How To Easily Blend Your Smoothie
Add your almond milk and strawberries to a blender and pulse in 30-second increments until smooth. If you prefer a chunkier drink, you can lightly pulse leaving bits of berry in the drink. We usually use unsweetened almond milk for this and add a bit of raw honey if it isn’t sweet enough after blended. The fresh strawberries should offer plenty of sweetness.
Strawberry Oat Milk Smoothie Recipe
Today, I want to share a new favorite non-dairy recipe with you. This time of year, as things start heating up, I really enjoy a cool beverage. I created this Strawberry Oatmilk Smoothie as the perfect way to enjoy a healthy afternoon treat. It is cooling and appealing on a hot afternoon and full of nutritious fresh strawberries. It also includes Planet Oat Original Oatmilk for protein and for its creamy texture. This vegan smoothie is so versatile that it can be enjoyed as a healthy start to your day or something great for an afternoon snack or even after a workout. This oat milk smoothie is so delicious that it will appeal to your entire family!
This post is sponsored by The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association . All opinions are my own. For more inspiration during #JuneDairyMonth, be sure to check out delicious ideas from NFRA at EasyHomeMeals.com #JDM2021
Can I Use A Different Kind Of Milk
Smoothies are so versatile! You can make them using just about any milk or liquid base. My favorite option is to use Coconut Milk for Strawberry Smoothies, which adds a slight tropical taste and is a great dairy-free option if you have allergies or other health concerns.
Other liquid options include:
- Regular Milk: Creamy traditional smoothie base
- Nut Milks: Almond, Cashew, etc add a nice nutty flavor and are a great dairy-free option
- Fruit Juice: An extra punch of sweetness without needing to add sugar
- Water: If you are counting those calories!
Recommended Reading: Healthy Smoothie Recipes Without Banana
How To Make An Avocado Smoothie With Almond Milk
Are you ready?
Take your frozen strawberries, your milk of choice, your peeled and pitted avocado, and your sweetener, and drop them into your blender. And blend.
BAM! So easy, right?
Now youll be able to have a keto smoothie every day if you want, and know that youre eating wholesome, yummy foods. In just minutes. Go enjoy your strawberry avocado smoothie but remember that this avocado smoothie recipe is so versatile that you can always try with other low carb fruits, too!
Recommended Reading: Nutritional Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
Strawberry Almond Milk Smoothie
If you are avoiding both grains and dairy, breakfast can turn into a real challenge! Smoothies are a great alternative to a full breakfast and this one only requires two ingredients! Nut milk and strawberries! It’s easy to customize this healthy strawberry smoothie with different add-ins, depending on your mood and pantry.
If you are also trying to avoid refined sugars, this is a great recipe for a yummy almond milk drink that uses natural sweetener to boost flavor. Or you might love this coconut mango tropical smoothie.
Also Check: High Protein Coffee Smoothie King
The Freshest Strawberry Coconut Milk Smoothie Recipe
This strawberry coconut milk smoothie recipe will make you regret not knowing about it sooner! With an incredible flavour, it will be a hit at any summer party!
I am very excited that you have found this strawberry coconut milk smoothie recipe! Its definitely one of my favourite smoothies, and you are about to find out why!
Fair warning you may find this coconut milk strawberry smoothie super-addictive! So make sure you double-up on the ingredients before you make it!
Now, lets get to it!
Blender Notes And Recommendations
- I recently purchased a new high-powered blender and absolutely love it .
- You do not need a high-dollar blender to make this strawberry blueberry smoothie. If you use a high powered blender , your smoothie will have a finer, more even consistency, but you can certainly make this recipe in a regular blender too. If your smoothie is too thick to blend, add more almond milk .
- I owned this more economical option for a while. While it doesnt get things as smooth as quickly as a high-powered blender or come with the same bells and whistles, its a good option for the price.
- I sip my smoothies through these stainless steel straws. They make everything you drink through them from smoothies, to iced tea or iced coffee, to even water taste extra refreshing. I also keep a few in my purse for when Im out and about, so I dont need to ask for a plastic or paper straw.
Recommended Reading: Paleo Smoothies For Weight Loss
Should I Put Yogurt In My Smoothie
A lot of smoothie shops and restaurants use ice cream to create that signature flavor and texture.
Kim and I drink a lot of smoothies and the idea of eating that much ice cream on a regular basis would do a number on our health.
So, we started using yogurts and frozen fruit to re-create the same texture without all the added sugar and fat.
