How To Make A Fruit Smoothie
Making a fruit smoothie is as simple as tossing ingredients in a blender and letting it rip, but we want to make sure you succeed every time, so heres our exact process:
How To Make A Smoothie Ahead Of Time
Although smoothies dont take a long time make, sometimes 10 minutes is too long when youre running out the door. Although you cant blend a smoothie ahead of time and stash it in the refrigerator because itll separate and discolor, you can freeze it in drinkable portions . Then thaw it overnight in the fridge to enjoy it the next morning or throw a frozen portion in your bag on your way to work. Chances are, itll thaw during your commute.
Whats The Best Blender For Making Smoothies
Blenders have gotten so advanced in the past few years, that its hard to pick one that wont blend up a great smoothie! If youre blender shopping, here are the three blenders we recommend for daily smoothie-making:
- MOST AFFORDABLE: Cuisinart Immersion/Stick BlenderDont let its small size fool you, this tiny handheld blender is packed full of power, and will easily make a smoothie for you every day! Its perfect if youre limited on counter space.
- MEDIUM: Ninja Professional BlenderFor under $100, you get an incredibly powerful blender that makes a dreamy, creamy smoothie. This was the blender we used in the Wholefully test kitchen for years, and its a great starter-level, but still high-powered, blender.
- SPLURGE: Vitamix Professional BlenderA Vitamix is the top of the line when it comes to blenders, and its what we use every day in the Wholefully test kitchen. It comes with a hefty price tag , so if youre just blending a smoothie every now and again, there is no need to make the splurge. But if you do a lot of cooking or make a lot of smoothies or blended drinks, you might want to start saving your pennies for a Vitamix. Its a lifetime appliance that is a dream to use!
Also Check: Smoothie King Team Member Job Description
Tips For Making The Best High Protein Fruit Smoothies
So, the best thing about smoothies is that they are packed with nutrition and easy to make. They are delicious, full of fiber, and a great way to boost weight loss. To make the best high protein fruit smoothies ever, keep these tips in mind:
- Use unsweetened almond milk as your liquid because it is low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals, and also gives a good consistency
- Loading your blender in this order typically works best liquid, not frozen veggies or fruits, greens if you are adding any, then the frozen fruits and veggies, and finally, the protein powder
- If you find your smoothie to be too sweet, add lemon juice
- If the taste is too bitter, add pineapple, orange, or banana
- Natural sweeteners like honey and pure maple syrup work great in smoothies
- Avocado can add creaminess to a smoothie, not to mention a load of nutrition
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the shake
Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe
Heres the tastiest drink that happens to be healthy, too: a peanut butter smoothie recipe! You can swear off milkshakes for good, because this easy smoothie is just as satisfying. Its got the best pure peanut buttery flavor, and the silkiest, creamiest texture. Even better: all you need is 3 ingredients! Its easy to make vegan or plant-based, and its the perfect breakfast or snack.
You May Like: Healthiest Smoothie From Smoothie King
How Do I Make Smoothies If I Dont Like Bananas
Lucky for you, we have an entire post of recipes to make a smoothie without banana. Try those recipes, or tweak any of the recipes below by:
- Subbing in 1/2 cup additional plain Greek yogurt , plus 1 tablespoon additional sweetener and a handful of ice cubes in place of the frozen banana in these recipes.
- Other options: canned pineapple, sweetened yogurt, canned pears. Adding half a ripe avocado can really help make up for the creaminess that bananas usually add, too.
Best Blender For Smoothies
First things first, lets talk about the blender situation. I know there are hundreds of blenders on the market and it can be very daunting to find the right one for you. One thing I have learned with the handful of blenders that Ive owned is that quality matters. Usually, quality and price coincide and its totally true.
Ive found that the more expensive and higher quality blender I have, the more success I have with what I am makingespecially smoothies. The most recent and BEST blender I have ever had is a Vitamix.
We have the Vitamix 5200and it runs you about $430 on Amazon. I do not have a single bad thing to say about this beast. Its super powerful, easy to clean, and it makes making smoothies along with other things a breeze. I can tell you right now that this is the best blender I have ever owned and theres no turning back.
Also Check: Mielle Pomegranate And Honey Curl Smoothie
Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe
Why not drink your green food? This glowing green smoothie recipe is the perfect immunity-boosting drink with a sweet tart flavor! It stars green apples, loads of spinach, and protein-packed nuts. The tangy is balanced with sweet, and it has a loose but creamy texture thats easily drinkable and a vivid, glowing green color.
