What Are The Brand
As component of Sonics ongoing initiative to undermine my summer season figure , the drive-in chain has actually presented 2 brand-new Milkshakes: Yellow Cake Batter Standard Shake as well as Oreo Yellow Cake Batter Shake. Both tastes are mixed with vanilla gelato as well as cake batter.
Is a sonic blast a milkshake or smoothie? The pointyheads at Sonic Drive-In picked the center of winter season to present their brand-new line of icy deals with the ice-cream-plus-mix-ins mixtures called Master Blasts. However a glass of Actual Gelato is simply a milkshake or smoothie its the mix-ins that apparently make it a premium technology.
Is There A Way To Pack More Nutrition Into This Smoothie
This recipe makes a simple strawberry banana smoothie, but you can add whatever seeds, powders, or greens that youd like! For this one, I might add fresh spinach and flax seeds.
If you find a combination of mix-ins that you really like, you can freeze them as booster packs for super fast smoothie-making.
Strawberry & Plum Smoothie
OK, this may not be an obvious combo, but it really works. Strawberries are in peak season around June, yet plums are more abundant around September, so consider popping a few strawberries in the freezer until plums ripen in Autumn/Fall. Be sure to wash them and remove the green hulls before freezing.
Tasty Tip A spicy twist on this pure fruit option is to add a pinch of ground ginger or ½ cm of the fresh stuff. Its a game changer!
Read Also: The Hulk Vanilla Smoothie King Recipe
Also Check: Apple Banana Smoothie For Weight Loss
Vitamix Frozen Strawberry Banana Oat Smoothie Recipe
Vitamix Frozen Strawberry Banana Oat Smoothie Recipe A smooth and creamy oat-based breakfast smoothie from the creators of the Vitamix Blender, learn how to make at home.
Frozen Strawberry Banana Oat, a Vitamix Smoothie Recipe, is a smooth and creamy oat-based smoothie that is absolutely packed with protein. Sweet strawberries in a thick and creamy bananas and rolled oats base. The perfect easy to make fiber-rich breakfast shake.
Read Also: Blueberry Smoothie Recipe With Almond Milk
Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipe
Take a blender jar, now add 1¼ cups of roasted oats, add 2 pieces of dates , add banana , now add cocoa powder then add one glass of water, after adding water now It has to be a blend, after blending it and serve it in a glass, after serve now this smoothie is ready to drink.
For those who are chocolate lovers like me, this is a yummy, creamy smoothie, must try this smoothie and I am sure you will like this smoothie very much, and this smoothie looks very delicious and tasty, partner for weight loss It is superb, whenever you feel like eating chocolate, then if you include it in your diet, then it was this smoothie, you must try them.
You May Like: Healthy Smoothie Recipes For Picky Eaters
Can You Use Overripe Bananas
I dont know about you, but when I have overripe bananas on my counter, my first thought is that its time to make Coconut Flour Banana Bread.
If your bananas arent totally black and mushy, its fine to use them in smoothies.
Remember, the flavor of the banana will transfer to your smoothie, so you want to make sure the flavor of the bananas are still appealing to you. Bananas with lots of brown spots are perfect for smoothies, but if the skin is getting borderline-black in color, Id use them for baking instead.
Also Check: Best Blender For Fruit And Veggie Smoothies
How To Make A Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is as easy as 1-2-3. Feel free to add any extra flare or ingredients if youd like. We kept it nice and simple. If you feel like you want to add a serving of vegetables, try frozen cauliflower! If you would like a bit more texture try adding a couple of tablespoons of oatmeal. The options are endless.
Also Check: How To Make A Blueberry Smoothie With Yogurt
How Do You Make A Healthy Strawberry Smoothie
Making a healthy strawberry smoothie is about the ingredients you put in it. When using fresh, or frozen, fruit, healthy sweeteners like honey and high-quality cocoa, the smoothie is healthy. Watch out for pre-made smoothie mixes. These smoothie mixes are usually loaded with chemicals, added fat and added sugar. Making strawberry smoothies are healthier when you make them yourself.
How Long Can You Keep A Banana Smoothie In The Fridge
Bananas do turn brown rather quickly, so the best way to enjoy a banana smoothie is right after youve blended it. If you do plan to make ahead or have extra that you want to save for later, it should hold up in your fridge for up to 2 days.
Note that the longer that your smoothie sits, the fewer nutrients will remain, so if you want to reap the health benefits and get the best taste, then drink up at soon as your smoothie is made.
You May Like: How To Make A Green Machine Smoothie
Coconut Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
A sweet-tart flavor of juicy berries paired with tasty coconut will awaken your taste buds in the morning.Its full of healthy fiber that will keep you full throughout your morning and nutrients that will continually nourish and energize your body. Prepare this healthy recipe for a breakfast your family will love.Ingredients
- 1 SmoothieBox Strawberry Banana Smoothie Mix
- 8-12 ounces of your favorite nut milk
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp agave nectar, maple syrup, or honey
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Blend your breakfast smoothie ingredients for two minutes until they mix evenly, then pour into two bowls.
