In This Green Smoothie Diet Article You Will Find:
- What is a Green Smoothie?
- Green Smoothie Benefits
- How to make a Green Smoothie
- The 10 Best Green Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss
- 2 Free Green Smoothie Diet Plans
- More information on Green Smoothies and Green Smoothie diets
Find all the information you will need to start a green smoothie diet below
The Most Delicious And Easy Green Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies are such a great healthy way to start the day. They are usually packed with fiber from fruit and can also be an easy way to get in more healthy fats and greens into your diet. They are an especially delicious option for a quick on the go breakfast when you are short on time but still want to fill your body with nutritious goodness.
This easy green smoothie is my go-to green smoothie recipe. It is packed with healthy fat from avocado and has plenty of fresh spinach. The blend of tropical fruits and fresh ginger takes this smoothie to the next level. It is an absolutely delicious and nourishing drink that you will crave.
How To Make A Green Smoothie Taste Good
The question everyone asks when it comes to green smoothiesCan you taste the greens?
When youre making a green smoothie, you want to be careful with how much veggies you add to it. If you add in too much spinach or kale, you may end up with a smoothie that tastes likewell, spinach or kale!
I generally add about a handful of spinach or kale to my green smoothies, which I find is the perfect amount. Another trick to making a green smoothie taste good is to use tropical fruits like mango or pineapple!
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Healthy Morning Smoothie
Crisp Mango Cucumber Green Smoothie
This is really tasty fruit smoothie thats got a light creamy texture and great flavor. It contains lots of antioxidants and other beneficial nutrients.
This green smoothie weight loss recipe will help boost metabolism and reduce bloat!
Mangoes contain soluble fiber and a wide range of antioxidants, as well as high amounts of vitamin A and vitamin C .
Related Resources You Will Love
Here are all the most popular resources that will help you take things to the next level:
My Transformational Health & Weight Loss Journey
Drop A Dress Size With Green Thickies This Week
Check out my sister websites:
Important: The information contained in this website is for information only. The views provided are of the opinion of the author who does not hold any responsibility for any results or effects of the advice given. GP confirmation is recommended before making any changes that could affect your health. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. GreenTHICKIES is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.ca, and amazon.co.uk.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Click the links to download the following documents.
You May Like: What Is The Healthiest Smoothie At Smoothie King
Best Green Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
Even though this green smoothie looks incredibly healthy , what I love most about it is its creamy texture and sweet, fresh flavor. Heres what makes it so darn good:
- Frozen banana makes it thick and creamy. Plus, it adds a little sweetness and plenty of potassium.
- Lots of spinach gives this smoothie its vibrant color and a host of nutrients. Dont worry you cant taste it!
- Fresh mint gives it a light, fresh flavor.
- Almond butter makes it creamy, satisfying, and rich with healthy fats.
- Vanilla extract adds yummy depth of flavor.
- Ice cubes make it cool and refreshing.
- And almond milk gets the blender going and perfects the creamy texture. If you dont have almond milk on hand, another plant-based milk like oat milk, soy milk, or coconut milk would be great here too.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
This green smoothie recipe makes 2 servings. Share it for breakfast if your significant other loves smoothies as much as mine does!
Use A Vitamix Blender
If youve been around my blog for a while then you know that I exclusively blend with a Vitamix ! So its not surprising that I will tell you that the best way to achieve silky smooth green smoothies is to use a Vitamix blender!
I bought my first Vitamix because I was sick of chewing my green smoothies ?! I wanted a blender that would pulverize anything and everything I put into my smoothies and the Vitamix was the answer. If you dont have a Vitamix yet I highly recommend getting one ASAP!
You May Like: Kimberly Snyder Glowing Green Smoothie
Free Green Smoothie Online Class
Green Smoothie Detox.drop a whole dress size in one montheat on the go natural ingredientssimple and quick to makedelicious
Vegetable-based smoothies can taste good too and packed with extra micronutrients and foods perfect for an axillary to fight against weight gain.
My preference is to make meal replacement green smoothies that contain fruit, vegetables and other ingredients which will provide you with complete nutrition.
The delightful green smoothie Ill be sharing with you today combines tasty ingredients scientifically proven to aid in weight loss.
In the video below I share with you how green smoothies helped me lose 5 dress sizes after having a baby.
Adding Extra Nutrition To Green Smoothies
You can enhance any green smoothie by adding additional nutritious ingredients to really make it your own. Dont be afraid to experiment a little! Here are a few suggestions that you can add to this green smoothie:
- Matcha: if youre a green tea lover, you can add a teaspoon of matcha to your smoothie for green color, antioxidants and earthy flavor.
- Flaxseed meal: this is one of my favorite ingredients to add to smoothies for a little boost of fiber and minerals, and is especially great for nursing mamas as flaxseed can help increase milk supply. Usually a tablespoon is plenty! Heres a brand I love.