In closing, if the choice comes down to yogurt or ice cream, then yes, you should put yogurt in your smoothies.
Other Features Of This Vitamix Blender
Are you looking for THE WAY TO YOUR FOODIES HEART? Or do you know One HOT COOKING MAMA who wants more time out of the kitchen? Looking for a WEDDING GIFT?
Consider getting THEM A VITAMIX BLENDER. Short, and Sweet it does it ALL.
Ive had the blended several weeks now and blended something daily. How do I know, not having it for very long? Two of my daughters have them too. Ive used them at their houses too, and its always been on my MUST HAVE SMALL KITCHEN APPLIANCE LIST. Oh, Big Papa throw your hands in the air if you are a true blender.
Im naming my VITAMIX. Dont you name your appliances?
Need I say more.? Clears throatYES! Oh, mamas, it can make baby food! My daughter loved to blend baby food, and then freeze them in ice cube trays. When frozen date your freezer bag, and pop them in, seal and freeze. Take out to use as needed. What a time saver for new moms, right?! Grab a few friends, and go in on a Vitamix for a baby shower gift.
- Yes, I might be slightly excited about this blender but, wouldnt you be if you got one as a gift?
FOODIES, MOMS, DADS will love this too! Its a MUST HAVE APPLIANCE for your KITCHEN.
- Its going to speed things up in the kitchen. Dear Vitamix, YOU COMPLETE ME. xo Theresa. Somebody might be in the dog house for not getting me one sooner. Sorry, Charlie.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Box Office
Wanna Help Grow The Beaming Baker Community
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Bakerand just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. ð§¡ If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- ð Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works bestand keeps us going in the right direction.
- ð¸ Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at . It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- ð Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you cant help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. ð It truly helps to grow the BB community. âï¸
Why Use Almond Milk In Smoothies
Almond milk is a dairy free, plant based milk thats made with almonds and water. Its great for using in smoothies because its a dairy free milk that helps to achieve a creamy texture. Here are a few notes about using almond milk in smoothies:
- Can you taste almond milk in smoothies? Not really! Most almond milk has a very neutral flavor, so its virtually imperceptible in a smoothie.
- Does almond milk make smoothies thicker? No. Almond milk is a good liquid that helps smoothies blend, but its texture is closer to water than milk. By itself, it does not lend creaminess to a smoothie. But in concert with other ingredients, it helps to form just the right smoothie texture.
Also Check: How To Make A Fruit Smoothie Without Yogurt
Read Also: What Smoothie Is Good For Belly Fat
Storing And Freezing The Smoothie
- To store: Smoothies are best enjoyed within 1-2 hours of making them. However, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Be sure to mix it very well before enjoying it.
- To freeze: Pour the smoothie into an ice cube tray or ziplock bags, and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. When ready to enjoy, simply reblend until smooth and creamy.
How Do You Make A Smoothie Thicker
The key to a thick smoothie is to use frozen fruit and a high powered blender . Were already using frozen strawberries, but feel free to also pre-freeze your banana and use that.
If your smoothie still isnt thick enough try adding in more frozen fruit, a scoop of Greek yogurt, protein powder, and/or rolled oats.
Recommended Reading: Strawberry Smoothie Recipe No Yogurt
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe
- High-Powered Blender. If you like to make smoothies a lot, a high-powered blender is well worth the investment
- Stainless Steel Straws. Make everything you drink through them, from smoothies to iced coffee, taste extra cool and refreshing.
- Fun Glassware. Pouring a smoothie into a fun glass makes me feel like Im sipping away my worries on some far-off beachy vacation.
Do You Add Sweetener To A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I never need it. That is one of the things I love about this smoothie. The banana is enough to make sure everything is sweet and creamy. And usually the strawberries bring some sweetness too.
Many smoothie shops and fast food places add sugar to their smoothies. While I am not opposed to sugar I do not prefer to add it to things when it is not necessary.
You can always taste is first while it is still in the blender. If you want more sweetness, feel free to add some honey, agave, or sweetener of choice and blend for a few more seconds to combine.
Also Check: Banana Blueberry Smoothie With Almond Milk
How Do You Make A Strawberry Smoothie
While its hard to go wrong putting yummy things in a blender, there is an order to the process that works well. I recommend starting with the liquid on the bottom, to help with pureeing, and layering the other ingredients in order from soft to firm. See more tips on How to Make a Smoothie here!
Tips To Make The Best Almond Milk Smoothie
- If you prefer thick smoothies, do not over blend the ice.
