What Is The Different Between Instant Oats And Rolled Oats
Instant Oats is highly processed and thin, a lot of the natural healthy stuff is removed, which is not too good for your health even though it is a common oat most individuals buy. it is also softer and easy on the mouth. instant oat has low fiber compared to rolled oat.
Instant oat is very quick to make, you add it in a bowl and add milk or water, and set a timer for 1 minute, and you are done.
Because of the process of oatmeal softness, it is a great choice for an oats smoothie.
Rolled oat is my favorite choice, it is not processed and it has high fiber which is good for weight loss and helps with bowel movement but it does take more time to make about 5 to 6 minutes and It doesnt get soft like instant oatmeal.
it is also not processed at all and your body will benefit more from rolled oat. you can soak rolled oat overnight to make It easier to use in the morning.
Both oats are good for the body but if you want to have a chance of getting rid of those unwanted pounds, I recommended rolled oat because of the high fiber, we need fiber in the body in other to lose weight.
Also Check: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Baton Rouge
Ingredients In An Oat Milk Strawberry Smoothie
- Strawberries: since weâre using frozen strawberries, we can skip the ice! If you only have fresh strawberries on hand, then simply wash, hull and dry strawberries. Freeze and use in place of already frozen strawberries.
- Milk: pick your favorite milk! Wanna make an oat milk strawberry smoothie? Then use oat milk. Wanna make a strawberry soy smoothie? Use soy milk. Wanna make a strawberry almond milk smoothie? Oh, you know where Iâm going with thisâ¦
- Yogurt: I like using a complementary yogurt to go with my strawberry milk. Meaning? If Iâm using almondmilk, Iâm gonna use an almondmilk yogurt. If Iâm using soy milk, Iâm gonna use a soymilk yogurt. You get the drift. ð
Tips For Making The Best Smoothies
- Using ice and frozen fruit help to make the smoothie frosty and will thicken the consistency. This is great for kids because you can make them healthy milkshakes.
- The riper the banana is the sweeter your smoothie will be.
- Add your favorite ingredients like nut butters, berries, ground flax, and protein powder to boost the nutritional value.
- Plain or unflavored oat milk works the best. Sometimes the vanilla tastes a little artificial or overpowers the other flavors.
- If you like a sweeter smoothie drizzle in a little honey or maple syrup.
Don’t Miss: Island Green Tropical Smoothie Cafe
How To Make An Oatmilk Smoothie
This is easy to make!
First, measure Planet Oat Oatmilk and pour it into the high speed blender.
Next, add strawberries. If you are using fresh strawberries, you can slice off the tops or just pull the leaves off and drop them in the high-speed blender as you prefer.
Drizzle in the maple syrup.
Finally, add ice cubes.
Blend until smooth.
Pour and you may choose to garnish your glass with a fresh strawberry with an incision in the tip.
Sip and enjoy!
For variations on this on this easy oat milk smoothie you could add 2 tbsp of peanut butter for an even more protein packed version . This is a great option if you are looking for a healthy breakfast smoothie.
If you have yet to try oatmilk, I think you will love how versatile Planet Oat Oatmilk is. You can enjoy it by the glass, in coffee, in cereal, in recipes, and more. Its a great 1:1 replacement for dairy in cooking and baking. Youll love its creamy texture and great flavor. If you want to learn more about oatmilk, please visit Planet Oat. Or click here to learn Where to buy Planet Oat.
I hope you enjoy this simple strawberry oat milk smoothie. It makes a great afternoon pick me up for the kids and I to enjoy together! It is also a great way to some extra fresh produce in your diet with great taste.
Visit Easy Home Meals for great recipe and meal solutions and to enter the for a chance to win up to $10,000 in prizes!
Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe Tips
I used old fashioned rolled oats for this recipe. You can substitute with quick oats if you would like. Since quick oats are cut finer, you may not need to pulse them in the blender as long.
If your strawberries are sweet, you may not need to add maple syrup, or you may want to use less. You can also use a no-calorie sweetener if preferred, just adjust the amount of sweetener to your personal preference.