- Chia seeds: feel free to add in a tablespoon of chia seeds to your smoothie for a boost of healthy fats and fiber.
- Hemp seeds: if youve been wondering what to do with those hemp seeds lurking in your cupboard, feel free to throw in a tablespoon into your smoothie for a boost of healthy fats, omegas and minerals.
- Protein: make this a post-workout smoothie and boost the protein by adding 1/2 cup greek yogurt or 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder. I recommend Vital Protein collagen peptides or Bobs Red Mill Plant Based Vanilla Protein Powder.
- Mint: do you love minty flavor? Add a few fresh mint leaves!
You May Like: Smoothie Box Vs Daily Harvest
The Best Breakfast Smoothie Recipes For Energy
Robyn Openshaw – Mar 11, 2019 – This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Too often, people looking for morning pep turn to one thing and one thing onlycoffee. If this is you, too, youre in good company: in a report on national coffee trends by Zagat, 82% of respondents said they drink it daily, with the average consumption at a little more than two cups.
This habit can backfire on your health. Besides coffee being one of the most heavily-sprayed crops on the planet, it doesnt actually give you energy instead, the caffeine in it works by clogging up your tiredness receptors and not allowing your brain to recognize your need for rest.
And because caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant, regular use over time can cause stress hormone imbalances, heart problems, indigestion, palpitations, insomnia, and more.1
In this post:
The bottom line: caffeine use yields a net negative, in your energy, and so if you use it, you should drink organic only, use it only a couple of times a week, and always by 2 pm.
If youre relying on multiple cups of coffee or other caffeinated energy drinks to get you through the day, its time to find another way to perk up and stay alert: eating highly nutritious foods containing nutrients that support the bodys natural energy production, including ATP production in the cells.
Apple Pie Green Smoothie
This is a really healthy vegetable smoothie recipe that has a very unique taste thanks to the apple pie spices and vanilla. Its one of my favorites to make in the Fall to remind me of apple pie.
Apples are high in fiber, vitamin C and various antioxidants. They are also very filling, with a relatively low calorie content. Studies show that eating apples can have a lot of health benefits .
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Fruit Smoothie With Ice
Oats For Weight Loss: The Science
Oats have several elements that experts propose will benefit a persons health.
One, in particular, is the soluble fiber, beta-glucan. Research shows it suppresses appetite and slows digestion.
Beta-glucan can bound with cholesterol-rich bile acids found in the intestine and eventually transport them out of the body through the digestive tract.
Researchers consider cereal fibers like that of oat bran more effective than veggie and fruit fiber.
Also, the reports show that beta-glucan increases the diversity of gut microbiota, which when healthy and balanced, ensures adequate digestive functioning.
When you are buying oats, I recommend you get gluten-free oats. Oats dont naturally contain gluten but they are often contaminated with gluten from other grains which can be very disruptive to your health. I like to buy my gluten-free oats in bulk as it works out so much cheaper.
Can You Taste The Spinach
No! One of the most common questions I always receive about green smoothies is whether or not you can actually taste the greens. Everyones tastebuds are completely different but I wholeheartedly do not think you can taste the spinach in this smoothie. The delicious flavor of the fruit completely overpowers any spinach taste.
Read Also: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Summerville Sc
Other Vegetables You Can Add To Your Smoothies:
- Leafy greens of your choice: kale
- Cauliflower adds bulk and fiber
- Zucchini adds fiber
If NOT Whole30, paleo & dairy is okay:
- Plain yogurt, Greek yogurt or vanilla yogurt add to the freezer for 20 minutes and it tastes just like ice cream
- Peanut butter, almond butter or sunflower seed butter for extra added protein
- Gluten free oats for extra staying power
Make smoothie bowls and add your favorite toppings.
Expert Breakfast Smoothie Tips
- Use frozen banana or frozen mango, or both for this smoothie. Having at least one type of frozen fruit will help the smoothie blend up into a thick and creamy smoothie. If you use all fresh fruit, the smoothie will have a thin texture.
- If you prefer a sweeter smoothie, use a riper banana. If you prefer a less sweet smoothie, use a less ripe banana.
- Always add liquids to your blender first, followed by seeds, then greens, then the fruit on top. This will allow the blender to blend more easily.
Read Also: Keto Smoothie Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Use Frozen Fruit & Greens
This green smoothie recipe calls for 1 cup of frozen fruit in addition to one frozen banana. Using frozen fruit and greens is key to the thickest, creamiest green smoothies. You’ll notice I do not use ice in any of my smoothie recipes, because it waters down the flavor and gives smoothies an icy texture – which I am not a fan of.
I recommend stocking up on frozen fruit in the winter when produce isn’t readily available. During the summer, purchase seasonal produce on sale and flash freeze it in the same way as the bananas!
