The Best Blender For Smoothies
You do NOT need a fancy schmancy blender to make a good smoothie! I used something similar to THIS $37 blender for years before finally upgrading to my Vitamix. I believe that the best blender for smoothies is the one that you have.
All of that being said, if you find yourself making a lot of smoothies and using your blender on a regular basis then I definitely recommend an upgrade. I have used THIS Vitamix for the past 6 years and absolutely love it. I anticipate it lasting me for a very long time which makes the investment totally worth it!
Here are my blender recommendations from amazon based on your budget:
Are You Looking For Even More Smoothies No Worries Weve Got You Covered:
- Clementine Avocado Smoothie. If youve never added avocado to your smoothie before, you are missing out! The flavor is so mild, that you cant taste it, but the texture is dreamy, creamy smooth, and the healthy added fats help keep your fuller longer.
- Cold Buster Smoothie. When youre feeling under the weather and your throat is sore, this smoothie for colds is soothing and nourishing.
- Coffee Smoothie. Get a jolt of caffeine and your breakfast all in one cup! This is packed full of coffee flavor.
- Persimmon Smoothie. Packed full of autumnal flavor, this spiced smoothie is creamy and sweet!
- Spinach and Pear Smoothie. Bright green and fresh in flavor, this smoothie is a perfect light breakfast.
- Sweet Potato Smoothie. Sweet potato in a smoothie? YUP! It tastes like a delicious pie. Youll love it!
- Apple Smoothie. This smoothie is packed full of healthy spinach, but tastes like apple pie!
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. This pumpkin smoothie is perfect for the weather is still warm but your heart wants fall to show up.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie. This smoothie is rich and dark, and it tastes decadent enough you could sip on it for dessert!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie. All the flavors of your favorite sandwich in a tasty smoothie! Pick your favorite jelly to add to this peanut butter smoothie.
- Tart Cherry and Spinach Smoothies. We show serving this cherry smoothie as a light breakfast in a bowl, but you could easily pour it in a glass and sip away!
List Of Healthy Superfoods:
- Kale insanely low in calories, powerful anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, and helpful for arthritis and autoimmune diseases
- Spinach the beauty of spinach lies in how easy it is to disguise the taste. Its mild tasting yet packed with vitamins, has anti-cancerous properties, and is one of the healthiest foods on the planet
- Blueberries – one of the highest antioxidant capacities of all fruit which helps to combat free radicals in your body
- Strawberries – just one serving provides more vitamin c than an orange while being low in natural sugars
- Greek Yogurt – double the protein and half the carbs as regular yogurt
- Cucumber since its 95% water, its an incredible detoxifier and helps with liver and kidney function
- Lemon one of the most important items to stock in your kitchen as its a highly effective cleansing agent and cuts through the bitterness of greens
- Banana an essential in smoothies as it adds creaminess, a touch of sweetness, and helps you feel full longer plus, its rich in potassium and fiber and gives you natural energy
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- Ginger – aids in digestion and supports the immune system
- Chia + Flaxseeds – rich is Omega-3 and fiber benefits
If you are looking to add fruit and vegetable JUICE recipes to your diet as well, .
For extra detoxification benefits, a lemon turmeric flush first thing in the morning will do the trick. This isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s super simple.
You May Like: Smoothie King Gladiator Protein Powder For Sale
Best Blender For Smoothies
First things first, lets talk about the blender situation. I know there are hundreds of blenders on the market and it can be very daunting to find the right one for you. One thing I have learned with the handful of blenders that Ive owned is that quality matters. Usually, quality and price coincide and its totally true.
Ive found that the more expensive and higher quality blender I have, the more success I have with what I am makingespecially smoothies. The most recent and BEST blender I have ever had is a Vitamix.
We have the Vitamix 5200and it runs you about $430 on Amazon. I do not have a single bad thing to say about this beast. Its super powerful, easy to clean, and it makes making smoothies along with other things a breeze. I can tell you right now that this is the best blender I have ever owned and theres no turning back.
Healthy Smoothie Recipes By Ingredient
If youre looking for healthy, simple smoothie recipes chalk full of good nutrition, youve come to the right place. Below youll find all the healthy smoothie ingredients used in at least one, but usually many more, healthy smoothie recipes found on Healthy Smoothie HQ. Simply click on an ingredient to drill down to the recipes its featured in.
With over 200 healthy smoothie recipes and counting, I want to make sure you find what youre looking for. You can also use the search box in the upper right hand corner to locate a smoothie, or hover over the Recipes menu item to peruse nutritional smoothies by category.
Aim for local, organic ingredients whenever possible for optimal nutrition and taste. Happy Blending!
Green Leafy Vegetables
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Interactive Seating Chart
Add In Ideas To Make Your Smoothie Even Healthier
- Chia Seeds High in protein, antioxidants, omega-3, fiber, magnesium and potassium.
