairing and building muscles. Furthermore, its a good source of other nutrients like vitamin E, magnesium as well as antioxidants and monosaturated fats.
Bananas, on the other hand, are a great source of fiber. Eating bananas will make you feel full but without consuming that many calories.
Needless to say, bananas not only help in lowing the risk of heart diseases and blood pressure, but theyre a great source of potassium, which is essential for kidney function.
Fun Fact: Peanut butter banana smoothies make such a great healthy breakfast or post-workout snack, you get extra fiber and protein but with fewer calories!
Nutritional Value : Calories: 350, Fat: 18g, Carbohydrates: 42g, Fiber: 7.5g, Protein: 12g
And that is it, you can now enjoy your healthy, delicious peanut butter banana smoothie!
Id heartily appreciate it if you share your thoughts about this smoothie in the comment section below so we can all benefit from the experience!