Best Green Smoothie Add
I started putting add-ins into my green smoothie recipes when my third baby was born. A few scoops of nutritional boosters gave me increased energy throughout the day and made the green smoothies taste even better! So here are some of my suggestions!
- Protein Powder – this is my favorite plant-based, whey-free protein powder in vanilla and chocolate.
- Collagen Powder – a neutral tasting protein boost! Also good for gut health!
- Maca -for increased fertility and hormone balance.
- Amazing Grass Green Superfood– great way to add even more greens!
Read Also: How Much Does It Cost To Own A Smoothie King
Grown Up Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie
This is another really good recipe if youre just starting out with green smoothies.
The flavor is divine, and you can hardly taste any of the spinach, since smoothie with spinach tend to be milder tasting. You mostly just taste the banana and strawberry flavors with a hint of vanilla. Fruit smoothies recipes generally taste mostly like fruit, and this is one of the best green smoothie recipes I know.
Bananas are extremely healthy and delicious. They provide several essential nutrients, and have benefits for digestion, heart health and weight loss .
Make Smoothies Ahead For The Perfect Fast Food
We know life can get crazy busy especially in the morning. Thats why we think green smoothies are the healthiest fast food for people who are constantly on the go.
You can blend your green smoothie the night before and store it in your fridge . Use an airtight lid to limit oxidation and keep it as fresh as possible. When ready to drink, give it a good shake before you open.
If you follow these five green smoothie tips, we pinky promise your green smoothies will be love at first sip! Now, heres a favorite recipe we make for friends and family whove never tried a green smoothie before
Also Check: Berry Smoothie Recipe With Milk
The 17 Best Leafy Greens For Green Smoothies
Your mom was right when she told you to eat your veggies. Leafy green vegetables like kale and spinach are low in calories and rich in vitamins and minerals. Theyre among the healthiest foods you could eat and may help protect you from developing serious illnesses.
An easy way to incorporate more greens into your diet is by making green smoothies.
In this article, Im going to show you the best leafy greens for smoothies. But before we jump to my list of the best green vegetables, a few words on green smoothies first.
The Best Green Smoothie Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
We love green smoothie recipes because you can drink your breakfast smoothie and get a serving of greens all at the same time!
Dont be intimidated by the color, I promise there are many green smoothie recipes out there that hide the bitter taste of power greens but that gives you all of the benefits at the same time.
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie At Home
Green Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
What I really love though is that this is SUPER EASY to make too!! Throw a few things in the blender and youre pretty much done. And in the morning this is PERFECT as I do not have the energy yet for anything complicated, ha!
Ive also included a section below of how you can customize this to your liking with all kinds of suggestions for greens and fruits. I didnt like them but that doesnt mean that you wont! ENJOY!!
Are Breakfast Smoothies Good For Weight Loss
- Filling breakfast smoothies that are high in protein and low in calories can be good for weight loss. Choosing hearty breakfast smoothies will help make sure you arent starving by mid-morning.
- See the Healthy Breakfast Smoothies for Weight Loss category below for recipe ideas.
Note: The above is a general guideline. For more information or specific recommendations for your own diet, please contact a nutritionist or your doctor.
Don’t Miss: Whats A Good Smoothie For Weight Loss
How To Lose Weight With Smoothies
The most important thing to remember when incorporating smoothies into your diet is that they are not a supernatural elixir that will marvelously make pounds of fat disappear.
FREESMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
You also want to make sure you get adequate exercise.
The golden theme of effective weight loss is to burn more calories than you consume. Im sure youve heard this before.
An excellent way to do this is to do a significant amount of moderate exercise while having a diet with smoothies.
Its simple, but its not easy unless youve got all the facts.
If you want to be sure you are eating the exact number of calories to lose weight, check out my weight loss calculator by clicking here.
Of course, you also want to include things like proper sleep and eating meals with whole foods. If you want to know why its not good to have a diet with nothing but smoothies, read this post.
You can drink smoothies for breakfast or as a meal replacement for lunch or dinner.
The ingredients in smoothies can help you feel fuller longer and prevent you from binge eating or snacking in between meals. They are also nutrient dense.
Recommended Tools For Making Smoothies
- Blender. I more recently purchased this high-powered blender, and it makes everything very smooth and creamy. This more economical blender optionis also great, though you may need to add more liquid or add the frozen fruit more slowly.
- Stainless Steel Straws. These stainless steel strawsmake everything you drink through them taste so refreshing. I try to keep some in my purse, so I dont need to ask for a plastic or paper straw when Im out. Theyre great for taking smoothies to go as well.
- Opaque Cup. A great way to make green-colored breakfast smoothies for kids.
Now, lets get to those healthy breakfast smoothies!
You May Like: Best Ninja Blender For Smoothies