- Hemp Hearts High in protein, omega-3 and 6
- Flax Meal High in fiber, omega-3 and lignans
- Oats High in soluble fiber, iron, antioxidants. Also great for lowering cholesterol and low in fat.
- Almonds High in antioxidants and vitamin E. Can help lower harmful cholesterol.
- Spiralina Powder High in vitamin A and a natural source of chlorophyll.
- Matcha High in EGCG which is thought to promote heart health, brain health and weight loss. Also calms the mind and relaxes the body, among many other things.
- Turmeric High in anti-inflammatory properties. Also, increases antioxidant capacity of your body. Can be used fresh or in powder form.
- Ginger High in anti-inflammatory properties. Aids with nausea and upset stomach. Can be used fresh or in powder form.
Green And Red Powders
You can also find greens powders, reds powders, and powders that contain a little of both. Greens powders simply include a variety of vegetables, particularly those that are good for your health, like the dark leafy greens.
Red powders tend to rely on fruit instead, focusing on fruits that are high in antioxidants, like berries. Beetroot is sometimes included as well, partly because it has the same color as berries, but also because beetroot contains desirable nutrients.
Powders like these are perfect as a concentrated source of nutrients.
After all, its much easier to add a scoop or two of green powder into your smoothie than a couple of handfuls of spinach. For that matter, many powders incorporate more fruits and vegetables than you could ever fit into a single smoothie.
If you are going to use powders, pay close attention to the ingredients label. Look for companies that use hardly any artificial ingredients, additives, or fillers.
You May Like: Dr Oz 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse
Healthy Superfood Smoothies To Jumpstart Your Day
16 Healthy Superfood Smoothies using all of the best superfoods like sea moss, hemp seeds, avocado, and more! Each smoothie is vegan and naturally sweetened with fruits and vegetables!
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If youve been following me on and , you know I have a smoothie obsession I am literally a smoothie aficionado! Almost every day I share my smoothie creations with everyone and love to see when people recreate them at home!
Where To Buy Extract Powders For Smoothies
Are you interested in trying any of these healthy smoothie add-ins? You can purchase these extract powders at BulkSupplements.com. The company is an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor for pure dietary supplements. BulkSupplements.com is not just a consumer brand. It also supplies pure ingredients to other brands that distribute food and other supplement products. Visit BulkSupplements.com to place an order today!
Make sure to consult a doctor before you try any new supplements to make sure they are right for you and your individual health.
Recommended Reading: 10 Day Detox Smoothie Recipe
Keto Green Smoothie With Avocado
If you ever want something sweet but need some extra vegetables, a green smoothie can help you check off both boxes. This version made with spinach, star fruit and avocado is a wonderful choice. The avocado makes it super creamy while providing plenty of extra vitamins and minerals.
I love how you can alter the recipe to use up those ingredients lingering around in your refrigerator. Its super convenient for freeing up fridge space without having to spend hours in the kitchen. And playing around with the flavors is so much fun!
Fruity And Nutty Summer Smoothie
This easy, satisfying sipper will likely keep you full till lunchtime. A small splash of coconut milk adds satiating richness , but the walnuts balance with a big boost of heart- and brain-healthy omega-3 fats. Fresh orange juice sweetens the smoothie naturally , and frozen mango contributes creaminess when blended. Feel free to sub any berry for the strawberries blueberries or raspberries would be particularly good here.
Don’t Miss: Anti Anxiety Smoothie
How To Blend The Best Smoothie
Though calorie needs vary depending on age, weight, hormones, activity levels, and more, as a rule of thumb, most of us do well with snacks that contain fewer than 200 calories a 300- to 450-calorie breakfast would cover most adults needs. Heres how to get the most nutrition without driving the calories sky high.
Banana Date Smoothie With Ginger And Cardamom
The Spruce / Nyssa Tanner
Dates add a natural sweetness to smoothies that will provide the flavor you want without spiking your sugar levels. Combined with frozen banana, Greek yogurt, fresh ginger, and a pinch of cardamom, you have a healthy, dessert-worthy drink. If your dates are a little hard, simply soak them in warm water before using.
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Seating View
What Do I Use To Sweeten A Smoothie
All of these smoothies here use frozen fruit as a base, which adds a nice baseline of sweetness that you can build on if your tastebuds would like. My recommendation is to blend up your smoothie without any added sweetener, then taste. Add in honey or maple syrup to taste. Many times, I dont need to add anything! Another great natural option for sweetening: pitted Medjool dates. Throw in one or two of those bad boys and let the blender do its thing. Youd be amazed at how sweet your smoothie will be!
The Ingredients For A Healthy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Cauliflower. This is a secret ingredient for making the smoothie creamy without banana, and adding hidden veggies! Youll steam fresh cauliflower first, allow it to cool, and then freeze it. This makes cauliflower easier to digest than fresh cauliflower.