- Sprinkle and garnish with assorted toppings like shredded berries, fresh berries, mint sprigs, chia seeds, and sliced almonds.
- Then enjoy your smoothie bowl!
They May Stop Snack Attacks
Scientists have recently found that strawberries may reduce blood sugar spikes. These high-low sugar spikes cause cravings and affect mood, so by adding more strawberries to your diet you can avoid these feelings, reducing the temptation to snack on naughty bits.
Its suspected that the high levels of antioxidant polyphenols are responsible, which also help out the body in other ways. However, these studies were done in a test tube so more research is needed to prove that the same effect would happen in people.
Also Check: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie Conditioner
You May Like: Who To Make A Smoothie
How Do I Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For the best results, youll want to add the ingredients to the blender in this order:
Then blend away, slowly ramping up to full speed! When the smoothie looks silky, take a taste test and decide if you want to add any sweetener. If you do, add the honey or maple syrup and blend for a few more seconds. If not, pour and enjoy!
Read Also: How Do You Make A Banana Smoothie
Tips For The Ideal Smoothie
This is one of those basic recipes that you just cannot get wrong, but there are things you should always keep in mind whatever kind of smoothie you are making.
- Order Matters: To get that perfectly smooth creamy texture you want to layer your greens and liquid closest to the blades. Then add your frozen fruit and add-ins. So if your blade is on the bottom layer the liquid then greens, then the rest. If your blade is the lid, place half the liquid in the bottom, add in the frozen fruit and add-ins, place the greens last and add the rest of your liquid.
- The Mixer is Vital: You want to make sure your blender is up to the task. If you are a smoothie addict, it is worth investing in a powerful blender that can get the job done and not burn out.
- Leave The Ice Outand Opt for Frozen Fruit: Adding ice to make your smoothie cold actually just dilutes your smoothie. Using frozen fruit will create a thick smooth cold smoothie with all the flavor intact.
- Sneak in Those Greens: Smoothies are a great way to add greens to your diet without having to actually taste them. Adding spinach and kale are two of the favorites which add nutrients without a ton of flavor. Use baby kale and spinach for sweeter flavors which are easier to blend.
- Protein and Fats: Smoothies are a great way to add in protein and healthy fats that can help you feel fuller longer. Nut butter, chia seeds, hemp, flaxseed, and even frozen avocado. Trust me avocado creates the smoothest creamiest smoothie youll ever have.
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Smoothie With Frozen Fruit
Nutrition Info You Can Trust
Our in-house associate nutritionist holds a Masters degree in Human Nutrition, a bachelors degree in Sports Science and English, and a Diploma in Personal Training. She has over 15 years of experience in the health and fitness industry, working with leading health clubs, equipment companies, and one-to-one clients.
Why You Should Make This Banana Smoothie
Ive made a version of this easy banana smoothie recipe more times than I can count. Its perfect on its own and is the best base recipe for adding more ingredients like fruit, nut butter, and veggies.
Here are a few more reasons we love it:
- You need less than 5 minutes to make it.
- You can use fresh or frozen bananas.
- Its easy to adapt to what you have in the kitchen.
- This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- You can even make the smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and save it for later.
Also Check: Plant Based Smoothies For Weight Loss
Creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are a fantastic way to start the day. They’re simple to make but have lots of good energy ingredients to get you moving in the morning without feeling heavy or weighed down. It’s also a great option for kids who are on the go but need a healthy energy boost! It’s filling and it tastes amazing!
The Right Blender For Smoothies
There is no wrong blender for smoothies. Youll want a blender that has a fairly strong motor and can easily break down ice or frozen fruit. Depending on the other uses and frequency of use, a blender may or may not be an item youd like to splurge on.
My favorite picks
- I have a BlendTec blender which I love. I use it frequently for everything from smoothies, soups and hummus to caesar salad dressing.
- The Ninja Blender is a great price for a blender and perfect if youre looking for a solid blender under $100! This blender has great reviews with great reviews!
- If you dont blend a ton, it wouldnt make sense to invest in an expensive appliance. Consider a simple hand blender I use mine to blend soups like my 20 Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup.
- I also have a magic bullet blender thats perfect for smoothies, blending spices and I even use it to make fresh bread crumbs.
Recommended Reading: Keto Smoothies At Smoothie King
Ingredients For Strawberry Smoothies:
- Strawberries: The main ingredient! I love using fresh strawberries, but frozen strawberries are an option. Remove strawberry tops to preserve the pretty pink color.
- Coconut Milk: My favorite base giving this smoothie a tropical flavor. See below for other options.
- Bananas: A staple ingredient for many smoothies, gives a nice creamy texture.
- Pineapple: More tropical flavor for this delicious treat and the frozen chunks serve as a flavorful ice so this smoothie is packed full of flavor!