- For a low carb smoothie, swap out the banana for frozen pumpkin or avocado chunks. You will need to add 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite sweetener to compensate .
- Feel free to add 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder to add a protein boost. Unless you want to change up the flavor, Id stick to an unflavored protein powder.
- If youd like a sweeter smoothie, you can add some honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar.
Read Also: Best Blender For Fruit And Veggie Smoothies
Also Check: How Much Yogurt And Milk In Smoothie
Why We Love This Recipe
This smoothie is also adaptable and easy to adjust with different ingredients. You can replace the strawberries with another frozen berry , throw in a handful of spinach, add a banana, or use orange juice instead of milk. The smoothie of possibilities!
You all know how I love smoothies. And Im usually throwing all sorts of weird things into smoothies in the name of health, like beets or spinach or cauliflower. But sometimes the simplest flavors are also great, so today were whipping up a simple Strawberry Smoothie recipe!
RELATED: you might also like this recipe Strawberry Shortcake
Its A Coconut Milkshake With A Twist
Do you love coconut shakes?! Well this is like a coconut shake, but with a bit of a twist it also has strawberries in it! That strawberry flavour adds quite a lot to this, so its not quite so strong a coconut flavour. Combined with the yogurt, this turns it into a strawberry coconut smoothie that you will want to keep coming back to.
Fruit smoothies with coconut milk are amazing. The same can be said for coconut yogurt. If you like this recipe or like the sound of it, I would really recommend trying out this keto strawberry coconut milk smoothie, or, if you are needing some protein too, this strawberry protein shake with coconut milk. Stepping away from strawberries, for other coconut yogurt or coconut milk fruit smoothies, check out this healthy mango watermelon smoothie for weight loss, this strawberry mango smoothie recipe, and this mango and coconut smoothie recipe!
Read Also: Which Vitamix Blender Is Best For Smoothies
Is It A Smoothie Or A Milkshake
Some people are confused and think that smoothie and milkshake are one and the same. Not surprising since they are both blended beverages could have the same components like fruits and dairy products. The difference lies in the base.
Smoothies are typically made using fruit or vegetable. Milk and yogurt can be added and sometimes grains and nuts. They can be a meal on their own as they can be quite filling and contain essential nutrients.
Milkshakes, on the other hand, has more dairy product like milk or ice cream. You can add fresh fruits for flavor but most of the time fruit syrups are used. It is really more of a beverage that you have with a meal. It is also normally served with whipped cream on top.
Liked This Recipe Please Consider Buying Me A Smoothie
It takes a great deal of effort to test and put out these recipes and there are no ads on this site to help support it.It would be great if you would consider buying me a smoothie or tipping what you can to help keep the site running, and to help me test and post new smoothie and juice recipes!Thank you!
Recommended Reading: What Do You Put In A Fruit Smoothie
How To Make A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 57 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.The wikiHow Culinary Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 760,111 times.
Strawberry smoothies are healthy, delicious, and refreshing and best of all, theyre easy to make! With just 4 ingredients and a blender, youll have a nice cold treat thats sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Tips To Make The Best Homemade Strawberry Milk
- This milk is pleasantly sweet. If you plan to use the strawberry milk in smoothies or other recipes, you can halve the amount of syrup you add to the milk. Do not reduce the sweetener amount, or else youll it hard for it to form a syrup.
- You must sieve the syrup before adding it to the milk, or else there will be clumps of strawberries throughout.
- For the ultimate drink, replace the coconut milk in this strawberry smoothie with the strawberry milk.
Also Check: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Springfield Mo
How To Pick The Best Strawberries
Look for local berries that are vine-ripened if possible. Late Spring and early Summer are usually the best times to locate local berry farms you can pick fresh strawberries for your personal use. Check into the you pick days for discounts and bring the kids along to help you grab the most berries. Not only can you clean and use immediately, but strawberries also preserve wonderfully when frozen, or made into pies, jams, and jellies.
How To Freeze Bananas Quickly
Buy a big bunch of bananas and let them turn nicely ripe. Aim for nicely yellow bananas, perhaps with a few spotsnot full-blown spotty brown like you would for banana bread.
Peel and slice the bananas into 1/2-inch segments. Flash-freeze them by placing the slices in a single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheets that will fit in your freezer). This is also a great way to freeze your bananas in a hurry.
Once fully frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag and they will keep in the freezer for several months.
Recommended Reading: What Are The Basic Ingredients For A Smoothie