- Peaches. Peaches are lower in sugar than bananas and add a neutral flavor so the orange can shine.
- Yogurt. I like to use Culina brand coconut yogurt.
- Fresh orange juice and coconut milk. Coconut milk helps to make the smoothie a bit creamier. You can also use almond milk.
- Vanilla and honey. This adds some added sweetness and richness.
- Coconut whipped cream. You can buy versions of this or make it yourself.
Also Check: Smoothie King Positions
Is It Healthy To Have A Smoothie Every Day
If youre looking to put your own blender to use and start making smoothies at home, youre already one step ahead with saving yourself money and ensuring you have full control over what goes into your drink. Enjoying a smoothie every day is totally fine if you make sure it has a good balance of nutrients.
That said, dietitians say its actually better to chew and swallow food rather than drinking it for fullness, so its probably best to limit your intake to one smoothie a day and enjoy proper meals and snacks throughout the day. And if youre aiming to make your smoothie a meal, try to include at least 25 grams of protein if its a snack, go for at least 10 grams of protein.
These delicious, healthy smoothies make it easier to eat right with nutrient-rich fruit and veggies, creamy milk, protein, probiotic-rich yogurt, and other nutritious ingredients. Just a note: Some of these recipes contain fruit juice or honey to up the sweetness, but if youre looking to cut added sugar from your diet, you can nix those ingredients.
Some of these recipes are from Smoothies & Juices, the new book from Preventions Healing Kitchen series. Give these recipes a try, and feel free to tweak and experiment to create your own perfect blend.
Do You Put Ice In Smoothies
I dont put ice in my smoothies that often, but you absolutely can! Ice will make your smoothies thicker and extra cold, which is key if youre not using any other frozen ingredients. I personally like to use frozen ingredients rather than ice but you can absolutely throw a few ice cubes in if you want. Just dont add too many or it will dilute the flavor of your smoothie.
Heres my basic formula for making thick and delicious smoothies that taste like they came from a smoothie shop!
Recommended Reading: Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Recipes
How To Make A Spoonable Smoothie
If you want to turn this drink into a smoothie bowl, reduce the amount of milk and add 1/2 cup of ice cubes. This will help create a thicker smoothie. You do need a powerful blender in order to blend everything smoothly. Here are my tips for getting the best results from your blender and here are additional tips on how to make a super thick smoothie.
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Arena Concerts
The Formula For The ‘best’ Smoothie
Not all smoothies are created equal. Simply tossing a bunch of fruit and juice in a blender may be tasty, but sipping it will load your body up with possibly too much sugar without any other macros to balance it out, and may ultimately leave you feeling sluggish and hungry shortly after you enjoy.
Making a point to include all of the important components of a good-for-you smoothie: protein, fiber, produce, no sugar added liquids, and possibly mix-ins, can help you enjoy your smoothie and feel good knowing that you are fueling your body with what it needs to make it through the day.
Read Also: 10 Day Smoothie Fast
Glowing Green Smoothie Dr Oz
1 1/2 cups water 1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped This smoothie supplies you with the energy, vitamins and minerals to give your skin a youthful, sexy glow. 2 stalks organic celery 7 cups of chopped spinach 1 organic apple or pear, cored and chopped 1 organic banana 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
How To Make A Smoothie
Im a BIG fan of smoothie recipes that are EASY and simple. To me, half the point of a smoothie is to have a delicious and nutritious meal/ snack that can be made in 5 minutes TOPS.
So making a healthy smoothie is easy around here. Step 1: gather your ingredients. Step 2: add those ingredients to your blender. Step 3: BLEND until creamy, adding a little extra liquid if needed to get your blender going. Step 4: Pour and ENJOY!
Its absolutely that easy to make a smoothie which is why I LOVE having them on a daily basis.
If youre brand new to smoothies: I suggest following a few recipes first. Once youve made a good handful of them, you can start really experimenting with new flavor combos and ratios of ingredients. Have fun with it!
Looking to add more greens to your smoothies?? Try freezing the greens using THIS TUTORIAL!
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Parking Cost
How To Make A Smoothie + 27 Simple Smoothie Recipes To Try
Im a believer that smoothies are the perfect meal or snack no matter what the weather. It is never too cold to have an awesome smoothie! Since smoothies are such a tasty way to pack in a meal on the go, I put on a big sweater and happily drink them even when the temps are frigid.
We originally published our first guide on smoothie making way back in 2015, and since then, millions of folks have visited this post and used our recipes to make the best ever smoothies! I consider these smoothies simple classics because they have great flavor, all the ingredients are easy to source , and they pack a nutritional punch that can nourish you nicely. These are the kinds of smoothies that I think everyone should know how to make, and chances are, youll find a favorite combo among these recipes. There really is no wrong way to make a smoothie, but I think these recipes are a great jumping-off point if the blender intimidates you.