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Box Office
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
So you ask, how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? Its as simple as blending all the ingredients until smooth, then adding a little more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking. Its that easy! Youll need:
- Strawberries: Fresh of frozen work here. You can also substitute blueberries or blackberries!
- Banana: Again, use fresh or frozen. I like to pre-chop and freeze soon-to-go-bad bananas and store them in my freezer for smoothies. It ensures I never throw away rotten bananas and makes smoothies instantly frostier!
- Milk: You can use cows or dairy-free milk . Alternatively, you can make these Strawberry Banana Smoothies without milk and use apple or orange juice instead.
For the best possible smoothie, make sure at least one of your fruits is frozen!
Read Also: Plain Protein Powder For Smoothies
Expert Tips And Tricks
- Freeze fresh strawberries. Fresh strawberries will have the most flavor and will be the sweetest. Freezing them captures that flavor and still results in a cold and creamy consistency.
- Add extra nutrients. Make this smoothie even healthier by adding in spinach, protein powder, oats, and even more fruit.
- Start with the banana. Loading the blender with the softer ingredients next to the blade allows for easier mixing.
- Test for sweetness. The amount of sweetener you need depends on how sweet your fruit and yogurt is. Sample the smoothie then add the sweetener as needed to taste.
Dont Miss: Smoothie King Seating
Fresh Strawberry Banana Smoothie
It is a great tasting simple smoothie that uses frozen fruits but with fresh lemon juice. Another amazing ingredient in it is rice milk. In the above recipes, we used almond milk or low-fat milk. But, here, we will use rice milk. The quality of this ingredient is that it gives a more fresh taste than all other ways. In addition to it, it is more energetic and tasty. There are seven ingredients used in it. It only needs six minutes for the quick making. The total calories are 150kcal.
- Fresh lemon juice of only two tablespoons
- Basil leaves and mint leaves of one tablespoon
- The instructions are easier that you will quickly understand them. You can use both kinds of blender, i.e., high-powered or low-powered. The only difference between these blenders is their time of making. The high-powered blender will give you quick results, and the low-powered will take a little bit of time.
- Combine all food items in the blender. The best way to blending is to start with low speed and then gradually increase speed.
- After blending, check its results. If you notice the texture is no smoother, then again blend. You can also use any tamper for the scraping down of sides of it.
- The resulting drink may become too thicker. Now, if you desire to make it a little thin, then add little milk to it. You will enjoy the best taste after instantly made it.
Read Also: How To Make Milkshake Smoothie
Recipe Tips And Tricks
- If you don’t have frozen fruits, use un-frozen ones and add a few ice cubes to the blender while blending.
- Also, if using un-frozen fruits, reduce the amount of milk in the recipe.
- For me, the sweetness of fruits is sufficient in smoothies or sometimes I add a healthy sweetener like 1-2 dates. If you prefer a sweeter smoothie add any sweetener of your choice.
- If you use dates in the smoothie, I would recommend adding Medjool dates.
- In the blender put the liquids first and then add the other ingredients. It will make the blending process easier.
- The banana gives a body to smoothies and makes them creamier. However, it also has an overpowering taste. If you don’t like the taste of bananas skip it and add more strawberries. Also, reduce the amount of milk in that case otherwise the smoothie will become runny.
What Is A Strawberry Banana Smoothie Good For
I love to make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie with yogurt in the morning for a quick, easy and healthy breakfast. Its fantastic to make before leaving for work in the morning and enjoying during your morning commute, this was a go-to on-the-go breakfast when I worked outside the home.
In addition to a breakfast smoothie, this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is also wonderful as a post workout snack. You can even throw everything into the blender before you leave for the gym, store it in the fridge and then blend it when you get home so its cool and smooth. A great way to restore your energy, feed your muscles and cool offhows that for efficiency!
Read Also: Peanut Butter And Banana Smoothie Recipe
Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipes
A strawberry banana smoothie is one of the easiest smoothie recipes to try if you are new to smoothies. It is easy, healthy, and ready in 5 minutes. Make a different version of the recipe every day of the week.
Smoothies are the perfect recipe. It only takes 5 minutes to whip up and you do not need any cooking skills to make one. It is portable for breakfast on the go. And best of all, smoothie ingredients are full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, healthy fats, and protein.
Kids, teens, and adults all love smoothies. Hidden leafy greens and vegetables are virtually impossible to detect in a delicious fruit blend.
In fact, hiding vegetables was one of the main reasons I started my breakfast smoothie journey.
One summer as my son worked on his cooking merit badge for Boy Scouts, he discovered how many cups of vegetables he should be eating every day.
He fell far short of the recommended daily vegetables. Making smoothies for his breakfast was my best strategy to increase his daily vegetable intake.
He watched me throw spinach into the smoothie and wasnt fazed as he drank it up. His veggie intake increased.