Are You Looking For Even More Smoothies No Worries Weve Got You Covered:
- Clementine Avocado Smoothie. If youve never added avocado to your smoothie before, you are missing out! The flavor is so mild, that you cant taste it, but the texture is dreamy, creamy smooth, and the healthy added fats help keep your fuller longer.
- Cold Buster Smoothie. When youre feeling under the weather and your throat is sore, this smoothie for colds is soothing and nourishing.
- Coffee Smoothie. Get a jolt of caffeine and your breakfast all in one cup! This is packed full of coffee flavor.
- Persimmon Smoothie. Packed full of autumnal flavor, this spiced smoothie is creamy and sweet!
- Spinach and Pear Smoothie. Bright green and fresh in flavor, this smoothie is a perfect light breakfast.
- Sweet Potato Smoothie. Sweet potato in a smoothie? YUP! It tastes like a delicious pie. Youll love it!
- Apple Smoothie. This smoothie is packed full of healthy spinach, but tastes like apple pie!
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. This pumpkin smoothie is perfect for the weather is still warm but your heart wants fall to show up.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie. This smoothie is rich and dark, and it tastes decadent enough you could sip on it for dessert!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie. All the flavors of your favorite sandwich in a tasty smoothie! Pick your favorite jelly to add to this peanut butter smoothie.
- Tart Cherry and Spinach Smoothies. We show serving this cherry smoothie as a light breakfast in a bowl, but you could easily pour it in a glass and sip away!
Don’t Miss: Smoothie King Center Concert Seating
Easy Healthy Smoothie Recipes:
Today I am sharing FIVE easy smoothies that are perfect as part of a healthy breakfast, pre or post workout snack or a quick pick me up to help keep you full until your next meal.
These delicious smoothie recipes are all naturally vegetarian, vegan friendly, dairy free and Whole30 compliant but feel free to adjust the ingredients according to your dietary preferences.
Most of these healthy fruit smoothie recipes are made with only 5 Ingredients or less. They are full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats and are also completely SUGAR FREE, banana-free, vegan/dairy-free.
And theyre also perfect if you are looking for recipes that are WHOLE 30 or paleo-friendly.
Ive even included options and substitutions to make all of these easy smoothies low carb and keto-friendly if youre following a keto diet
Dont Miss: Best Blender For Daily Smoothies
How Can I Make My Smoothie Healthier
The smoothie recipes below are plain, but if you want to expand your smoothie horizons, go for it! Toss in chia seeds or protein powder or hemp seeds or flax or whatever else makes your heart happy. If you have a standard set of mix-ins you like, you can even freeze them into booster packsgreat for really quick and easy smoothies!
Recommended Reading: Smoothie King Center Parking
How To Make Homemade Smoothies
Homemade smoothies are a tasty way to add extra servings of fruits and vegetables into your diet. Whether you are looking for a delicious way to start your day or just need a healthier afternoon snack, knowing how to make a smoothie is a great way to expand your culinary knowledge and build your kitchen confidence.
How To Make It
Unlike baking recipes, for instance, smoothie recipes do not have to use exact measurements. You can adjust according to taste. The only difference in choosing between fresh or frozen fruit is how thick you want it to be. Frozen will make for a more milkshake-thick smoothie, whereas fresh will get thickened up slightly by the ice, but have a more liquidy texture. Or you can combine frozen and fresh fruit.
You can use any kind of soft fruit you want, such as berries, bananas, peeled peaches or nectarines, melons, even grapes, and puree, and know you can always add a bit more fruit or ice to thicken it or a bit more milk to thin it out.
Read Also: What Do You Put In A Breakfast Smoothie
Read Also: Smoothie King Center Map
How To Measure Smoothie Ingredients
I too am guilty of looking at a smoothie recipe and then throwing a bit of everything into the pitcher. I could end up with a 12 ounce breakfast or a 24 ounce drink-me-all-day. Sometimes though, its nice to know exactly how much smoothie Im going to end up making.
Maybe you are counting calories. Perhaps you dont want to end up with leftovers. Maybe you never make enough for your kids to share. No matter your reason, sometimes its just makes life easier to know.
How do I do this without dirtying a pile of measuring cups and spoons? A kitchen scale!
Simply place the pitcher on your scale and hit the tare button to zero it out. Add the ingredients, pressing tare between each one, to measure exactly how much goes into the pitcher. Best of all you do it without dirtying a single measuring utensil.
Triple Berry Blend Smoothie
Ingredients: 1 cup of mixed blackberries, blueberries and raspberries, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of Greek yoghurt, 1 cup of ice.