You May Like: How Do You Make A Banana Smoothie
Which Milk Is Preferable For Smoothies Oat Or Almond
Youve found the ideal article if, like me, you worry over checking the nutritional information on the most widely available plant-based milk options at the grocery store.
Today, well examine closely the two most popular substitutes, oat milk and almond milk, and explain why one may be a better option for you than the other.
Lactose intolerance affects 75% of the worlds population, therefore it should come as no surprise that plant-based milk alternatives are in high demand.
Does oat milk have a chance of unseating the king of non-dairy milk alternatives, almond milk, which is now the best-selling product in the category?
To better grasp how the values compare to one another, lets start with a nutritional comparison:
Instead of using general values that arent particularly applicable in real life, I tried to use specific examples from the most well-known brands that you can find in practically every supermarket in the nation.
Looking at the data, it is very clear that oat milk has twice as many calories, fats, and carbohydrates as almond milk, but it does stand out for having higher levels of protein and fiber.
Alternative dairy products are typically fortified, which means additional nutrients have been added to them, such as Vitamin D, B12, and Calcium. This is something to note.
To help you choose, consider the following criteria:
benefits of oat milk
Oat milk often doesnt have added sugar and can be gluten-free .
oat milks drawbacks
advantages of almond milk:
Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie With Spinach
In an attempt to eat more fruits and veggies, Ive been meal prepping smoothies to stash in the freezer. The original intention was to have them up for breakfast, but my husband and I have found that we actually prefer whipping them up after dinnerfor some reason eating smoothies with a spoon makes it feel like dessert .
Our current favorite is a smoothie thats made with blueberries, rolled oats, spinach, banana, greek yogurt, almond milk, and a dash of cinnamon. The rolled oats add body and coziness to the smoothie, while the banana, greek yogurt, and almond milk make it taste like froyo. The best part though is that even though theres a handful of spinach in there, you cant taste it at all. Win!
Whether you want this for breakfast or dessert, the key to making it come together fast is to freeze individual portions separately. I like to use these great reusable food bags from Stasher to minimize plastic waste , but you can also use whatever freezer-friendly container you have on hand. Also, before putting these smoothie packs together, I like to freeze Greek yogurt in an ice cube tray. This makes it super easy to pack with the other ingredients, and no need for extra ice when blending.
Do you have any favorite smoothie recipes that are healthy but taste good enough to be a dessert? Let me know in the comments!
More breakfast as dessert recipes:
Don’t Miss: How To Make High Protein Smoothies
What Is A Mango Smoothie Made Of
This mango smoothie is made with banana, coconut yogurt, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Read the full list below for details on each ingredient.
- Mango: Mangoes provide several health benefits and they are loaded with nutrients. In particular, this tropical fruit is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, and beta-carotenes.
- Banana: Be sure to use frozen bananas for an ice cold smoothie. Dont forget to remove the peels before freezing them. Bananas are a great source of various essential nutrients, including vitamin B6, potassium, and magnesium.
- Coconut yogurt: This dairy-free yogurt provides a thick and creamy consistency. If you dont want to use all fruit for your smoothies, yogurt is a low-sugar way to bulk up any recipe. Other options include almond milk yogurt, soy milk yogurt, and oat milk yogurt. If you can consume dairy, regular yogurt will work too.
- Coconut milk: I recommend using coconut milk, but other plant-based milk alternatives will work just as well. Again, if you arent dairy-free, feel free to use regular milk.
- Maple syrup: Real maple syrup is an easy way to sweeten the smoothie without adding refined sugar. Most people will find the beverage plenty sweet without this ingredient, so it is entirely optional.
- Vanilla extract: Add a dash for a subtle vanilla flavor. Alternatively, reduce the number of ingredients by using a vanilla-flavored yogurt.