Toppings: Strawberry fruit, Blueberry, or Kiwi fruit.
P.S: Toppings arent necessary,they are really just added to beautify the smoothie and also to add flavor, they include, but arent limited to: Chopped almonds, Shredded coconut, Fresh kiwi, Mango and Blueberries. Id recommend them but, truthfully they could be done without.
SWEET TROPICAL SMOOTHIE
You May Like: Smoothie King Center Box Office Hours
Skinny Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie
And here we have it! Yet another healthy smoothie version of your favorite dessert! If youre getting sick of eating oatmeal in the mornings, try using it in a shake instead! Because of the high fiber in oatmeal, it helps keep you feeling full and satiated longer while giving the smoothie a fun new texture.
Easy Smoothie Recipes That Are Quick And Simple To Make
These easy smoothie recipes take just a few minutes and are the perfect way to get your day off to a good start
These easy smoothie recipes are packed full of great ingredients and take just a few minutes to whizz up. Start your day off right with a few portions of your five-a-day in the form of a tasty smoothie.
Of course, if youre more of a tea-and-toast person in the morning, these recipes can also be a great snack or midday pick-me-up. A smoothie can sometimes be the difference between straying to the biscuit tin. A quick natural sugar fix can help to give you a boost of energy and can see you through to the next mealtime without the need for any unhealthy snacks.
But of course, to make these easy smoothie recipes, you need to make sure you have the right blender to hand for the job .
Recommended Reading: Easiest To Clean Smoothie Blender
Recommended Reading: Detox Organics Recipes
Frozen Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Frozen fruit can always be found stocked in our freezer.
When that moment strikes and I have literally NOTHING else to make, a frozen fruit smoothie can always save the day.
It doesnt even matter what fresh or frozen fruits Im working with. They can ALL be turned into a creamy and delicious smoothie.
That is, if you have this basic formula on hand.
I would never leave you hanging, though. In addition to this simple guide, youll also find a few recipes you can start off with and then add in all of the nuts, seeds, milks, juices, yogurts, and protein powders your heart desires.
Because after you finish reading this post, youll never need me again. Well, at least not when it comes to making incredible frozen fruit smoothies!
Best And Worst Smoothies
Theyâre refreshingly cool, come in fun, fruity flavors, and are served with a straw. Whatâs not to like about smoothies? Theyâre so popular that you can now find them at fast food restaurants, grocery stores even coffee shops. But while smoothies may sound like a healthy treat, sometimes theyâre anything but.
Smoothies are usually made with healthy ingredients like soy milk, fresh or frozen fruit, skim milk, or yogurt. But some also feature plenty of high-fat and/or high-sugar items like ice cream, peanut butter, sweetened syrups, or chocolate. What you can end up with is a drink that has upwards of 600 calories, enough saturated fat to rival a double cheeseburger, and carbohydrate grams in the triple digits and thatâs just for the small size.
Consider: A 20-ounce serving of Smoothie Kingâs The Hulk-Strawberry has more calories than a Burger King Double Cheeseburger with a medium order of French fries . Dairy Queenâs Tropical Blizzard has more total fat and saturated fat than the same fast-food meal.
If youâre looking for a healthy smoothie, your best bet is usually to keep it simple. The label on Emerald Cityâs Fruity Supreme Smoothie, for example, shows just four ingredients: banana, strawberry, nonfat milk, and protein. Any smoothie that includes nonfat milk, soy milk, or yogurt will likely contribute a nice dose of protein, along with other goodies like vitamin D, B-12, and/or calcium.
Also Check: Smoothie King Center Seat Map
Read Also: Raw Sugar Moisture Smoothie Shampoo
A Good Blender Is Worth It
I got a Blendtec just over 2 years ago, and I can never go back to a normal blender again. Mine tells me how many times Ive used it and Im a few smoothies away from 800 blends! Thats amazing, and it also shows how much I have used it. A good blender will whip you up a thick delicious smoothie with no chunks in about 45 seconds. If you are going to go green on any of your smoothies, a good blender is the key to getting all those healthy leafy greens to blend and have a great texture. I love my high power blender and highly recommend one.
Four: Add Ice And Blend
The amount of ice you use depends on how thick you want your smoothie recipe to be. Start with about 1 cup crushed ice for a fairly thick smoothie that is still drinkable with a straw. Omit the ice if using frozen fruit or if you want the smoothie to be thinner and less cold. Cover and blend until nearly smooth. Pour into a cup or thermal to-go drink container and slurp up every last drop.
Recommended Reading: Slim N Trim Vanilla