Can I Make This Almond Milk Smoothie Without Ice
Ice is optional in this recipe. Ice has its pros and cons. Ice adds to the consistency and makes the smoothie cold and a bit more refreshing. I like my smoothies ice cold vs luke-warm so If I go without ice, I will be sure to use frozen fruit, including freezing bananas ahead of time.
For other oat based recipes you might like, try these:
Also Check: Smoothies For Inflammation And Pain
Oat Milk Smoothie Recipe
This oat milk smoothie recipe is loaded with fresh or frozen fruit, plant based protein, and is a vibrant way to rise and shine! This smoothie is made with fiber-rich ingredients and healthy plant based protein to keep you satisfied until lunch.
A creamy delicious smoothie ready in just 5 minutes. Use homemade or store-bought oat milk for the perfect morning shake.
Why Use Oat Milk When Making Smoothies
Why is everyone going bananas about oat milk? Isnt just the same as all the other dairy-free milks? Not quite.
I have expressed my deep love for oat milk before when sharing my review of The Oat Milk Cookbook. Since then, Ive been using it more and more, especially when making smoothies. But, why?
On top of being nut-free , gluten-free and soy-free, oat milk creates a thick and super creamy texture to smoothies. Oat milk also has great flavor of its own, slightly nutty and naturally sweet, which is perfect when making fruit smoothies.
But what also makes oat milk valuable in the smoothie department is the fact that it is jam packed with fibers and contains lots of vitamins and minerals . This article Oat Milk: Nutrition, Benefits, and How to Make It will give you more detailed information about the health benefits of oat milk.
Also Check: Smoothies That Help Burn Belly Fat
Which Oat Milk To Use To Make This Mango Smoothie
As much as I love to make my own vegan milks , I will most of the time grab a container at the store. Its simply more convenient and I havent had any luck at making a homemade oat milk that I love so far . Check out this homemade oat milk recipe from Love and Lemon if you want to try making it yourself.
The oat milk I use is from Oatly. I love its super smooth and non-viscous texture and the fact that it is fortified with vitamin B12 .
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
- Its really tasty! This smoothie with oat milk is so refreshing. With the delicious combination of fresh berries, ripe banana, oat milk, and creamy peanut butter this smoothie is both filling and full of flavour!
- This refreshing smoothie can be customized with any fruit and add-ins of your choice. Change it up and make a cherry oat milk smoothie, frozen berry oat milk smoothie or raspberry oat milk smoothie.
- It is naturally sweetened and isvegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
- This oat milk breakfast smoothie is very easy to make.
- This healthy smoothie is the perfect breakfast, snack, or after-workout shake.
- You can meal prep it the day before and take it with you on the go in the morning!
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
Trendgredient Alert: Oat Milk
Oat milk is one of my favorite trendgredients. Not only is it creamy and delicious, but it provides another option for those with specific dietary restrictions: lactose intolerance, soy allergies, and nut allergies. It is also high in B vitamins, helps lower bad cholesterol, and can help strengthen bones. Source: Healthline
You can also make your own oat milk at home! Below is a screenshot of How to Make Oat Milk, as instructed by Healthline.
How Do You Make A Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie
This blueberry oat smoothie is thick, frosty, and will really fill you up, due to the fiber in the oats. Its a great start to your day!
You could even make this extra thick and serve it in a bowl. I love to make smoothie bowls and top them with lots of goodies like fresh berries, coconut, and chocolate chips.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Thick Smoothie Bowls
About This Oat Milk Smoothie Recipe
One of my favorite ways to start the day is by blending up a healthy smoothie recipe.
Theyre such a quick & easy way to kick off my mornings with a sippable serving of plant-based goodness, protein, healthy fats and fiber.
So Im always searching for new flavor combinations to add to my rotation, and this creamy oat milk smoothie is SO good I knew I had to share it with you asap!
Were using simple ingredients like frozen bananas, peanut butter, ground flax seed and oat milk to create a milkshake-style smoothie that tastes like a total treat.
I honestly love having this smoothie as-is, but its so versatile that it lends itself to almost endless variations.
Ive added lots of customizations & ideas for you so you can use this everyday recipe and make anything from a berry oat milk smoothie to a chocolate or a no-banana version!
Does Oat Milk Need To Be Refrigerated After Opening
There are many brands of oat milk, so my best advice is to always read the packaging. From my experience there are brands that are shelf stable, which means that it can be stored in your pantry until opened. Then it requires refrigeration. It is usually best to use oat milk within a week of opening.
You May Like: Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Body Spray
Key Ingredients And Substitutions:
- Oat milk: an incredible non-dairy milk that has a nice sweet flavour. Use plain or unflavoured oat milk for this recipe to avoid any added sugars. You could also use your own homemade oat milk for this smoothie.
- Bananas: the banana helps to make this smoothie sweet, filling, smooth, and creamy. If you prefer a smoothie with no banana, omit the banana and add more berries or other fruit instead. You could also use frozen banana for this recipe.
- Berries: both blueberries and raspberries are used in this recipe to give it an incredible flavor and beautiful light color. You can easily substitute these for your other favourite berries such as strawberries or blackberries. Use either fresh or frozen berries and you could also swap some of the berries to make a cherry smoothie or frozen berry smoothie.
- Peanut butter: use your favourite creamy peanut butter or substitute with a natural nut butter, such as almond butter or cashew butter. Be sure to use natural, unsweetened, smooth peanut butter.
Simple Strawberry Oat Milk Lactation Smoothie
This Simple Strawberry Oat Milk Lactation Smoothie is a great addition to help increase or maintain your milk supply. Not only is this lactation smoothie recipe thick, creamy and delicious, but its packed with nourishing ingredients to help fuel your recovering body.
Juicy strawberries, bananas, sweet dates, rolled oats, hemp seeds, and oat milk are blended to form this quick and easy lactation smoothie to help boost your hydration and your milk supply.
Ready in under 5 minutes, this simple Strawberry Oat Milk Smoothie is the best tasting lactation smoothie youll find!
You May Like: How To Make A Blueberry Smoothie With Yogurt
Recommended Reading: Banana Blueberry Smoothie With Almond Milk
Overnight Oat Papaya Boat
Papaya boats are a delicious and fun way to eat papayas. Fill your papaya up with overnight oats and fresh fruit for a truly tasty and filling breakfast. Itâs also easy to make and incredibly healthy!
It is papaya season, which typically ranges from early summer through fall. Although you can get papayas all year round, this is the best time to get them when theyâre in season. Not only will it be more cost effective, but it will taste better when it can be picked closer to peak ripeness and not have to travel as far.
Papayas are a tropical fruit similar to melons but with a creamier texture and a subtle sweetness. They make for an excellent snack or breakfast!
Dont Miss: Strawberry Banana Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
Are Oatmeal Smoothies Healthy
Oats have some unique ingredients in particular, the soluble fiber beta-glucan and antioxidants called avenanthramides.
The benefits of oats include lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, protection against skin irritation, and reduced constipation.
Plus are you aware of the health benefits of chia seeds? These little guys pack a healthy punch in a small package: tons of fiber, protein, healthy fats and more.
Are you ready to enjoy your delicious breakfast oatmeal smoothie? Get the recipe below!
- perfect breakfast and snack
Berry and oat smoothie is a very simple & healthy breakfast/snack option.
This smoothie with berry and oats is extremely easy to make. Just add all the ingredients and blending to get this delicious smoothie for the entire family!!
The star ingredients of this smoothie are mixed berries and oats as the name suggests.
The mixed berries give it a lovely flavor slightly tart and sweet along with a very pretty color.
And adding oatmeal to smoothies makes it a complete meal, gives it a nutritional boost, thickens it, and adds fiber that will help you stay full longer.
What I like about Oats or oatmeal is that itâs cheap, filling, and healthy and when combined with yogurt makes it a protein-rich option.
So lets see how to make this thick, hearty and delicious Berry oats smoothie!!
Also Check: Soup Salad And Smoothie Diet